Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? (2716 Views)

IPOB Election Boycott Campaign In Anambra (Photos) / Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? / The Anambra State Governorship Elections: Between Peter Obi And Willie Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

cheesy cheesy

If you weren't foolish, you would have known many more have died between then and now abi where did the youths buratai's boys use as target practice come from for example? Not counting all those recession killed? Then all who died of old age etc? cheesy

Your boycott was, in addition to being the most senseless political stunt, also a resounding failure cheesy
Very true. Don't mind that fool. If he desperately want statistics, we will give him everything, even those of the dead

1 Like

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

How many youths did he kill.?

You guys have lost this case against the Biafrans.
Thousands have died, he just used Buratia killing of Ipob touts as an example

2 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by shukuokukobambi: 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

As I said earlier, you and your friends are political illiterates because you failed to compare the 2013 and 2017 percentage of voters against registered voters.

2013: 1.7 milllion : 300k

2017: 2.1 million : 400k

3/17 × 100 = 18%

4/21× 100 = 15%

Look at the calculation to see how IPOB has proven to have more followers.

shukuokukobambi

Nansense and ofe nsala ingredients cheesy

So turn out was this high despite all the youth buratai and his boys finished at bridge head? Shame on you cheesy

Were your juju pots that powerless? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by HiddenShadow: 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
victorvezx:

Thousands have died, he just used Buratia killing of Ipob touts as an example

Give me a range of numbers to prove that he reduced the number of registered voters significantly through python dance.?

shukuokukobambi, am still waiting for you to give me the exact figure.
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by shukuokukobambi: 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

How many youths did he kill.?

So he didn't kill much? Yet you won't let us and ICC rest? Thank God o cheesy

What about those that buhari killed with recession? cheesy

Then those that old age killed?

You guys have lost this case against the Biafrans.

Yyeske and his people shamed you jobless and brainless miscreants. Empty cowardly chest beating clowns cheesy

1 Like

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Activities in Eastern states will be underground.

More boycotts to follow in 2019.

The year of freedom will be in 2023

3 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by shukuokukobambi: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Give me a range of numbers to prove that he reduced the number of registered voters significantly through python dance.?

Na you dey keep scores of those buratai killed with Python na abi your lawyer didn't include facts and figures in your brief to Trump, ICC and UN? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Chaii, see illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by jollymizzle(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Igbos don't die like rats like those in the West who die daily in the hands of head cutters.

If we have high death rate, you won't have noticed our huge population all over the world.

jollymizzle check my post about your post.
i did but bro you have to be reasonable, according to your calculations, 78% didn't vote in 2013 about 122k, now with the boycott we have 85% of voters not coming to vote 175k, the difference is 7%,for you to have 90% success rate, the turnout should not be more than 45,000, now that we have about 400,000 I'll say the election boycott was 10% successful.

2 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by shukuokukobambi: 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
victorvezx:

Very true. Don't mind that fool. If he desperately want statistics, we will give him everything, even those of the dead

They claimed buhari and buratai killed thousands when they were screaming genocide. Now he's trying to defend buhari to hide ipob shame. Which kind problem be this? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by shukuokukobambi: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
jollymizzle:
i did but bro you have to be reasonable, according to your calculations, 78% didn't vote in 2013 about 122k, now with the boycott we have 85% of voters not coming to vote 175k, the difference is 7%,for you to have 90% success rate, the turnout should not be more than 45,000, now that we have about 400,000 I'll say the election boycott was 10% successful.

You actually think that illiterate ipob tout can count or calculate? You wan burst the brain wet no dey there?

1 Like

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by pryme(m): 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

It is so shameful that you desperately want to share One Nigeria with a people your people call evil & drug pushers.

#So shameful

Lol you are a very funny dude,

So you want Nigeria all to yourselves instead? Nigeria belongs to Nigerians, that includes drug pushers like yourselves and Evil ppl like you, sorry it cant be helped.

