Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,298 members, 7,780,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:00 PM

"Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr (17392 Views)

AFCON: Wabali Bobo Is Better Than Francis Uzoho,” Gernot Rohr / Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player / Gernot Rohr Releases Eagles' Squad For Nigeria Vs Zambia Match (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by naptu2: 6:49am On Nov 21, 2017
Agali is Eagles’ chief scout for Russia 2018

OKOGBA 
21 NOV 2017

Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr has listed former striker, Victor Agali as his chief scout going to the 2018 FIFA World Cup tournament in Russia.

Rohr who guided the Super Eagles to a highly successful qualification campaign told Nice news outlet Nice-Martin that Agali’s contribution to the campaign was priceless, hence his decision to retain him for the World Cup.

Agali worked with Rohr throughout the qualifiers in the capacity of scouting opposition teams and helping identify Nigerian players abroad.

Agali played under Rohr at French side OGC Nice in the 2004-2005 season, scoring six goals in 30 appearances.

It is understood that Rohr is looking at the possibilities of engaging more ex-internationals to enable him build a formidable team for the country ahead of the World Cup in Russia 2018.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/agali-eagles-chief-scout-russia-2018/amp/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by naptu2: 6:50am On Nov 21, 2017
Victor Agali and Yakubu Aiyegbeni played for Nigeria at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney. They both graduated to the Super Eagles and were instrumental in Nigeria's qualification for the 2002 World Cup in Japan and Korea and the 2002 Nations Cup in Mali.

Victor Agali scored a string of headed goals to become our highest goal scorer in the qualifiers. He scored 2 goals against Sudan, 1 against Liberia and 1 against Ghana in the qualifiers in Port Harcourt.

However Nigeria performed below the expectations of their fans at the Nations Cup in Mali. Agali didn't score any goal. Some blamed him while others blamed Coach Amodu Shuiabu for failing to use the wings to supply crosses for Agali to head in.

The poor performance and players' revolt led to the disbandment of the team. Agali and Aiyegbeni, who had helped Nigeria to qualify for the World Cup, were dropped from the World Cup team.

Agali refused to return to the team after the World Cup, while Aiyegbeni never gave his all to the team again.

Sydney 2000 Olympics. A cross by Yakubu Aiyegbeni and a headed goal by Victor Agali.
Nigeria 3-3 Honduras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Bb12BaHWk

Victor Agali scoring for Nigeria against Australia at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXyVn5JniDo

Nigeria 3-0 Ghana (in Port Harcourt). First goal by Agali (a header) and second and third goals by Tijani Babangida.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia6ExkjRMtk

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by naptu2: 6:50am On Nov 21, 2017
Agali's job is to monitor Super Eagles' opponents (watch their matches, etc) and to find new players for the team.
Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by gabinogem(m): 6:55am On Nov 21, 2017
Lol... Agali the head master cheesy

9 Likes

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by Afriifa(m): 6:55am On Nov 21, 2017
unlike that Fake Oliseh that won nothing and was forming Pep.

58 Likes

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by Dunnievick(m): 7:15am On Nov 21, 2017
wetin konsine me
Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by dumodust(m): 7:16am On Nov 21, 2017
Afriifa:
cheesy cheesy cheesy... real fake guy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by Ayoswit(f): 7:17am On Nov 21, 2017
K
Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by raymytech: 7:17am On Nov 21, 2017
How many goals has Mikel scored in his career..? Yakubu Aiyegbeni self no try, Can't forget the one on one loose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by jeeqaa7(m): 7:17am On Nov 21, 2017
abeg o
Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by Sexlife: 7:19am On Nov 21, 2017
Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by Lordave: 7:20am On Nov 21, 2017
Imagine someone getting dropped after scoring highest goal in qualifying series?

And you say the curse he laid upon the team will ever be broken?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by nnokwa042(m): 7:20am On Nov 21, 2017
Afriifa:
u dey mind that arrogant guy ? I hope he will be ban from coaching any Nigerian national team

13 Likes

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by KnowMore: 7:21am On Nov 21, 2017
Okay
Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by valentee(m): 7:23am On Nov 21, 2017
Ok
Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by DaddyKross: 7:23am On Nov 21, 2017
Lordave:
Imagine someone getting dropped after scoring highest goal in qualifying series?

