Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? (3635 Views)

Ndi Enugu B'anyi Our Poverty Index Is 60%: Return Home / Boko Haram No Longer Attracting Membership – President Buhari / Ndi Anambra B'anyi, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:34am On Nov 21, 2017
Stingman:

You lie....the Aworis and not the Yorubas...Haven't you seen that the Hausa/Fulanis who are bigger group like the Yorubas unlike the small Aworis the true owners of Lagos....have retained the custodianship of the capital as well? How many southerners have been the minister? Yourbas are land grabbers...to convince all of you prowers...develop one Yoruba city to be like Lagos...

The new emerging urban giant in Nigeria in the coming years will be Ogun state. Hundreds to thousands of registered businesses (industries, health centers etc) and probably tens to hundreds of thousands of residents are spilling over from Lagos into Ogun's border towns. Biggest mining state in the country. One of the biggest in agricultural output in the South. Largest concentration of universities. Church campuses etc. Several people that work in Lagos live there and pay their taxes. They are currently 2nd in IGR generated in the country, overtaking even Rivers, and rising still.

Better come and invest in the East and convince other Igbos to do so and stop killing yourself in envy over what is happening elsewhere. We need Igbo sons to invest in Igbo land and stop dragging who "owns" what with other indigenous tribes.

10 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2017
globemoney:

Very useless thread,, I'm disappointed I was taking you seriously.. Your obiano hatred will soon drive you to a ditch. sorry

You're funny. grin Since when does my preference for one candidate in the Anambra elections mean I must "hate" Obiano and everybody else? Where have I expressed this "hatred" for Obiano? Show me..

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by globemoney: 10:37am On Nov 21, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

You're funny. grin Since when does my preference for one candidate in the Anambra elections mean I must "hate" Obiano and everybody else? Where have I expressed this "hatred" for Obiano? Show me..
My thread on this topic is coming up shortly

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:39am On Nov 21, 2017
Lagos isn't Yoruba enclave

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Ojiofor: 10:39am On Nov 21, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

I would ordinarily not single out any group, but to be honest, this is the fact. I'm from Anambra (Oraukwu dad, and Agulu mom) but Anambra people are by far the worst for it. Brash, arrogant and highly boastful. A good number of them here don't do it to just other tribes, but they similarly troll Igbos from other states too.

That is just the reality.Before people use to attribute such behaviour to Omata boys but coming from Obiano it's just very unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by oodualover: 10:47am On Nov 21, 2017
Stingman:

To end your misery...support Kanu...and your pains will end... tongue tongue tongue
Everybody on nairaland knows I support Nigeria disintegation

6 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by gidgiddy: 10:56am On Nov 21, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Who said Fulani herdsmen and Boko Haram fundamentalists are not hated? Those whose lives they destroy certainly hate them. The difference is in reach. Igbos seem to go out of their way simply due to their loud mouths to attract resentment from every group. Even Niger Delta people dislike us. Even Igboid groups like Ikwerres dislike us too. grin That should give you pause to consider why this is so. Yet, many IPOB clowns were dreaming of carrying along the Niger Delta in their secessionist plans: people that dislike you.

Nigerians can't grant Igbos anything. The day Igbos have a true consensus about secession, the Nigerian state will take them seriously. Rallying tens of thousands of jobless miscreants in IPOB rallies is not a secession strategy. It's just noise making.

Are you this much of an ignoramus? You even derailed your own thread to talk nonsense. Im saying that several groups are out there slaughtering people on a daily basis, including Igbos, you are here concerned about what an Igbo man said or didnt say? 40 people were just slauhtered this morning by Boko Haram, which may include Igbos, but your concern is this trash?

Who do you think likes anyone in this country? Have you seen any of the three ethnic groups showing love to each other? Does the Tiv man like the Efik man? This has nothing to do with liking anyone, this has all to do with who you can tolerate. Those who cant tolerate each other, should not be together. If the Hausa or Yoruba man, having studied the Igbo man, cannot tolerate the Igbo man, then everybody should call a spade a spade and admit Lugard made a big mistake bringing us all together. We can all go our separate ways as we were before the British brought this failed idea called 'Nigeria'

But if someone is saying we must remain together but cannot tolerate my attitude as an Igbo man, we shall have a problem. I have never heard or seen a situation where one person will be with someone they neither like nor can toletate and there will be peace, not possible.

