Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Pure Water Biz(Discuss) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pure Water Biz(Discuss) (228694 Views)

Poll: Who is to blame for the empty satchet pure water that litter the streets.

Pure water producers: 12% (1 vote)
End users: 50% (4 votes)
Ministry of environment: 25% (2 votes)
Hawkers: 0% (0 votes)
Waste disposal contractors: 12% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Hw To Write A Pure Water Biz Proposal / How Lucrative Is Pure Water Biz In Lagos? / Pure Water Biz In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Hindsight(f): 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2010
@Kabarka am still waiting for the second part. I hope it includes info on types of vehicle that can be used. Thanks
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by labanj(f): 10:05am On Jul 05, 2010
Hello Kabarka. How are you today? Please, I need the info on pure water biz too. Could you send it to labanjola@yahoo.com? Thanks a lot.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2010
Am sorry,i have been away because i have been documenting and editing VIDEO CLIPS for this thread.
Topics to be shown are:-

1,Description of main parts of Automatic sealing machine(front and interior)
2,Description of the control panel of Automatic sealing machine.
3,maintenance procedure of automatic sealing machine (front and interior)
4,Operation of the machine

pls labanj,hindsight,noblehse and tayofaras do check ur mails.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 8:23pm On Jul 07, 2010
i must confess that my PAIN in this thread is that no one with real problems is coming on.
mutually solving a producer's problem is one of core reasons for creating this thread

Meanwhile,video clips on the way.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by noblehse(m): 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2010
Hi Karbaka,
Thanks for the information and details on pure water biz.However is the picture for the Automatic sealing machine on this thread is the same quoted for me on my mail.Looking forward ofr the video clips .
Thks
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by LANRYUS(m): 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2010
good day folks and thank you kabarka for those useful info, i will request your assistance to provide me with detils of what i need to move on, i already have a building to use. i need to know the required equipment and step by step in setting up the business. my email address is lanryus@yahoo.com.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 8:44am On Jul 13, 2010
Yes,noblehse.Exactly the machine on the first page.Very soon video clips of what this machine is all about will be shown here.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by gEE10(f): 6:37am On Jul 15, 2010
Hi everyone. Kabarka you are doing a great job. I'm impressed. I'm also interested in this venture. My husband has a pieace of land, part of which i can put into use for this Pure water biz. Pls send me starter details, cost implications, staffing etc. My emai is ladderbiz@gmail.com
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2010
Grace, you can check your mail now.thanx for stopping by.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by gEE10(f): 10:54am On Jul 20, 2010
Thanks Kabarka, l'll get back to you soon.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by wonderb: 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2010
@Karbaka. This is to thank Karbaka and AGARIfoods for their beautiful contribution to the development of pure water business in this forum. Karbaka, please i need to have some detailed discussion with you on this issue. Am interested in going to the business and i have reached advanced stage with intention to commence in few months time. Please my email is biodun_akinwobi@yahoo.com while my number is 08023185644. Thx
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by madamL(f): 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2010
Kabarka, good job!!! The business is lucrative but that is if and when you get a few things right. I have gone through the thread and I fear that there is a lot to learn and I hope new entrants to the biz will exercise enough patience to learn before starting.

It is possible to toil and sell a lot of bags in a month and still not make any profit. It happened to me when I started off and I wished I had seen anyone to advise me. It is good that producers are becoming more open minded now. I tried to visit a factory near me then and the owner was very angry and accused me of espionage of all crimes. I decided later when my biz started doing well never to hide information from beginners.

A few tips:

Look for high-yielding nylon. I will never accept anything below 23 bags per kilo. I also insist on being given credit facilities and have vowed never to violate trust in area of payment.

Check over-loading by sales staff. My biz was almost wiped out once by over-loading. One big van was over-loaded by 154 bags the day God helped me catch the thieving team.

Learn a lot about your vans and their parts. When I started, my mechanic rushed a four-bedroom house in less than six months due to my ignorance. I forced myself to learn and my woes ended then.

Know your route very well and get police, FRSC, VIO friends on the route or your boys will steal all your money claiming they used it to settle the road traffic kings.

Do not over-trust any staff.

Have an arrangement that ensures your vans and machines are repaired fast so you won't keep customers waiting.

Buy durable truck brands. For long hauls. mercedes benz products are good.

Do watch fuel use and have a good idea how many litres you really need. Ikotun to Island for instance can take 15 litres with a mercedes benz 608 carrying about 450 bags. You work out details or your boys will start excess diesel sales biz.

Let your trucks leave early. Mine all leave before 5am so as to beat hold up and all manner of traffic officials. Now, I operate more at night and have customers who pay in money to my account and get supplied at night. Breakdowns are low at night since everywhere is cool and there are no hold ups.

The list is long but whoever wants to venture must do some training in another factory. It is very important.

