Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation (11404 Views)

List 5 Important Things That Will Make Lagos Work And Develop - Lagos For Us ALL / I’m Going To Develop Lagos With New Strategies, Sanwo-olu / Ibos Did Not Develop Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
Eminent personalities led by Chairman/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Coscharis Group , Dr. Cosmas Maduka made the call at this year’s League of Anambra Professionals (LAP) End-of-Year Lecture and Dinner in Lagos.

Maduka, who spoke on the topic: “Capitalising on untapped opportunities in Anambra”, said his firm pays N450 million tax yearly and he personally pays  N50 million yearly. He added that his state, Anambra, would benefit greatly from these monies for its growth, if he lived or was based there.

http://thenationonlineng.net/dont-abandon-anambra-indigenes-urged-2/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
nwabobo:
Eminent personalities led by Chairman/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Coscharis Group , Dr. Cosmas Maduka made the call at this year’s League of Anambra Professionals (LAP) End-of-Year Lecture and Dinner in Lagos.

Maduka, who spoke on the topic: “Capitalising on untapped opportunities in Anambra”, said his firm pays N450 million tax yearly and he personally pays  N50 million yearly. He added that his state, Anambra, would benefit greatly from these monies for its growth, if he lived or was based there.

http://thenationonlineng.net/dont-abandon-anambra-indigenes-urged-2/
Lagos again smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by AntiWailer: 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
He should go to Anambra instead of staying in Lagos.

For his company to pay 450 million naira tax in Lagos that means they made over 4.5 billion naira in Lagos.

For him to pay 50 million personal tax that means he made over 500 million personal income in Lagos.

I guess the footballers should lay claim that they developed England going by the tax they pay weekly and annually.

you guys should stop sounding like illiterates.

If you ask them for sound and logical engagement now, they will be screaming Afonja Afonja. Brain dead.

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by Victornezzar: 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
Can't this thing just end please, Lagos is in the west, So yorubas are the real owners of the state

Btw why do most yorubas use lagos to boast, is it the only western state in Nigeria??

13 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
AntiWailer:
One Nigeria please

5 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by horsepower101: 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by globemoney: 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
AntiWailer:
When Lagos state government passes an order to stop collecting tax from ndigbo in Lagos, then I'll agree with you

14 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
globemoney:

When Lagos state government passes an order to stop collecting tax from ndigbo in Lagos, then I'll agree with you
They want Igbo tax but don't like Igbo people smiley

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by totit: 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
I disagree.

1. Because, Maduka only give back 10% of what Lagos gives him.
2. It takes one who receives to give back.
3. If he isn't getting something from Lagos he has nothing to offer or give back.
4. For maduka to pay such amount that means his business is dead without Lagos.
5. Lagos made him,developed him and not the other way round that's why he has to give back.
6. And last but not the least,N450 million tax money is not enough to develop Lagos,lagos generate far more than that and her budget is almost a trillion naira. Also, maduka and other ibo villagers should stop abusing the word ' developed ' nigeria neither lagos is developed.

Thank you. cool

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by wakaman: 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2017
This lagos matter na wa o, na Igbo's wan replace Omo onile dem for lagos no?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
totit:
I disagree.

1. Because, Maduka only give back 10% of what Lagos gives him.
2. It takes one who receives to give back.
3. If he isn't getting something from Lagos he has nothing to offer or give back.
4. For maduka to pay such amount that means his business is dead without Lagos.
5. Lagos made him,developed him and not the other way round that's why he has to give back.
6. And last but not the least,N450 million tax money is not enough to develop Lagos,lagos generate far more than that and her budget is almost a trillion naira. Also, maduka and other ibo villagers should stop abusing the word ' developed ' nigeria neither lagos is developed.

Thank you. cool

Mmaduka is just one out of millions of Igbos investing in Lagos thereby not only paying taxes but also providing employment, paying 'owo da' and helping keep omo oniles off the streets.

Meanwhile, it's states that go looking for investors not the other way round so Lagos and Lagosians should be grateful to the likes of Mmaduka who have invested in the state.

