Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns (33810 Views)

Obaseki Inspects Marine Police Post, 8 Gun Boats, Others In Gelegele Community* / Obaseki Where's Gelegele Sea Port?? / Return The Missing Rifle Or Be Dealt With - Army Warn Ijaw Resident In Gelegele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
In my dreams as well, but I die with the knowledge that I have helped in leading my people into victory against the vicious invaders whom we previously treated as brothers.
Afriifa:
I see you die in my dreams. shot with an Uzi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by odigbosky(m): 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
hotwax:

Yes you stayed with Ijaw/Uhrobo, see where it leading you now. Loosing your land...Maybe you deserve that. Jealous tribe,.

Awua....God forbid say we jealous una....we dy mad....d time wen we dy exchange ambassador with European powers where una dy...If not for the fact that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees b4 the british that is why they tried reducing our prestige and elevating you guys but nothing spoil because anytime any day the only competition of an Edo man is the nearest Edo man......Park well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by KingOvoramwen1(m): 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
[[s]quote author=Afriifa post=62830005]I don't like wars either. as a civilized person, I had always advocated for a peaceful resolution in any conflict.. if you look at the bigger picture. the Binis are like intimidating the Ijaws because they have a governor at their disposal which of course the Ijaws don't have.. if you deep thoughts about the remarks the Governor made against the Ijaws. its enough to incite war between these neighbours. literally, from the comment, Ijaws are like second class citizens in Edo State(which is not right).

as for war, forgets the mythical tales about the binis.. they will be outnumbered. the Ijaws in Delta alone can hold dem down.. reinforcement will be called from d likes of Rivers. ondo. Akwa-ibom. bayelsa. n I forgot to mention it. even the uhrobos don't like the binis(arguably d Entire Niger delta)... presently the Ijaws have 1 governor. three deputy governors. 5-6 senators and two speakers of the house n two other deputy speakers... so even in the Political realm. the Ijaws are well built. economically we are super relevant.. n don't forget. we know the Niger Delta routes better than anyone... i forgot even the Even Cross rivers has Ijaws.[/quote][/s]

Just look at this one. You never know anything , go and ask around..

Because say una scatter like the biblical tower of babel like house fly u wan claim shit hahaha you go wound , what's the size of your peanut bayelsa as a whole?

I repeat again, IJAWS UNA GO WOUND!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by bomasek(m): 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jupxter:

I told you ! I'm also not an Edo man, watch your words. stop war mongering
Whose side are u on in this war of attrition?
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by odigbosky(m): 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
MENELIK1:

Go and find out any where, Yoruba has always being plus or minus anybody, mind you, I have said it on this forum severally, don't compare Yoruba and Binis again rather, bini and sectional Yorubas like Ijebu, Ijesa or Egba even Ibadan is bigger that the whole bini tribe. Also, tell your elders to stop revisionist history it wont work. Yoruba predates bini, one developed to en empire the other was a kingdom. Yorubas don't pick bini words or names rather bini pick those of Yorubas and if you doubt me spell the word " OBA" using bini alphabets.

make una leave us alone oooooo
we no gree....we no be afonja....shuo
na force to be afonja again....today u guys would be hating..2moro u guys will be claiming us....and please even before Oronmiyan we had an Ogiso called Obagodo...so Oba aint a yoruba word only.....So bros park well no vex

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
bomasek:
Beat the drums of war and watch us desecrate your heritage,the Ijaws are a formidable force to reckon with.
do you have to reply someone who cannot differentiate an assault riffle from hand gun?
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
idiotic person, the expression is "differentiate a rifle from a hand grenade". slowpoke.
Afriifa:
do you have to reply someone who cannot differentiate an assault riffle from hand gun?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:
[[s]quote author=Afriifa post=62830005]I don't like wars either. as a civilized person, I had always advocated for a peaceful resolution in any conflict.. if you look at the bigger picture. the Binis are like intimidating the Ijaws because they have a governor at their disposal which of course the Ijaws don't have.. if you deep thoughts about the remarks the Governor made against the Ijaws. its enough to incite war between these neighbours. literally, from the comment, Ijaws are like second class citizens in Edo State(which is not right).

as for war, forgets the mythical tales about the binis.. they will be outnumbered. the Ijaws in Delta alone can hold dem down.. reinforcement will be called from d likes of Rivers. ondo. Akwa-ibom. bayelsa. n I forgot to mention it. even the uhrobos don't like the binis(arguably d Entire Niger delta)... presently the Ijaws have 1 governor. three deputy governors. 5-6 senators and two speakers of the house n two other deputy speakers... so even in the Political realm. the Ijaws are well built. economically we are super relevant.. n don't forget. we know the Niger Delta routes better than anyone... i forgot even the Even Cross rivers has Ijaws.[/s]

Just look at this one. You never know anything , go and ask around..