2 Likes

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by wonderb: 8:51am On Jul 22, 2010
Madam L, thanks for your openness on this issue. I am just about going into the business. Everything is almost ready but my concern is what you have explained above-having experience about the trick of the business. Please how can i locate you for any possible assistance. I wouldn't mind if it will be at a fee-no knowledge is lost.

Am anxiously waiting 4 ur reply. My email is biodun_akinwobi@yahoo.com
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 9:30am On Jul 22, 2010
madam L:

Kabarka, good job!!! The business is lucrative but that is if and when you get a few things right. I have gone through the thread and I fear that there is a lot to learn and I hope new entrants to the biz will exercise enough patience to learn before starting.

It is possible to toil and sell a lot of bags in a month and still not make any profit. It happened to me when I started off and I wished I had seen anyone to advise me. It is good that producers are becoming more open minded now. I tried to visit a factory near me then and the owner was very angry and accused me of espionage of all crimes. I decided later when my biz started doing well never to hide information from beginners.

A few tips:

Look for high-yielding nylon. I will never accept anything below 23 bags per kilo. I also insist on being given credit facilities and have vowed never to violate trust in area of payment.

Check over-loading by sales staff. My biz was almost wiped out once by over-loading. One big van was over-loaded by 154 bags the day God helped me catch the thieving team.

Learn a lot about your vans and their parts. When I started, my mechanic rushed a four-bedroom house in less than six months due to my ignorance. I forced myself to learn and my woes ended then.

Know your route very well and get police, FRSC, VIO friends on the route or your boys will steal all your money claiming they used it to settle the road traffic kings.

Have an arrangement that ensures your vans and machines are repaired fast so you won't keep customers waiting.

Do watch fuel use and have a good idea how many litres you really need. Ikotun to Island for instance can take 15 litres with a mercedes benz 608 carrying about 450 bags. You work out details or your boys will start excess diesel sales biz.

Let your trucks leave early. Mine all leave before 5am so as to beat hold up and all manner of traffic officials. Now, I operate more at night and have customers who pay in money to my account and get supplied at night. Breakdowns are low at night since everywhere is cool and there are no hold ups.

The list is long but whoever wants to venture must do some training in another factory. It is very important.
Very good madam,i can see you have  conquered all possible obstacle in this biz and more importantly have devised your unique system that works for you.INFACT,YOU HAVE CAPTURED BOTH END OF THE ROPE.we are living in information age and we will not be left out.these few tips are some of the the things i have highlighted and packaged for new entrants and producers that are in disarray or confused.am glad you are doing very well.Again it's like i will spend time to interprete your reply for people will not understand fully by mere reading.i like you reply very much.

you are welcome in our mist and i hope you be around to give insight.thanx a million
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 10:47am On Jul 22, 2010
hello wonderb,your email is not receiving ,check it out and get back to me,for i have a lot of information for you at your stage.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by daddyk1: 10:54am On Jul 22, 2010
@KABARKA, i salute you,
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 10:56am On Jul 22, 2010
welcome daddy 1,but i have to attend to sth now, bye
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by wonderb: 11:20am On Jul 22, 2010
Karbarka, thank you for the prompt reply. My email is biodun_akinwobi@yahoo.com.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by gudlook(m): 11:23am On Jul 22, 2010
please send complete details to my box izekorcharles@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by wonderb: 11:24am On Jul 22, 2010
Karbaka, i can understand where the problem is. Please the email is not underline but biodun(underscore i.e _) akinwobi@yahoo.com

Thank you
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by madamL(f): 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2010
Kabarka, I will hang around and chip in my bit once in a while. You are doing a great job.

@wonderb. No problems, it is good you are not planning to jump in like I did. It cost me millions, at least the money my mechanic used to build a 4-bedroom flat, before I sought for knowledge with all my strength. You can check out my website www.livcord.bloombiz.com. My email address is livcord@yahoo.com.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by wonderb: 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2010
Madam L,

This is to thank you and Karbaka for your openness to develop this growing industry. If we have majority of people like you in this country i believe we will not face most of the problem we are facing now.

I will get across to you through your address.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Alveez(m): 10:32am On Jul 23, 2010
KUDOS TO THE CONTRIBUTORS SO FAR!!
PLEASE I NEED A DETAIL INFOR. ON THIS BUZ,

MY MAIL :- PRINZKUNLE@YAHOO.COM

PLEASE HELP !
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by AGARIfoods: 4:37am On Jul 24, 2010
madam L:

A few tips:

