Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land (24299 Views)

NGF: Security Agents Must Stop Violation Of Interstate Lockdown / IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property / FG Must Stop Lying About Boko Haram — ICC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by mikolo80: 4:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

My problem is that it is distracting us from facing our own issues. This energy we are using to lay claim to Lagos online can be used to hold our elected officials accountable for their actions. I believe we Igbos are the most industrious tribe in Africa, however, we have to direct our energies towards the right direction.
you think Ibo' or any tribe are interested in holding any governor accountable. Mob psychology no o gree dem. It's human nature to blame others. Even Americans blaming immigrants for their problems.
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by laudate: 2:08am On Jan 23, 2018
meforyou1:
amala and ewedu is not good for your development.

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by laudate: 2:11am On Jan 23, 2018
Ehen....where are all those people complaining that I was contributing on Yoruba-related threads, and Igbo-related threads? shocked Wey una dey, biko? The panadol wey una take to treat una headache, shey e never finish? undecided

Na hypertension una go soon get! In fact, na on top this kind thread I go dey match brake, everyday!! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by IkpuMmadu: 6:50am On Jan 23, 2018
checkedout:
Leave your people let dem keep claiming no-mans land while we keep collecting all the levies before they lay foundation to any building. Come to Ibassa//Ijegun Egba where I am from and say that nonsense of no-mans land.

Ndi Ara plus Ekwensu dem

While we keep making the money and plugging back to east....we pay the tiny levies ...maybe 200 naira and make the whole money....who looses

Lagos is definitely no man's land
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by IkpuMmadu: 6:52am On Jan 23, 2018
GodIsBiafran:
My people lets stop saying this nonsense. Orji Kalu started this rubbish - as a political plow to distract from his abysmal failure in Abia state. If you like say this thing a million times - It does not change the reality that Yorubas run Lagos. Have you lived in Lagos? I lived there for many years, so I know what I am talking about.

We need to stop all this nonsense and concentrate on building and developing the SE. All this time we have been shouting Lagos is no man's land where has it gotten us? Biko lets buy sense! If we concentrate our efforts and divert more of our resources back home, with 2 decades the SE will become the envy of not just other regions but of the entire African continent.

Mods, Please take this to front page so I can have this discussion with my brothers and sisters. Thank you.

Apart from Lagos which was developed by the whole Nigeria....can you name one Yoruba state or city that is better than Igbo land even though they didn't fight way

Pls name just one city in Yoruba a land ...I will take you serious.....when we have used all our resources to develop Lagos oil money from niger Delta and east you come talk say na Yoruba land

Na lie
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by EponOjuku: 7:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
EponOjuku:
On the contrary, I don't want Igbos to stop calling Lagos no-man's Land and I'll state my reasons.

Yorubas welcomed Igbos with an open hand and returned their abandoned properties after the war. Meanwhile, Igboid groups in present-day Rivers and Bayelsa states refused to return confiscated Igbo properties.

Nigerians from all ethnicities come to Lagos, live, trade, work, build and retire here. However, Igbos ignored the landowners and contributions of everyone and are selfishly but are foolishly claiming they developed Lagos.

The problem some Igbos have is that they have short memories. They've forgotten that as at when the Portuguese landed in Lagos, they had not yet finished trekking from Isreal or wherever they were downloaded from.

Yoruba are very welcoming and accommodating but won't tolerate nonsense. When these Igbos started this noise, we warned the liberal Yorubas but they said we were paranoid. Now, a lot of Yorubas are seeing the hate and bitterness that Igbos wish upon us and are now waking up.

During the last LG elections, all LG seats in Festac, Ojo Alaba, Amuwo and other areas with large Igbo population were collected and are firmly in the hand of Yorubas. In 2019, we're collecting our seats from those Igbos representatives and HOA members.

The environmental sanitation is presently political. When we're through with that, we move to other areas. By the time we ban gala and Fan yogo hawking in Lagos and the economy of a whole Igbo state crumbles cos of that, maybe you'll have sense.

Let Igbos keep calling Lagos No man's land, it serves to wake up the consciousness of liberal Yorubas. Mind you, the quiet Yoruba man is the most dangerous. The revolution would not be televised.

Less than 6 months after I made this post, The Lagos State House of Assembly now observes plenary in Yoruba Language. Also, the Lagos State Government has made Yoruba Language mandatory for admission into Lagos State educational institutions.

In 2006, Unesco made a prediction that the Igbo language is in danger of extinction around 2050. Since Igbos have decided to love lagos more than the owners, they must be forced to learn our language. We are going to help them ensure their language is dead and buried.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Ayorichodua: 10:19pm On Sep 26, 2021
IkpuMmadu:

Apart from Lagos which was developed by the whole Nigeria....can you name one Yoruba state or city that is better than Igbo land even though they didn't fight way

Pls name just one city in Yoruba a land ...I will take you serious.....when we have used all our resources to develop Lagos oil money from niger Delta and east you come talk say na Yoruba land Ogun state igr is more than the whole igbo land all Yoruba lands are urbanized despite more larger than igbo land 3 times �� just rest Yoruba is way aged in development

Na lie

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Edo Assembly: Heavy Gunshot As Gunmen Invade Hotel, Kidnap Oshiomhole (VIDEO) / EndSARS: I Was In My House During Lekki Tollgate Shooting - Governor Sanwo-Olu / Kingsley Moghalu Gives Reason Why He Pulled Out Of PACT After Losing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.