Because say una scatter like the biblical tower of babel like house fly u wan claim shit hahaha you go wound , what's the size of your peanut bayelsa as a whole?

I repeat again, IJAWS UNA GO WOUND!
... hahah. scattered or within the Niger Delta.. we are scattered because of states creation. but still united by roots.. fvck with an Ijaw man from edo becux u think they are small? even d entire edo. na only d binis. d esans are not among... lol they are like wolfs. they hunt in packs. bad nightmare for you..

2 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Fourwinds: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
NDelta:
The writer was spot on, the Ijaws were first in Benin before any other tribe, they were fisher men in those days. Benin will always be home of the Ijaws. The next oba must be an Ijaw man.
I laugh....that throne is not met for any dick and harry....I laugh again

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
idiotic person, the expression is "differentiate a rifle from a hand grenade". slowpoke.
hahah. dis guy sha.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by hotwax: 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
odigbosky:

Awua....God forbid say we jealous una....we dy mad....d time wen we dy exchange ambassador with European powers where una dy...If not for the fact that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees b4 the british that is why they tried reducing our prestige and elevating you guys but nothing spoil because anytime any day the only competition of an Edo man is the nearest Edo man......Park well

In that your village. How many lands can Benin boast of? Yoruba has states and Lands...We Dominated Benin republic. We are a race. Benin is just another ethnic monority like Efiks. Thats why you are jealous. You can never amount to Yoruba race in ur life.

Never compare yourself with Yorubas. You only exist in your Edo state. Outside Edo, no one know u.

Your men knelt for the British Soldiers when they saw gun powders. LOL

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by bomasek(m): 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
Let us fight, no more talk. Just fight.
U wanna battle a Nation littered across 6 states in the 9ja deita,u guys are outnumbered grin

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
bomasek:
Whose side are u on in this war of attrition?

Peace
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
You seem really deaf, there is no dichotomy between us the Edo, we have only one king: Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
I don't know how many times I need to tell you people this, here is a video for you to understand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btoAyuJFXhk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MqF5JhgX0g

Afriifa:
... hahah. scattered or within the Niger Delta.. we are scattered because of states creation. but still united by roots.. fvck with an Ijaw man from edo becux u think they are small? even d entire edo. na only d binis. d esans are not among... lol they are like wolfs. they hunt in packs. bad nightmare for you..
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
Yes, ofcourse you are "being treated as second class citizens", yes everybody else is marginalizing you.
You special ijaws.
Enough talk, it is time to fight.
Me and my Edo people will face you on the battle front.
Let us get this started.
lol. we are super special. what an ungrateful bastard. even the the vehicle used by that ur Oba to flock around is likely bought by the resources in Ijaw regions. shut up and be grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Mulakintanwa(m): 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
TO YOU ALL THE DESCENDANT OF DHU NUWAS ( ODU ENUWA to the yorubas, NDI UWA or NDI ENUWA to the ibos).

THE FIRST EMPEROR (5-6th century AD) OF THE FIRST EMPIRE OF WEST AFRICA CAPITAL AT ILE- IFE. PALACE LOCATED AT ENUWA ILE-IFE OSUN STATE.
Asara ODU ENUWA atewanro also Yusuf asar' yathar Dhu nuwas king of nations south of Arabia.

YUSUF: Joseph

ASARA~ AS'AR : 1. Twelve (tribes of Israel) 2. To give/take tenth.

YATH'AR ; conjecture of two words 'qiryath haarba' meaning city of four( burial place of sarah, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob).
The older name of the city of Hebron.

Phonetic spelling: "keer- yath' haw-ar-bah",
qiryath - ha-arbaw (haribawa).

The Hausa man did not forget so they call us Yoruba or Yaribawa.
"keer-y(ath haw-ar)-bah" is what the Yoruba took out of this to give atewanro. Hebron is tantamount to the tribe of Judah.

ODU ENUWA ASARA ATEWONRO
Hausa called the IBO yarmirin 'yarmin' is the the Hebrew for right hand, while 'yarmiym' is Hebrew for 1. stronger, 2. more dexterous, 3. son of right hand (Benjamin). Tribe of Benjamin.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ijaws and trouble making. Will anything good come from that tribe? From laziness to drunkenness to militancy

They kiddnapp in Benin
They rob in Benin
They are into land grabbing in Benin.

