Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify (15984 Views)

Wizkid Becomes UBA Brand Ambassador (Photos) / Wizkid Becomes Part Of Cîroc X Moschino Collaboration (photos) / Davido Becomes The Most Followed Nigerian Artiste On Instagram With 5million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by KingstonDome: 9:22am On Nov 23, 2017
Starboy again!

Wizzy babanla has emerged as the most streamed artiste (Afrobeats genre) with 136 Million total streams.

See the screenshot by Kingston Dome below,

www.kingstondome.com/2017/11/wizkid-becomes-most-streamed-afrobeats.html?m=1

Lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by Holluwaphlexy(m): 9:24am On Nov 23, 2017
unto the ~next~ one

after spending close to 6 years on this forum i finally made a ftc today:........
I just felt like booking space having a feeling that this is a frontpage material
shoutout to all you envying this spot ......try harder next time
ogalala wey my ftc gift nw

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by verygudbadguy(m): 9:32am On Nov 23, 2017
That's whats up. It didn't start today na. He had 55million streams last year.
A lot of people didn't listen to the SFTOS album. I did. I still have the songs. They are truly sounds from the other side. Songs are quite different from the ones we are used to. Intriguing!
I keep wondering why he hasn't shot videos for "Gbese" ft. Trey song and "Dirty wine" ft. Ty dollar sign and "One for me"

In all, the boi is making so much money from streams. Europeans, Americans are enjoying the new sound while some Nigerians are complaining because he didn't do the normal noisemaking songs.

Using spotify minimum payout per stream, 0.006, Wizkid will earn about 600,000 USD singlehandedly from streams in 2017..
Meanwhile if you are a true fan of Wiz, do not hesitate to click the link below;
https://www.nairaland.com/4175678/wizkid-needs-vote-win-best

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by KingstonDome: 9:32am On Nov 23, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by paul4811: 10:09am On Nov 23, 2017
Wizkid is truly a king

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by Kingcesar: 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
Davido most streamed on youtube, wizkid most streamed on spotify, what of my guy shatta wale cry cry cry
Answer = the guy career still they dance one corner for Ghana

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by Oxster(m): 12:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hustle don pay grin

Happy for the KID
Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by purespikes: 12:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
k
Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by BruncleZuma: 12:16pm On Nov 23, 2017

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by binsanni(m): 12:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
hmm
Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by akins177(m): 12:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
Nice 1 boy, keep it up cool
Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by falcon01: 12:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
hmm
Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by MummyJackson(f): 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2017
Frog voice nation wont be happy with this... They wil still come here to argue

8 Likes

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by pol23: 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2017
Wizkid repping.
Davido repping..
Me huzzling..
Someday soon I will be repping too.

15 Likes

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by bugidon(m): 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
Wizzy Wizzy wizkid
Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by Macgreat(m): 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
smiley

This is nice . . .

This is the kind of things that happens to you when you have wallpapers and wall panels installed.

Congratulations wizzy!
Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by Threebear(m): 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
Isn't he like the only modern Afro beat singer?
The Afro genre he adopted since ojuelegba.
Before then he was singing love my baby and holla at your boy.
His desperate fans will find any reason to hype him.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by MrImole: 12:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
So?

Abeg who get garden egg?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by FroshJaynex(m): 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
verygudbadguy:
That's whats up. It didn't start today na. He had 44million streams last year.
A lot of people didn't listen to the SFTOS album. I did. I still have the songs. They are truly sounds from the other side. Songs are quite different from the ones we are used to. Intriguing!
I keep wondering why he hasn't shot videos for "Gbese" ft. Trey song and "Dirty wine" ft. Ty dollar sign and "One for me"

In all, the boi is making so much money from streams. Europeans, Americans are enjoying the new sound while some Nigerians are complaining because he didn't do the normal noisemaking songs.
Lol true bro don't mind Nigerians they are still busy listening to a frog sing �

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by helpmewaka: 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
Finally Zimbabwean students can answer this question in an exam.
Who is the former president of Zimbabwe? (12marks)
grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by registration(m): 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
nice
Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by classicgee(m): 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
He knows what music is all about... Not noise making,wizkid is too good

PS: Davido is also good

But wizkid!!..starboy

Go listen to "for the night" wizkid ft cassper nyovest,classical sound!!

10 Likes

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by Raydans: 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
How is that an award/achievement.

Just an overhyped artist in every little thing.

That is how someone was seriously congratulating him yesterday because he was compared to have similarities with fela. Just Imagine
Fela for that matter.

Too much overatings

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by Threebear(m): 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
MummyJackson:
Frog voice nation wont be happy with this... They wil still come here to argue
Does Davido do Afro beats?
Why would his fans he angry because someone that calls himself an international star did the same number for a whole album on spotify, that Rihanna did with just one single "work "

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by dvkot(m): 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
biggest
Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by Iambehorlah(m): 12:24pm On Nov 23, 2017
Most streamed in Ghana. LMAO.

Kingcesar:
Davido most streamed on youtube, wizkid most streamed on spotify, what of my guy shatta wale cry cry cry
Answer = the guy career still they dance one corner for Ghana
Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by PenlsCaP: 12:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
Whizkid is too overhyped..
Like seriosly way way way way way way way way way way way way way way wayt.. TOO OVERHYPED.. most nigerians are too dunb and gullible.

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by MummyJackson(f): 12:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
Threebear:

Does Davido do Afro beats?
Why would his fans he angry because someone that calls himself an international star did the same number for a whole album on spotify, that Rihanna did with just one single "work "

why are you so pained Did i mentioned davido

I only said frog voice that's all...

Btw shatta wale is among the frog voice team

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by DONADAMS(m): 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2017
what kinda thing is this nau?...So frog voice gang will night sleep today again..na wa oh
Re: Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify by Threebear(m): 12:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
MummyJackson:

why are you so pained Did i mentioned davido

I only said frog voice that's all...

Btw shatta wale is among the frog voice team
Better frog voice than HIV.
Don't you think? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nairalander With Jay Jay Okocha / OAP Omaliicha Hughes Is Glowing In Her Maternity Shoot / Angela Okorie Shares Photos Of Her Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.