Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? (4198 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? / If You Are The President Of Nigeria, What Will You Do Differently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by 9jaangel(f): 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2005
If You are Made the Head of State Come 2007, What Would You Want to Change or Do?

My brother man and my sister woman, u all know that 2007 is at hand,if u were opportuned to be the hhead of state,what and what would you want to put in place?
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by seeni4ever(m): 5:25pm On Dec 24, 2005
i will first put you in jail for calling me debt accumulator
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2005
first of all destroy all the shrines in Nigeria. Arrest every native doctors and send all those who claim to be witches to mental hospitals. pay the debt, make universities better places and try to limit corruption.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by maude: 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2005
what will you do?
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by CrazyMan(m): 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2006
Hi everyone,
I've noticed that most Nigerians are condeming or can i say "have condemed" the Obasanjo administration because of the present state of the Nation.
Question is, if you are in his shoes, what would you do for this country Nigeria?
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by naija4life(f): 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2006
This is the simplest JAMB question i've ever answered, Simply put, i'll continue where he left behind(EFCC, Corruption, Embezzlement, Witch-hunting, etc), grin cheesy wink shocked embarassed undecided lipsrsealed
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Amobi1(m): 10:22pm On Oct 17, 2006
i will find mesome nice Calabar girls b/c i love having sex.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by waleleader(m): 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2006
This is an issue ive been discussing with my folks for days now, i was even thinking of starting this thread.

well,what ill do? im gonna do so much that y'all are gonna hate me and probably impeach me

the main problem with Nigeria is lawlessness. I will empower the police, wipe out the bad eggs from within them and wipe out lawlessness in the entire country.
im gonna make sure that you can contact the police and emergency services by simply dialling 999 and get a proffesional response. i will then make sure that all civil servants, teachers and lecturers get to work at 8:00 am on the dot. if ure more than 5 minutes late, you get queried or probably get fired.i will increase thier pay but they must account for every minute they are paid for by using Clock in machines.

i will invite british/ american companies like Walmart and Tesco to build agricultural plantations and open mega stores where people can buy cheap food. they'll employ people in thier farms and stores and get Nigerians working.

all students in over 16 must take up part-time jobs, they'll be so busy that they wont have time for cultism.

No offence to anyone but Nigerians are LAZY and non-challant, i was the same when i was in Nigeria. How many Nigerians wake up at 7am talk less of starting work at 4 am in the morning. Everyone must work and pay taxes, that way we can raise money to build infra-structural facilities.

i will beckon on Nigerians in the Diaspora to come home and help manage main positions of power because they are used to hardwork and dilligence here in the west. EFCC will work with the police, anyone found Guilty of corruption will get 20 years jail term.

believe me, in 4 years, Nigeria will change
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by waleleader(m): 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2006
in continuation,

i will have foriegn auditors who will be monitoring politicians on a constant basis, will make sure that every penny generated from the sale of crude oil is accounted for.

Then to face the environment, Lagos Nigeria is my favourite city in the world but also the dirtiest i know.
we will have sanitation exercises every saturday of every week, sanitation officers will maintain clean streets, highways and all public places.The police will so be in control that you will not dare to drop rubbish anywhere except the bin. All Nigerians will be on a national database through the National ID card, if u disobey any rule, u will pay for it dearly.

Private initiatives will take on more of the goivernment agencies like Nepa, electricity must not blink! and water must never stop running. Hospital will be run by trusts and private initiatives.

i will make sure that our system works perfectly. i will provide a free-phone service where you can report police/government official that request for bribe and they will be fired if found guilty.

All forms of money wasting ceremonies will be stopped. i will build houses whereby people will be able to buy on mortgage and pay over a given period.

Our education system will improve by force, all graduates must learn about entreprenuership and how they could create opportunities for themselves rather than wait for the government.

i will be high- handed but that is what Nigeria needs. Have u heard about Tunde Idiagbon? it was only during his days that Nigeria recorded success in the area of national discipline, i will be harsher than he ever was.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by dennylove(m): 11:48pm On Oct 17, 2006
as a president of my nation,listen to citizens plights n ideals.let them be alot of FOODS, so that even a poor man can afford three meals a day,even if there's no too much money. free education for all,transfoming lives,pay salary to the elders above 80 years.a lot of thing i will do,just like the governor of CROSS RIVERSTATE did,DONALD DUKE.i just wish OBJ should give him the president.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Ka: 12:28am On Oct 18, 2006
Hm, what will I do?

