Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian (18857 Views)

Nigerian Boy Shows Off The Robot He Built By Himself (pics/vid) / Meet The Xenobot: World's First Living, Self-healing Robots / Electronic Bed With A TV, Charges Phones & Laptops Made By Nigerian Carpenter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Ihatepork: 8:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Mush room developers. Had any of them developed a 1 billion USD App? NO!

Paystack is a toddler where Igbo owned Interswitch is.

An acknowledgment made by Yorubas.

A Yoruba man should design a 1 billion USD APP, an Afrinolly, before claiming running the IT sector.

Be guided, there is difference between IT and Tech sector.

The highest direct investment in IT in Nigeria was made by Innoson Group. 360 billion NGN in digital media.

Iroko Partners raised 14.4 billion NGN in venture capital. I think that is the highest in Nigerian IT sector.

Nigerian IT space is heavily saturated by Igbos and Yorubas.

CC: Stanluiz

You're an olodo and I'll school you grin. So 1 Igbo man developing a 1billion dollar app negates the fact that Yorubas rule the Nigerian tech sector lol. Have you even heard of Adeyemi Ajao of Tuenti? . He did it way before the igbo guy did it. Besides, Echeruo isn't even based in Nigeria lol

Secondly, Mitchell Elegbe of interswitch isn't an Igbo man you bloody ipob liar grin Why do you people lie about everything. Haba. Your ipob brother is on another thread claiming one ayanna is an Ibo lol. Smh

You use few examples of successful Igbo owned startups while I'm letting you know the ecosystem is Yoruba dominated. Even one of your brothers opened a thread on it sef. I'll find that later.

- Look at the list of top programmers in Nigeria according to Github rankings . Almost all of them are yoruba. There is no contest lol

http://techcabal.com/2016/09/19/nigerias-top-programmers-as-ranked-by-github/

Also, flutterwave raised $10million dollar in funding August this year. But that's not even the point

Lastly, I'm still waiting for your evidence that afrinolly was crowned best African app ever grin

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Ihatepork: 9:02pm On Nov 23, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Is it possible for you to comment without insulting?

Anyway, have you heard of SimplePay or interswitch? They are bigger companies than flutterwave.

Sorry, Andela is an American company.

If you don't know Afrinolly, then you are a learner in Nigerian software industry.

I've heard of simplepay and interswitch. Simplepay isn't bigger than Paystack and flutterwave. Interswitch isn't owned by an ibo man. As for Andela, well, the debate about whether the company is American and Nigerian has always been contested. Whatever.. A Yoruba man was the brain behind it before he left to start another company. I know Afrinolly, it's not even bigger than iroko sef. Lol. Bro, I can school you about the Nigerian tech ecosystem. You think because I'm here doing Igbo vs afonja. See this guy oh grin

1 Like

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by SouthEastFacts: 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:

You're an olodo grin. So 1 Igbo man developing a 1billion dollar app negates the fact that Yorubas rule the Nigerian tech sector lol. Have you even heard of Adeyemi Ajao. He did it way before the igbo guy did it. Besides, Echeruo isn't even based in Nigeria lol

Secondly, Mitchell Elegbe isn't an Igbo man you bloody ipob liar grin Why do you people lie about everything. Ahan Your ipob brother is another thread claiming one ayanna is an Ibo lol. Smh

You use few examples of successful Igbo owned startups while I'm letting you know the ecosystem is Yoruba dominated. Even one of your brothers opened a thread on it sef. I'll find that later.

- Look at the list of top developers in Nigeria according to Github rankings . Almost all of them are yoruba. There is no contest lol

http://techcabal.com/2016/09/19/nigerias-top-programmers-as-ranked-by-github/

Lastly, I'm still waiting for your evidence that afrinolly was crowned best African app ever grin

It seems IPOB is your nightmare. You can still communicate the same idea without insulting. Only kids do that.

Sorry not Interswitch, but E-Tranzact.

The best developer in Nigeria according to GitHub is Obinwanne Hills (ObiHills). Does that sound Yoruba to you.

www.techcabal.com/2016/09/19/nigerias-top-programmers-as-ranked-by-github/

You can have 1M+ developers but as long as we have the top spot no problem. You can build a billion APP, but as long as we have the only 1 billion USD App. No Problem.