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by ofai: 11:03am On Nov 21, 2017
Just as the great Achebe observed, Igbo (anambra particularly) are noisy and loudmouthed. Obiano just proved it.

They love showing off a lot. They are generally arrogant and too money conscious. Obi1kenobi is one of them despite the hypocrisy of this thread.

This however does not mean we don't have humble and levelheaded anambrarians. God bless Chinua Achebe, Cyprian Uzoh, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:33am On Nov 21, 2017
gidgiddy:

Are you this much of an ignoramus? You even derailed your own thread to talk nonsense. Im saying that several groups are out there slaughtering people on a daily basis, including Igbos, you are here concerned about what an Igbo man said or didnt say? 40 people were just slauhtered this morning by Boko Haram, which may include Igbos, but your concern is this trash?

Who do you think likes anyone in this country? Have you seen any of the three ethnic groups showing love to each other? Does the Tiv man like the Efik man? This has nothing to do with liking anyone, this has all to do with who you can tolerate. Those who cant tolerate each other, should not be together. If the Hausa or Yoruba man, having studied the Igbo man, cannot tolerate the Igbo man, then everybody should call a spade a spade and admit Lugard made a big mistake bringing us all together. We can all go our separate ways as we were before the British brought this failed idea called 'Nigeria'

But if someone is saying we must remain together but cannot tolerate my attitude as an Igbo man, we shall have a problem. I have never heard or seen a situation where one person will be with someone they neither like nor can toletate and there will be peace, not possible.

What does Boko Haram have to do with Northerners. You even included Niger Delta militants in your earlier post. What does n militant blowing up pipelines have to do with the perception of Itsekiris or Urhobos or Ijaws? Is your perception of people based on your day-to-day encounters and interactions with them or based on what the worst elements of their society do?

And mind you, one can talk about one thing at a time. My thread is not about anyone else. It's about Igbos. The last thread I commented on before this was on Fulani herdsmen. Your post is as moronic as me posting on a wedding or something banal and you start telling me that many people died in Maidugri or Somalia or Sudan or Yemen or Syria today. What is the relevance of that to what I posted? The thread is about the clowns and their Lagos "ownership" nonsense which only makes those engaging in it seem envious, covetous and bitter and attracts resentment to Igbos. It has nothing to do with Boko Haram. So quit side-tracking the thread with irrelevant waffle.

Again, quit this nonsensical secessionist blackmail. Like I said before, the day Igbos are truly serious about secession, Nigeria will take us seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Danladi7: 12:54pm On Nov 21, 2017
adeolakemi:
what do you concern yourself with how Yoruba's feel or how Igbo do? please as long as those skull miner cum Muslims are heart bittered I'm OK as for the Christians yoruba we know where they belong
Especially Christian yoruba like Obafemi Awolowo,Obasanjo,VP osinbajo,benjamin Adekunle and victor banjo....Confused IPOB terrorist grin

6 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Danladi7: 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

The new emerging urban giant in Nigeria in the coming years will be Ogun state. Hundreds to thousands of registered businesses (industries, health centers etc) and probably tens to hundreds of thousands of residents are spilling over from Lagos into Ogun's border towns. Biggest mining state in the country. One of the biggest in agricultural output in the South. Largest concentration of universities. Church campuses etc. Several people that work in Lagos live there and pay their taxes. They are currently 2nd in IGR generated in the country, overtaking even Rivers, and rising still.

Better come and invest in the East and convince other Igbos to do so and stop killing yourself in envy over what is happening elsewhere. We need Igbo sons to invest in Igbo land and stop dragging who "owns" what with other indigenous tribes.
Nigerian lagos before 1960 was even IBadan city!..why was IITA and University of Ibadan cited in Ibadan and not lagos?......For yorubas to be still parading the largest and 3rd largest city in term of land and populations shows building a city larger than that closed to atlante ocean will be small job!....Yorubas are naturally urban dwellers,that is why we dont call our hometown villages!

Ibadan city and kano city are still the next big thing after lagos in this country!....For their information not all Yoruba land will be like lagos because not all part of UK is like london!

