Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. (17131 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / 774,000 Jobs: Disregard Messages To Go To NDE Offices To Register - Keyamo / I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by MaziOmenuko: 8:07am On Nov 23, 2017
Growingboi:
I need help on how to avoid this please.

I have applied to a particular coy more than 10 times now but all my Applications have been regret responses. I have not been called for interview for once. I always ensure that I meet all the requirements before submitting my application. What do you think its wrong with this issue and what should I do differently?

Stop stalking them!

Its scary when you stalk companies.

Lol...seriously though, once you have been rejected once, theres every chance they will keep rejecting you. Most especially happens in cases of those companies where you will have to register and create a profile before applying. I think your profile is archived in their HR database so unless you have gotten some additional qualification prior to the next advert, the story will remain the same.

Thats why it is advised to be careful while applying for jobs, if you did not meet their criteria, dont apply. Wait until they advertise a position you met.

1 Like

Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by wolesmile(m): 8:07am On Nov 23, 2017
Forget the said company and move on.
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by Maximus85(m): 8:07am On Nov 23, 2017
Growingboi:

Thank you for this advice. I like this company and I wanted to work in the company. I my concern is, it seems they don't even bother to go through my application at all Cox of i submit application today, before same time next day they will just send the regret message. I over pass all the requirement. what could be the issue, what am I getting wrong in the application or does someone mean me among the recruiter there? I keep asking myself

Polish your grammar too. It may be the reason they've been rejecting you.

1 Like

Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by MMMw: 8:08am On Nov 23, 2017
Take one egg, goto their gate and break it at 12 mid night. Then apply again grin

1 Like

Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by darkenkach(m): 8:10am On Nov 23, 2017
Xsem:

Go to Shiloh.

Are you this daft?
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by uscofield: 8:10am On Nov 23, 2017
Growingboi:

I have applied to a particular coy more than 10 times now but all my Applications have been regret responses. I have not been called for interview for once. I always ensure that I meet all the requirements before submitting my application. What do you think its wrong with this issue and what should I do differently?

Read about the owner of alibaba
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by Souljaboi1: 8:12am On Nov 23, 2017
Growingboi:

Let me guess, GE Nigeria. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by chyseth(m): 8:14am On Nov 23, 2017
most likely those adverts you are seeing are meant to move internal candidates around. because of company policy, they had to advertise for the position externally. you didn't know, so you applied. the HR staff don't need to look through your CV before sending you a response, because they already know, they have an internal candidate. this is peculiar with international organizations when recruiting for easily replaceable positions. (don't forget, they have corpers that served with them, that already understands their systems and procedures).

1 Like

Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by osobase01(m): 8:16am On Nov 23, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Stop stalking them!

Its scary when you stalk companies.

Lol...seriously though, once you have been rejected once, theres every chance they will keep rejecting you. Most especially happens in cases of those companies where you will have to register and create a profile before applying. I think your profile is archived in their HR database so unless you have gotten some additional qualification prior to the next advert, the story will remain the same.

Thats why it is advised to be careful while applying for jobs, if you did not meet their criteria, dont apply. Wait until they advertise a position you met.

you just speak my mind bro
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by kissoflife: 8:18am On Nov 23, 2017
Growingboi:

This is definitely General Electric. I have also experienced the same thing.
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by Oti4truth: 8:19am On Nov 23, 2017
Just keep on trying. Don't give up. I believe one day you will be offered job.
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by osobase01(m): 8:19am On Nov 23, 2017
most times if you have created a database and it's stored within the company once u miss the first opportunity when u applied forget it bro

no matter how u tried automatic filtering filters your details out

so watch how bro..... shut happens u have to move on and stop feeling bad
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by gonkin(m): 8:27am On Nov 23, 2017
fecta:
Good morning Nairaland

My advice is for you to start networking and looking for connection.
Because nowadays if you like carry first class, and let me carry 3rd class, as long as the employer is my village person i will get the job.

I wish it was all. My tribe is the opposite. They dont help each other. When they get your cv its like they are scared. My own uncle gave me a job but the catch was i am to give him 50% of my total pay. Even brought agreement for me to sign like say na land i dey buy. FEAR OKPE PEOPLE. They dont help each other. Only strangers

1 Like

Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by SpartanJ: 8:31am On Nov 23, 2017
Hope its not Sabmiller?

