Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,863 members, 7,798,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns (33737 Views)

Obaseki Inspects Marine Police Post, 8 Gun Boats, Others In Gelegele Community* / Obaseki Where's Gelegele Sea Port?? / Return The Missing Rifle Or Be Dealt With - Army Warn Ijaw Resident In Gelegele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by step1: 4:10am On Nov 30, 2017
historyworld030:
Dude, that is exactly what you have been doing.

Not at all. Very wrong
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 30, 2017
Just take a look at the precolonial maps before making a bigger fool of yourself.
step1:

So Benin lineage and greatness is no longer by blood but by supporting lies. So if I claim that Lagos or Ghana is Benin I will be a proper Benin man.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by step1: 4:13am On Nov 30, 2017
historyworld030:
Once again confusiing history with story.
Fables and religious tales are not History, they are mere stories.
History is backed by evidence
Evidence in the form of precolonial notes and maps.

Now you are confusing me because the zenith of Benin kingdom was 16th century which was when Oba Ado arrived isale eko. This is not story but there are historic evidence and account to proof it.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 4:14am On Nov 30, 2017
shut the fvck up and take a look at the precolonial maps.
You don't know what the truth is, because you were not there six hundred years ago to witness the stories which you are telling.
Historical documents are the only true windows into the past and I have posted some. Look at them and stp peddling stuuupid stories.
You are certainly not Edo, stop impersonating us.

step1:

Not at all. Very wrong
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by step1: 4:14am On Nov 30, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

This step1 guy and the other one called obalufon/olu327 that guy don change moniker pass mama shukurat pant , I don dey demolish them for culture section norbe today , this guys are clowns and jokers , thier medicine dey my Gucci bag and I dey administer am without mercy they know me well..... Very soon this one will change moniker again once I am done with him

Please don't be foolish.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 4:15am On Nov 30, 2017
It doesn't suffice to claim that there is evidence, you have to show that evidence. Omo yoruba.
Telling lies seems to be a habbit for you guys, impersonating others is your new trick.
Back your talk with evidence or shut up.

step1:

Now you are confusing me because the zenith of Benin kingdom was 16th century which was when Oba Ado arrived isale eko. This is not story but there are historic evidence and account to proof it.

3 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by step1: 4:15am On Nov 30, 2017
historyworld030:
shut the fvck up and take a look at the precolonial maps.
You don't know what the truth is, because you were not there six hundred years ago to witness the stories which you are telling.
Historical documents are the only true windows into the past and I have posted some. Look at them and stp peddling stuuupid stories.
You are certainly not Edo, stop impersonating us.

Ok can you map out the part it show all that to be Edo conquered territory.

Again I never said I was Edo. What is wrong with you people. Go back and read my post.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by step1: 4:17am On Nov 30, 2017
historyworld030:
It doesn't suffice to claim that there is evidence, you have to show that evidence. Omo yoruba.

Evidence of Benin influence in Lagos or what ?
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 4:20am On Nov 30, 2017
Ok, since you are too stupid to read maps.
Let me spell it out to you.
Those maps show the Benin Kingdom before colonisation, and as you may have noticed, Lagos was part of it.
I know your butt hurts to see evidence that you have been lied to by your elders since you were a baby boy, but take it up with them and with yourself, not with me, I am not your shrink nor your father.

step1:

Evidence of Benin influence in Lagos or what ?

2 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by step1: 4:22am On Nov 30, 2017
I am not as free as I use to. Anyway believe any lie or your "truth" based on the account of the last Oba.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Rajman45(m): 6:58am On Nov 30, 2017
NDelta:

Not herds men of the south, the problem is that Ijaws are scattered all over the south, they do not have a common geography/location. The other tribes oppose a common state for the Ijaws as it may encroach into their own territories.
Ur very funny.... Why will the other tribes oppose a common state for them..lol. Don't u kn the geographical location of ijaw land in the south, or do u want a state with 95% water as the landmass. For ur information, ijaws has a state in the south ( baysal.. 97%). Being scattered across is nobody's fault.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Punishment1: 7:33am On Nov 30, 2017
historyworld030:
You people still don't know what you are up against.
The Oba of Benin is the Oba of all the people you have just named.
Eventhough I have said this many times in here you still don't get the fact that Benin Kingdom contains the entire Edo state and you keep confusing Benin Kingdom with Benin City (the capital of Benin Kingdom).
You guys should really get educated before making fools of yourselves.
The King of the Edos is Omo n'Oba n'Edo !
You claim to be indigenes of Edo state, yet you know nothing about the people !
You say these Edos should not join the fight yet it is their land Gelegele which you are laying claim to. It is their King whom you are insulting.
You peoples lack of education will be your ruin.