Well, as you know, a nation's greatest resource is its people.

So if I am made president in 2007, I will endeavour to maximise the use of this valuable resource!

First of all, I will make it mandatory that everyone should have their head shaved at 4 month intervals. The idea is that after 4 months, enough hair will have grown to make clothing fibre (just like sheep are shaved for sheep's wool). I will ensure that we become the leading exporter of 'Naija Faiba' and thus make lots of money which I shall personally manage on behalf of my compatriots.

As we all know, there are a lot of wars going on in the underdeveloped parts of the world, and lots of crime going on in the developed parts. What do both parts of the world need? BLOOD! Lots of BLOOD! So my second measure will be to make it mandatory that every Nigerian should donate at least one litre of their blood every 4 months. This high quality blood (which has been fortified with ewedu and ugwu iron) will be exported to the areas mentioned above, and I shall again personally manage the accruing revenue.

Lastly, I shall pursue my drive to maximise the potential of my fellow citizens by mandating them to give up their spare kidney (which science tells us isn't used, anyway). The harvested kidneys shall be exported to the developed nations where people who have wrecked their kidneys through too much good living can have them replaced. But I will not stop there in my bid to ensure that Nigeria is the World Center for Kidney Harvesting. I shall comission research into growing three, four or even six kidneys per person so that our dominance will never be threatened.

And of course, the revenues shall be properly managed by U NO HU. . .
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by shango(m): 3:28am On Oct 18, 2006
Remove Islam from the North. That is about half of where the problems stem from in Nigeria, once that is done we can get into bussiness of BUILDING a real nation.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by waleleader(m): 9:17am On Oct 18, 2006
@topic, i was hoping nairalanders would take this topic more seriously instead of contributing silly and myopic points. i know none of us could become president in 2007, but Someone somewhere might read this thread and could pass it on to the authorities. I believe Nairaland has been quoted in National dailies in the past.

@shango, what Northerners need is education, u cannot take a man's religion from him. My humble self for example will rather die than give up Christianity
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Radiant(f): 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2006
The first thing I'll do is, build walk- in health centers in every corner of Nigeria and also Big hospitals and equip them.

This has been my dream ever since smiley
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by shinystar(m): 5:51pm On Oct 18, 2006
Thanks for this thread. This will at least give many critics the opportunity to tell us what they would do differently.

For me, I will go on a all-out against corruption that virus that has eaten deep into our national fabric. If that is eliminated, I have always believed Nigeria will work again.

Then, I want to invest heavily on education. Real wealth comes from investment in human development. Nigeria has more human than natural resources.If we only tap into it, this nation will become an heaven on earth.

Then, i will want at changing our grossly vandalised value system that dwells more on materalism and not character. If these are fixed, I will be too glad to hand over after a term.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Radiant(f): 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2006
Fighting against corruption in Nigeria now is like grasping for the wind. The damage is almost beyond repair.

I'll support you guys tho' .
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Kajiang02(m): 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2006
walelead:

in continuation,

i will have foriegn auditors who will be monitoring politicians on a constant basis, will make sure that every penny generated from the sale of crude oil is accounted for.

Then to face the environment, Lagos Nigeria is my favourite city in the world but also the dirtiest i know.
we will have sanitation exercises every saturday of every week, sanitation officers will maintain clean streets, highways and all public places.The police will so be in control that you will not dare to drop rubbish anywhere except the bin. All Nigerians will be on a national database through the National ID card, if u disobey any rule, u will pay for it dearly.

Private initiatives will take on more of the goivernment agencies like Nepa, electricity must not blink! and water must never stop running. Hospital will be run by trusts and private initiatives.

i will make sure that our system works perfectly. i will provide a free-phone service where you can report police/government official that request for bribe and they will be fired if found guilty.

All forms of money wasting ceremonies will be stopped. i will build houses whereby people will be able to buy on mortgage and pay over a given period.

