Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Let's Blast The Sat Test!! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let's Blast The Sat Test!! (14123 Views)

Oyo Govt Urge Residents Around Blast Site To Leave Homes, Check Into Hotels / After 3 Months Of Lockdown, See How People Sat Inside A Plane In Nigeria! / Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by rinzaugustine: 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2018
Josh4wod:
Writing SAT will help you get funding
Is it certain?My very brilliant niece wants to write it
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 10:58pm On Feb 27, 2018
rinzaugustine:
Is it certain?My very brilliant niece wants to write it
It's not certain as there are other things being put in consideration before scholarship is awarded.

She's likely to get funding

1 Like

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 11:05pm On Feb 27, 2018
Lizzytiti:
Sorry for the late reply guys. I'm not on nairaland and I'm only using my sister's account. To keep this thread alive, since it's the only current SAT thread, i will make it pretty long. OK here goes
After lots of lectures and studying, the day of my exam finally came. I was even reading the day before and only had about 5hrs sleep(a terrible thing to do). I got to the venue, checked in at 8:00 and took my seat. Since the exam didn't start till 10am, I used the opportunity to sleep and relax on my seat.
It was time for the first section i.e the reading section. I started with the two science passages: too easy, piece of cake as I spent 10 minutes each. I moved on to the literature passage and proceeded to answer the questions only to find myself staring blankly at the questions and asking myself: is this the question for another passage? I left it alone and answered the social studies and history passages, which were surprisingly not boring passages, although I spent about 15 minutes each answering these passages. Having just 10 minutes left, I went back to the literature passage and tried to skim it quickly and answered some if its questions. Just then, the invigilator announced: 5minutes left. wow, turned out he took 2minutes out of the 65 minutes. I quickly dotted the answers (which I would shade well later on) and finished answering the literature passage.
Time up, 10 minutes break. I refreshed my mind and was ready to continue. I finished the writing section with about 3 minutes left, only for the invigilator to realize that he made an error in timing and added 6 minutes, totalling 35 minutes( standard time for that section). With 9 minutes left, I crosschecked my answers and shaded the reading section answers well.
The maths section was easy. since I was good at maths, I finished the two sections with about 8 minutes left. Exam fever began to set in towards the end of my maths section, as I literarily began to feel sick. I moved on to the essay tired and exhausted(sick).
I finished the exam, greeted my friends and went home. I was Ill throughout the rest of the day, having a high temperature and a terrible headache. I was fine the next day.
2 weeks later, my score was out. Maths:750, Verbal: 690, totalling 1440 out 1600. Essay:19/24. and that was my exam experience. Thanks for reading. I need to return my sister's phone.
Wow
Nice try
You're truly a brilliant one.
Glad we have a scholar to keep the thread alive!
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Naughtyvirgin(m): 12:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
Wow....awesome...biko just sent you a pm pls reply me as soon as you get ds

Lizzytiti:
Sorry for the late reply guys. I'm not on nairaland and I'm only using my sister's account. To keep this thread alive, since it's the only current SAT thread, i will make it pretty long. OK here goes
After lots of lectures and studying, the day of my exam finally came. I was even reading the day before and only had about 5hrs sleep(a terrible thing to do). I got to the venue, checked in at 8:00 and took my seat. Since the exam didn't start till 10am, I used the opportunity to sleep and relax on my seat.
It was time for the first section i.e the reading section. I started with the two science passages: too easy, piece of cake as I spent 10 minutes each. I moved on to the literature passage and proceeded to answer the questions only to find myself staring blankly at the questions and asking myself: is this the question for another passage? I left it alone and answered the social studies and history passages, which were surprisingly not boring passages, although I spent about 15 minutes each answering these passages. Having just 10 minutes left, I went back to the literature passage and tried to skim it quickly and answered some if its questions. Just then, the invigilator announced: 5minutes left. wow, turned out he took 2minutes out of the 65 minutes. I quickly dotted the answers (which I would shade well later on) and finished answering the literature passage.
Time up, 10 minutes break. I refreshed my mind and was ready to continue. I finished the writing section with about 3 minutes left, only for the invigilator to realize that he made an error in timing and added 6 minutes, totalling 35 minutes( standard time for that section). With 9 minutes left, I crosschecked my answers and shaded the reading section answers well.
The maths section was easy. since I was good at maths, I finished the two sections with about 8 minutes left. Exam fever began to set in towards the end of my maths section, as I literarily began to feel sick. I moved on to the essay tired and exhausted(sick).
I finished the exam, greeted my friends and went home. I was Ill throughout the rest of the day, having a high temperature and a terrible headache. I was fine the next day.
2 weeks later, my score was out. Maths:750, Verbal: 690, totalling 1440 out 1600. Essay:19/24. and that was my exam experience. Thanks for reading. I need to return my sister's phone.
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Olalekank(m): 10:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
Lizzytiti:
I couldn't but like this. With this kind of score, you should be able to secure a scholarship.