And now want to install their own king in another man's territory. They are tenants & they will remain so. If they try anything funny in that state, the whole state will decimate them

Benin people are too tolerating/accommodating & reason why miscreants like ijaws are confronting them & forcefully occupying various parts of Benin City especially in Ovia area, Udo etc as farming purpose and thereafter renaming the area and erecting structures.

Ijaws have billions of ill gotten oil funds from bunkering, sabotage, militancy, illegal refinery, oil theft to cause mayhem & militancy in any part of south south & some part of southwest. I pity the people given them their land to operate

The governor of that state should reclaim all land occupied by large ijaw settlers & let them crawl back to the backward Bayesa they came from

If I'm the governor of that state, ijaws are too small for this land grabbing. Tag the area illegally acquisition of government properties & bring all structures down. Lagos state did some this year Otodo Gbame comes to mind

There are Urhobos, Ishekiri, Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, & many tribes in Edo but you don't hear of land grabbing like the ijaws.

Keep developing another man's land & when it is time the true owners of the land will burn you & your property

A source told me there are already ijaws/ urhobo settlers at the land located at the back of University of Benin and they name it "Igue Chana" community

By Nigeria constitution, all land is own by the state government

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jupxter:

And the other Niger Delta tribes will allow all of this happen?
Hmmm. at least they are wise enough to read truths.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2017
Elose11:
My friend, you started well until you began delving into your so called Benin folklore you know next to nothing about. That so called folklore is as told by the Ijaw.
Benin never migrated from Ife. The Benin folklore says that their ancestors originated from the sky. Therefore, the Benin king then was known as Ogiso, meaning king of the sky.
Ife came in when the kingdom started having internal strives.Since they could not agree on a king among themselves, they then send to their prince who had earlier fled to Ife to escape been killed to come and rule over them.
It was this Benin prince who had become a ruler in ife and is now called oduduwa, that sent his son to rule Benin.
As you can see, my friend, there is no where in Benin folklore where it was said that the Benins migrated from Ife. It was only a Benin prince who had now become the ruler of ife, that sent his son, oranmiyan, to rule Benin in his stead. And only when the Benins requested him to come over and rule over them

True talk.
Oba gha to'kpeye!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by bomasek(m): 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2017
Afriifa:
Baba I do mistake,no vex
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by masties2(f): 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2017
Elose11:
My friend, you started well until you began delving into your so called Benin folklore you know next to nothing about. That so called folklore is as told by the Ijaw.
Benin never migrated from Ife. The Benin folklore says that their ancestors originated from the sky. Therefore, the Benin king then was known as Ogiso, meaning king of the sky.
Ife came in when the kingdom started having internal strives.Since they could not agree on a king among themselves, they then send to their prince who had earlier fled to Ife to escape been killed to come and rule over them.
It was this Benin prince who had become a ruler in ife and is now called oduduwa, that sent his son to rule Benin.
As you can see, my friend, there is no where in Benin folklore where it was said that the Benins migrated from Ife. It was only a Benin prince who had now become the ruler of ife, that sent his son, oranmiyan, to rule Benin in his stead. And only when the Benins requested him to come over and rule over them

GGod bless you my brother. May you never run short of wisdom.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by odigbosky(m): 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2017
Afriifa:

no vex bros...
one esan man dy here...
anytime any day we dy march with our Oba...life and direct...u suppose know say dem neva activate our crace....to shoot gun no b wahala...na to carry dead body be serious gbeghe....e no go good if we fight...because i no sure say u dy gelegele...me dy benin standby and na our women and children go suffer. We just dy clear una make una knw say if e start...we go follow una dance d dance...we go follow una carry the egbesu....from ovia to ikpoba river...we go follow una swim am....if na canoe we paddle am together.....Olokun go baff us 2geda....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Mulakintanwa(m): 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
ODU-ENUWASE ASARA ATEWONRO NOT ODUDUWA
ODUDUWA is a fraud.

TO YOU ALL THE DESCENDANT OF DHU NUWAS ( ODU ENUWA to the yorubas, NDI UWA or NDI ENUWA to the ibos).

THE FIRST EMPEROR (5-6th century AD) OF THE FIRST EMPIRE OF WEST AFRICA CAPITAL AT ILE- IFE. PALACE LOCATED AT ENUWA ILE-IFE OSUN STATE.
Asara ODU ENUWA atewanro also Yusuf asar' yathar Dhu nuwas king of nations south of Arabia.

YUSUF: Joseph

ASARA~ AS'AR : 1. Twelve (tribes of Israel) 2. To give/take tenth.

YATH'AR ; conjecture of two words 'qiryath haarba' meaning city of four( burial place of sarah, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob).
The older name of the city of Hebron.

