Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns (33823 Views)

Obaseki Inspects Marine Police Post, 8 Gun Boats, Others In Gelegele Community* / Obaseki Where's Gelegele Sea Port?? / Return The Missing Rifle Or Be Dealt With - Army Warn Ijaw Resident In Gelegele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2017
No, you are mistaking.
The case has already been decided in court, more than 30 years ago !
And the ijaws are once again flaunting the decision of the magistrates.
I don't understand how it were possible for you to misunderstnad my statemet.
I clearly said that the matter had been decided in the 80's.
Yyeske:
If the case is in court the governor shouldn't have said anything about it, he should just go through the court and the the Ijaws people shouldn't have proceeded with the coronation of Pere until the case has been given a final verdict

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 9:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
Keep playing with those people's lives, when the shit hits the fan, you will be the only ones to blame.
I am only wondering why they can't see that some people who claim to be their brothers are using them as sacrificial lambs.
if the Fg couldn't wipe the Ijaws despite all the military bombardments. what makes tiny binis think they can stand d ijaw-trouble wen it looms.. are really in a wasteland? we gonna send ur stupid Oba to exile in dis modern era,, try it bro.. Alah bless you bloody slave.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
No, you are mistaking. The case has already been decided in court, more than 30 years ago ! And the ijaws are once again flaunting the decision of the magistrates.
are u d only slave here?
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by khadaffi(m): 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jupxter:

So the Edo people like the Urhobos?
Sorry no South south person should be asking this as the answer is too obvious
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
Yyeske:
From that link, it shows the Ijaws had lived in that area before the Binis and are aboriginal to the land
even the Portuguese confirmed this... now u see why It really hurts to see this online immigrants from italy making noise?
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
Those who are calling for peace, I hope you can see the onesidedness of these provocations. I don't think any edo person here has even insulted the pigs these ijaw slaves dropped by their senior slave jaja call king.
It is funny how you guys are so brave with the lives of your (I must assume) sacrifical lambs.
When the shit hits the fan, you will understand why the Edo were able to create an empire.
Let us get this started I am tired of talking, fighting is more natural for me.
Afriifa:
if the Fg couldn't wipe the Ijaws despite all the military bombardments. what makes tiny binis think they can stand d ijaw-trouble wen it looms.. are really in a wasteland? we gonna send ur stupid Oba to exile in dis modern era,, try it bro.. Alah bless you bloody slave.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
All you have is delusion. I have proven to you that you are not telling the truth.
wait until truth fall on you.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by bomasek(m): 9:05pm On Nov 29, 2017
Alexus23:

Please, stop this nonsense. Is it only in Ijaw land that oil is been drilled? What about Igboid areas in Rivers and Delta that oil is carted away on daily basis? No need even mentioning Abia and Imo. Ijaws are not the only region surffering from neglect and marginilization. Just don't involve us in your troubles. angry
Who be this one,we warlords dey talk,fly sef wan dance waist dance were we dey

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Yyeske(m): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
No, you are mistaking.
The case has already been decided in court, more than 30 years ago !
And the ijaws are once again flaunting the decision of the magistrates.
I don't understand how it were possible for you to misunderstnad my statemet.
I clearly said that the matter had been decided in the 80's.
Then the Ijaws should please allow peace to reign since it has been decided in the court or they can appeal if they are not satisfied.
Meaning the governor was right in threatening to arrest those involved in the coronation.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
khadaffi:

Sorry no South south person should be asking this as the answer is too obvious

That's why i'm asking. I don't know. I really need to know
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by updatechange(m): 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
Afriifa:
is that all you are good at? even dragging lands with the Yorubas.

Ogbeni jabojo.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Uyiii: 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
Afriifa:
so covered because you are not my lecturer. u don't mark my scripts, so face the water if you know how to swim stop calculating the length.
I hope you don't claim your lecturers wife one daygrin, anything stupid is possible with the ijaws, you knowembarassed

just kill yourself bro, your life is a total mess and you're a disgrace to humanitysmiley. Traitorsundecided

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2017
Must you make it easy for them to fool you ?
So all they need as proof to convince you is just a "talk" ?
Is this the best nigerian schools can offer.
I have been posting historical documents, maps drawn hundreds of years ago and just one talk would defeat history ?
Jeesus, I am starting to understand why the "country" is not going anywhere.
Yyeske:
From that link, it shows the Ijaws had lived in that area before the Binis and are aboriginal to the land
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
Thank you, I am sorry for being wicked with you on my last comment, you seem sincere.
But these ijaw problems are really annoying.
I have never seen a people who are so dull in my life, just going into your land, making false claims and then trying to take over your land and on top of that claiming that you are the aggressor.