GoodLuck!
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 1:42am On Mar 13, 2018
Life is not just about achieving success. It is about being happy with what you have achieved.
I have seen people running off from duties and responsibilities, they are afraid to face the failure that comes with success. What people need to remember is that discomfort is the price of admission to a meaningful life.

Practice! practice!! Practice!!!

2 Likes

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Olalekank(m): 2:55am On Mar 13, 2018
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2018
Justwise
Please your attention is needed
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 15, 2018
Good morning jos4wod,please how much is SAT examination fee in Nigeria currency? Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by NiklausAkins(m): 10:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sister .... Haba... See how you just talk like say the exam was beans...
Lmao...all ye readers beware..the maths sections is simple..agreed..thats if you know maths very well o.. The maths section is very tricky.. Once ur solving is getting too long..just know youve missed.

The second part of the english was on point too..
But my brothers and sisters ..dont let anybody decieve you..except all dose bookworms o.. If you know yourself...no jus boda to read dah passage..asssiinnn the thing longgggg like madddd...its now very confusiing and boring af mehn..
Time is one sure enemy..so i'll advise ..read the first paragraph of the passage ..go straight to the questios..read them. And find the anwser in the passage...ma broda if you read that passage u will.. (reserve ma comment)..

About 35mins into the exam...i only anwsered about 9 questions out of 58...
I had to stop reading the passage immediately...so put your mind on these stuffs
... The passage is long and boring.. And not easy to understand like that..cos it can be on one research about one specie orhow the moon came from black hole...or one rubbish something...

So nor boda ursef to understand the passage cos u no fit

Lizzytiti:
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by NiklausAkins(m): 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2018
My results should be out tomorrow hopefully...
Am not unserious tho, am very sure i'll pass the exam.
But dont underestimate the exam

Our supervisor said ..SAT is a test of TIME...
He told us right there.. Theyre not expecting you to read through the whole passage...but how fast you can get what the writer is saying by scanning through..

To be frank..that comprehension part was just out of it .. About 120lines per Passage and i think it was about 5 or 6 passages.. 65mins and 58questions..

Reading the options alone will take about 20mins of your time...cos the options are also longggg sentences.

Well i wish you luck in your exam...Practise Practise Practise ...make sure you beat time.....once you beat time... Thats all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by NiklausAkins(m): 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
Wow your a bookworm ..will love to know you persinally...

Cos ma SAT Passage was not from this planet o

Lizzytiti:
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Abigalbee98(f): 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2018
NiklausAkins:
Wow your a bookworm ..will love to know you persinally...

