Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

A Call From the Grave - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Call From the Grave (26525 Views)

The Grave / A Call From The Grave (horror Story) / [story] Dance In The Grave Yard – Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Call From the Grave by obindomanya(m): 8:10pm On Jan 28, 2018
Godjone:
make i spread my mat lie down for hear
"here" . "ici "en francais.
Re: A Call From the Grave by ghostwritter(m): 9:44pm On Jan 28, 2018

“It seems I had spent years in here”

“That is what the mind does when in discomfort, it breaks you from the inside and man being what you are, you crave for swift comfort in every possible means causing your mind to jump through time”

There comes a brief moment of silence, it got me scared as I thought I had been left alone again.

“God, please are you there?”

“Yes I’m, you are not alone”

I sniffed the thick, stuffy air that had began to smell so bad, it smelt like a rotten meat “What is that smell?” I sniffed again “where is this smell coming from?”

“That’s you”

I was shocked “Me?”

“Yes you, your mortal body is decomposing”

WHAT!!!!

“Decomposing?” I shouted “How? I thought I’m alive” I was so confused “How can my body begin to decompose while I’m still alive”

“Kenneth, your body is dead, long dead; everything you are experiencing right now is by your soul. Your body is slowly breaking down, tearing and breaking down back into the soil”.

I never felt I was dead, in fact I felt more alive, more energetic, more relaxed and comfortable at the moment than I could ever remember.

“But God” I said “Is this what every dead person goes through, is this what it feels like to be dead?”

“For some Yes and for some No, your soul is still strapped in the coffin because you died carelessly and prematurely”

NOW I’M LOST, WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

“God what does that mean?” I was anxious to know what was going on, It slowly dawned on me that I could just be trapped inside this coffin for eternity. That thought almost made me want to scream my lungs out when God’s voice called out gently to me like a father to a son.

“Kenneth!”

“Yes God”

“Did you know exactly how you died?”

That statement got me really hard, I had never thought of my source of death deeply, I ones again tried to flask back to my last days but I felt stuck, I couldn’t even remember anything anymore. Not the slightest of imagination formed in my mind, everything felt blank.

OR HAS BRAIN CELL COMPLETELY SHUT-DOWN?

“No God” I replied slowly

“And do you wish to know how you died?”

I paused to think for awhile, wondering what my cause of death was like.

“Yes God” I replied in a more uncertain tone

“Come with me, let me show you”

2 Likes

Re: A Call From the Grave by rchilee: 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
Hmmm, serious
Re: A Call From the Grave by Fazemood(m): 3:23pm On Jan 29, 2018
I have brought my water bed and cigar fully relaxed 4 the full show
Re: A Call From the Grave by ghostwritter(m): 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2018

I suddenly found myself in an unfamiliar room with a male and a female both engrossed in their discussion, the two stood talking in the small room. I looked closely and saw it was Felix and Jennifer, I was surprised, I called out their names but they both kept on talking, unbothered and seemed not to care about my presence, likewise Jennifer. I moved closer to tap Felix but my hand just went through him, I was shocked and stood there to figure out what was going on. He was barely covered in his small boxers while Jennifer looked so beautiful and ceremoniously dressed. It was clear to me she was the visitor here.

“But I can no longer keep up with it; I can’t go ahead pretending to love him” Jennifer qietly cried out.

Felix gently grabbed Jennifer’s arms “Please, you have to do this for us, it’s just for awhile” he said calmly as he stared pleadfully into her eyes.
Jennifer turned away her face in displease as she formed to stand in akimbo “Felix, it’s harder than you think, I’m trying hard not to fall in love with him”

“What do you mean by that?” Felix frowned; I could feel his unmistaken tone of jealousy. “Are you trying to tell me you are now in love with him?” he yelled, I saw his vein forming down his forehead.

“That was not what I meant” she slowly turned to face him “Felix, it’s not easy for me to hold back my love for a man who keeps showering me with so much of it”

I saw Felix suddenly struck Jennifer a heavy slap to her face, I was shocked, I rushed to hit him back but my fist swiftly went through his head, I couldn’t touch him or hurt him and that itself hurts me the more. I kept on wondering what was going on between the two, trying hard to then make sense of their conversation.

“So was that why you had to wave it at my face the last time I came to visit?” he asked furiously

I saw tears gathered around her eyes, Jennifer couldn’t control the flow of tears that flowed down her cheek, “But it was you who told me to pre…pre…” she gasped, trying hard to hold back the burst of emotion but she failed woefully “…pre…pretend like you and I had never met, and that was what I did” she cried.

