Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President (34779 Views)

Robert Mugabe: 8 Important Dates In The Life Of Late Zimbabwean President / Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years / Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
emeijeh:
As far as I am concerned, he has been overthrown.

I am actually concerned about the next African leader to be removed from office.
paul kegame of rwanda

1 Like

Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by bedspread: 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
Mugabe isn't smiling...

The GREATEST ENCOUNTER IS THIS WEEKEND
SATURDAY 25th-26th Sunday November 2017

Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by OBAGADAFFI: 10:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
onatisi:

they are trying to set a precedence , the au and international community will never accept a military take over . so what the military have done is to remove mugabe but not seize power, the constitution hasn't been suspended , they just moved in to stop the downward flow of political events .

What were the actions of the AU and International community when Gaddafi and Musaraf were kicked out by Armed Militia .

The Brits and Yanks Have been trying to Over-throw Mugabe for years.

This failed Military coup is a disappoinment to them.

2 Likes

Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by nwabobo: 10:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
Keneking:
Impeachment ....is the sure way.

Ask Ngige
Ask Fayose
Ask Pedro
Ask Salisu Ibrahim
Ask Evan Enwerem

When was Ngige impeached?

1 Like

Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by peacemara54(m): 10:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
check my signature
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by Noblewhiz(m): 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
This man wan die for seat?
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by Leez(m): 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by Danielalhassan66(m): 10:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
visijo:
Hmm Buhari
are u mad must u mention buhari name
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by john650(m): 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
Built2last:
He will be disgraced. Typical of African leaders. Seat tight syndrome is a spirit in Africa that must be fought by the younger generation.

His party has sacked him and given him till 1pm tommorow.

Very discombombulated old man
I hope once the people of Zimbabwe dispose of him, other African countries that are experiencing similar sit tight presidents will galvanize their people and remove those old cows.

A few names come to mind: Paul Biya in Cameroun, 35 years; the guy in Equatorial Guinea, 38 years; Musevini in Uganda, 31 years. There are more.

1 Like

Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by Danielalhassan66(m): 10:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
for those of u mentioning buhari name

thunder fire una
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by Abusalamah8: 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
Atipe kintunni...
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by vicfy(m): 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
Well, Zimbabweans may think they're fighting Mugabe, but the truth remains that they are fighting themselves. American is certainly behind all these. They should go and ask Libya hw far....d devil u know is much better than d angel u don't know
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by alokongbo: 10:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
old ageold ageold age
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by Elxandre(m): 10:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
HeyCorleone:
African leaders and power. You don't find such in other continents. It's not like he's of any meaningful purpose to that country. It's just that he's friends with the West, that's why he's lasted this long.
How many years has Putin and Merkel been there?

Not as long, yes, but significantly long too.
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by Tuns71: 11:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
Not also forgetting Eduardo Dos Santos of Angola- 38 years whom together with the Equatorial Guinean leader held the current record for the longest serving sit-tight leaders in Africa (outside of the kingship style enclaves of Morroco & Seychelles) and have made cast-iron plans to handover power to their heirs who hold privileged positions in power and have money laundering charges against them in the western world.
I hope once the people of Zimbabwe dispose of him, other African countries that are experiencing similar sit tight presidents will galvanize their people and remove those old cows.

A few names come to mind: Paul Biya in Cameroun, 35 years; the guy in Equatorial Guinea, 38 years; Musevini in Uganda, 31 years. There are more.[/quote]
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by YaxxVille(m): 1:55am On Nov 20, 2017
Bad man Mugabe. Save Zimbabwe
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by bobaydavid(m): 2:15am On Nov 20, 2017
Why is this Man making things tough. He should re-sign and let peace reign in the Country he has spent yrs building. History will Remember him.

1 Like

Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by anonimi: 3:34am On Nov 20, 2017
EliteBiz:
Old man, retire Na, haba!

Please address yourself to the sick, senile old man in Aso Rock who has achieved nothing but steal everything.

Buhari Returns From Foreign Medical Treatment, Receives Speaker Tambuwal
MAR 18, 2012

Former military Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari has returned from his overseas visit to his Kaduna base, and from where he has been receiving guests.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2012/03/18/buhari-returns-foreign-medical-treatment-receives-speaker-tambuwal

[img]http://4.bp..com/-hxkbcMA-Gds/Vi_jnwVSIoI/AAAAAAAHG5I/0h9m6kBQqpE/s400/10.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2960441_engineer_jpeg_jpegebed2913b1866e57e9bf9b70a2c7ad50

2 Likes

Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by anonimi: 3:36am On Nov 20, 2017
Tuns71:
Not also forgetting Eduardo Dos Santos of Angola- 38 years

You are behind the news, bro.
Angola has a new president since September.

gistking22:
Jose Eduardo dos santo's 38-years resign over Angola finally came to an end on Tuesday, when his hand-picked successor,Joa Lourenco, 63, was inaugurated as president at a ceremony in Lauda.
Lourenco, read an oath in which he vowed " on my honour to be devoted myself to the role of presisent",as he took power after the rulling Mpcn party won last month election.
Dos santo's,who was at the ceremony was in poor health, announced his retirement early this year.
Saying he would not be a candidate in the election.
After Angola fought Independences from Portugal in 1975, Dos santo's taking in 1979.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6023623_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by Holyvurgin17(m): 5:15am On Nov 20, 2017
Just shoot the bastard joor undecided
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by kbzee11(m): 5:25am On Nov 20, 2017
He should be allow to complete his race on earth... grin
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by wizod(m): 5:25am On Nov 20, 2017
Let dem give him d torture of his life, he will beg 2 resign. Shikina
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by willian10: 5:32am On Nov 20, 2017
letusbepieces:
I hafff die with laugh here... grin grin grin grin

This is not wat i was expecting.