16 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by globemoney: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
Victornezzar:
[s]Can't this thing just end please, Lagos is in the west, So yorubas are the real owners of the state[/s]

Btw why do most yorubas use lagos to boast, is it the only western state in Nigeria??
You cant tell me that ODvanguard, sarrki, PVision2020, aribisala0, Danladi7 etc are the real owners of lagos when they are paying their rents in Lagos to an igbo landlord. What if their igbo landlord reads this post and decides to kick them out?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by sunnygid: 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
Are u a salary earner within lagos? Get a quick loan up to 1M to meet your needs without collateral. Call Ayo (KWIKPAY) on 08085676742, 08157803244 (Disbursement within 24 hrs) info@kwikpaycredit.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 3:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
globemoney:

You cant tell me that ODvanguard, sarrki, PVision2020, aribisala0, Danladi7 etc are the real owners of lagos when they are paying their rents in Lagos to an igbo landlord. What if their igbo landlord reads this post and decides to kick them out?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by totit: 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2017
nwabobo:

[b]Mmaduka is just one out of millions of Igbos investing in Lagos[b] thereby not only paying taxes but also providing employment, paying 'owo da' and helping keep omo oniles off the streets.

Meanwhile, it's states that go looking for investors not the other way round so Lagos and Lagosians should be grateful to the likes of Mmaduka who have invested in the state.

Well, my brother so far we've seen just one ' maduke ' 'in that case let's leave those imaginary ones out of the discussion since they are yet to be proven or talked about.

Shall we? Or shall we focus on those imaginary ones at well with facts

Thanks grin

13 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by Victornezzar: 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
globemoney:

why they keep hating us is because of our success, Their oba and a certain leader said the state belong 2 the benins but they are shifting the blame to the igbos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by Movic1(m): 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
Iro! If cosmos is paying that amount then how much tax will Elizade motors assemblers of toyota and producer of Jac pay as tax?? I smell lies
They always claim they made someone else state better than theirs. Is that Wisdom or foolishness. it's not too late to move his Headquarters back to Anambra so that he can pay that huge amount to his state.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2017
globemoney:

Most of them are owing their Igbo landlords sef

10 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 3:13pm On Nov 22, 2017
totit:

Well, my brother so far we've seen just one ' maduke ' 'in that case let's leave those imaginary ones out of the discussion since they are yet to be proven or talked about.

Shall we? Or shall we focus on those imaginary ones at well with facts

Thanks grin

Emzor pharmaceuticals
May & Baker Pharmaceuticals
Orange Drugs
Greenlife Pharmaceuticals
Neros Pharmaceuticals
Neimeth Pharmaceuticals
Embassy Pharmaceuticals
Vixa Pharmaceuticals
Agary Pharmaceuticals
Clarion Medicals
Pemason Pharmaceuticals

These are just a few in one industry. Without the Igbos, Lagosians will be left with agbo.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by totit: 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
nwabobo:

Emzor pharmaceuticals
May & Baker Pharmaceuticals
Orange Drugs
Greenlife Pharmaceuticals
Neros Pharmaceuticals
Embassy Pharmaceuticals
Vixa Pharmaceuticals
Agary Pharmaceuticals
Clarion Medicals
Pemason Pharmaceuticals

These are just a few in one industry. Without the Igbos, Lagosians will be left with agbo.

These 2+2 shops? I thought we are talking about their tax income?
I hope you won't come up with your home made figures.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by kettykin: 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2017
Igbos should start warming up for the Gubernatorial seat of Lagos for 2019 , because that is where all this is leading to .

i cant see my kinsman pay tax of N500M and some idiots will tell me i am not qualified to contest for the Lagos seat.

No wonder some fools cried themselves hoarse when Nnamdi Kanu bestrode the length and breadth of the East in his quest for Biafra , only for the same fools that joined the Federal government to criticise him are now saying lagos is no man's land

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by horsepower101: 3:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
kettykin:
Igbos should start warming up for the Gubernatorial seat of Lagos for 2019 , because that is where all this is leading to .

i cant see my kinsman pay tax of N500M and some idiots will tell me i am not qualified to contest for the Lagos seat.

