Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,739 members, 7,806,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” (30343 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / CBN Offers Automatic Employment To Ebonyi First-Class Graduates Of Economics / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by generalbush(m): 9:11am On Nov 21, 2017
I write to you this epistle as a form of encouragement and admonishment. I know how you felt when you finally held your certificate and saw your CGPA. It was the same way I felt too. I wish we all got these CGPAs during the time of our fathers; maybe we would have been richer than all our peers right now, flying so high with lots of attention and help that would be gracing our way.

But I am sorry to inform you that this is 2017, and Nigeria is in a state of recession. What’s your grade once again, is it up to 5.0?

Current report shows that she just got a job, but was the 2 years wait worth it?

Any value proposition in the above?

Do you know that a fellow First class graduate with a perfect CGPA got only 100,000 Naira after much backlash from people as his gift, and right now, nobody talks about him again?

You remember the winner of Big Brother Nigeria; he got 25 million as his own gift. Don’t bother arguing about it. They said he helped the sponsors get their money back, that was why they fed him for 3 months, and also gave him 25 million with sponsorship deals.

I know you read what I wrote up there in a haste, but I will break it down for you again.

He helped the “sponsors get their money back” with his entertainment skills, that was why he was paid such an amount. Do you still understand?

In a corporate term, he “delivered real value”, so he got paid for the value delivered.

Dear First Class Graduate, aside from your certificate, what other value can you give out to an employer? Are you even employable?

It took me years of being on the street to know all these, and I am about to tell you this now.

This is 2017, and you should know now that;

No employer cares about your CGPA as long as it can’t help his company generate revenue, it is worthless to him.

Only a few multinationals and Banks care to attach a CGPA as a requirement for job applications. I guess they have become wiser that CGPAs doesn’t equate job delivery.

Companies are now looking for people with the skills to deliver, not those with First class.

Now that you know all these now, would you still beg someone to hire you just because you have a first class?

It might also interest you to know that the number of First class graduates now, has even exceeded that of Second class upper graduates. Employers are now beginning to see that University certificates are now so unreliable.

Here are some few tips for you my Fellow First Class Graduate.

Never beg for a job again, prove why you should have it.

Instead of crying over your first class, hit the streets and get going with life.

Look for cheap certifications in a field with high employment chances (especially ICT), and acquire some skills.

Know that your First class is a plus and not a requirement.

I learned the hard way and I hope you can make use of it well. When next you have the urge to hit the social media and beg for a job because of your first class, just remember that this is Nigeria, and we are in 2017 and not 1945. This is because nobody would offer you a job because of your grade. Not even the school you finished! I learned the hard way, and you can read my own story

Her Alma Mata even declined to give her a job.

Don't forget to subscribe.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/open-letter-dear-first-class-graduates/

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by generalbush(m): 9:13am On Nov 21, 2017
What do you think?

lalalsticlala... peep at this article please. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by haywire07(m): 9:15am On Nov 21, 2017
If I use the aggression from npower take slap u, I swear u will die undecided

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by Afriifa(m): 9:16am On Nov 21, 2017
fvck the judge and the City.
I have a good Lawyer

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:19am On Nov 21, 2017
haywire07:
Haha....

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by kunlesufyan(m): 9:24am On Nov 21, 2017
Mehn! The world is chaging

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by iamleumas: 9:26am On Nov 21, 2017
What of Seventh Class Graduate please? grin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by generalbush(m): 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
haywire07:

lipsrsealed... but why applying to Npower, can't you try out other firms? If you package yourself well, you would surely make it. Trust me.

#Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by Donkastrow: 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
This enlightening post should be aimed at all graduates, regardless of class of degree. First class graduate or not, one must be well-grounded to create / add value to one's (prospective) employer(s).

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by dasrackhor(m): 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2017
generalbush:
I write to you this epistle as a form of encouragement and admonishment. I know how you felt when you finally held your certificate and saw your CGPA. It was the same way I felt too. I wish we all got these CGPAs during the time of our fathers; maybe we would have been richer than all our peers right now, flying so high with lots of attention and help that would be gracing our way.

But I am sorry to inform you that this is 2017, and Nigeria is in a state of recession. What’s your grade once again, is it up to 5.0?

Do you know that a fellow First class graduate with a perfect CGPA got only 100,000 Naira after much backlash from people as his gift, and right now, nobody talks about him again?

You remember the winner of Big Brother Nigeria; he got 25 million as his own gift. Don’t bother arguing about it. They said he helped the sponsors get their money back, that was why they fed him for 3 months, and also gave him 25 million with sponsorship deals.

I know you read what I wrote up there in a haste, but I will break it down for you again.

He helped the “sponsors get their money back” with his entertainment skills, that was why he was paid such an amount. Do you still understand?

In a corporate term, he “delivered real value”, so he got paid for the value delivered.

Dear First Class Graduate, aside from your certificate, what other value can you give out to an employer? Are you even employable?

It took me years of being on the street to know all these, and I am about to tell you this now.

No employer cares about your CGPA as long as it can’t help his company generate revenue, it is worthless to him.