Phonetic spelling: "keer- yath' haw-ar-bah",
qiryath - ha-arbaw (haribawa).

The Hausa man did not forget so they call us Yoruba or Yaribawa.
"keer-y(ath haw-ar)-bah" is what the Yoruba took out of this to give atewanro. Hebron is tantamount to the tribe of Judah.

ODU ENUWA ASARA ATEWONRO
Hausa called the IBO yarmirin 'yarmin' is the the Hebrew for right hand, while 'yarmiym' is Hebrew for 1. stronger, 2. more dexterous, 3. son of right hand (Benjamin). Tribe of Benjamin.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Evidenx(m): 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
hotwax:

In that your village. How many lands can Benin boast of? Yoruba has states and Lands...We Dominated Benin republic. We are a race. Benin is just another ethnic monority like Efiks. Thats why you are jealous. You can never amount to Yoruba race in ur life.

Never compare yourself with Yorubas. You only exist in your Edo state. Outside Edo, no one know u.

park well, if YORUBAS was so powerful, where was obatala, ODODUWA and rest Yoruba ancestors or God's when We were colonized? gun powder defeated all of them too.. rubbish.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by odigbosky(m): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
hotwax:

Guy you dull oooooo
Outside Edo state nobody know us....hmmm just look at the way you are lying to yourself. Yoruba a race....with this i just confirm say na oruen i dy argue with.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
I don't care who owns where but a war between the ijaws and binis will torch every corner of tne niger delta especially neighbouring delta state. By the time the war is over the Nigerian government will come to clear your carcasses and take control of the region

2 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2017
Stop talking, let us start fighting, I prove my worth on the battle front, not on nairaland.
bomasek:
U wanna battle a Nation littered across 6 states in the 9ja deita,u guys are outnumbered grin

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by updatechange(m): 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
nengibo:

You can't just disagree with fact, it doesn't work that way, bini mean water in Ijaw language

Ile-Ibinu was a pure Yoruba language before it was currupted to ibinu and finally bini coined from the oduduwa's rebuke to the Binins after he left for Ile-ife.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
odigbosky:

no vex bros...
one esan man dy here...
anytime any day we dy march with our Oba...life and direct...u suppose know say dem neva activate our crace....to shoot gun no b wahala...na to carry dead body be serious gbeghe....e no go good if we fight...because i no sure say u dy gelegele...me dy benin standby and na our women and children go suffer. We just dy clear una make una knw say if e start...we go follow una dance d dance...we go follow una carry the egbesu....from ovia to ikpoba river...we go follow una swim am....if na canoe we paddle am together.....Olokun go baff us 2geda....
Reminds of the Heroes in the Niger Delta... even the first republic to be declared within the boarders of Nigeria. was declared by an Ijaw Man (Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro) history has it that he gallantly fought the FG for 12 days before he was finally overran by the FG superior fire power.. ijaws don't Make noise we match action with words.... I cross my heart.. the Entire Edo is too small to be a war zone for the Ijaws.. we are used to wars.. ask the FG.. we survived... tell your Oba to respect the Niger Delta. he will bring trouble to ur house.

3 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
hotwax:
LOL @ Benin..they are our backbitting brothers. They are busy laying claims to Lagos, and someone else is claiming their backyard.

You will soon loose Benin to Ijaws.

You always join Igbos to attack us.

Yes Benin is no man land.

I am Yoruba, I believe we share ancestral heritage with Benin. But Benin always backbite

Baba, nice one!

I burst laugh when I read your comment. This could be the beginning of a trend ‘Benin is no man’s land’ cheesy

I respect your belief though but I disagree that we share ancestry with the Bini folks. We only share monarchy and arts. And it was a case of superior [Yoruba] transfering to the lesser one [Bini]. Outside monarchy and arts, we have nothing in common. We have been the one giving them, and things we gave them are the reasons they are relevant today.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
The problem is the onsidedness of the provocation and insult from the ijaws.
I just wonder what the hell is wrong with them ?
Why are they acting like crazy people ?
We have been accomodating them and giving peace a chance but the ijaws don't seem to understand the equations of the situation.
They don't care for peace nor for haarmony amongst the people of the Niger Delta or the south, all they care is to claim land in other peoples kingdoms.
rafa9:
I don't care who owns where but a war between the ijaws and binis will torch every corner of tne niger delta especially neighbouring delta state. By the time the war is over the Nigerian government will come to clear your carcasses and take control of the region

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Gov Sanwo-Olu Denies Rumour Of Curfew In Lagos / Oyesola: Tinubu Decorates Commander Of Presidential Air Fleet With New Rank / APC Bribed Tribunal With N23b To Oust Me – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.