Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

How I Went From 70k Salary To 150k Within 6 Months Without Connections. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Went From 70k Salary To 150k Within 6 Months Without Connections. (1238 Views)

Which Business Can I Do Online That Will Increase ₦150k To ₦500k Within 6 Months / The Factory Worker Who Went From ₦220k To ₦35k/month / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Went From 70k Salary To 150k Within 6 Months Without Connections. by Fela40: 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
This isn't a hoax. I am not here to sing my own praises. I will be frank as possible. Can you paint the picture of those young boys who left home and ended up in Lagos without any plans for survival? (I am not asking you to take such risk) That was me about 9 months ago.

Searching for jobs through the streets of Lagos and working in building sites just to feed a day opened my eyes to the reality on the ground. I already shared my testimony of my "Grass to Grace" story (Which many people felt twas a lie), but I am not giving up.

After I discovered that self-development (Certifications) was one of the ways to climb to the top in Nigeria, I wasn't looking back on acquiring any possible one out there. My friends always called me wired, but look at me now.

6 Months ago I was employed by a firm that took me off the streets and placed me on a cool salary. I appreciate them a lot and I wish them well.

Just on Thursday, I got an Email that made me resume at my new workplace today and guess what, I am actually leading my unit smiley.

When I saw the salary level, I didn't know whether to smile or to cry.

I am the new Brand and communications manager of a firm in Lagos state. I was hired because I had knowledge of Web Designing and extensive knowledge of Digital Marketing (so I heard).

Who said God isn't good? Thanks to all those who introduced me to ICT. and Thanks to all the meaningful thread on Nairaland.

God bless us all. Abeg follow me dance ooo cheesy

cc lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: How I Went From 70k Salary To 150k Within 6 Months Without Connections. by Thimmoh(m): 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
ftc
Re: How I Went From 70k Salary To 150k Within 6 Months Without Connections. by stinjoe9: 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
God is great.
Re: How I Went From 70k Salary To 150k Within 6 Months Without Connections. by iihtlagos: 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
nice...

IIHT Technologies

When we tell them about the potentials that abound for digital marketers, they think we are bluffing. I have seen unemployed people get a job as fast as possible by just learning Digital Marketing.

A lot of youths will claim that 20k is too much for a professional training, but they are thinking of buying a liability (phone) of 50k this black Friday. The question is WHY? angry

Are you interested in securing your future or showing off expensive phones? In the spirit of Black Friday, IIHT is offering a Digital Marketing Traning on the 25th of Nov (This week).

10 slots only. Click on my signature for further details.

3 Likes

Re: How I Went From 70k Salary To 150k Within 6 Months Without Connections. by nittroboy(m): 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2017
smiley
Re: How I Went From 70k Salary To 150k Within 6 Months Without Connections. by AntiWailer: 3:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
Congrats.

but u got a mail on thursday and resumed today.

That is not a good way to leave those who believe in you when u had no skill. I hope you will maintain a good relationship with them.

1 Like

Re: How I Went From 70k Salary To 150k Within 6 Months Without Connections. by Fela40: 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2017
AntiWailer:
Congrats.

but u got a mail on thursday and resumed today.

That is not a good way to leave those who believe in you when u had no skill. I hope you will maintain a good relationship with them.

I had. I already sent a notice across and it was approved. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Went From 70k Salary To 150k Within 6 Months Without Connections. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2017
Congrats OP. Yes there are no jobs in this country, but when you walk the streets you might be surprised at the offers that will come your way. Provided you are convincing enough you have something creative to offer and not just your school certificate. Such jobs are comforters and a good way to start life.

I have gotten two jobs by simply walking about from one office to the other asking for openings and dropping my CV where accepted without knowing any person. Doing this, I found that Security men at the gates are one of the most powerful people in an organisation for an outsider. In my current job, I was quickly turned down by the Security man when I stated my purpose. But being someone who has been involved in Sales and Marketing for a couple of months, I pressed on and he bulged and even told me who to meet. The rest today is me earning a better salary than where I was coming from even with better conditions of work and of course a different role.

To me, it all comes down to God's grace and Favour. But One has to make some effort for ones luck to shine.
Congrats OP.

3 Likes

Re: How I Went From 70k Salary To 150k Within 6 Months Without Connections. by Fela40: 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2017
stinjoe9:
God is great.

Thanks.
Re: How I Went From 70k Salary To 150k Within 6 Months Without Connections. by Fela40: 4:10pm On Nov 20, 2017
Bubewilson:
Congrats OP. Yes there are no jobs in this country, but when you walk the streets you might be surprised at the offers that will come your way. Provided you are convincing enough you have something creative to offer and not just your school certificate. Such jobs are comforters and a good way to start life.

I have gotten two jobs by simply walking about from one office to the other asking for openings and dropping my CV where accepted without knowing any person. Doing this, I found that Security men at the gates are one of the most powerful people in an organisation for an outsider. In my current job, I was quickly turned down by the Security man. But being someone who have been involved in Sales and Marketing for a couple of months, I pressed on and he bulged and even told me who to meet. The rest is me earning a better salary than where I was coming from even with better conditions of work.

To me, it all comes down to God's grace and Favour. But One has to make some effort for ones luck to shine.
Congrats OP.

Thank God you can testify.

To those who sit with their computers all day shouting "There are no jobs", just know you are deceiving yourself.

There are jobs, but it is for those with skills.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Went From 70k Salary To 150k Within 6 Months Without Connections. by yorex2011: 4:53pm On Nov 20, 2017
For me the key is value... You don't even need certifications to have value... Constant learning and development, including volunteering, can make your worth skyrocket.

Its more about what you can do than the amount of papers you have...

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

All The Stuff You Can Rent Out To Earn Extra Cash / Cfot (certified Fiber Optics Technician) Certification. Dumps Needed. / Extra Curricular Skills? What Are They?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.