Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,083 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos (59272 Views)

2 Nigerian Airways Retirees Slump, Die On Queue, Absence Of Forms Stall Process / Documents Nigeria Airways Retirees Must Take Along For Verification / 15,000 Lagos Retirees Get N66.5bn Accrued Pension Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Jflex07(m): 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
Prosper123:
We Nigerians are hypocrites. Stop complaining. Many of us complaining against the government will do much worse when given the office. We are complaining now because we have not seen the opportunity. When we are given the opportunity you will see. Check the little positions we handle as normal people, you will notice how wicked and heartless and greedy we are. In that way and condition, the life cycle of evil and wickedness continues untouched.
Bros I agree with you on this 100%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by trustibk(m): 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
issoryt
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
Be like Jiang, start planing for retirement even b4 you start working, I already have a retirement account on fixed deposit, I just dump a quarter of my yearly profits inside it, while I scope the interest on top & give it to the less previlage since islamically I can't chop dat interest personally grin

Stupid NYSC making me stuck in a village for miserly 20k, while my business can't progress for the next 6-8 months, fuvking cursed country
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
alexistaiwo:
If hell is real. We Nigerians have little or nothing to worry about ending up there. We have had enough Pre-season
hahahahaha.. you have said it all
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by sherybanky(m): 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
[quote author=Explorers post=62612950]Came across this on facebook.

When our old parents have laboured so hard to serve their fatherland, the government for 35years.

But they have to queue for days, weeks, months to get paid.
Some have even died trying to get their pay.

[This Is The Only Thing That Could Make Me cry I WeeP For My Country][quote author=Explorers post=62612950]Came across this on facebook.

When our old parents have laboured so hard to serve their fatherland, the government for 35years.

[This Is The Only Thing That Could Make Me cry I WeeP For My Country]
[quote author=Explorers post=62612950]Came across this on facebook.

[This Is The Only Thing That Could Make Me cry I WeeP For My Country]
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by IMASTEX: 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
hahn:
Lol

Even our ancestors dey suffer for naija cheesy grin
You get mouth. . .Lol.
I heard the ancestors are even lobbying to use underground tunnel to Europe. The hardship and hotness of the ground is unbearable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by gbagyiza: 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
raumdeuter:
For European retirees, while working a portion of their income is deducted and kept for them, this portion is disbursed back to them after they retire. As social security checks

For Nigerians do the govt deduct a portion of their income while working and keep for retirement. Please help clarify

Yes, they deduct stipend n they call it pension..After retirement to have access to d money which can not even sustain the person life is a challenge.. Some retirees die without receiving a penny...Nigerians r suffering.
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by hahn(m): 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
IMASTEX:

You get mouth. . .Lol.
I heard the ancestors are even lobbying to use underground tunnel to Europe

Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
Explorers:
Some civil servants salary, including promotion and annual increments.

₦200, 000 × 12Months = ₦2, 400, 000per annum

₦2, 400, 000 × 35years = ₦84, 000, 000

₦84m, if a civil servant decides to save his entire income for 35yrs without spending a dime.

State civil servants will earn far far less than this.

Some politicians will earn more than ₦84m in a year while serving just 4years in an office.
Not even enough for a brand new S class.
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by efighter: 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2017
nestic:
the exert definition of bad and good government...infact now the problem is we dont even know who to blame anymore...
call buhari "he is in london for medical check-up"...
call lai Muhammed "he lies"
call dinomelayi {soorrry if i spelt it wrong} he shows us his cars.
am tired of this country infact am leaving to Zimbabwe....mugabe is gone

Call Goatluck Jonaddaft, he is dead drunk and talking nonsense after drinking several kegs of ogogoro.
Call Mama Piss Sheppopo, she is shopping in the most expensive malls in US.
Call Diezaini Alison-Madueke, she is in house arrest in UK for money laundry charges.
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by kikake: 6:23pm On Nov 22, 2017
Explorers:
Came across this on facebook.

Why complain while many Nigerians say it's One Nigeria or nothing?

If any group in Nigeria say they are tired of Nigeria and want their own country to be built like Europe, many shall call them names like Biafrauud, Biafrat, etc.

Enjoy your crude oil in Nigeria and stop comparing to complain.

All things being like this, hundred years from now, Nigeria is still to be mired in this mud.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
raumdeuter:
For European retirees, while working a portion of their income is deducted and kept for them, this portion is disbursed back to them after they retire. As social security checks

For Nigerians do the govt deduct a portion of their income while working and keep for retirement. Please help clarify
err..not entirely true! have you heard about someting called state pension?

they have only started deducting from salaries recently. 2 years ago.
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Martin0(m): 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
gypsey:
err..not entirely true! have you heard about someting called state pension?

they have only started deducting from salaries recently. 2 years ago.

In UK or in nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by laliga01: 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

That is what we term pension here... I guess you know how the story go.
One man go get mind chop millions of old people money.
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by laliga01: 6:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
Mekanus:
Nigeria is so Fu^cked up. The government deducts workers salary in the name of pension fund but when it's time to pay pensioners, they start telling them bullshit. Just like Dave Umahi, he has been paying pension in the media, but in reality no Ebonyi pensioner has received even a dime. It really sucks to be a Nigerian.