Ndi Igbo are perfectionists. We go for quality not quantity.

Afrinolly was adjudged the best in Google Andriod Challenge for Sub Sahara Africa. It is the most downloaded APP in Nigeria.

Keep waiting for links. Use your Google.
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by SouthEastFacts: 9:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:

I've heard of simplepay and interswitch. Simplepay isn't bigger than Paystack and flutterwave. Interswitch isn't owned by an ibo man. As for Andela, well, the debate about whether the company is American and Nigerian has always been contested. Whatever.. A Yoruba man was the brain behind it before he left to start another company. I know Afrinolly, it's not even bigger than iroko sef. Lol. Bro, I can school you about the Nigerian tech ecosystem. You think because I'm here doing Igbo vs afonja. See this guy oh grin
SimplePay raised 10 Million USD in venture capital.

A Yoruba man was not the brain behind Andela. He is a mere Director of Recruitment not even a deputy COO or a COO.

Afrinolly is bigger than Iroko and both are Igbo owned. It is the most used APP in Africa and came top in Google Android Challenge for Sub Sahara Africa.

Sorry, Yorubas don't run Nigerian IT sector. It is heavily saturated by both Igbos and Yorubas.
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Ihatepork: 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

You can still communicating the same idea without insulting. Only kids do that.

The best developer in Nigeria according to GitHub is Obinwanne Hills (ObiHills). Does that sound Yoruba to you.

techcabal.com/2016/09/19/nigerias-top-programmers-as-ranked-by-github/

You can have 1M+ developers but as long as we have the top spot no problem. You can build a billion APP, but as long as we have the only 1 billion USD App. No Problem.

Ndi Igbo are perfectionists. We go for quality not quantity.

Afrinolly was adjudged the best in Google Andriod Challenge for Sub Sahara Africa. It is the most downloaded APP in Nigeria.

Keep waiting for links. Use your Google.

[b]From interswitch to e-tranzact grin you just keep dancing in circles. Lol. The obiwanne guy is the one leading for Java script. Yorubas are leading for Ruby, Java, and PHP. If I talk now, you'll say I'm insulting you cheesy I do that because you lie too much. By the way, the so called Afrinolly is no more on the app store. It's pointless going back and forth with people like you because it's all about dick contest for you lol. I mean, your moniker says it all. No matter how much I try to educate you, you won't agree.

Afrinolly was awarded in 2011, do you know how many Nigerian startups have won awards since then? Yes, perfectionists like the ones making poor replicas of foreign goods cheesy Sounds like you're mocking your own people hehe. If you post anything and I tell you to provide evidence, you don't tell me to google it. You posted it, so you should defend it. See, you're just another ipob lying chest beater. I've busted all your nonsense lies. You aren't representing your moniker well. This is my last reply. I can't help you grin[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Ihatepork: 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2017
Oh! And simplepay didn't raise any $10million. ODVanguard come see how I'm busting ipob youth lie here. The guy thought he was chatting with an ignorant Yoruba cheesy

1 Like

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by SouthEastFacts: 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:

[b]From interswitch to e-tranzact grin you just keep dancing in circles. Lol. The obiwanne guy is the one leading for Java script. Yorubas are leading for Ruby, Java, and PHP. If I talk now, you'll say I'm insulting you cheesy I do that because you lie too much. By the way, the so called Afrinolly is no more on the app store. It's pointless going back and forth with people like you because it's all about dick contest for you lol. I mean, your moniker says it all. No matter how much I try to educate you, you won't agree. Afrinolly was awarded in 2011, do you know how many Nigerian startups have won awards since then? Yes, perfectionists like the ones making poor replicas of foreign goods cheesy Sounds like you're mocking your own people hehe. If you post anything and I tell you to provide evidence, you don't tell me to google it. You posted it, so you should defend it. See, you're just another ipob lying chest beater. I've busted all your nonsense lies. You aren't representing your moniker well. This is my last reply. I can't help you grin[/b]
I can't help again either.