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by ofai: 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
Danladi7:

Especially Christian yoruba like Obafemi Awolowo,Obasanjo,VP osinbajo,benjamin Adekunle and victor banjo....Confused IPOB terrorist grin

I know your brain capacity is below my phones memory card. I don't blame you. She told you the truth and you are here vomiting trash.
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Cjrane2: 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
[s]
Obi1kenobi:
This is a very serious issue. And a very disturbing one. While it has been very funny watching another conflagration erupt over the "no man's land" trolling about Lagos and reading the Yoruba reactions (or overreactions grin), it really does beg questions about this self-destructive, masochistic need for Igbos to attract needless resentment on to themselves. There was Orji Uzor Kalu and his "no man's land" quip some years ago after Fashola deported a few Igbo vagrants to Onitsha which drew an army of similarly loud-mouthed Igbo supporters. There was Obiano's stewpid boast a few days ago about how Anambrarians developed Lagos, which again drew another army of loud-mouthed supporters.

Nigeria's richest man, Dangote, has most of his investments in Lagos and the South West and is planning the biggest investment ever made into Nigeria's economy with a $12billion refinery (with him single-handedly providing a quarter of the equity) in Lagos. Yet, I have yet to see these daily squabbles about who owns Lagos between Hausas and Yorubas. Apart from the fact that this "ownership" adds absolutely nothing to our daily lives whether Lagos is owned by Aworis or Ijebus or Germans or Scandinavians or Chinese people or whoever, it's just a needless provocation. This is why I don't blame Lagos state government officials trying through legislation to preserve the Yoruba character of Lagos by compelling Yoruba teaching in schools and also holding legislative deliberations in Yoruba on some days (they should make it everyday sef). Afterall, Nnamdi Azikiwe who sought to participate in Western Nigerian politics spoke fluent Yoruba.

Sometimes, you have to separate yourself from the herd and ask yourself hard questions. In Chinua Achebe's own words, Nigerians would come to no other common consensus other than their common hatred for the Igbo man. Some Igbos love to claim this is all due to envy, but Yorubas, by any objective opinion the most successful tribe in Nigeria, don't seem to attract this envious hatred as Igbos claim to do. Fulanis, despite the death and destruction they've wrought on many communities all across the country don't even attract the level of resentment Igbos do. If you find yourself the object of resentment from every corner of the country, including Niger Delta groups that should be our natural allies, maybe there is something everyone finds aggravating about the brash, abrasive, uppity, arrogant insolence of Ndigbo.

Humble yourselves. Stop beating your chests all the time about being smarter and richer and better than everyone. Respect your host communities even as you know Igbos are the biggest travelers around the country. Learn to build bridges and alliances and learn diplomacy and tact. This will particular help our attempts to escape the political wilderness we find ourselves in. The obsessive need to rankle everyone serves no purpose.

Now you can call me "afonja". But I've said my peace. smiley
[/s]

trash!

If you are Nigerian Igbo, you would have known first hand the type of unwarranted hatred leveled against Ndigbo.

Nigerians are only interested in how to benefit from Igbos and will deny them any benefit from Nigeria or even acknowledgement for their contribution. So shove your one sided advise and first "advise" Nigerians to accept Igbos as part of this country.
BTW, i know you are an Afonja!
Trying to deny it in your obvious post does not trick anyone one bit.

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by ofai: 1:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
Cjrane2:
[s][/s]

trash!

If you are Nigerian Igbo, you would have known first hand the type of unwarranted hatred leveled against Ndigbo.

Nigerians are only interested in how to benefit from Igbos and will deny them any benefit from Nigeria or even acknowledgement for their contribution. So shove your one sided advise and first "advise" Nigerians to accept Igbos as part of this country.