You dumb slowpoke, is Gelegele anywhere near Edo Central or Edo North? Why would these other groups waste their time fighting for you foolish Benin people when they have more pressing issues to attend to. And yes, all of these groups may have been under you back in the day but now they are independent ethnic groups who have their own identity.

3 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Great2017: 8:06am On Nov 30, 2017
Punishment1:

Don't include the Esans, Owans, Etsakos, etc. in this nonsense. The Binis should fight their own battles.
Who are you to speak for them?
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by odigbosky(m): 8:35am On Nov 30, 2017
Afriifa:
lol now, i have seen one of d products from d wasteland(Italy). take heart bro. u win.

I expected that you would have stopped ranting nah bros....Shayb u believe ursef. Am not happy seeing your ranting here all through this page because the ijaws i know don't rant. Trust me if una dy find fight you guys have seen a worthy opponent in us and like i strongly said i hope no be hit and run una sabi....and i pray God give you the strength to come from either your place in delta or bayelsa to come defend your ancestral land in gelegele because i will defend what i believe is mine. Even as we try to avoid conflict we will embrace it if it comes. Thank u
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Punishment1: 8:47am On Nov 30, 2017
Great2017:

Who are you to speak for them?

And who are you to drag them into your fight with the Ijaws
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by odigbosky(m): 8:55am On Nov 30, 2017
i urge all my Edo folks here to leave this page jare.....i see this as a deliberate attempt by those afonjas to just argue. One was quoting a book written by another afonja to discredit us a his source...I try to imagine how their lives would be if they channeled all the energy they put into Benin issues into reclaiming illorin they lost to the fulanis.
I pray we live in peace in the south south for us to develop faster than this but they say war brings peace sometimes and after a good fight with your fellow man...then comes respect for each other.....If the ijaws want to flex muscle then we will gladly give them a fight.....
I just dy feel for those my izon brothers wen dn turn to e warriors....una tink say land fight and militancy na d same tin.....God bless south south and the Niger delta.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by MENELIK1: 9:28am On Nov 30, 2017
odigbosky:
i urge all my Edo folks here to leave this page jare.....i see this as a deliberate attempt by those afonjas to just argue. One was quoting a book written by another afonja to discredit us a his source...I try to imagine how their lives would be if they channeled all the energy they put into Benin issues into reclaiming illorin they lost to the fulanis.
I pray we live in peace in the south south for us to develop faster than this but they say war brings peace sometimes and after a good fight with your fellow man...then comes respect for each other.....If the ijaws want to flex muscle then we will gladly give them a fight.....
I just dy feel for those my izon brothers wen dn turn to e warriors....una tink say land fight and militancy na d same tin.....God bless south south and the Niger delta.

Alitalia product, Ijaws want to kick your ass you are shouting Yoruba, how are they related? If Ijaws can make you shiver to that level you can imagine how terrible it will be for your imaginary kingdom if Yorubas were to kick your ass. We are not your mate in all ramifications of life stop referencing the great Yorubas in your rift with your Ijaw masters

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Dsov2016: 10:57am On Nov 30, 2017
step1:

So Benin lineage and greatness is no longer by blood but by supporting lies. So if I claim that Lagos or Ghana is Benin I will be a proper Benin man.

you're not a Benin man, why because no man will reduce his own people's worth not even the biblical prodigal son but I guess u re wat my grandfather calls an oviomwan. pls stop stating rubbish. anyway may our ancestors judge you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Dsov2016: 11:06am On Nov 30, 2017
MENELIK1:

Alitalia product, Ijaws want to kick your ass you are shouting Yoruba, how are they related? If Ijaws can make you shiver to that level you can imagine how terrible it will be for your imaginary kingdom if Yorubas were to kick your ass. We are not your mate in all ramifications of life stop referencing the great Yorubas in your rift with your Ijaw masters

stfu nor be people like you dey claim say them bury queen Sheba for Yoruba land. I remember when it was posted in punch newspaper and some of your people were claiming to be descendants of David and Solomon through his child with sheba. were it not for recent archaeological discoveries that apostates that queen Sheba kingdom was around Europe we for nor here word

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by mr1759: 11:12am On Nov 30, 2017
Punishment1:

You dumb slowpoke, is Gelegele anywhere near Edo Central or Edo North? Why would these other groups waste their time fighting for you foolish Benin people when they have more pressing issues to attend to. And yes, all of these groups may have been under you back in the day but now they are independent ethnic groups who have their own identity.

who is this dullard,

http://www.thecapital.ng/Awujale is a
Sudanese not Yoruba
ijebu king came out and claim they are not Yoruba

Lagos is not Yoruba land

Lagos does not belong to Yorubas -
Oba Akiolu - Daily ... dailypost.ng › News

so as you are trying your best reduce Benin you too should know that there are other ethnic nationality you ppl are forcing to join Yoruba nation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by MENELIK1: 11:14am On Nov 30, 2017
Dsov2016:

stfu nor be people like you dey claim say them bury queen Sheba for Yoruba land. I remember when it was posted in punch newspaper and some of your people were claiming to be descendants of David and Solomon through his child with sheba. were it not for recent archaeological discoveries that apostates that queen Sheba kingdom was around Europe we for nor here word

This is not related to Ijaws kicking you Ass out o f Benin!