That man should just be left to complete his race in peace, he is 93 years old for God sake.

They can never get another one like him, he is the father of Zimbabwe.

Wat dey are trying to replace him with is corruption and military rule. Go and see Libya, see Nigeria.

People from Mugabe age(Balewa/Zik) are not as corrupt as the younger ones from IBB/OBJ GOING UP.

At 93 years old, he is certain to go soon anyway. They should just leave him.
They should leave him after ruling for more than 30 years, when it’s not a village king
He’s 93 and we all heard news where he bought royles royce, so tell me, as a Nigerian citizen, no matter what, you can’t wish IBB stays there till he’s 93 bro.

1 Like

Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by nwamehn: 5:43am On Nov 20, 2017
Keneking:
Impeachment ....is the sure way.

Ask Ngige
Ask Fayose
Ask Pedro
Ask Salisu Ibrahim
Ask Evan Enwerem

Was Ngige actually impeached? I don't think he should be on that list cos he was never impeached.
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by spiralwedge(m): 6:24am On Nov 20, 2017
letusbepieces:
I hafff die with laugh here... grin grin grin grin

This is not wat i was expecting.

That man should just be left to complete his race in peace, he is 93 years old for God sake.

They can never get another one like him, he is the father of Zimbabwe.

Wat dey are trying to replace him with is corruption and military rule. Go and see Libya, see Nigeria.

People from Mugabe age(Balewa/Zik) are not as corrupt as the younger ones from IBB/OBJ GOING UP.

At 93 years old, he is certain to go soon anyway. They should just leave him.

That's exactly what we said when he was 70, and 80 and 90. Bros eh, the man go live forever. I guess Zimbabweans just realised this
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by mywells: 6:45am On Nov 20, 2017
nothing like power and besides he has suffered for his country time immemorial,he brought democracy to Zimbabwe,now not him stepping down is the issue but been replaced by his wife.
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by HeyCorleone(m): 8:26am On Nov 20, 2017
Elxandre:

How many years has Putin and Merkel been there?

Not as long, yes, but significantly long too.

What you may not know is Putin left in 2008, and was reelected in 2012 after an amendment was made in the constitution to allow a president more than 2 terms. A recent poll carried out this year revealed more than 60% of Russians would vote for him in the next election.

Bottom line; He isn't clinging to power or forcing himself on the people. He's not despotic. He's their choice. They've been the ones reinstating him..

Besides like I said, African leaders just cling to power without imparting positively on the lives of the citizens. We all know how bad inflation is in Zimbabwe. However, positive things can be attributed to the administration of Putin and Merkel.
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by HeyCorleone(m): 8:31am On Nov 20, 2017
icon8:

I think your head is paining you. Who's friends with the West?
Robert Mugabe?

Do your research before lashing out insults. Because he speaks against homosexuality and other "dangers or the west" doesn't mean he sees them as an enemy. It's just fronting. If you want a proof, what currency does Zimbabwe currently use?

Check history, and see how the careers of despotic African leaders have been ended. Why do you think Mugabe is such a sacred cow?!
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by webngnews: 9:10am On Nov 20, 2017
This old man
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by Elxandre(m): 9:38am On Nov 20, 2017
HeyCorleone:

What you may not know is Putin left in 2008, and was reelected in 2012 after an amendment was made in the constitution to allow a president more than 2 terms. A recent poll carried out this year revealed more than 60% of Russians would vote for him in the next election.

Bottom line; He isn't clinging to power or forcing himself on the people. He's not despotic. He's their choice. They've been the ones reinstating him..

Besides like I said, African leaders just cling to power without imparting positively on the lives of the citizens. We all know how bad inflation is in Zimbabwe. However, positive things can be attributed to the administration of Putin and Merkel.
He has been persecuting the opposition leader for a while now, just to render him useless in their forthcoming elections.

Your said amendment?
Lol. OBJ nearly succeeded in amending the Constitution to win a third term bid too.

If a Nigerian leader lasted this long in power, I'm sure everyone would cry foul.
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by ImtiazNupe(m): 9:50am On Nov 20, 2017
Zimbabweans have no authentic reasons to outcast their leader from power. They should wait for election process.
Re: Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President by HeyCorleone(m): 10:43am On Nov 20, 2017
Elxandre:

He has been persecuting the opposition leader for a while now, just to render him useless in their forthcoming elections.

Your said amendment?
Lol. OBJ nearly succeeded in amending the Constitution to win a third term bid too.

If a Nigerian leader lasted this long in power, I'm sure everyone would cry foul.

No African leader can do half of what Putin has done to Russia. Of what good was Obasanjo that he deserved a third term? Besides like I said, he was reelected. Like he left office for 4 years before getting the vote to return. It's obvious he's the People's choice. No African Leader is worth such. They're just a bunch of unproductive imbeciles.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) / Robert Mugabe Sacked By Zanu-PF, Replaced By Emmerson Mnangagwa / Chinese Banks Restrict Lending To Russia, Dealing Blow To Moscow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.