Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,171 members, 7,807,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO (10538 Views)

Chevron Nigeria Appoints Jim Swartz As New MD / First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires / Fidelity Bank Appoints Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe As New MD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Samusu(m): 6:06am On Nov 23, 2017
The Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Plc (NAHCO) has appointed Mr. Idris Yakubu as the substantive Managing Director/CEO of NAHCO with effect from Nov 3‍​.

According to a statetment posted on Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) website, Mr. Yakubu replaces Mrs. Folashade Ode who was the Acting Managing Director/CEO.

Before his appointment, Yakubu was an Executive Director with Skye Bank Plc, and has also worked with Fidelity Bank Plc, UBA Plc and Continental Merchant Bank Plc. He has an extensive experience in delivering agreed Strategic Business imperatives.

In July 2016, he was reappointed by the Central Bank of Nigeria as a Member of the Intervention Board to help stabilize Skye Bank Plc and chart its future following the dissolution of the Bank’s Board by the regulator.
Yakubu holds a Masters’ Degree in Business Administration from the famous Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, a Master’s Degree in Banking & Finance (MBF) from the University of Lagos, as well as a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from the University of Jos.

He attended Executive level training at Harvard Business School, USA; Oxford Said Business School, INSEAD; Wharton School and Kellogg School of Management; amongst many others. He also partook in the Advanced Management Program at the Lagos Business School (Pan Atlantic University) in 2010.

He’s an Honorary Senior Member (HCIB) of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN); Member, Nigerian Chartered Institute of Management (MNIM); Member, Lagos Business School Alumni Association (LBSAA), AIESEC Alumni Nigeria, the Unijos Alumni Association, where He is National President, and lkoyi Club 1938. He is a Member, Governing Council of the University of Jos, amongst others.

He has a distinguished career and wealth of experience, spanning 28 years in Financial Management, Leadership, Strategy, Business Development, Organizational Change and Business Renewal.

Yakubu, who hails from Ika Ajengo, Ankpa Local Government of Kogi State, is happily married.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun and Mynd44

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nahco-plc-appoints-new-md-ceo.html

2 Likes

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by AFONJACOW(m): 7:28am On Nov 23, 2017
chairman chief executive land grabbers association of Nigeria (LGAN) is here to grab another land, make I keep this plot of land for my unborn child... oya poster below me what do you have to say

4 Likes

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Varsitystories(m): 7:29am On Nov 23, 2017
How does that affect the economy, please? Positively?

1 Like

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by lilfreezy: 7:29am On Nov 23, 2017
the few very educated northerners are bagging appointment and promotions anyhow despite the fact that the best brains in the country are from the South. I wonder how Nigeria would be like if only the best brains are from the north, we wouldn't be getting anything tangible

12 Likes

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by kay29000(m): 7:29am On Nov 23, 2017
He has mostly been in the banking sector all his life. Hmm! Hope this ain't the case of a square peg in a round hole.

2 Likes

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 23, 2017
With all these Northerner Agenda
Buhari shall not win 2019 election
He shall lose woefully

7 Likes

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by rentAcock(m): 7:31am On Nov 23, 2017
"He attended Executive level training at Harvard Business School, USA; Oxford Said Business School, INSEAD; Wharton School and Kellogg School of Management; amongst many others."

That's impressive, these are the elitest of the elites, its not moi-moi to have these schools in your CV, those with such impressive resumes are running fortune 500 companies. But I'm highly disappointed, he only received "training" there and no degrees to show for it, so therefore I'm not so impressed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by sashx(m): 7:32am On Nov 23, 2017
Congrats to him
Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by GTCreations: 7:34am On Nov 23, 2017
I'm into interior decorations. Check my thread. I just started and my works are high quality and affordable. Regardless of state, we deliver.
https://www.nairaland.com/4148839/make-house-home-gtcreations
Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by samguru(m): 7:34am On Nov 23, 2017
A man who does not have background in Aviation industry was appointed to Manage aviation handling company?

For God sake what is wrong with Nigerian system?

Soon this man will be at loggerhead with the engineers and other technical staff claiming they are fraudulent and will run the company aground.

