Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) (29568 Views)

FTS 2020 MOD Apk+OBB+Data with January Transfer, Real face & Kits (Screenshots) / Whatsapp’s Next Update Could Cause Some Very Embarrassing Situations For Sexters / Google Chrome’s Next Update Will Finally Block Autoplay Videos That Have Sound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by InternetGenius(m): 9:46am On Nov 20, 2017
Those who use Telegram app would be familiar with this feature called "Admin Super Powers." WhatsApp has brought a lot of features recently and another most wanted feature is coming soon.

These are the functions of the Admin Super Power:

The Power: The feature will allow the main administrator to have control over other admins. WhtatsApp will prevent the group creator from deleted by other administrators.

Subject Modifications: Most-wanted, administrators will be able to choose if participants or other admins will be able to modify the group's description, icon, and subjects. Once enable that only admin can edit the subject, icon and description, a notification would appear notifying that only admins are eligible to change the settings.

Restrictions in Groups: This feature will allow admin to disable the chat. That means, users will only read messages but won't be able to send group text messages, images, videos, GIfs, documents, voice messages or even starting a new live location. Meanwhile, while the group chat is disabled, a message will appear telling that "only admin can send messages in this group." The settings of this feature can only be altered after 72 hours.

However, the feature roll out date has no specific time frame but was reported to come out around 2018.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by hoesaintloyal(m): 10:02am On Nov 20, 2017
Looking forward to that..

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 20, 2017
Copy copy app.why didn't they increase the group size?

31 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by jericco1(m): 11:22am On Nov 20, 2017
hmm what's WhatsApp turning into

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by supervillain52(m): 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
No time wey pple no go move to telegram.with dis whatsapp update every 10 second.
too many cooks dey spoil soup except yoruba ceremony

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by Sunkyphil(m): 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
nice one i bet the update will roll out on gbwhatsapp by next month

16 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by GoodiOG(m): 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2017
Supa Pawa Indeed grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2017
jericco1:
hmm what's WhatsApp turning into

The only intelligent question so far on this thread.
Zukerberg wants to gradually turn Whatsapp into a social media site. I will soon dump it for Telegram

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 20, 2017
Copycats,telegram had admin tools and also increased group members to 30k per group.
Whatsapp still manages 256 with crappy features.

I don't care about popularity,I prefer telegram

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by eleojo23: 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
Just like Nairaland supermods...

Whatsapp be encouraging dictatorship instead of democracy grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by ivolt: 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

The only intelligent question so far on this thread.
Zukerberg wants to gradually turn Whatsapp into a social media site. I will soon dump it for Telegram

Whatsapp intends to roll out a Telegram feature that you supposedly hate
and your reaction is to embrace Telegram which already have the feature.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by mhisterdreezy(m): 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
whaatsap is nonsense
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by Jethrolite(m): 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
Whatsapp is so behind telegram.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
Gud 4 whatsapp users for all of una beefing after shouting una go continue using whatsapp so quit d wailing and be anticipating the latest update grin

8 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2017
ivolt:

Whatsapp intends to roll out a Telegram feature that you supposedly hate
and your reaction is to embrace Telegram which already have the feature.
Telegram doesn't have that exact feature.
The admins can restrict people from uploading media,sending stickers and other stuff,there is no such thing as admins communicating alone in the group

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by ivolt: 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

Telegram doesn't have that exact feature.
The admins can restrict people from uploading media,sending stickers and other stuff,there is no such thing as admins communicating alone in the group

Well, I see no problem with that since group membership is voluntary and
members can withdraw if they don't like their admins behaviour.

I believe an admin should have as much power as possible and tech companies
have no business dictating what a group admin should or should not do.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by Olalekanbanky1(m): 7:05pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sunkyphil:
nice one i bet the update will roll out on gbwhatsapp by next month

Next month is too far bro. I trust GB to roll it out by next week

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2017
I love this new feature!

A short story on how a course mate of mine (an admin) kicked other admin(s) out of our department whatsApp group. Dude has had enough of constant adding of mates who constitute nuisance on the group which is meant to update us with news and information on our field . He became the admin super power

Formally, the group was littered with jokes, fight, rants and others. But now, every news on the group is strictly education because dude will kick you out if he finds you wanting. Dude has a yellow card for first and second warning before he finally book you with a red card. You know what that means.
U go beg tire before he re add to the group in fact you go sign MoU before he does that cheesy grin

Mordecai is a crazy guy I swear! grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by DhimxyMaxwell(m): 10:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
Dem just dey copy telegram yeye people

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by LEAD1(m): 10:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
Should be great! But they should increase the number of persons in group.
InternetGenius:
more
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
Thank you Mark Zuckerberg, with this new feature, my time to shine has finally come.

Every WhatsApp group I have opened or managed as an admin have always seen the admin role hijacked from me by some riff raffs.

With this new super admin feature, I can easily yank out any idiot unfortunate to question my authority or any goat planning a Mugabe-sque coup against me in my group! angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by designer01(m): 8:37am On Nov 21, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Copy copy app.why didn't they increase the group size?
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by flyca: 8:38am On Nov 21, 2017
Whatsapp keeps copying other App features especially Wechat. This is the main reason he married from China!

Zuckerberg has business sense but an artifical sense of creativity because the copies other Apps.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by asawanathegreat(m): 8:39am On Nov 21, 2017
Ok we hear una
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by jaheymezz(m): 8:39am On Nov 21, 2017
Zuckerberg na yahoo boy Walahi

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by oswaggiee(m): 8:39am On Nov 21, 2017
I am not understanding sef....of all the features, this is the best they can do?

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) by TheEmerald(m): 8:39am On Nov 21, 2017
I forsee a future where being an admin of popular whatsapp groups would become a lucrative post.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blackberry To Stop Production Of Phones / Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul / Blackberry 'mercury' To Be Released On February 25th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.