Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,422 members, 7,781,229 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:58 AM

Village Enemies REMOTE Cyber Attack On Cars Made After 2005 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Village Enemies REMOTE Cyber Attack On Cars Made After 2005 (1181 Views)

Honda Cars Made The USA 2022 Best Cars, No Toyota Cars / Are These The Worst Paint Jobs Ever Done On Cars? / The 10 Wonders Nigerian Khaz Custom Did On Cars With Wraps (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Village Enemies REMOTE Cyber Attack On Cars Made After 2005 by Jakumo(m): 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2017
As a devoutly and rabidly superstitious African bushman, I am always on the lookout for signs that my village enemies might be deviously arming up for spiritual or "traditional" attacks against me, launched with deadly precision from many time-zones away.

If I forget to make my monthly car payment, and the Repossession Crew shows up with a tow truck - na Village Enemies I go blame.

If I misplace the speeding ticket issued to me weeks ago, and later get hauled into jail for Failure to Appear - I go know say na Dem-dem.

Now, my Village Enemies have a new weapon at their disposal, to further their relentless attacks, even as I try to flee to parts unknown.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/terrorist-criminal-hackers-kill-millions-remotely-accessing-cars-101914683.html

Joking aside, the above news story should be a cause of grave concern to everyone that drives a car, particularly if that car was manufactured AFTER the year 2005, since it is those newer cars that are inherently vulnerable to remote cyber attacks that would remove some, or ALL control of the vehicle, from the hands of the person occupying the driver's seat.

So, if you are not the superstitious type, and therefore harbor no fear of surprise voodoo attacks launched by your village enemies, at the very least consider developing a passion for older cars, of which, without question, the 1985 to year 2000 era Mercedes V8 saloons, coupes and roadsters shine even brighter today, as do diamonds in the rough, ageing gracefully while cruising deceptively fast, and, best of all, fundamentally IMMUNE to any form of remote vehicular control, attempted by tech-savvy hackers, or by Village Enemies, who will no doubt seek to move and evolve with the times, in this ongoing cyber arms race.

Re: Village Enemies REMOTE Cyber Attack On Cars Made After 2005 by Flaghouse1: 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
Jakumo:
As a devoutly and rabidly superstitious African bushman, I am always on the lookout for signs that my village enemies might be deviously arming up for spiritual or "traditional" attacks against me, launched with deadly precision from many time-zones away.

If I forget to make my monthly car payment, and the Repossession Crew shows up with a tow truck - na Village Enemies I go blame.

If I misplace the speeding ticket issued to me weeks ago, and later get hauled into jail for Failure to Appear - I go know say na Dem-dem.

Now, my Village Enemies have a new weapon at their disposal, to further their relentless attacks, even as I try to flee to parts unknown.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/terrorist-criminal-hackers-kill-millions-remotely-accessing-cars-101914683.html

Joking aside, the above news story should be a cause of grave concern to everyone that drives a car, particularly if that car was manufactured AFTER the year 2005, since it is those newer cars that are inherently vulnerable to remote cyber attacks that would remove some, or ALL control of the vehicle, from the hands of the person occupying the driver's seat.

So, if you are not the superstitious type, and therefore harbor no fear of surprise voodoo attacks launched by your village enemies, at the very least consider developing a passion for older cars, of which, without question, the 1985 to year 2000 era Mercedes V8 saloons, coupes and roadsters shine even brighter today, as do diamonds in the rough, ageing gracefully while cruising deceptively fast, and, best of all, fundamentally IMMUNE to any form of remote vehicular control, attempted by tech-savvy hackers, or by Village Enemies, who will no doubt seek to move and evolve with the times, in this ongoing cyber arms race.

I completely agree with you, personally I prefer car models within the year range of 1995-2008, to me these cars are easy to maintain,no too much electricals/electronics (Bluetooth, wifi, and infra red. Technologies to contend with ) smooth drive in terms of suspension -manual repairs just remove and fix with clean tokunbo unlike the new model equipped with sophisticated suspension (ballast ,ballon suspension,electrical hydraulic mechanism )

These range of cars are vintage assets that old gracefully with envy of those that appreciate them,a very good example is clean JAGUAR VAN DE PLAIS 1990-2003 models
Re: Village Enemies REMOTE Cyber Attack On Cars Made After 2005 by Jakumo(m): 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2017
One can only hope that the bad guys aren't already working towards a mass hack of cars made after 2005, now that Yahoo news has covered this topic again. Such a scenario, should it occur on a 10-lane freeway during rush hour, for example, evokes scenes that mere years ago would have been considered far-fetched, even by the yardstick of science fiction movie plot-lines.

Yes sir, there is a lot to be said about the cars that rolled off assembly lines in Germany and the UK, during the 1980s and 1990s, that fleeting window of time that preceded all today's component-level, remote vehicular connectivity, yet was a golden era during which automotive engineers held sway over corporate bean-counters, with a free hand to design and produce several families of European automotive masterpieces, examples of which will easily stand the test of time, with regular maintenance.

Re: Village Enemies REMOTE Cyber Attack On Cars Made After 2005 by Jakumo(m): 10:38am On Nov 22, 2017
Diariz God o.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

please help urgent engine oil light / This Is Not A Car From Sci-fi Movies, This Is The Vision EQ Silver Arrow 2018 / Why Your Car Key Is Stuck In The Ignition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.