But in summary:
1. SW had never developed a 1 billion USD APP.
2. Having the largest numbers of developers doesn't translate to dominating the IT Space, but rather total turnover of companies operating in that space. Market share of a firm which is used to measure the dominance of a firm in a particular market is measured using annual turn over.
3. There is no SW platform that can stand Afrinolly currently.
4. The fact that SE owned IT firms are concentrated in Lagos doesn't mean SW controls the sector.
5. There is no single SW software product in the open market currently that SE doesn't have a better alternative for.
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by SouthEastFacts: 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:
Oh! And simplepay didn't raise any $10million. ODVanguard come see how I'm busting ipob youth lie here. The guy thought he was chatting with an ignorant Yoruba cheesy
For now, I won't respond to you again. Unless I deemed it necessary.

SimplePay is a company a lot of foreign and even our indigenous companies were struggling to invest in 2013, 4 years ago.

SimplePay was adjudged the best startup in Nigeria in 2013.

Check out who sits on SimplePay's board of directors.

I know you will beg for links. Research!!!

I thought I was chatting with someone knowledgeable.
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Ihatepork: 1:54am On Nov 24, 2017
You lied that afrinolly was adjudged the best african app ever
you lied that interswitch is igbo owned
you lied that simplepay raised $10 million in funding
You lied that the best developer in Nigeria according to GitHub is Obinwanne Hills
You lied that the highest direct investment in IT in Nigeria was made by Innoson Group. 360 billion NGN

YOU LIE TOOOOO MUCH.

And you expect me to take your ignant ass seriously? Don't bother replying me. I just wanted to summarize all your lies grin

P.S: I know a lot about simplepay, but I'd rather argue about that with someone who backs up his words with facts and not lies grin

3 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by ODVanguard: 6:54am On Nov 24, 2017
Ihatepork:

Chief, sorry I just saw your mention, been a bit busy. That guy you are engaging is an ignorant loafer and pretender. If you dig deep you'll realize that he's a typical empty vessel who panders off lies, half-truths, rumours, and imaginary/cookedup tales and false hype as 'facts'. I've deconstructed and exposed his fibs on this forum on more than one occasion. The truth/fact is that SimplePay has been 'hoping' to raise $10-million since 2015 but to no avail, while a relatively newer entrant, Flutterwave, earlier this year effortlessly raised over $10-million in its series A funding (this was in July this year).

https://medium.com/@theflutterwave/flutterwave-series-a-funding-3708259dc830

You know what is even more ironic is the fact that his kinsman's IrokoTV uses a relatively newer entrant PayStack cheesy as its payment processor instead of the older SimplePay cheesy . Essien's HotelsNg also abandoned Interswitch for PayStack cheesy. Me sef don fashi PayPal and integrated PayStack for my online merchant clientele. If you've tried accepting online payments as an e-merchant, you will understand why the likes of PayStack and Flutterwave have innovatively changed the game and are gaining so much traction. Egbe ishu ko n'iyan.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by ODVanguard: 6:58am On Nov 24, 2017
Ihatepork:

Here's the thread right here:

https://www.nairaland.com/2674858/yorubas-cornered-nigerias-ict-sector

5 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by totit: 10:57am On Nov 24, 2017
Ihatepork:

[b]From interswitch to e-tranzact grin you just keep dancing in circles. Lol. The obiwanne guy is the one leading for Java script. Yorubas are leading for Ruby, Java, and PHP. If I talk now, you'll say I'm insulting you cheesy I do that because you lie too much. By the way, the so called Afrinolly is no more on the app store. It's pointless going back and forth with people like you because it's all about dick contest for you lol. I mean, your moniker says it all. No matter how much I try to educate you, you won't agree.

Afrinolly was awarded in 2011, do you know how many Nigerian startups have won awards since then? Yes, perfectionists like the ones making poor replicas of foreign goods cheesy Sounds like you're mocking your own people hehe. If you post anything and I tell you to provide evidence, you don't tell me to google it. You posted it, so you should defend it. See, you're just another ipob lying chest beater. I've busted all your nonsense lies. You aren't representing your moniker well. This is my last reply. I can't help you grin[/b]

Indeed, knowledge is power cool
LMAO. grin

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Emmynation(m): 8:30pm On Jan 27, 2020
great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Top 10 Most Overrated“geniuses” / Blobfish Voted "World's Ugliest Animal" / 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.