Our education system will improve by force, all graduates must learn about entreprenuership and how they could create opportunities for themselves rather than wait for the government.

i will be high- handed but that is what Nigeria needs. Have u heard about Tunde Idiagbon? it was only during his days that Nigeria recorded success in the area of national discipline, i will be harsher than he ever was.

walelead:

This is an issue ive been discussing with my folks for days now, i was even thinking of starting this thread.

well,what ill do? im going to do so much that y'all are going to hate me and probably impeach me

the main problem with Nigeria is lawlessness. I will empower the police, wipe out the bad eggs from within them and wipe out lawlessness in the entire country.
im going to make sure that you can contact the police and emergency services by simply dialling 999 and get a proffesional response. i will then make sure that all civil servants, teachers and lecturers get to work at 8:00 am on the dot. if ure more than 5 minutes late, you get queried or probably get fired.i will increase their pay but they must account for every minute they are paid for by using Clock in machines.

i will invite british/ american companies like Walmart and Tesco to build agricultural plantations and open mega stores where people can buy cheap food. they'll employ people in their farms and stores and get Nigerians working.

all students in over 16 must take up part-time jobs, they'll be so busy that they wont have time for cultism.

No offence to anyone but Nigerians are LAZY and non-challant, i was the same when i was in Nigeria. How many Nigerians wake up at 7am talk less of starting work at 4 am in the morning. Everyone must work and pay taxes, that way we can raise money to build infra-structural facilities.

i will beckon on Nigerians in the Diaspora to come home and help manage main positions of power because they are used to hardwork and dilligence here in the west. EFCC will work with the police, anyone found Guilty of corruption will get 20 years jail term.

believe me, in 4 years, Nigeria will change

I 2nd ur motion bro
I wish me country would b very stable afta al dis is don.
Hope say no b cajolin
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by jaybaby(f): 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2006
Hmmmm wat will i do ?

I ll put All my people in High Places

yes datz wat i ll do
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by popsonj(m): 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2006
If i was the president, what would i do to prepare for 2007? , Hmmn, that's a great task but i think i can cope favourably. but ain gat answer to that question, if i was, i would have known what to do, lol!!!!!!!!!!
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Bhola(f): 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2006
If I become the president of Nigeria, I will do the following:

a) Any account with more than 300 million in it, will be locked. A panel will be set up for the individual with the account to clear themselves. Because as far as I am concerned, peeps with that much money stole it.
- those that can not justify how they made the money, will be sent to work on a farm and the money will be used to build roads.

b) The food produced by these thieves will be sold at very cheap price, if not given out sef.

c) There will exist classes in the country, not just the poor and the rich.

d) The basic things in life, food, shelter and clothing, will be available for all. Apartments will be built and sold or rented out, on a monthly basis, not someone asking for three years payment at once.

The list goes on and on, but these are the things I will take care of first. Oh, before I freeze all accounts, I will make sure there is no way for anyone to leave the country, if it means getting Navy Seals, I will.

Thanks.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Freestyl(m): 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2006
I can never be the president of Nigeria cos i dont want to die young. lol
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Mystique(f): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2006
First of all, i will make all my Towns peope special advisers,

Then i'll raise funds for a presidential museum,

Invite the richest man in the world to my village,

And THEN, buy off ALL the oil refineries in the country!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by hooplarr(m): 8:28pm On Oct 19, 2006
This question is a serious one and it hurts me with regrets that my fellow nairalanders are passing snide comments about it.

Nigeria as a whole is ours. Hence whichever avenue we have to discuss constructively shouldn't be handled with kid glove.

If I'm the president of Nigeria, I'll gather all the dishonourable men presently holding sway and bind them in dungeons and cells depending on their degree of misconduct.

I will recruit young minds with qualities devoid of 'chair pelting' and 'amassing of billions' and have every Nigerian benefit from the abundant resources of our land

I will ensure the complete annihilation of Touts(Agbero), Political Godfathers and Political prostitutes and ensure probity and accountability.

But wishful thinking i dare say. If only we can have a Jerry Rawlings of Nigeria,
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by deb(m): 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2006
When NFA's (No Future Ambition) people make comment,
its so easy to recognize them.
They are not passionate about their own country and if given the opportunity
to LEAD the people they will RULE instead.

Infact they will do worst things than the so called existing "leaders" that we have.

Walelead, you are a great guy. what more can I say. You have said alot.

Let me just add that I will get every Nigerian at least 90% educated
So at least every one will be informed about what is happening and
will not be pushed around by the likes of Mr Maradona because of ignorance.

There's also a need for the renewal of the mind in Nigeria.
Thats because you hear some so called educated people make comments
about their own nation and you begin to wonder if they ever graduated from the university
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by waleleader(m): 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2006
@ deb and Hooplarr, I appreciate you taking time to comment on this topic

I have been thinking again and a new question arises.