Felix then looked remorseful and from where I stood looking, I sensed he felt so guilty but too proud to acknowledge it to Jennifer, “But you went overboard with it, you appeared like you couldn’t wait to make love to him that evening after the wedding even right in my presence, it made me looked like a fool” he then held her tenderly and said calmly to her “How do you expect me to feel knowing my brother would be having you for the night, it burns my heart”

“What exactly do you want me to do Felix” she gently cried out with her eyes into his. I sensed she was confused and tired of what to do. She continued “I mean how else do you want me to play this game of yours? Please tell me how. You told me attend the party and pretend to fall in love with him, I did. You told me to date him, I did. Even after months of losing contact with him, you told me to find him and fall in love with him again, I did. You told me to get married to him even against my wish, I did all that just because I love…and now you are telling me that I should prevent myself from falling in love with him, how? Felix, please tell me how” Jennifer burst into another round of tears, one I felt erupted deep from her soul.

Felix quickly pressed her upon his large chest, kissed her mouth from crying out loud, “Baby I am so sorry I am making you do all these, it will be over soon” he went on to whisper into her ear.

Jennifer carefully pulled away just enough to conveniently look directly into his eyes “Why exactly are you doing this to him?” she sounded precise and determined before she paused to await answer, “And I want the truth this time, not a single lie” she quickly added pointing a finger to his face.

I saw as Felix sighed deeply, he appeared to me like he was ready to tell Jennifer the truth that moment but he didn’t. Instead, he kissed her ones again more passionately enough for her to push her determination any further, I heard him whispered into her ear in a more sensual tone which I was certain would melt her heart like ice-cream out in the sun “It’s a very long story sweetheart, I just want you to do exactly as instructed and I promise you that when all these is over, you and I will be together forever”. I saw him make a wicked grin at my direction just as he hugged her.

BASTARD! I thought aloud as I stared back at him already knowing the reason for his actions.

4 Likes

Re: A Call From the Grave by phoenixchap: 12:36am On Jan 30, 2018
Kudos ghostwriter....

Following keenly. .

1 Like

Re: A Call From the Grave by Fazemood(m): 11:07am On Jan 31, 2018
I really can't wait to know how this story turns out. Nice 1 Ghostwritter

1 Like

Re: A Call From the Grave by AlamienDagash(m): 12:59pm On Jan 31, 2018
where the class rep at? this too good mehn

1 Like

Re: A Call From the Grave by THEPOTTER(m): 4:40pm On Jan 31, 2018
this is quite intresting but the updates are slow. Must commend you for being able to carry us along. #LEMME GO BACK TO MY GHOST MODE
Re: A Call From the Grave by AlamienDagash(m): 9:38pm On Feb 02, 2018
With Due Respet, Ghostwritter Sir, You've Really Disappoint Us, We Knew You Have A Life Outside Nl To Lead But That Doesnt Mean You Will Only Update Anytime You Felt Like.
Sir, 99.9% Of Your Tremendious Stories Are Uncompleted Such As Lucifer's Key, Corridor Of Hell, Forty Nine Shades Of Me, Edge Of Darkness, The Day I Died And Many More.
(a Question For You) Is It That- Just Because You Know You're Blessed With Creativity Thats Why You Do What You Felt Like To Your Ardent And Loyalist Fans?
(An Advice For You) Take Your Time And Muse, Is It Good To Hurt Someone Directly Or Indirectly? Is It A Must To Write? Is It A Must To Care For Your Fans? Give Us What We Seek Or Just Tell Us To Abandon Your Story! Simple As That!.

How Can You LIVE AND LET OTHERS DIE

101% DEPRESSED,SAD,ANGRY,ANNOYED,VEXED,WRETCHED,FILLED WITH AGONY AND SORROW JUST BECAUSE OF YOU!

10 Likes

Re: A Call From the Grave by akasueba(m): 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2018
AlamienDagash:
With Due Respet, Ghostwritter Sir, You've Really Disappoint Us, We Knew You Have A Life Outside Nl To Lead But That Doesnt Mean You Will Only Update Anytime You Felt Like.
Sir, 99.9% Of Your Tremendious Stories Are Uncompleted Such As Lucifer's Key, Corridor Of Hell, Forty Nine Shades Of Me, Edge Of Darkness, The Day I Died And Many More.
(a Question For You) Is It That- Just Because You Know You're Blessed With Creativity Thats Why You Do What You Felt Like To Your Ardent And Loyalist Fans?
(An Advice For You) Take Your Time And Muse, Is It Good To Hurt Someone Directly Or Indirectly? Is It A Must To Write? Is It A Must To Care For Your Fans? Give Us What We Seek Or Just Tell Us To Abandon Your Story! Simple As That!.