I agree with you. However, obiano stooped so low to have uttered that statement, maybe because he was drunk in the realization that he won the election. Most anambra socio-political wannabes are like that.
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Zuluhead(m): 1:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
You could be making a point, i can remember discussing about that and it boils that to the fact that their loudness could be attributed to the side effects of the outcome of the biafra war policy of 20pounds which they started with and after 2 decades they are doing good and always bragging about how they doubled their hustle. It's just like someone that traveled oversea for greener pasture and returned btw 6months to 2 yrs. You would see him forming and bragging among his peers. The lousy of the average yahoo boy has nothing to do with tribe.
Obi1kenobi:

I would ordinarily not single out any group, but to be honest, this is the fact. I'm from Anambra (Oraukwu dad, and Agulu mom) but Anambra people are by far the worst for it. Brash, arrogant and highly boastful. A good number of them here don't do it to just other tribes, but they similarly troll Igbos from other states too.
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by ofai: 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2017
Stingman:
"....This is why I don't blame Lagos state government officials trying through legislation to preserve the Yoruba character of Lagos by compelling Yoruba teaching in schools and also holding legislative deliberations in Yoruba..."

OP will you also not blame the FCT minister if Gwari is made compulsory in Abuja?

Lagos has always been distinct from the rest of the Yoruba cities...

...Lagos Colony was a British colonial possession centred on the port of Lagos in what is now southern Nigeria. Lagos was annexed on 6 August 1861 under the threat of force by Commander Beddingfield of HMS Prometheus who was accompanied by the Acting British Consul, William McCoskry. Oba Dosunmu of Lagos (spelled "Docemo" in British documents) resisted the cession for 11 days while facing the threat of violence on Lagos and its people, but capitulated and signed the Lagos Treaty of Cession.[1] Lagos was declared a colony on 5 March 1862.[2] By 1872 Lagos was a cosmopolitan trading center with a population over 60,000.[3] In the aftermath of prolonged wars between the mainland Yoruba states, the colony established a protectorate over most of Yorubaland between 1890 and 1897.[4] The colony and protectorate were incorporated into Southern Nigeria in February 1906, and Lagos became the capital of the protectorate of Nigeria in January 1914.[2] Since then, Lagos has grown to become the largest city in West Africa, with an estimated metropolitan population of over 9,000,000 as of 2011.[5]

Leave Lagos alone and go fight for Ibadan, Abeokuta, Akure, Ado Ekiti, etc...

Thank you jaare. Don't mind the lazy coward.
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Gotze1: 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2017
[s]
Stingman:
"....This is why I don't blame Lagos state government officials trying through legislation to preserve the Yoruba character of Lagos by compelling Yoruba teaching in schools and also holding legislative deliberations in Yoruba..."

OP will you also not blame the FCT minister if Gwari is made compulsory in Abuja?

Lagos has always been distinct from the rest of the Yoruba cities...

...Lagos Colony was a British colonial possession centred on the port of Lagos in what is now southern Nigeria. Lagos was annexed on 6 August 1861 under the threat of force by Commander Beddingfield of HMS Prometheus who was accompanied by the Acting British Consul, William McCoskry. Oba Dosunmu of Lagos (spelled "Docemo" in British documents) resisted the cession for 11 days while facing the threat of violence on Lagos and its people, but capitulated and signed the Lagos Treaty of Cession.[1] Lagos was declared a colony on 5 March 1862.[2] By 1872 Lagos was a cosmopolitan trading center with a population over 60,000.[3] In the aftermath of prolonged wars between the mainland Yoruba states, the colony established a protectorate over most of Yorubaland between 1890 and 1897.[4] The colony and protectorate were incorporated into Southern Nigeria in February 1906, and Lagos became the capital of the protectorate of Nigeria in January 1914.[2] Since then, Lagos has grown to become the largest city in West Africa, with an estimated metropolitan population of over 9,000,000 as of 2011.[5]

Leave Lagos alone and go fight for Ibadan, Abeokuta, Akure, Ado Ekiti, etc...

[/s]Ori e daru. Lagos looks like your papa house. If you are pained the Lagos has been a Yoruba Land from begining of life. Kindly run enter the lovely site below. I say rip in advance bro. That oba dosumu sounds like igwe chukwudi abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
Danladi7:

Nigerian lagos before 1960 was even IBadan city!..why was IITA and University of Ibadan cited in Ibadan and not lagos?......For yorubas to be still parading the largest and 3rd largest city in term of land and populations shows building a city larger than that closed to atlante ocean will be small job!....Yorubas are naturally urban dwellers,that is why we dont call our hometown villages!