Yyeske:
Then the Ijaws should please allow peace to reign since it has been decided in the court or they can appeal if they are not satisfied.
Meaning the governor was right in threatening to arrest those involved in the coronation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Alexus23: 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
bomasek:
Who be this one,we warlords dey talk,fly sef wan dance waist dance were we dey
You warlords are already going soft grin if na lie, ask Ateke. The guy don dey chill for him palace, no time for wahala. Na to dey enjoy dey go be that'o cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Yyeske(m): 9:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
Must you make it easy for them to fool you ?
So all they need as proof to convince you is just a "talk" ?
Is this the best nigerian schools can offer.
I have been posting historical documents, maps drawn hundreds of years ago and just one talk would defeat history ?
Jeesus, I am starting to understand why the "country" is not going anywhere.
My brother, I'm so confused with different assertions here from both sides but since the case had been deliberated on by a court and verdict given then it stands and the Ijaws should abide by it.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by mr1759: 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2017
Provalker:
Ijaws own the land in contention, Benin people should respect themselves.

shut up your mouth, even king jaja who is the founder of ijaw nation was a slave from igboland , he later deepen him self into slave trade business some of this slave that he gathered and was unable to sell after his arrest are today known as ijaw ppl, ordinary ijaw does not have identity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Beosten(m): 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
ObalufonIII:

The problem with Nigerians [Benin people in this context] is that reading & research is a far removed habit/culture from your lifestyles.

Your lost Binu prince story was a renaissance-esque thought that began in the 80s. A plant that sprouted from the question raised by Prince Edun Akenzua. He said ‘Bini kingdom is surrounded by several kingdoms. Why did Bini have to send to Ife for help to resolve their political imbroglio’ — this birthed the revisionism in Bini history which your Oba brought to full glare with his ‘Obedient servant’ book. Bini history prior to this had no traces of a lost prince, not even in the first indigenously written Bini by Egarevba.

The lost prince theory is hinged on noun rendition - Oduduwa to Izoduwa, two words meaning differnt things with different etymologies.
Oduduwa was an Ife resident, he resided in Ora Hills in More Quarter of Ife. His ancestral settlement has been combed and artefacts were found there but it has not been excavated for it is a sacred and secluded place.

After Oduduwa unified the entire sub-settlements into one, all occupants moved towards the palace [where Ife palace is presently]. Oduduwa moved his people to Idio [it was the previous palace but right beside the present palace]. His family and his settlers from his previous settlements all live there, worship him there and his shrine is there.

Oduduwa had an actual Yoruba name. His name was Osin-Ora. This name is usually guarded heavily, only those belonging to his family cult [non blood relatives could not join until few decades ago], the same way it is only in Ife we have Oduduwa cult and he is the only deity apart from the Supreme God who does not have an effigy. This secrecy dedicated to the man is why not much of his information is out there. The are other families in Ife holding information on Osin-Ora but Ejio family compound for example was the family that went out to meet Oduduwa and his family on the way to welcome him from up the hills - they hid this in the story of Sky Descent theory to prevent people from going to the hill for it is visited only when a new Ooni is to be coronated. He stays there for a while, walks the path Oduduwa took, stops at certain family compounds as he did and heads to his Idio compound.

Oduduwa was a nickname given to him for starting a new era in Ife history. It is different from and has nothing to do with your Izoduwa lost prince. Your theory is synonymous to saying the Ugbo or Igbos Moremi betrayed and triggered their evacuation from Ife are the present Ugbo-Ukwu or Igbo in presentday Nigeria.

Please look for your lost prince in the Atlantic Ocean.

Ife history is well documented in family cults/rituals, orikis & festivals. The latter which, in Ife, is never a funfair stuff but a re-enactment of actual events.

This your moniker is a respected deity in Ife-odan where I'm from. Your mentioned Ejio. We have Obajio compound here, also called Ejio.

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
grin
Uyiii:

I hope you don't claim your lecturers wife one daygrin, anything stupid is possible with the ijaws, you knowembarassed

just kill yourself bro, your life is a total mess and you're a disgrace to humanitysmiley. Traitorsundecided
one of the waste products imported from italy... lol. hope you no go sleep with ur sister without knowing.. take heart. bastards..

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Alexus23: 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
Yyeske:
My brother, I'm so confused with different assertions here from both sides but since the case had been deliberated on by a court and verdict given then it stands and the Ijaws should abide by it.
Court verdict Well if it is true, then the best is to appeal. However, where is the evidence if ever there is an existing court verdict? wopu onu no okwu nha. Obgasigieyi.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Provalker: 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
mr1759:

shut up your mouth, even king jaja who is the founder of ijaw nation was a slave from igboland , he later deepen him self into slave trade business some of this slave that he gathered and was unable to sell after his arrest are today known as ijaw ppl, ordinary ijaw does not have identity
Leave ijaw land if you want benin to still exist.

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
Dude, I keep wondering if it is actually possible to have a logical conversation with you guys.
I am not asking you to send me to a boook written recently and whose authors are pretending to narrate an event which allegedly happened some 500 years before the author was born.
I am asking you for a very simple thing: what was decorating the palaces of your "kings" when the british arrived ?
If you want to make a claim, provide historical documents to prove it !

