Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Letter To The Jealous Minds, From Anothenigerian - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Letter To The Jealous Minds, From Anothenigerian (441 Views)

Letter To The Extroverts, From Sassynigerian / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian / Letter To The Grudgeful Soul From Anothernigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To The Jealous Minds, From Anothenigerian by MrThisandthat(m): 10:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
Hello Friend, how are you doing at this time of the day? How about life itself, I trust you are living up just as you have always wanted so its safe to say that you are doing “just fine”.

Permit me to introduce this piece to you, it is a letter from me to you which I in turn hope will have a positive impact in your life by the time you are done reading it. Please try as much as you can to stay with me to the end, I can assure you will never regret giving in few minutes of your time to this.
As usual, I rolled a dice today on two different occasions and coincidentally you came up at the top all through. This is a rare situation and the best way I usually translate such is that writing you has now become an obligation.
You may not want to believe it but your type has become so common in our today’s society that if one is not careful enough, he/she might think it is the normal and start living in line with the trend. It has become an issue that once you see your equals an inch ahead of you, the first thing that comes to your mind is “what is he/she doing that I am not doing”. In case you don’t know this is the first step to the endless journey of envy especially if not properly handled. Although you might start to ask yourself that question innocently in the first place, but the more you meet your type that has same question to ask him/herself too it begins to brew. Before you know it anger sets in accompanied by dangerously envious thoughts.
There is no one that woke up to decide he/she wants to be a jealous filled person. It is a gradual process and it only gets worse by the day until you become a complete and well packaged menace in the society.
The truth is we all have our own separate times in life. Mr A’s might be today and Mr B probably in a few days time. The fact that Mr A got there earlier than Mr B does not make him any better, neither does it certify Mr B as a failure. People hardly get to understand this though.
The best I will always say is keep working, keep believing, never stop dreaming. Failures and delays are there for us by default and we can never avoid them in life, they are there to make us understand the value of what we have when we finally get them.
Nobody has ever made it in life by bringing others down, you might be there for a very short period of time until someone just like you comes after you too to bring you down and it keeps going round and round.
As a matter of fact, when people around you start to excel while you’re waiting on your on time it shouldn’t for any reason call for envy, rather it should make you happy and motivated that success is in the neighborhood.
Living life with a free and optimistic mind cannot be over estimated.
I hope I was able to pass across some message to you via this letter.
What I am saying in conclusion is, do not let jealousy FINISH YOU, live up with a free mind, THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX, work hard and watch your story change in no time.

Yours Sincerely,
AnotherNIGERIAN.

For Another Nigerian's Blog

Source: http://anothernigerian.com/2017/11/letter-to-the-jealous-from-anothernigerian.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Letter: To Whom It May Concern / Short Story: Khalid's Mistake (part 2) / Giving Birth To A Story By Jon Doe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.