Only a few multinationals and Banks care to attach a CGPA as a requirement for job applications. I guess they have become wiser that CGPAs doesn’t equate job delivery.

Companies are now looking for people with the skills to deliver, not those with First class.

Now that you know all these now, would you still beg someone to hire you just because you have a first class?

It might also interest you to know that the number of First class graduates now, has even exceeded that of Second class upper graduates. Employers are now beginning to see that University certificates are now so unreliable.

Instead of crying over your first class, hit the streets and get going with life.

Look for cheap certifications in a field with high employment chances (especially ICT), and acquire some skills.

I learned the hard way and I hope you can make use of it well. When next you have the urge to hit the social media and beg for a job because of your first class, just remember that this is Nigeria, and we are in 2017 and not 1945. This is because nobody would offer you a job because of your grade. Not even the school you finished! I learned the hard way, and you can read my own story

can you pls tell me the kind of ICT program one should go for...Am a Mechanical Engineering Graduate...

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by gonkin(m): 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2017
dasrackhor:
can you pls tell me the kind of ICT program one should go for...Am a Mechanical Engineering Graduate...
AutoCAD

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by EdoBoy90(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
CCNA
Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by dasrackhor(m): 3:51pm On Nov 25, 2017
gonkin:
AutoCAD
knowledgeable in AutoCAD both 2d and 3d...Thanks anyway

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by generalbush(m): 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
dasrackhor:

ICT is non selective. Just take time to read through the several courses we have in ICT, then you can choose the one that fascinates you.

So this thread was left to die? Lalasticlala wehdone oo...

Make we begin wait for Banky w's pix. Na wetin go help our career.

10 Likes

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by dasrackhor(m): 6:44pm On Nov 25, 2017
generalbush:

ICT is non selective. Just take time to read through the several courses we have in ICT, then you can choose the one that fascinates you.

So this thread was left to die? Lalasticlala wehdone oo...

Make we begin wait for Banky w's pix. Na wetin go help our career.
Thanks boss..appreciate am thinking of networking and security..Let me look at NIIT closer to me..Thanks

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by BruncleZuma: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
This has been filled....

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by Primusinterpares(m): 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
quite true...but then is it their fault? hell NO! Most students In Nigeria uni go through a lot before they finally graduate... some were able to make 1st class...instead if rewarding their hard work and harness their mental prowess, the same country turns her back on them and celebrate entertainment much more than brain.

#show me any u.s 1st class graduate job hunting...the reverse is the case here.
#with the ideas in some of our minds and brain if given the platform to trive, the world would be at our feet.

#imagine the my friend that graduated with 1st class Mech engineering... wet in den give am? only hhand shake. but the miss campus gets a car, cash prize and other things...

#

10 Likes

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by Readwarn(m): 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2017
B

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by iluvpomo(m): 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2017
She will get there eventually....
Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by Nonnyflex(m): 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2017
Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by adeoba2008(m): 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
gonkin:

AutoCAD

You can go for AutoCAD. Being an Engineering Graduate does not mean you cannot try courses like CRM or Digital Marketing. Learn fro free on my blog www.crmnigeria.com
Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by free2ryhme: 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
generalbush:

Current report shows that she just got a job, but was the 2 years wait worth it?

Laughing in Swahili
Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by jaymejate: 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2017
hahahah grin

na me go employ them last last grin

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2017
People who end up frustrated are those that thought immediately they drop their Biro it's automatic millionaire league.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by Joettti: 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2017
Educative though I for one just wish to be a boss of myself chakakam

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by adeoba2008(m): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
This is an insight to all of us. You should acquire skills that will make you employable. Ad a History Graduate ,I learn and got certifications in E-Buainess, that is putting food on my table now. Visit www.crmnigeria.com to know more about this ICT skills .

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by ednut1(m): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
All graduates not just first class

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by Ayo4251(m): 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
B
Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by serverconnect(m): 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
God bless you for this write up.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by kenzysmith: 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
Who are u to write us a letter when u came out with 2nd class
Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by IMASTEX: 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
Nice info. You can't really underplay the importance of self development, creativity, broad knowledge, etc. Certificate alone is worthless.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” by scholarsarena: 7:38pm On Nov 25, 2017
Malmö University Master’s Scholarship 2018, Sweden is delighted to invite applications for the Malmö University Master’s Scholarship (MUMS). Up to 20 awards will be given any higly talented students applying master program at the university. Those cover tuition fees. Please anticipate the deadline in January annually.
Malmö University generally grant 10 to 20 scholarships annually, each covering the tuition fee for one student. Scholarships are awarded on academic merit, experience and motivation. Students admitted to two-year programmes retain the scholarship for the second year if they successfully complete the first year of study and meet the progression criteria.

Award Benefit
The scholarship cover the tuition fee.

Level and Field
Master degree in all subjects.
HOT: CLICK HERE TO APPLY & GET FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS FOR 2018 NOW

https://www.scholarsarena.net/malmo-university-masters-scholarship-2018-sweden/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 / First Bank Of Nigeria Is Recruiting Workers (picture) / Npower: Any Hope Of Getting December Stipend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.