Ibadan city and kano city are still the next big thing after lagos in this country!....For their information not all Yoruba land will be like lagos because not all part of UK is like london!

Doesn't matter what it's "called". That's just semantics. There are loads of villages in every corner of the country. grin If anything, the large population density in the tiny landmass in the South East means we have less rural dwellers than other regions. We also farm less than other ethnicities which further makes us lean to urban living.

And regardless of population, Ibadan has never at any time in the 20th century been as developed as Lagos. Doesn't matter if UI was cited there. Harvard and MIT were cited in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Yale was cited in Connecticut. UNN was cited in Nsukka which was basically an agrarian village far from the major urban centres of the East.
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Gotze1: 2:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
[s]
gidgiddy:

Very stupid write up. As you said, Fulani herdsmen slaughter people all over the country, they dont attract that level of hatred

Boko Haram and islamic fundamentalists up North slaughter people, they dont attract that level of hatred

Niger Delta militants go on the rampage destroying Oil installation, they dont attract hatred.

The Igbo man opens his mouth and talks, they this is the worst form of hatred.

Something is wrong with Nigerians. What is wrong with Igbos saying that Lagos is no mans land? If Yorubas like, they can Enugu is no mans land, most Igbos would not care.

Igbos are not in Nigeria to please Yorubas or Hausas and if the other ethnic groups dont like it, they should come together and agree to grant Igbos their separate country. Why would anyone want to be with someone they dont like?

But to be hating on Igbos with one side of the mouth while insisting on one united Nigeria is ridiculous.

Nigerians should learn to take Igbos are they are or grant them their own country. Put up, or shut up.

[/s]Trash

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Gazzy88(m): 2:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
When I wake up every morning and realises nairaland belongs to a Yoruba man and not a flatinostic,I always praise God for his faithfulness.

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2017
Cjrane2:
[s][/s]

trash!

On the contrary, from my experience, a lot of the hate Igbos attract is the hate they bring on themselves. And nobody really denies Igbos anything. Igbos lose out in Nigerian politics because we're politically naive - consistently demonstrating a lack of tact, diplomacy and strategic thought. They expect things to be given to them rather than building the alliances necessary. One day, when you stop crying marginalization, yo u might look at how our most hated foes up North, the Fulanis, who are a minority tribe successfully unite the North behind common goals while Igbos cannot even work with their Niger Delta neighbours. The IPOB stewpidity of the past year has only further set back any plans of conciliation with other groups and I anticipate we'll be in the political wilderness for some time to come.

And I honestly couldn't give the slightest of fuccks whether you think I'm Igbo or not. Your validation is completely worthless to me. grin

6 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by aribisala0(m): 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2017
achi4u:
Anambraians are the most successful Igbo people both in business and other human endeavours but let me tell you why the boast, majority are successful traders who have made more money more than the professors and even the educated ones, tell why such person won't boast?
Most of Anambraians made their money in their home state before travelling to other parts of the world, so they think the world start in Anambra and end in Anambra.
But there still some other successful Igbo business men and women from other sections of Igboland.
They do not boast because they have made money. That is too simplistic .
Are they the only ones who have made money? Are there no Hausas or Yorubas with money?
Many boast who HAVE NO MONEY.
The issue is about the fundamental nature of a people going back to antiquity.They boast because they are crude and crass with little civilization or culture. They boast because deep down there is a profound sense of inadequacy which partially fuels the acquisition of wealth.
We must ask the question what really is the purpose of wealth? Does a man become so wealthy that he develops wings and starts to fly.
The Igbo mind set is that when a man becomes rich he is above those without money and he can if he likes order them to be flogged if they offend him. The Igbo man has no other concept of "Now that I am rich what next?". No sense of community that does not involve massaging his ego. If he engages in charity it is to boost his importance and ego. That is why titles are so important to them.
An Igbo man cannot accept anonymity if he has money. People MUST KNOW HIM

The truth is that money itself is viewed as a tool for oppression. In Igboland money can permit you to silence your elders. The Igbo world view is that when those who have money are talking those without should be silent no matter how old or experienced.