I am divesting my small holdings in the company today

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Buharimustgo: 7:34am On Nov 23, 2017
BMC is on duty

3 Likes

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by kay29000(m): 7:34am On Nov 23, 2017
handsomeclouds:
He shall lose woefully

Dude, the man is from Kogi state. Kogi ain't in the North.

1 Like

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by biblegirl: 7:34am On Nov 23, 2017
space booked
Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 23, 2017
North gets it

5 Likes

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by hezy4real01(m): 7:38am On Nov 23, 2017
Mallam no bulletproof cars ko......
Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Franco2017(m): 7:39am On Nov 23, 2017
grin

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 23, 2017
Surprised.... Not angry angry angry
Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by hezy4real01(m): 7:39am On Nov 23, 2017
rentAcock:
"He attended Executive level training at Harvard Business School, USA; Oxford Said Business School, INSEAD; Wharton School and Kellogg School of Management; amongst many others."

That's impressive, these are the elitest of the elists, its not moi-moi to have theses schools your CV, those such such impressive resumes are running fortune 500 companies. But I'm highly disappointed, he only received "training" there and not degrees to show for it, so therefore I'm not so impressed.
You are very wicked ahahahahhahaha

1 Like

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 23, 2017
[quote author=handsomeclouds post=62632976]With all these Northerner Agenda
He shall lose woefully[/quo
Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 23, 2017
kay29000:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Are you serious?

4 Likes

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 23, 2017
handsomeclouds:
He shall lose woefully

lol...but have u forgotten that in democracy.. majority carries the vote?

Also note that those that rant on the social media blogosphere in the entire Nigeria only constitute just 15% of the voting population

1 Like

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by tolguy(m): 7:42am On Nov 23, 2017
lilfreezy:
the few very educated northerners are bagging appointment and promotions anyhow despite the fact that the best brains in the country are from the South. I wonder how Nigeria would be like if only the best brains are from the north, we wouldn't be getting anything tangible
idiot,wre do u knw spart frm ur village

2 Likes

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by kay29000(m): 7:43am On Nov 23, 2017
careytommy7:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Are you serious?

Yes.
Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by anonimi: 7:45am On Nov 23, 2017
Samusu:
The Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Plc (NAHCO) has appointed Mr. Idris Yakubu as the substantive Managing Director/CEO of NAHCO with effect from Nov 3‍​.

According to a statetment posted on Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) website, Mr. Yakubu replaces Mrs. Folashade Ode who was the Acting Managing Director/CEO.

Is anyone surprised
The northernisation agenda of bubu and his 40 thieves cabal continues to the dismay of the southern slaves who made their ride into Aso Rock possible.
What a loss.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2595897_pmbappointmentsofar_jpegae2b0416b4af3fbde5680d20f4407172

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2196652_2192613img20150308wa0022jpeg01d2abf99c3dde19432e34d0ef297c64_jpeg_jpeg08307746a74cf7c65e51b0aba2ff242d

2 Likes

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Samusu(m): 7:46am On Nov 23, 2017
kay29000:

Kogi na north

3 Likes

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Lummygold1: 7:46am On Nov 23, 2017
kay29000:

Bro, kogi is in the North Central alongside with Kwara, Benue, Plateau, Niger and Nassarawa

3 Likes

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Afam4eva(m): 7:51am On Nov 23, 2017
kay29000:

Don't mind him. Kogi is in the south just next to Bayelsa state.

6 Likes

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by DTaj: 7:57am On Nov 23, 2017
How dumb could some people be on this platform? NAHCO is a Plc for Godsake; it is NOT a Federal Government parastatal or agency!!! It has a private Board of Directors! So, what has Buhari got to do with this appointment, dunderheads?

And what stops someone who was an ED in a bank from being CEO of NAHCO Plc?

We could criticize, but people should use their brains! Getting fixated about insulting Buhari regarding everything under the sun is a character of nincompoops!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by Fistop: 7:59am On Nov 23, 2017
Another Northerner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: NAHCO Plc Appoints New MD/CEO by kumakunta: 8:04am On Nov 23, 2017
Any good thing from the north must romance my Alma mata on it way (A.B.U)

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Make $1000 As A Seller On Fiverr In 5 Days / Airtel CUG / Karu Market Abuja Demolished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.