Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

It's All About The Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's All About The Money (731 Views)

The Only Thing PDP Is Good At Is ‘ Share The Money ’ – Oshiomhole / Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC / Photos Of The Money Uncovered By EFCC In Ikoyi, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's All About The Money by lynx200(m): 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
In the aftermath of the Anambra elections, I have always wondered why we don't have political parties that promote private enterprise and wealth building by example (running their own businesses) and not just talk. Sorry this is going to be long.
What we need now in this country are leaders who can activate wealth generation for this country like the leaders of Ireland and the Asian tigers i.e. China, Singapore, Malaysia and South Korea. Once you can generate enough funds for the country and get people working, then the rest of governance is less stressful. People won't have to fall over themselves to be running to the government for everything.
Let's face it, what most regular Joes like me and you want is the ability to make good money and be able to afford the good life. Anybody who can demonstrate this in his/her personal life by running a business has my vote. I tell you, if you show me a political party with entrepreneurs who have done well in the business world standing for elections, there is a good chance that party will succeed.

Besides, politicians with an entrepreneurial background appreciate what bottlenecks like lack of electricity, roads, sewage systems, horrible education and health systems etc do to businesses and by extension the ordinary citizens. If businesses do not thrive or are not allowed to grow, how will you employ people?
Check out what happens when a young lady gets employed in her first job. She has to get new presentable clothes from her paypacket. Then she upgrades her accomodation. Later on if she earns good enough she moves from shopping at local markets to shopping at standard supermarkets or the malls. She buys new household items and changes her clothing more regularly. She can now afford regular health check ups for herself. If there is any money left she can afford to upgrade herself by going for seminars and...
All these places she spends money on are businesses who are able to employ people and pay them a living wage because of her patronage. Now multiply that one lady by millions of people and now you get an idea of what China has been able to accomplish within a generation.
If those running for political office on new political platforms have this business background, they will appreciate all these and work towards making the economy work. Let's face it

Cast your mind back to 1993 when M.K.O. Abiola won the disputed presidential elections which today is one of the most fair elections held in this country. One of the things going for him was that people could see he was a good manager of resources through his businesses and voted for him inspite of his ethnicity all over the country.
If any of this new political parties can demonstrate that their leaders run businesses (not chasing govt contracts!!) then I can believe they can run a country efficiently. It's not about oratory or grandstanding.
Give me an illiterate person who can't speak English but has demonstrated his/her capacity in running a business and I will come out and vote for him/her

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: 15 killed, 53 injured in suicide attacks on Borno market / Gov-ugwuanyi Flags Off Construction Of Additional Rural Roads / Hagher's Open Letter To President Buhari On Benue Genocide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.