Probably, none of us commenting on this topic will become president come 2007, so what can I do NOW to help improve my country?

I personally believe in extremely simple commercial ideas. I cannot wipe out corruption on my own, neither can i eliminate poverty. But i could help by doing something like starting a Wal-Mart in Nigeria. its as simple as buying food in wholesale quantities and retailing it to people at cheaper prices.

i will feed a few, employ a few, still make profit and contribute towards industrialization which is one major thing we lack. Maybe not today, but tommorow is never too late.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by deb(m): 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2006
My greatest passion is to encourage enterprenuership in Nigeria
and reduce the rate of unemployement.

The bedrock of most developed nations like US are SME's

I already started a partnership business in the Info Tech industry with two people, we are in
our 4th year and I believe the business will grow one day to employ thousands of people.

I hope to build many more businesses to help Nigerians.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Tonaai(m): 6:26pm On Oct 20, 2006
The topic is a very controversial, crucial and vital one.

If I become the President of NIgeria, I would first go on a month of training [that is if I have not done it before then (that is if the privilege comes suddenly)].
I would learn from leaders that took their nations from third world to first world in less than 50 years.

Then I would take enterpreneurs as my special advisers.

Employ young, dynamic and versatile young men (like wale) to head key positions.

After this is done, you can be rest assured that Nigeria does not have any option but to get better. (Not forgetting that people are our greatest asset, I would employ expatriates to take on our educational sector).

Cheers
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Radiant(f): 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2006
U guys should pls say the ones you can do. grin look how sincere they sound util they get up there lol
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by birdman(m): 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2006
walelead i think you hit the nail on the head. The main thing is lawlessness. If the rule of law can be established firmly, everything will fall into place, with time.

One thing though, trying to effect change via commercial class is not enough, I think. There has to be a "middle-class" participation in the political class, otherwise any attempt at change will be one huge merrygoround.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Ka: 7:49pm On Oct 20, 2006
walelead: Probably, none of us commenting on this topic will become president come 2007. . .

Which is why I gave a facetious answer. When I was younger, I used to expend a lot of energy on this topic - but after a while, I realised that my serious energy was better put to use elsewhere.

. . .so what can I do NOW to help improve my country?
That's a much more relevant question to ask.

I think one thing anyone can do is to encourage anyone they know to try to be as economically independent as possible. Educate them on how to educate themselves so that they can obtain the relevant information they need to be independent.

If Nigerians were more economically independent, they wouldn't be willing tools in the hands of the political elite. They also would have the energy and confidence to challenge the political elite who make such a mess of Nigeria.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by chelsea4su(f): 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2006
if am the president of this country , i will start from where the formal government finishes, ,i will eradicate effcc ,i will appoint lawyers such as gani fawehinmi, femi falana and others as my ministers,i will appoint competent governor to rule over their state, there will be electricity all over nigeria ,no more black out,phcn will be owned by government for more effectiveness, public schools will be better than private schools, there will be 5 minutes prayer every day at a certain time ,i mean prayer to God almighty ,lets say 1 o clock in the afternoon, food will be surplus and cheaper , thieves, armed robbers caught will be dealt with publicly for everyone to see,loans will be given to farmers and low income earners, this is all i can say for now, other kept till further notice
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Aggressa(m): 3:43am On Oct 21, 2006
@Walelead and All,
Well, Walelead, if you become the president in 2007 and you start all those things you wrote, as commendable and sensible as they are, you will not last 2 years in office before you are either impeached consitutionally or not, or even killed. The reason is because you will be building a house without foundation. Nigeria is currently like a house built with no foundation, so it is shaking pretty bad.

However, if I become President in 2007, my main task will be to build a foundation i.e define our very purpose for co-existence politically. A definitive and comprehensive constitution review where all the different ethnic tribes will come and agree on how we will live together in a Nigeria where everybody will 'belong'. This will be a true federalism, with reduction of power at the centre and development of self-sustaining and/or semi-autonomous regional governments with considerable regional control of their resources. After succesfully achieving this, then we can embark on building the nation because we now have a foundation. This is the way forward for us in Nigeria, unfortunately we seem to be avoiding it, hence the unending crisis.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

18+ Only : Have You Seen This Video Of Cossy Orjiakor Getting Fucke*d By A Dog? / List Of Prominent Nigerians Who Have Asked Buhari Not To Seek Re-election / Analysis For The Next Elections In The Northeast. Sincere Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.