Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Bold Question: Bloggers Should You Blog Hard Or Blog Smart In 2017 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bold Question: Bloggers Should You Blog Hard Or Blog Smart In 2017 (377 Views)

10 Most Searched Topics On Google In 2017 / Bloggers Should You Blog Hard Or Blog Smart In 2017 / Bloggers Should You Blog Hard Or Blog Smart In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bold Question: Bloggers Should You Blog Hard Or Blog Smart In 2017 by IMMORTALSEDO: 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
This question first occurred to me three months back when I started to understand what really is there with blogging. It is notably a good fact that we want a life as free as possible so no-one will get to order you around and make you look like a janitor. This our aspiration is only achievable through blogging and this is the perfect reason why we blog. Now back to our business of the article, “should you blog hard or blog smart”, I have been a blogger for quite sometime now and I have also seen many of my co-bloggers who waste their time as did I trying to write many articles as possible so as to engage their readers with their contents and stories everyday round.

I was a party to this brand of bloggers way back when I started blogging at kabsedo.com, I could write a minimum of 20 articles daily so as to keep up with traffic and engage with my readers. I took up the advice I got from a fellow bloggers blog which said the way to make it through blogging is to blog and blog and blog and that was exactly what I did but truthfully this doesn’t work well even for the entertainment websites that requires frequent updating.

I was making too many mistakes as a blogger and I wouldn’t want anyone to make such a mistake as I did. Here are listed some of the mistakes and harms writing always can do to a website;

Non-originality as a website owner will strive as possible to meet up to the desired post numbers thereby making originality shallow or even zero.

Bugging your visitors. We all know that websites that frequently update on Facebook at some point seem to bug its visitors. Take for instance when you receive 30 mails from a website you susbscribed to their newsletter and see how boring it looks.

Non-engaging contents. When your website updates 30 times daily, it looses engaging contents and it maybe marked as spam by several of your visitors.

You could equally loose your potential visitors when you happen to disturb them with your unending stories as it is termed that too much of everything is bad.

Now having mentioned all these bad effects of blogging repeatedly, let’s talk about the real deal about blogging smart and blogging hard. Blogging smart is a better approach to E-presence and makes your readers want you more and better still keeps a better relationship between you and your readers. Blogging hard is simply attributed to the facts levelled above and they are to the demerits of the blogger himself.

What is blogging hard

As stated by a colleague, blogging hard is that time when you always update a website consistently with non-original contents and also copied articles. When you blog hard, it is under must to write more than 10 articles per day and considerably more than 8 of those numerous 10 articles would be more meaningless than meaningful. Here below are the attributes of one who blogs hard;

Does not mind SEO for his website

Doesn’t have focused keywords he is targeting for his website

Doesn’t even care about running routing check on website to know if everything was okay.

Never does keyword research on his website.

Careless about getting into google first page but instead cares more about social medias.

He sees social media traffic as the best.

Lastly, he doesn’t take email subscribers seriously.

These points levelled above are what we consider the traits of a blogger who blogs hard that blogging smart.

What is Blogging smart

Nevertheless, it is a trait natural to some unique bloggers who are more exposed to the internet and the world around it. Let me take a specific mention here, some bloggers blog smart and among them, I could only recommend but three blogs that blog smart though they are in technology niche and blogging tips niche but they are really worth recommending and saying kudos to; they are 3ptechies.com, shoutmeloud.com and techcabal.com. These websites are considered by us to blog smart and not bug their readers with numerous email messages and flooding our Facebook walls.

Now in fact, blogging smart has to do with many parts of blogging and covers many parts of blogging as well. This entails writing unique articles which could be close to or more that 1500 words article; see 3ptechies, and also knowing what your visitors wants to hear from you. Blogging smart is as well defined as working perfectly on a websites SEO so you could make your way into googles first page using long tailed keywords and keyword planner to spy on competitors keywords; see semrush.com. A smart blogger could update once daily or twice daily and still have his traffic coming up because SEO is better than social medias and SEO never dies but rather matures every waking day. Having briefly explained what blogging smart is, I would like to elaborate the traits of a blogger who blogs. Smart;

He pays more attention to SEO than social media traffic.

He uses keyword planner; google keyword planner or semrush to spy on competitors keywords and conduct keyword research perfectly to increase presence online.

He frequently updates his website to make sure nothing harms his SEO setup.

He updates his blog once a day or more frequently.....

Read on: http://blogincomes.com.ng/bloggers-blog-hard-blog-smart-2017/

1 Like

Re: Bold Question: Bloggers Should You Blog Hard Or Blog Smart In 2017 by Dmayor7(m): 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
This is very awesome!

(1) (Reply)

Introducing The Henry Weiss Blog / How To Add Google Custom Search Bar To Blogger And Make Money / Who Can Add Active Nigeria Members To My Facebook Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.