Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,994 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:06 AM

Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls (31514 Views)

Reno Omokri Apologizes To Toyin Saraki For Comparing Her With Queen Elizabeth / Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch / Father Mbaka Apologizes To Peter Obi Publicly, Begs For Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by olajay86(m): 10:00am On Nov 23, 2017
http://www.titopeblog.com/2017/11/italy-apologizes-to-nigerian-government.html

The Italian Embassy in Nigeria has apologized to the Federal Government, over the burial of 26 girls who died on the Mediterranean Sea.

This was confirmed by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs, Abike Dabiri-Erewa.

“The Italian Embassy has apologised for the mix up for dates in the burial of the victims of the Mediterranean tragedy. NAPTIP and other agencies will continue to work with Italy and others to stem the tide of irregular migration,” she wrote in a tweet.

The Italian authorities were accused of burying the 26 girls earlier than scheduled.

The bodies of the girls were found on a sinking vessel about two weeks ago.

Reports suggested that they may have been sexually abused before they were murdered.

1 Like

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by gidgiddy: 10:09am On Nov 23, 2017
To be fair, I dont think the Italians should be apologising to Nigeria for buriying the girls.

Its not lile Nigeria would have gone to the sea where the girls drowned to retrieve the bodies if the Italians had not done so

164 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Nwogeh: 10:10am On Nov 23, 2017
Chai...and that's all abi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 23, 2017
Apologies indeed
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by NigerDeltan(m): 10:14am On Nov 23, 2017
If you even ask the dead, they will prefer to be buried there

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by DanseMacabre(m): 10:15am On Nov 23, 2017
I don't get: where they supposed to be cremated before

Abi they should have deported their corpses?

Just the regular bureaucracy that characterises foreign relations and diplomacy, if you ask me.

4 Likes

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by aribisala0(m): 10:16am On Nov 23, 2017
Na wen you kill mad man you go know say him get brother

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Isokowadoo: 10:18am On Nov 23, 2017
Did I hear apologize ?

To a Fg That Neva sympathized With parents of d dead girls?

To an in sensitive Dullard led government, That's Absurb. Truth be, d Girls Wudnt v been retrieved from d high Sea by Fg.

U wud av seen #45Million spent to Bury Nigerian Girls etc

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Khd95(m): 10:28am On Nov 23, 2017
#bringbackourgirls foreign version

4 Likes

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by SalamRushdie: 10:32am On Nov 23, 2017
The Italian govt are really very civil but it seems they dont know that this same Nigerian govt killed over 500 shia women and children in their sleep and also hurriedly buried them in mass graves

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Mynd44: 10:44am On Nov 23, 2017
gidgiddy:
To be fair, I dont think the Italians should be apologising to Nigeria for buriying the girls.

Its not lile Nigeria would have gone to the sea where the girls drowned to retrieve the bodies if the Italians had not done so
They appologized because the burial was earlier than planned. They gave Nigeria a date and the burial was done on another date so the Nigerian government could not get a delegate there

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by ZorGBUooeh: 10:46am On Nov 23, 2017
Apology rejected..Dig there bodies out and send them back home for proper burial..SIMPLE angry
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Kalapizim(m): 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
why the rush to bury them? me thinks the Italian government is hiding something considering the circumstances surrounding their death. Their bodies were found on a Spanish warship, how were they determined to be Nigerians.
The natural thing to do was to conduct an autopsy.

11 Likes

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by MicheyJ1: 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2017
They should not apologize. The Nigerian govt. abandoned this girls and the whole nation by not performing and only looting. They never cared about its citizens so why act like they care now.

7 Likes

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by kay29000(m): 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
Were the girls prostitutes?

1 Like

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by emerazz(m): 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2017
mcheww

1 Share

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by ekems2017(f): 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2017
W
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by seXytOhbAd(m): 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2017
Kalapizim:
why the rush to bury them? me thinks the Italian government is hiding something considering the circumstances surrounding their death. Their bodies were found on a Spanish warship, how were they determined to be Nigerians.

Hide what exactly? Suspicion quickly leads to ignorance. I wish they had even buried them the same day they were found.
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Edonojie007(m): 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2017
Italians,this Country Get Heart Of Love. I Tell You. Just Travel Go There First,and See.
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Okoyiboz3: 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
The body organs of some of those girls were harvested in Italy before being buried.

Be that as it may, these foreign governments give more respect to Nigerians than even the Nigerian Government gives us.

4 Likes

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by ekems2017(f): 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
They are children of a nobody that is why they are treated that way and our govt don't give a damn.

No need for apology. Nothing will happen

1 Like

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Firefire(m): 3:44pm On Nov 23, 2017
Shame on Buhary.

3 Likes

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by dukie25: 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
Big big lie.
Miss Balogun asked them to show transcripts of the conversation since yesterday, still waiting for proof.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by UncleSnr(m): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
What I hoped for. grin
Okoyiboz3:
The body organs of some of those girls were harvested in Italy before being buried.

Be that as it may, these foreign governments give more respect to Nigerians than even the Nigerian Government gives us.
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Funkybabee(f): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
I weep for my country.... Their must be something hidden there which made them to hury .....

Na God go purnish them....they too will witness natural disaster......

What rubbish
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by PenlsCaP: 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
undecided-
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by perezzie(m): 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2017
Kalapizim:
theres more to it indeed, sometin fishy ... well d dead has no tale to tell
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 23, 2017
Kalapizim:
conduct an autopsy? on drowned bodies? and who will pay for it? those bodies would have decomposed in few days, were are the bodies going to be kept while the autopsy takes place?
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Xionez(m): 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2017
What's all the fuss. Wasn't Italy their final destination?. If it were me, i would rather they bury me there. What will Nigeria do with the autopsy?. Use the report to wedge the faulty AC probably.
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2017
perezzie:
theres more to it indeed, sometin fishy ... well d dead has no tale to tell
Unfortunately nigerian government do not care, they don't care about the living let alone the dead.

5 Likes

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Slymonster(m): 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
Why do they need to apologize to a country that didn't respond quickly.They act like as if they care,only because it has brought shame a little to them.It's a pity those migrant got citizenship through death. The kind of people ruling us and the one that claims to be a pastor as vice president is worrisome.
A government that can't take care of it citizens or even close or make that land route rigorous and hard to libya and morrocco which nigerians have been using since i came into this world.Look at the numbers of nigerians that are slaves in libya,have they hold an emergency african union meeting to talk and respond about it.Other European countries are protesting about it but the so call Giant of africa and african union hasn't responded.

Wonder how people from the age of 13,14 to 18 get to go through such route and nothing is done

5 Likes

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by ChappyChase: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
gidgiddy:

I concur!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Shares A Photo Of Nigeria 'before Indiscipline' / Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC / Amaechi: 'I Am Not Aware That I Suspended Hadiza Bala Usman'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.