As I keep seeing all your feeble attempts to gain relevance i cant help but feel sorry for you lot.

1 Like

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by HiddenShadow: 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
jollymizzle:

If you believe you are in charge of your state and have delivered good governance, you should be worried when 15% turn out to vote.

It means, you have lost your people.
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

If you believe you are in charge of your state and have delivered good governance, you should be worried when 15% turn out to vote.

As the other guy stated, Ipob election boycott was less than 10% successful, meaning it was a total failure. why the hell should anyone be worried? It's so insignificant

1 Like

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by jollymizzle(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

well the turnout was low, and yes ipob did play a part, but as you can see it's no where near the purported 90% infact it's way off, just coming close to 10%.
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by shukuokukobambi: 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2017
victorvezx:

As the other guy stated, Ipob election boycott was less than 10% successful, meaning it was a total failure. why the hell should anyone be worried? It's so insignificant

My bro, don't encourage him with that figure. The boycott didn't happen. It was only on nairaland by folks like him who normally don't vote as he sells gala in Lagos and registered here cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by CrtlAltDel: 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2017
pryme:

Its fair to say the election was a success.

How the boycott was suppose to aid the Igbos with their cause is what i dont understand.

If there was no election, a Military Administrator would have been appointed, no one will gain anything from that.

If a military Administrator had taken over they will start screaming Buhari has sent an "Uasa solja" to come and kill them, meanwhile they are the ones that brought it upon them selves.

Its sad that the majority in the south east buys into Igbos stupidity.
Do you now agree with us when we say politically, Igbos are learners grin grin

1 Like

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by PFRB: 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
Many people choose to tell lies in order to spite IPOB and Igbos.
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by victorvezx(m): 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
PFRB:
Many people choose to tell lies in order to spite IPOB and Igbos.
E pain am. Hide ur face in shame
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by Omofunaab2: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

igbos don't die like rats like those in the West who die daily in the hands of head cutters.

If we have high death rate, you won't have noticed our huge population all over the world.

jollymizzle check my post about your post.

What about the 5,000 rats that you guys claimed were killed by hausa-fulani soldiers? grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by CrtlAltDel: 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
Omofunaab2:

What about the 5,000 rats that you guys claimed were killed by hausa-fulani soldiers? grin cheesy

As in, they can lie, they will also bust thier old lie with a new lie….. Littile wonder they are called LieIpob grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by NaijaElba(m): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2017
gidgiddy:
For me, the boycott was very successful. If two thirds of an electorate voluntrarily decide not to participate in an electoral process, that election has been boycotted.

With over 2 million people registered to vote in Anambra, if 300,000 voted, that represents a turnout of less than 15%

So what happend to the other 85%?

The boycott was a huge success

smiles.....at the end winner will emerge. ..The boycott could only be successful if nobody came out to vote...

1 Like

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by Blue3k(m): 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
pryme:

Its fair to say the election was a success.

How the boycott was suppose to aid the Igbos with their cause is what i dont understand.

If there was no election, a Military Administrator would have been appointed, no one will gain anything from that.

If a military Administrator had taken over they will start screaming Buhari has sent an "Uasa solja" to come and kill them, meanwhile they are the ones that brought it upon them selves.

Its sad that the majority in the south east buys into Igbos stupidity.

Why are u buying into nonsense. No military administrator would be appointmented. Read your constitution instead dumb online rags. The would have 2 rerun elections and declare a winner.

1 Like

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by gidgiddy: 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
NaijaElba:

smiles.....at the end winner will emerge. ..The boycott could only be successful if nobody came out to vote...

It is not possible anywhere in world to have 100% boycott, it cant be done. Success of boycott is measured by the numbers that vote and the numbers that didnt.
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by shukuokukobambi: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2017
gidgiddy:

It is not possible anywhere in world to have 100% boycott, it cant be done. Success of boycott is measured by the numbers that vote and the numbers that didnt.