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by MENELIK1: 11:15am On Nov 30, 2017
mr1759:

who is this dullard,

Sudanese not Yoruba

Lagos is not Yoruba land

Yet the people you mentioned speak Yoruba language, are you high or what?

so as you are trying your best reduce Benin you too should know that there are other ethnic nationality you ppl are forcing to join Yoruba nation
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by AleAirHub(m): 11:18am On Nov 30, 2017
Don't mind the empty skull op for writing this useless & epic essay. Lastly I blamed the Mod who push this trash to Front-page.
Bravo cool
GoldCircle:
Rubbish talk! So according to your write up, Ijaw people gave Benin people land to settle when they returned from ile ife? You are obviously very drunk! You want to twist facts and rewrite history abi?

May Agbala shave Your beards!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Dsov2016: 11:31am On Nov 30, 2017
MENELIK1:

This is not related to Ijaws kicking you Ass out o f Benin!

I am in benin. oya let ijaw coman kick me out .olodo!
you and others are forming e warriors. for my area na ijaw dey stay there and see as them they maintain. � its why I am always laughing out loud when people say ijaw will destroy the Benin's if they should fight. those that are on ground know the true state of things. �abi u nor no say if ijaw dey fight guerrilla style Benin's don't perfect am tay tay. na wen them see water turn to other things dem go carry themselves come beg. Benin Neva get their or ur time ����

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Jaideyone(m): 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
Elose11:
My friend, you started well until you began delving into your so called Benin folklore you know next to nothing about. That so called folklore is as told by the Ijaw.
Benin never migrated from Ife. The Benin folklore says that their ancestors originated from the sky. Therefore, the Benin king then was known as Ogiso, meaning king of the sky.
Ife came in when the kingdom started having internal strives.Since they could not agree on a king among themselves, they then send to their prince who had earlier fled to Ife to escape been killed to come and rule over them.
It was this Benin prince who had become a ruler in ife and is now called oduduwa, that sent his son to rule Benin.
As you can see, my friend, there is no where in Benin folklore where it was said that the Benins migrated from Ife. It was only a Benin prince who had now become the ruler of ife, that sent his son, oranmiyan, to rule Benin in his stead. And only when the Benins requested him to come over and rule over them
lol you can like to stick to your narrative that your people came from the sky. pls remove Ife from that your nonsense story.

2 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
I just pray this war starts So that you ijaw can finally shut up.
I can see that your dying wish is to devide the Edo people, but it won't work.
The Oba of Benin is the Oba of all the Edo people.
I have gone through your posts and it seems you realy hate Edo unity and you have problems comprehending that the Edo have one and only king: Omo n'Oba n'Edo. For your info, no group has ever been under me or under any other group, we are all under the authority of Omo n'Oba n'Edo ! And we will all fight for him !
The Oba of Benin did his thank you tour in Edo state soon after his coronation and his subjects and the highest chiefs in all parts of Edo state called him their king. I really don't get you, you are not one of us, but you want to speak in a devisive manner on behalf of some of us. Jeezus, is this the new ijaw technic ? Devide and conquer ?
You think Esan people and other Edos will not fight for their king because Gelegele which is rightfully their land (because all Edo land belongs to all Edo) is far from Edo north. You are one deluded fellow. You can't possibly know us more than we know ourselves.

Punishment1:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2017
I don't even get what the yoruba are doing here, the subject matter doesn't concern them at all.
odigbosky:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2017
He is ijaw, I think.
And his aim is to devide the Edo people.
He still doesn't understand that the Oba of Benin is not the Oba of Benin City but the Oba of Benin Kingdom which comprises the entire Edo state and goes way beyond. I tried to explain that to him but he went into an other outburst and started saying nonsensical things.
Is it so hard to understand that Benin City is just the capital of a kingdom and not the kingdom itself ?

mr1759:

who is this dullard,

Sudanese not Yoruba

Lagos is not Yoruba land

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Agbaletu: 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2017
historyworld030, before the recent coronation that was stopped, who was the head of Gelegele?
Why did the Gelegele people have to wait till now before installing a king within Bini kingdom since the mentioned place is within the kingdom (Based on the maps)?
Are there any village or town under Bini kingdom with a king?
Does Omo n'Oba n'Edo mean the king of all Edos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Senator Ben Murray-bruce / Why Military Under Jonathan Failed To Defeat Boko Haram – Former CDS / Throwback Photos Of Sani Abacha & Wife As A Young Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.