How Can You LIVE AND LET OTHERS DIE

101% DEPRESSED,SAD,ANGRY,ANNOYED,VEXED,WRETCHED,FILLED WITH AGONY AND SORROW JUST BECAUSE OF YOU!
yes boss do something abt it
thanks
Re: A Call From the Grave by ghostwritter(m): 1:08pm On Feb 04, 2018

Ones again I opened my eyes into darkness, at first confused of where I was but the offensive smell and a fluffy material I laid upon soon made me realized I was back into the coffin. Immediately, I called out to God and He answered.

“What was that about?” I inquired half heartedly

“You already know the answer to your question, yes that was Jennifer the woman you loved and Felix the brother you trusted. They had been together for long, Felix used her to get to you, and he had used her to bring about your down fall”.

‘Down fall’ the two words echoed

I was awe-stuck, strangely I couldn’t cry, nor shout out my anger, nor push a blow of frustration, I just laid down hurting within my rotten, stinky body.

I found my voice, more unconsciously this time “How?” I asked faintly.

I MEAN HOW COULD HE BE THIS WICKED, MY OWN BROTHER.

The voice of God ceased to answer even though I could strongly feel his presence, I was certain He knew too well I had careless for whatever answer given but rather His voice asked if I was ready to see what happened next, but before I could give my consent, I found myself somewhere else. It was a space, this time an office. It had a setting that made it appeared it had been occupied by a medical practitioner as there were medical charts on the walls, a white coat hanging on a rack, files and laptop on the table, a name ‘Dr. Williams’ was crested to a steel on the table. I wondered around trying hard to grab the things I saw but my hands kept passing through them.

“What is it God wants me to see?” I said as I carefully walked around the space without seeing anyone in it. I tried to make soft guess on what was to happen. COULD IT BE THERE IS SOMETHING I’M TO LOOK FOR OR PERHAPS I HAD BEEN BROUGHT INTO THE WRONG PLACE. While I kept looking around, the door suddenly swung open and I tried to rush go hide but it was too late as a man then walked into the room, he was carelessly walking directly towards me while I appeared confused not knowing what to expect, I saw him walked right into me to go sink himself on the chair behind the table. I was happy or realizing I probably couldn’t be seen. I saw the man had a stethoscope around his neck and I concluded he was the ‘Dr Williams’ and owns the office. He wasn’t at all familiar even as I looked closely at him. Again the door opened and then I saw Felix walk into the office and sat on the chair in front of the table. I was alarmed, wondering what Felix could be doing there; he looked more relaxed as he sat staring at the doctor who was trying to bring out something from the table drawer. I stood close enough to the both of them beside the table expecting to see what unfolds.

“Here it is” the doctor said pointing a small bottle containing liquid substance towards Felix. “Tell her to be careful while applying it, I will suggest she apply just three drops to whatever drink he takes, it works faster and untraceable when applied to liquid” I heard the doctor recommended before handling the bottled to Felix.

For a moment, Felix carefully observed the small bottle substance like a miner that had just discovered a solid piece of rear-gem. I saw a smile escaped his lips before he asked the doctor if the substance would work the way they had earlier discussed, the doctor nodded his head in agreement while he attested to it that the substance will in fact work perfectly without trace of foul-play, “It will go straight to his heart and make the death look so natural no matter the forensic. Relax Mr. Felix, you have nothing to fear” the doctor smiled. Felix as well smiled more satisfactorily then handed over a bulky brown envelope to the doctor who opened it and looked into it; he immediately wore a wide smile that revealed virtually all his tooth.

“Doctor Williams” Felix called;

“What is it?”

Felix paused for awhile, looked at the doctor like he was thinking over his unspoken words carefully “I will like to propose a deal”

“Of what sought if may ask” the doctor appeared interested.

“Good” I saw as Felix made a wicked grin to the doctor, the kind that tells he was about to come up with something mischievous. “His wife is rich and I will make her believe that I haven’t paid you. I will tell her to transfer the sum of fifty-million into your account to seal up the deal”.

The doctor’s eyes widen in utmost surprise “Fifty-million?” he said slowly.

“Yes. And when it’s all done, I will let you know when to call her again and request for the sum of forty-million naira”

I saw the doctor slowly pushed back his chair, he was shocked and looked amusingly at Felix just the way I was “But that’s too much, forty-million for what again?”

Felix leaned much closer to the table “Tell her you will expose me to the police if she doesn’t, I promise you that she would yield to your threat, I know her” he leaned back to his chair.

“But that’s blackmail”

“Whatever you call it. Are you in or not?” he sounded a bit pushy

I turned to see the doctor who had then appeared confused; he gently ran his hand over his bald head thoughtfully for a moment then consented to such nefarious idea with a rapid nod.

“When it’s all done, I will give you your commission”. Felix firmly shook hands with the doctor and breezed out.