And you don't know that southern Nigeria never gets beyond 30% voter turnout even at the best of times? cheesy

This desperation is getting silly Mr ipob cheesy

1 Like

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by pryme(m): 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
Blue3k:

Why are u buying into nonsense. No military administrator would be appointmented. Read your constitution instead dumb online rags. The would have 2 rerun elections and declare a winner.

Sir IPOB clearly stated that they want no election, and you cant force the ppl of Anambra to vote if they dont want to. It doesnt matter how many times you do a rerun.
So what happens where there are elections?
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by Blue3k(m): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
pryme:

Sir IPOB clearly stated that they want no election, and you cant force the ppl of Anambra to vote if they dont want to. It doesnt matter how many times you do a rerun.So what happens where there are elections?

Don't argue strawmen points. I didn't criticize your point about the election holding. I pointed out your erroneous arguments about military administrator being appointed in any scenario.

1 Like

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by pryme(m): 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
Blue3k:

Don't argue strawmen points. I didn't criticize your point about the election holding. I pointed out your erroneous arguments about military administrator being appointed in any scenario.

There will be a military Administrator at some point, but if you believe there will be no power vacuum if elections dont hold then i get your point.
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by Blue3k(m): 4:24pm On Nov 19, 2017
pryme:

There will be a military Administrator at some point, but if you believe there will be no power vacuum if elections dont hold then i get your point.

See this is why i told you to read constitution instead of just saying nonsense like the IPOB. The election holds no matter what. It's impossible for a vacuum occur. I'll provide you with section 179 of constitution so you actually get point.

(3) In default of a candidate duly elected in accordance with subsection (2) of this section, there shall be a second election in accordance with subsection (4) of this section at which the only candidate shall be—

(a) the candidate who scored the highest number of votes cast at the election ; and

(b) one among the remaining candidates who secured a majority of votes in the highest number of local government areas in the State, so however that where there are more than one candidate with a majority of votes in the highest number of local government areas, the candidate among them with the next highest total of votes cast at the election shall be the second candidate.

(4) In default of a candidate duly elected under subsection (2) of this section, the Independent National Electoral Commission shall within seven days of the result of the election held under that subsection, arrange for an election between the two candidates and a candidate at such election shall be deemed to have been duly elected to the office of a Governor of a State if—
(a) he has a majority of the votes cast at the election ; and

(b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the local government areas in the State

(5) In default of a candidate duly elected under subsection (4) of this section, the Independent National Electoral Commission shall within seven days of the result of the election held under that subsection, arrange for another election between the two candidates to which that sub-paragraph relates and a candidate at such election shall be deemed to have been duly elected to the office of a Governor of a State if he has a majority of the votes cast at the election.

2 Likes

Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by pryme(m): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
Blue3k:

See this is why i told you to read constitution instead of just saying nonsense like the IPOB. The election hold no matter what. It's impossible for a vacuum occur. I'll provide you with section 179 of constitution so you actually get point.

OK I see the misunderstanding here.

What you are saying is after an Election and if votes are cast.

What am saying is if there was no election at all at all or it was prevented using violence.

You can see these are two different things altogether.
Re: Was The Anambra Election Boycott Successful? by shukuokukobambi: 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
gidgiddy:

Ipob miscreant, see the final figures for the 3 main parties

APC - 98,752
PDP - 70,293
APGA - 234,069

Totalling 403,114 surpassing the 2013 figures of 373,841 cheesy

Also this anambra election has been the most peaceful in recent memory. Congrats to obiano and ndi anambra cheesy

Anyway, I think your boycott worked last last.....it helped keep the thugs in their houses occupied with ofe nsala cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Last Did You See Aisha And Buhari Together?(photo) / Tears!! Two Young Men Kill Their Neighbour, Put Him Inside Bag To Sell (photos) / Again, Nnamdi Kanu To Address Biafrans On Saturday 3rd, 2018 By 6pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.