Lolx...being a Nigerian sometimes seems like wrong destination.
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Myde4naija(m): 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

yes govt acually deduct 7.5% of workers salary and another 7.5% is will be added to it by the governmen. its new phenomena in Nigeria civil service.

Pensioner still get their pension through 100% government funding cos the policy hasn't take proper shape yet.
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Kennedy767(m): 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
Explorers:

Lol.....True

Come today, come tomorrow, verification, screening.

Bring your tax receipt from 30years back, NEPA bill from 25years back, your children's school fees receipts since Nursery 1 to University level.
before they round up those process the old man/WOMAN have died
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Cromagnon: 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
Explorers:

₦84m, if a civil servant decides to save his entire income for 35yrs without spending a dime.

Some politicians will earn more than ₦84m in a year while serving just 4years in an office.
then the civil servants should go into politics
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by tete7000(m): 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Yes, it is done. But then the money is looted and relooted so when the current governor comes to office, he has to pay from the state funds rather than pension funds because it is nowhere.

OBJ started a reformed pension scheme where Pension Fund Administrators (PFA's) now keep the funds. The pension scheme extends to every worker, not just govt workers. They keep a 25% percentage of your basic pay (8.5% from you, your employee pays the remaining) so when you retire, the PFA's pays your pension.

Why it is still complex now is because these guys on the pix belongs to the era of the pre PFA scheme where govt had access to all the pension funds. Soon, when people retire, pension will be paid by PFA's and it wont take this rigorous process.

That's what you think. Things that work elsewhere don't usually work in Nigeria because corruption pervades everywhere. It why even privation processes of government fail. When it is time for those PFA to start paying, we may start hearing stories.
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Cromagnon: 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

Okay this is getting clearer. So the gratuity and the pension owed has been deducted from these peoples salary In their working days. So the money was deducted and saved where? ministry of finance account or what. Do the retired workers have a statement of account issued to them showing how much total was deducted over their working years to show how much they'll be entitled to in retirement.

Even Nigeria with all these inflation sef. Imagine someone who retired in 1995 on a salary of 10k a month maybe good money then, how much would they have deducted to be paid back now that will make sense for survival In this today's economy
pension is not savings. It's investment.

Invest 10k in say a property.
When inflation goes up so does the property. Cos land is land, house is house, farm is farm. Same value just different figures(arbitrary numbers)

10 Naira house in 1960 is worth 10million today
So invest, not save

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Cromagnon: 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
mayorkyzo:
Nigeria is one of the worse countries to be a civil servant...after 35yrs then your suffering begins...
First u need to be paid your gratuity before you start collecting pension,but to collect the gratuity takes donkey years...we've truly lost it in this country...
when they were helping the politicians to loot they didn't know abi
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Cromagnon: 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
Jiang:
Be like Jiang, start planing for retirement even b4 you start working, I already have a retirement account on fixed deposit, I just dump a quarter of my yearly profits inside it, while I scope the interest on top & give it to the less previlage since islamically I can't chop dat interest personally grin

Stupid NYSC making me stuck in a village for miserly 20k, while my business can't progress for the next 6-8 months, fuvking cursed country
leave the nysc na
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Cromagnon: 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2017
[quote author=sherybanky post=62619223][/quote] means they didn't do their jobs properly.they were just as crooked as the politicians
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by lumeneng22: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
Buharioooooo! Buhari come and see your collegues (pensioners)
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by emsheddy(m): 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
Explorers:

one of the many wonders of the modern world found only in Nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2017
Cromagnon:
leave the nysc na

Can't, Don wanna disappoint my parents after all these years of investment, I have to go for MSC which ain't possible without the NYSC cert
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by GOFRONT(m): 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
Thats why i say na politics sure pass for this country.....

I must be a politician Either by hook or by crook

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by Cromagnon: 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2017
Jiang:

Can't, Don wanna disappoint my parents after all these years of investment, I have to go for MSC which ain't possible without the NYSC cert
Toh so suck it up like the rest of us and get on with it till we are able to change it.don't worry you'll find a work around. Or just settle your supervisors

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by brojoshua: 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2017
Corruption of Nigerians or because almost all of us in Nigeria are wickedly corrupt is what destroyed all good things for us. For example let me ask you a question. How many of the retirees were not corrupt when they were in office? And if corruption has eaten all the pensions they should be getting now, do you blame anybody. Most of the retirees were also corrupt when they were in office and so have eaten all the pensions they should be getting now then.
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by brojoshua: 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
Corruption of Nigerians or because almost all of us in Nigeria are wickedly corrupt is what destroyed all good things for us. For example let me ask you a question. How many of the retirees were not corrupt when they were in office? And if corruption has eaten all the pensions they should be getting now, do you blame anybody. Most of the retirees were also corrupt when they were in office and so have eaten all the pensions they should be getting now then. For example if we do our today well, then our tomorrow will be fine. But if we destroy our today by our being corrupt or corruption, then it can not be well our tomorrow
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by he1845(m): 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
The new pension scheme is designed to address the issue of looting of pension funds and the law is designed to protect the contributors 10% from the employers and 8%from the employee and very soon retired civil servants that started work in 2006 will collect their pensions within 3weeks after presenting clearance from their employer
Re: Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos by osazsky(m): 8:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

same in Nigeria its called gratuity are u a learner or u haven't seen any payslip of a civil servant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? / Top 7 Skills You Should Acquire In 2020 / How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.