Then it dawned on me that Felix was not just evil minded but he was a devil himself, I realized how deep his hatred for me had eaten into the core of his heart, I saw how desperate and calculative he had gone in planning my death and ruining the life of the woman I had loved, the same woman I thought he loved. Then I saw clearly how perilous my twin brother had been to my downfall.

But all for what?

2 Likes

Re: A Call From the Grave by ghostwritter(m): 1:18pm On Feb 04, 2018
AlamienDagash

shocked cry Sir, I am so sorry. I will finish this story this week by God's grace. I honestly appreciate your words.
Re: A Call From the Grave by Jbfranklin: 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
ghostwritter:
AlamienDagash

shocked cry Sir, I am so sorry. I will finish this story this week by God's grace. I honestly appreciate your words.
bro you are inconsistent. are you in school?.
Re: A Call From the Grave by Adfijem(f): 9:41pm On Feb 05, 2018
It's Really A Gr8 One. Weldone Ghostwriter

1 Like

Re: A Call From the Grave by Fazemood(m): 9:02am On Feb 06, 2018
Good, Gooder... Waiting 4 update Ghostwritter

1 Like

Re: A Call From the Grave by itzwell(f): 2:42pm On Feb 06, 2018
Ghostwriter, where art thou?

1 Like

Re: A Call From the Grave by ghostwritter(m): 11:20pm On Feb 06, 2018

WATCH-OUT FOR ANOTHER MIND-BLOWING STORY SOON TO DROP FROM THE STABLES OF GHOST PRODUCTION INTO NAIRALAND CINEMAS kiss

I am out!

7 Likes

Re: A Call From the Grave by ftosino(m): 7:42am On Feb 07, 2018
the end?
are u jokin, this story is too good to end now na,.
anyway thank you for this wonderful piece
Re: A Call From the Grave by Fazemood(m): 10:13am On Feb 07, 2018
Oh c'mon Bruhv dis can't just be the end. Not when I expected more enticing events.

Pls Ghost, go back and add more brother. I bet this will be a hit. Good work anyways
Re: A Call From the Grave by Fazemood(m): 10:21am On Feb 07, 2018
Mhizsuzzy, come check this story out, say what do you think of this smiley
Re: A Call From the Grave by Kendrickmykell(m): 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
No hard feelings Mr ghost but this is the first work of yours I saw end. And it is deliriously and deliciously served on a gold plate. God bless the work of thy hands. pizz out.
Re: A Call From the Grave by sussybae(f): 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
Kendrickmykell:
No hard feelings Mr ghost but this is the first work of yours I saw end. And it is deliriously and deliciously served on a gold plate. God bless the work of thy hands. pizz out.
sha come and finish lucifer keys,the story is too good to be ignored
Re: A Call From the Grave by ceecane2(m): 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
Thnx for finishing this story. As usual ur talent is wow. Silently waiting for d nxt one
Re: A Call From the Grave by Lotiababe(f): 12:21am On Feb 10, 2018
Prof, bravo. thank you for this
Re: A Call From the Grave by Kendrickmykell(m): 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
sussybae:
sha come and finish lucifer keys,the story is too good to be ignored
I have seen that story. It's not complete. too
Re: A Call From the Grave by Shobizz(m): 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2018
Thanks Boss, u hv got a nice job.

God bless u
Re: A Call From the Grave by mhizsuzzy(f): 6:13pm On Mar 05, 2018
Fazemood:
Mhizsuzzy, come check this story out, say what do you think of this smiley
dont mind my long muteness nah nairaland wey ban me...How far nah...imagine one month ban
Re: A Call From the Grave by Fazemood(m): 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
mhizsuzzy:

dont mind my long muteness nah nairaland wey ban me...How far nah...imagine one month ban

shocked who be dis??
hahahaha. Make I look well shocked
Na sixta mhizsuzzy o. Wetin happen? You just dey lambast pidgin like amala and egusi grin
Re: A Call From the Grave by Godwinfury(m): 5:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
ghostwritter, see me here, You said you have a gift for me active email address: lemuelgodwin2@gmail.com Am expecting it sir.

1 Like

Re: A Call From the Grave by mhizsuzzy(f): 8:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
Fazemood:

shocked who be dis??
hahahaha. Make I look well shocked
Na sixta mhizsuzzy o. Wetin happen? You just dey lambast pidgin like amala and egusi grin

E get one of my male friends wey dey speak am..so wen i am around him i do speak it and the thing don enter my mouth...i dey try shaa but the thing no dey flow wella wella

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Last Wolf Series - Nemesis In Love / NAME the Nairalanders writers And Their Stories That Made U Read All Night / Surviving Evil (thriller)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.