WELL SPOKEN MADAM AT LEAST IF PRODUCERS CAN GIVE THEIR EXPERIENCES LIKE WE DO IT WILL GO A LONG WAY IN HELPING NEW ENTRANTS AND BRING ABOUT MORE PARTNERSHIP AND BETTER WAYS OF DOING THIS BUSINESS - THIS IS THE REASON WHY THIS BUSINESS DOESN'T GROW BEYOND ITS FOUNDING LOCALITY. AT THE BEGINNING WE FACED THE SAME PROBLEM OF BEING ACCUSED AS SPIES JUST TO VISIT A NEARBY FACTORY AND LEARN THE PROCESS THOUGH WE LEARNT THE HARD WAY AND BECAME OUR OWN MASTERS. THANKS MADAM FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL CONTRIBUTION AND HOW'S THE BIZ GOING? HAVE YOU ATTENDED MEETING LATELY?
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by AGARIfoods: 4:52am On Jul 24, 2010
@KABARKA,

WE SALUTE YOU COURAGE AND KEEP THE KNOWLEDGE GOING AND FLOWING, DON'T WORRY WE ARE BEHIND YOU TO CHIP IN ONCE IN A WHILE. WE HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM THIS FORUM TO SEEK MORE KNOWLEDGE IN VENTURING INTO ANOTHER LINE THOUGH FOLLOWING CLOSELY AND SEEING YOUR GOOD WORK.

HOWEVER AND VERY IMPORTANT, NEW ENTRANTS SHOULD TRY AT ALL MEANS TO SEEK PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE EVEN IF IT MEANS PARTNERING FOR A WHILE LIKE A MONTH TO THREE MONTHS BEFORE VENTURING FULLY ON THEIR OWN. THERE IS GREAT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SETTING UP THIS BUSINESS AND THE REAL PRACTICAL ASPECT SOME OF WHICH CANNOT AND WILL NEVER BE PUT HERE. YOU RISE AND FALL EASILY WITH THIS BUSNIESS IF NOT PROPERLY MANAGED.

MADAM L SAID SAME THING AND FUNNY ENOUGH WOMEN ARE BEGINNING TO CHAMPION THIS BUSINESS AND IT SEEMS TO BE CHALLENGING BUT WORKING WELL. SINCE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR A WOMAN IS GRADUALLY PICKING OURS UP TO SPEED AND THE LEVEL OF SUCCESS IS OVERWHELMING.

ONCE AGAIN A GOOD JOB YOU ARE DOING, KABARKA.

REGARDS.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by dellnett: 9:01am On Jul 24, 2010
@kabarka

I am highly interested in the business, i have a plot of land and borehole in place. kindly send me details of equipments and pricing please

dellnett@hotmail.com

thanks
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Hindsight(f): 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2010
@Madam L thank you for the insightful article. You mentioned using trucks for long hauls. what do you suggest for a starter i was informed that it is best to start with a ford and as business grows one can add other vehicles. Any input will be highly welcome. By the way am also a female wanting to venture into purewater (and MAYBE bottled water).
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by madamL(f): 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2010
my sister Hindsight, what vehicle you start with depends on where you intend to sell.The small  Fords are mainly for selling around your locality and can only carry 250 bags max. If you plan to extend your market to distances up to twenty kilometres then there is need to carry more at a time. I was using LTs at first and then each  will run three trips to a far distance and sell only 750 bags during all the three trips but with my MBs, three trips will mean 1200 bags minimum per truck. It saves diesel and no one wants to be constantly out on the road so if you can haul a lot with fewer trips why not?

There are some truck brands that have some very troublesome parts notably ball joint. With such trucks, you will be at LASTM.A office every time since the truck will be stuck on a spot if the ball joint pulls. You also must ensure that the van has flat springs, do not accept anything with spiral springs for carrying water. MBs are rugged and can always get themselves back. With good customisation it has a good clearance from the ground. Just decide where you want to sell and how many you want to sell in a day and get advice from a good mechanic. Seek out a producer near you and go do attachment. it will save you millions, believe me I am speaking from very bitter experience.

Be very very careful with what vans you buy, that can make or mar everything.

1 Like

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Hindsight(f): 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2010
@Madam L, thanks a mill for the swift response. I am on a tight budget so i have no choice but to start with a smaller vehicle. The ppl in my area who are into the bizness make it out to be a breeze. Me sef have been made to believe that it's easy and the only aspect that i think will be challenging is how to break into the market, as there are a few which are kind of dominating the market. But from ur article i will surely train at an established place for at least a month. Am planning to start by selling a maximum of 500 bags per day and increase it to an acceptable level. I live in kaduna and it seems there is stil a lot of potential in the bizness.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by daddyk1: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2010
@HINDSIGHT
just in-case you need a FORD TRANSIT van long version,
i have 1 up for sale, kenny_gee44@hotmail.
TOKUNBO,
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by coxmox: 2:00am On Jul 26, 2010
kindly assist to send comprehensive details of what it takes to start this PURE WATER business to deleski2003@yahoo.com
Do assist with Material,equipment involved,the costs e.t.c
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by coxmox: 2:03am On Jul 26, 2010
Kabarka,

Pls assist with information on setting up PURE WATER business to my email i.e deleski2003@yahoo.com

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply)

Lotto Forecast (sure Game) / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free / MerryBet Punt For Pride IV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.