No wonder some fools cried themselves hoarse when Nnamdi Kanu bestrode the length and breadth of the East in his quest for Biafra , only for the same fools that joined the Federal government to criticise him are now saying lagos is no man's land

Gbam !!!

4 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2017
totit:

These 2+2 shops? I thought we are talking about their tax income?
I hope you won't come up with your home made figures.

Go through the names of those companies again and each time you buy any medicine, look at the name of the manufacturer or owner.

Lonart - Greenlife
Artesunat - Neros
Procold, Boska, Delta soap - Orange Drugs
Emzor Paracetamol - Emzor

6 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by bakynes(m): 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2017
I have never seen a Chest beating tribe like the Igbos in my life.

Elizade is bigger than Coscharis and would pay more taxes than Coscharis but you will never hear Yoruba's talk about it. What is wrong with this people sef are you the only ones that make money in this country.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by totit: 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2017
nwabobo:

Go through the names of those companies again and each time you buy any medicine, look at the name of the manufacturer or owner.

Lonart - Greenlife
Artesunat - Neros
Procold, Boska, Delta soap - Orange Drugs
Emzor Paracetamol - Emzor

But why are you like this friend? Ain't we talking about tax and income here? There are countless of shops and businesses in Lagos own by foreigners, yorubas,housa too. We ain't here for that.

You said.. maduka tax developed lagos,i asked you,how consider the amount lagos generates and the amount it budget monthly..

I am tired of this back and forth argument.

What's your definition for development 'developed' anyway? undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by globemoney: 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2017
Movic1:
Iro! If cosmos is paying that amount then how much tax will Elizade motors assemblers of toyota and producer of Jac pay as tax?? I smell lies
Cosharis is the number 1 auto dealer in Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by kettykin: 3:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
horsepower101:

Gbam !!!
My brother beyond every doubt , Igbos are the power house of Lagos and Nigeria ,if Cosharis alone gives Lagos state N500M per annum it then means that Nest oil , Cosharis, Zenox , Diamond , Fidelity, Sun Newspapers, The Pharmceuticals, The IT companies, The traders in Alaba, Computer village , The biscuit companies, Transport firms, logistics firms, igbo owned oil and gas firms , the Ladipo boys , Oshodi are contributing Nothing less than N100B per annum.

Yet some people who contribute absolutely nothing will use derogatory words on igbos

11 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by bakynes(m): 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
kettykin:

One question for you is Ndigbo indigenous to Lagos? If "No" tell him to go back to Anambra and do his business there, so far he makes his money here in Lagos he must pay taxes to the Yoruba State Government.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
bakynes:

Elizade is bigger than Coscharis and would pay more taxes than Coscharis but you will never hear Yoruba's talk about it. What is wrong with this people sef are you the only ones that make money in this country.

Elizade bigger than Coscharis in your dreams. Coscharis main business till today is auto parts marketing and not the various motor vehicle franchises he holds. He markets all ABRO products in West and Central Africa

He's into pharmaceuticals, agriculture and FMCG as well as Banking.

5 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by globemoney: 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2017
bakynes:

Cosharis is the number one auto dealer in Lagos. Elizade my foot

7 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by kettykin: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
bakynes:

One question for you is Ndigbo indigenous to Lagos? If "No" tell him to go back to Anambra and do his business there, so far he makes his money here in Lagos he must pay taxes to the Yoruba State Government.

was that not what Nnamdi Kanu was doing when some idiotic compound fools labelled him a terrorist and almost killed him and his aged father.

if Nigeria must remain one Insha Allah then an igbo man must rule lagos Shikena !!!

5 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by globemoney: 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2017
nwabobo:

Elizabeth bigger than Coscharis in your dreams. Coscharis main business till today is auto parts marketing and not the various motor vehicle franchises he holds. He markets all ABRO products in West and Central Africa

He's into pharmaceuticals, agriculture and FMCG as well as Banking.
Elizabeth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

WTO Nominee, Okonjo-Iweala, Says She Has “Strong Support” From Africa / El-rufa’i Dashed People’s Hopes — Kaduna Elders / Card Reader Not Included In Electoral (Amendment) Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.