When people say Igbos shoul invest home I laugh. It will not happen because there is no name to be made anymore in Onitsha or Nnewi
It must be Ragos or Abuja

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Gotze1: 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
Cjrane2:
[s][/s]

trash!

Eda
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Yyeske(m): 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
In all honesty, Obiano goofed with that infamous statement and Igbos especially on nairaland should desist from making provocative statements that may incite others as I can see so many IPOB miscreants already doing and boasting about it.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by achi4u(m): 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
aribisala0:

They do not boast because they have made money. That is too simplistic .
Are they the only ones who have made money? Are there no Hausas or Yorubas with money?
Many boast who HAVE NO MONEY.
The issue is about the fundamental nature of a people going back to antiquity.They boast because they are crude and crass with little civilization or culture. They boast because deep down there is a profound sense of inadequacy which partially fuels the acquisition of wealth.
We must ask the question what really is the purpose of wealth? Does a man become so wealthy that he develops wings and starts to fly.
The Igbo mind set is that when a man becomes rich he is above those without money and he can if he likes order them to be flogged if they offend him. The Igbo man has no other concept of "Now that I am rich what next?". No sense of community that does not involve massaging his ego. If he engages in charity it is to boost his importance and ego. That is why titles are so important to them.
An Igbo man cannot accept anonymity if he has money. People MUST KNOW HIM

The truth is that money itself is viewed as a tool for oppression. In Igboland money can permit you to silence your elders. The Igbo world view is that when those who have money are talking those without should be silent no matter how old or experienced.

When people say Igbos shoul invest home I laugh. It will not happen because there is no name to be made anymore in Onitsha or Nnewi
It must be Ragos or Abuja
Not far from the truth.
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Yyeske(m): 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

On the contrary, from my experience, a lot of the hate Igbos attract is the hate they bring on themselves. And nobody really denies Igbos anything. Igbos lose out in Nigerian politics because we're politically naive - consistently demonstrating a lack of tact, diplomacy and strategic thought. They expect things to be given to them rather than building the alliances necessary. One day, when you stop crying marginalization, yo u might look at how our most hated foes up North, the Fulanis, who are a minority tribe successfully unite the North behind common goals while Igbos cannot even work with their Niger Delta neighbours. The IPOB stewpidity of the past year has only further set back any plans of conciliation with other groups and I anticipate we'll be in the political wilderness for some time to come.

And I honestly couldn't give the slightest of fuccks whether you think I'm Igbo or not. Your validation is completely worthless to me. grin
You're said it all with this post, Igbos are still politically naïve especially at the federal level and that's why they end up committing political suicide every time

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Danladi7: 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Doesn't matter what it's "called". That's just semantics. There are loads of villages in every corner of the country. grin If anything, the large population density in the tiny landmass in the South East means we have less rural dwellers than other regions. We also farm less than other ethnicities which further makes us lean to urban living.

And regardless of population, Ibadan has never at any time in the 20th century been as developed as Lagos. Doesn't matter if UI was cited there. Harvard and MIT were cited in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Yale was cited in Connecticut. UNN was cited in Nsukka which was basically an agrarian village far from the major urban centres of the East.
I dont expect an Ibo man to agree with me!..case closed!
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Danladi7: 2:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Every one knows when Ibadan used to be referred to as a city and lagos town!
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by wiseEast: 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2017
so long as you are igbo not ibo you must surely be hated.

because of culture clash with others out there/

i.e ibos are those without any knowledge of igbo culture.
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by achi4u(m): 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2017
Yyeske:
You're said it all with this post, Igbos are still politically naïve especially at the federal level and that's why they end up committing political suicide every time
Na this kind reply dey sweet ur belly grin
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Yyeske(m): 3:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
achi4u:
Na this kind reply dey sweet ur belly grin
Lol but the guy talk true na

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by wiseEast: 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
Danladi7:

Every one knows when Ibadan used to be referred to as a city and lagos town!

Ibadan was know as a broken China Big Slum of brown roofs not a city.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Bisi Ezerioha Built The Fastest Carbureted Front-wheel Car On Earth / See The House Bro. Joshua Iginla Built For One Of His Pastors In Abuja(photos) / Nigeria Loses Over N1.81trn To Contract Dispute Cases – Abuja Chamber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.