1 Like

Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by dingbang(m): 8:33am On Nov 23, 2017
Schlumberger I hail una.. I swear if I become minister of petroleum, not one contract will be awarded to shlumberger

2 Likes

Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by makky555(f): 8:34am On Nov 23, 2017
Are you sure your ex-girlfriend is not the human resource manager? So she's just been dumping your file the minute it gets there angry angry

Lesson; be good to everyone... Lol grin
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by DJMCOTTY(m): 8:36am On Nov 23, 2017
Who do you expect to go and take over from the chief priest in your village? Abeg accept your fate my broda
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by Taiwo20(m): 8:37am On Nov 23, 2017
your village people at work
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by joenor(m): 8:46am On Nov 23, 2017
Not to worry at the appointed time, its shall speak for him self... Kip finger cross.
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by herrdeustch: 8:53am On Nov 23, 2017
If you are so confident that you meet their requirements, then you actually need to call them.
Growingboi:

Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by kalu61(m): 9:10am On Nov 23, 2017
fecta:
Good morning Nairaland

My advice is for you to start networking and looking for connection.
Because nowadays if you like carry first class, and let me carry 3rd class, as long as the employer is my village person i will get the job.
.Which area.
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by Xsem(m): 9:18am On Nov 23, 2017
darkenkach:

Are you this daft?
I am so sorry but I think he has tiri options
1.Going back to school to buoy himself and his cv.
2.Going to shiloh , so that baba will handle im matter.
3.Doing plastic surgery so the company won't recognize him.
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by omoabike: 9:22am On Nov 23, 2017
Growingboi:

Check out this website www.asktheheadhunter.com
Check under resources link and go through the steps.
Information from there would show you how to bypass HR when looking for work in a particular company. It will teach you ways through which you can reach the hiring manager directly. It will change your views on job search and show you how everything you know about job searching is wrong. Best of luck
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by Taiwo20(m): 9:29am On Nov 23, 2017
MMMw:
Take one egg, goto their gate and break it at 12 mid night. Then apply again grin

gbayi
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by Tunagee(m): 9:37am On Nov 23, 2017
Growingboi:

Guy, the truth is, they must have gotten a candidate for the position. I worked for a multinational(MTN)for almost 10 years. What they do is to advertise for a candidate who already owns the job(usually internal candidate) every other person applying is just wasting his or her time, particularly if the position is not a very technically inclined one. I have witness a case where somebody was asking a manager who heads the unit that has the new Job advert, and to my surprise, the manager told the person that the position already has an owner. So he should not bother. This happens in MTN very well. My advise, try other companies, or better still, try to acquire a skill and make itself indispensable by capitalizing on opportunities where ur skill is needed and earn money from financial freedom than all this job seeking full of politics.
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by Tunagee(m): 9:40am On Nov 23, 2017
Growingboi:

Guy, the truth is, they must have gotten a candidate for the position. I worked for a multinational(MTN)for almost 10 years. What they do is to advertise for a candidate who already owns the job(usually internal candidate) every other person applying is just wasting his or her time, particularly if the position is not a very technically inclined one(even if it is) I have witness a case where somebody was asking a manager who heads the unit that has the new Job advert, and to my surprise, the manager told the person that the position already has an owner so he should not bother applying. This happens in MTN very well. My advise, try other companies, or better still, try to acquire a skill and make urself indispensable by capitalizing on opportunities where ur skill is needed and earn money from financial freedom than all this job seeking full of politics.
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by FullDepth1: 9:49am On Nov 23, 2017
jerflakes:
You applied to a company 10 times

You were rejected the first, second and third times

What made you think the other 7 will be different?

LOL... ABRAHAM LINCOLN
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by gabicon: 9:51am On Nov 23, 2017
Growingboi:

Its not that they are purposefully doing this, most Companies now use CV filtering tracking systems, which is a software that picks keywords, age, location and length of experience. Most times you just use one CV for all job application, but one CV doesn't fit all jobs, you need to learn to read the job specification in the job advert and tailor your CV to fit the description thereby making your CV meet the keywords condition of the software.

If you are trying to get into companies like Shell or GE, im afraid it is difficult or near impossible. Why? Shell has a total of 4500 core staffs lets assume that 10% retire every year and they employ 10% every year(a bogus assumption by the way), meaning that they take only 450 staffs yearly, about 1 million people do NYSC every year combine with the people already in the market the competition is mad, to compound issues they give preference to those that studied in Manchester, Aberdeen, Yale (ivy leagues). My advice is get in to a low or mid level company build your expertise then apply to the big companies.

The situation in Nigeria is not different from countries abroad in america 70% of people who come out of college never get to work for companies like google, GE, Mobil etc, they get to work for SMEs. My dad always says something "before you start looking for something in a system, first of all understand how the system works " The sooner you understand how the employment system works the better you will be shocked that some of these low and mid level companies have better working environment and flexibility than the big ones.
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by eyinjuege: 9:56am On Nov 23, 2017
How many times do you want them to tell you they don't want you or require what you have to offer?

Please look elsewhere
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 23, 2017
My brother forget about that and move on. Most of them only advertise for already filled positions but does that to make u feel they are transparent...
Re: This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application. by femicyrus(m): 11:49am On Nov 23, 2017
Do not apply for a while and see if they will still send the regret letter. once you receive it again please go for deliverance

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tricky Interview Questions That Most Jobseekers Fail To Answer / Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story / BAT Trade Marketing Representative Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.