Cos ma SAT Passage was not from this planet o

what's ur score
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by NiklausAkins(m): 10:57am On Mar 25, 2018
Results just came out yesterday..well am gonna check tomao in the centre i registered with... I'll say ma score..once i see it...wish me luck..��
Abigalbee98:
what's ur score
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Olalekank(m): 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
NiklausAkins:
Results just came out yesterday..well am gonna check tomao in the centre i registered with... I'll say ma score..once i see it...wish me luck..��
I wish you luck o. You must to do well
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by NiklausAkins(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2018
Seen my result tho..
passed my school's cut off..
Like i said . My English was.. Haha.. Well i still thank God.
Had 1180/1600
So anybody writing SAT..practise your english(Reading Section) well.. Dont be like me..my English was..... Something else..
Wish you luck..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by NiklausAkins(m): 12:33pm On Mar 26, 2018
Am am still reading this lady's comment( the lady that got 1440) and am like some people are smart sha..lol.. Eyy the comprehension that was looking like Spanish in ma eyes..izz wah somebody killed like dah��..
Well all can say is alot of practise will help....
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Olalekank(m): 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2018
NiklausAkins:
Seen my result tho..
passed my school's cut off..
Like i said . My English was.. Haha.. Well i still thank God.
Had 1180/1600
So anybody writing SAT..practise your english(Reading Section) well.. Dont be like me..my English was..... Something else..
Wish you luck..
Can you give a breakdown of your score please?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by NiklausAkins(m): 3:45pm On Mar 26, 2018
Maths 610
English 570
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Abigalbee98(f): 6:22am On Mar 28, 2018
NiklausAkins:
Maths 610
English 570

av u send it to ur school....are u sure dey will offer u scholarship with this...
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Abigalbee98(f): 6:24am On Mar 28, 2018
NiklausAkins:
Maths 610 English 570
wic school are u considering...
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by adewise1: 7:19am On May 14, 2018
Any suggestions on what SAT lesson centers or tutors to use?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by davinchecodes(m): 4:31am On Jun 29, 2018
Pls can someone help me with cost of SAT exams fees in Nigeria
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by marilyn24(f): 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2018
davinchecodes:
Pls can someone help me with cost of SAT exams fees in Nigeria
It's about #40000 online. some tutors or organisations might charge extra
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by marilyn24(f): 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2018
Hello!!!! Let this thread come alive. Everybody Wake up!!!
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by davinchecodes(m): 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2018
marilyn24:
It's about #40000 online. some tutors or organisations might charge extra
Thanks for the Info, God Bless
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
Writing SAT this October?

It's close to already,

You should start now.
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by LadySha: 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2018
Is it possible to runs SAT TEST?
I'm positive I'll pass the English section I scored 105 in toefl but I know I will fail the Mathematics section.
Please reply beneath if you have any info.

PS: Dont judge me

1 Like

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Olalekank(m): 12:59pm On Aug 10, 2018
LadySha:
Is it possible to runs SAT TEST?
I'm positive I'll pass the English section I scored 105 in toefl but I know I will fail the Mathematics section.
Please reply beneath if you have any info.

PS: Dont judge me
I'm sorry but for this, I have to judge you. This is not Nigeria and if you can't read up basic mathematics, how do you intend to read it in the states?

Please do prepare for the SAT test and blast the SAT tests. There are more than enough materials that you can find on here on the internet.
To answer your question once again, YOU CAN'T RUNS IT. YOU EITHER BASED ON YOUR PREPARATION PASS OR FAIL.
Goodluck to you and all the best!
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by LadySha: 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2018
Olalekank:

I'm sorry but for this, I have to judge you. This is not Nigeria and if you can't read up basic mathematics, how do you intend to read it in the states?

Please do prepare for the SAT test and blast the SAT tests. There are more than enough materials that you can find on here on the internet.
To answer your question once again, YOU CAN'T RUNS IT. YOU EITHER BASED ON YOUR PREPARATION PASS OR FAIL.
Goodluck to you and all the best!

Okay... Thanks
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by allymarry89(f): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2018
Good to be here.
I want to apply for nursing in Calhoun Community College and I saw ACT?
Plus I need someone who can guide me through all these, I've not been taking these exams serious but I'm ready now and desperate about. My uncle who is a Prof at Alabama Univeristy chose the school for me?
What do you guys think?
CcJosh4wod

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Security Tips For Nigerians / 241 Nigerians 'voluntarily' Return From Libya / Mini-Truck Carrying Diesel Falls On CMS Bridge, Spills Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.