You claim that "yoruba" taught Edo how to make Edo Bronzes, then where were the bronzes decorating "yoruba kings" palaces ?
Which of your "kings" were exiled by the british ?

LMAO, this guy is an olodo sha.

You'll have to read, it will help improve your 'Use of English' and broaden your mind with regards to the greatness of the Yoruba.

First emboldened, to get the description of ancient Yoruba palace decoration, read:

1. (a.) Clapperton, Hugh; Lander, Richard (1829). Journal of a second expedition into the interior of Africa, from the Bight of Benin to Soccatoo.

(b.) The Journal of Richard Lander from Kano to the Sea-Coast Partly by a More Easterly Route.

2. Frobenius, Leo; The Voice of Africa: Being an Account of the Travels of the German Inner African Exploration Expedition in the Years 1910-1912

Second emboldened:

1. Blier, Susan P; Art and Risk in Ancient Yoruba: Ife History, Power and Identity C. 1300.

There's your answer. Except you can read, there isn't any other way I can be of help to you. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
Look for historical documents, precolonial maps and so on, stop believing stories.
When people make statements don't believe unless there is proof backed by historical evidence.
Use your brain as you were taught in school.
Always be skeptical.
Don't ever rely on feelings or emotions, all that matter is getting to the truth, even if it hurts.

Yyeske:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Yyeske(m): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
Thank you, I am sorry for being wicked with you on my last comment, you seem sincere.
I have never seen a people who are so dull in my life, just going into your land, making false claims and then trying to take over your land and on top of that claiming that you are the aggressor.

No problem bro, I believe the court verdict should stand to avoid any unecessary lose of life
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
mr1759:

mumu. jaja was bought by who? must u insult the integrity of ur family by being a waste person? sorry. take heart.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 9:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
Look for historical documents, precolonial maps and so on, stop believing stories.
When people make statements don't believe unless there is proof backed by historical evidence.
Use your brain as you were taught in school.
Always be skeptical.
Don't ever rely on feelings or emotions, all that matter is getting to the truth, even if it hurts.

na so u sabi lie? i forgot that's how ur sisters deceived d white folks in italy before looting dem.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Yyeske(m): 9:22pm On Nov 29, 2017
Alexus23:

Court verdict Well if it is true, then the best is to appeal. However, where is the evidence if ever there is an existing court verdict? wopu onu no okwu nha. Obgasigieyi.
Ewepu go mu onumu biko, they should just settle this before any unwanton killings start, that is my own.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by bomasek(m): 9:22pm On Nov 29, 2017
Alexus23:

You warlords are already going soft grin if na lie, ask Ateke. The guy don dey chill for him palace, no time for wahala. Na to dey enjoy dey go be that'o cheesy cheesy cheesy
Guy how far jare,all this one na online rant we dey do,war no be good tin jare.

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Uyiii: 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
You've written well enough man, in both logical reasoning and garnered with facts too, anyone not laced and romanced with sentimentality and a biased mindset can easily pick out truths from your arguments and see how you've tryna defend your own from gallivanting cowards.

you should relax your fingers man and have a goodnight rest, all this their rantings will be over in due time.

cheers brosmiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by mr1759: 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2017
Provalker:

history have that ijaws were slaves and nothing will change that. u can not fight does who gave u space to do your fishing and earn a living. my dear the entire ijaw population Isis not up to one local government in Edo
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2017
You are a real joker. I can't keep telling you the same thing while you keep repeating your original response.
Stop claiming "yoruba" taught the Edo how to make Edo bronzes, the "yoruba"s couldn't even make such for themselves.
The ooni and the alaafin were not powerful, that is why they gave up without a fight. Not that their land were even big anyway.
The real king was Oba Ovonramwen who rightly fought for his kingdom and for all of you.

ObalufonIII:

LMAO, this guy is an olodo sha.

You'll have to read, it will help improve your 'Use of English' and broaden your mind with regards to the greatness of the Yoruba.

First emboldened, to get the description of ancient Yoruba palace decoration, read:

1. (a.) Clapperton, Hugh; Lander, Richard (1829). Journal of a second expedition into the interior of Africa, from the Bight of Benin to Soccatoo.

(b.) The Journal of Richard Lander from Kano to the Sea-Coast Partly by a More Easterly Route.

2. Frobenius, Leo; The Voice of Africa: Being an Account of the Travels of the German Inner African Exploration Expedition in the Years 1910-1912

Second emboldened:

1. Blier, Susan P; Art and Risk in Ancient Yoruba: Ife History, Power and Identity C. 1300.

There's your answer. Except you can read, there isn't any other way I can be of help to you. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by mr1759: 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
Provalker:

history have that ijaws were slaves and nothing will change that. u can not fight does who gave u space to do your fishing and earn a living. my dear the entire ijaw population is not up to one local government in Edo. that water u ppl claim to be your home will be polluted and uninhabitable for you stupid ppl

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

The Best Of Patience Jonathan Speeches 2011 / China Plans To Scam Nigeria - Max Amuchie / Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.