Later they will swear at Tammy Abraham for not answering the nation's call or whatever bullshit they call it.

If i was a Nigerian and a professional footballer, i would rather choose to play for Madagascar.

4 Likes

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by omoijesa(m): 7:25am On Nov 21, 2017
Victor Agali..... The head master.
Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by olumaxi(m): 7:25am On Nov 21, 2017
Victor agali.......dis guys ar age cheats.......wishin u d best in ur scouting business
Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by GavelSlam: 7:27am On Nov 21, 2017
Why do people hate Oliseh?

Always the FA has issues with coaches even the late Keshi.

They had issues with Amodu Shuaib who lost only one game as manager yet was sacked, all the foreign coaches even up to Westerhorf were at loggerheads with the FA.

Oliseh has gone to the Netherlands now and can be seen to be performing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by Feranchek(m): 7:29am On Nov 21, 2017
Lordave:

Biko na who be that

1 Like

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by petkoffdrake2(m): 7:29am On Nov 21, 2017
Good! smiley
Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by GavelSlam: 7:31am On Nov 21, 2017
DaddyKross:

Later they will swear at Tammy Abraham for not answering the nation's call or whatever bullshit they call it.

If i was a Nigerian and a professional footballer, i would rather choose to play for Madagascar.

Your choice.

We all know Tammy would be dropped from the world cup team except there are massive injuries to strikers - Kane, Vardy, Rashford, Sturridge even Welbeck.

When the time comes we would see Wilson and maybe even Defoe getting on the flight to Russia.

Only then would Tammy realise he was just training material.

19 Likes

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by MrFly(m): 7:32am On Nov 21, 2017
Lordave:

which curse? Romario was droped by scolari in 2002 and Brazil WON THE CUP. Raul was droped in 2008 and spain won the cup.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by victorazyvictor(m): 7:32am On Nov 21, 2017
raymytech:
How many goals has Mikel scored in his career..? Yakubu Aiyegbeni self no try, Can't forget the one on one loose.

That is not one on one, is one on zero because he had no one to dribble but net. I can't forget what the commentator said "is harder to miss that chance than to score it" mean u put more effort to lose it.

4 Likes

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by sainty2k3(m): 7:34am On Nov 21, 2017
Seems this rohr is a good manager. I dont know of his skill as technical director or coach but from my observation he has a good managerial skill

1 Like

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 21, 2017
Use your head like Agali.

1 Like

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by miremoses(m): 7:38am On Nov 21, 2017
I like solanke alot. Wish they asked for him instead of tammy

1 Like

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by DaddyKross: 7:39am On Nov 21, 2017
GavelSlam:

Your choice.

We all know Tammy would be dropped from the world cup team except there are massive injuries to strikers - Kane, Vardy, Rashford, Sturridge even Welbeck.

When the time comes we would see Wilson and maybe even Defoe getting on the flight to Russia.

Only then would Tammy realise he was just training material.

Well, i will prefer being used and dropped by a foreign team to being used by the people i call my own, it's so unforgiving.

1 Like

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by Robisky001(m): 7:46am On Nov 21, 2017
DaddyKross:

Well, i will prefer being used and dropped by a foreign team to being used by the people i call my own, it's so unforgiving.
So even when you are under performing they should still pick him up cause he scored in the qualifiers. It doesn't augur well.

2 Likes

Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by Notatribalist(m): 8:06am On Nov 21, 2017
DaddyKross:

what's your business with Nigeria national team since you're not a Nigerian?
Re: "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr by Phygo(m): 8:10am On Nov 21, 2017
Go Agali
Go Rhor
Go Super Eagle
Go Nigeria

Russia go feel us

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja Booking Code: Meaning, How To Generate It, How To Use It / Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training / Nigeria Vs. Spain: What's Your Prediction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.