Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Excuse Me, But We Cannot Ignore. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excuse Me, But We Cannot Ignore. (280 Views)

FCT, Lagos, Ogun Communities Ignore Lockdown Order / 10% Richest Africans Cannot Ignore The Ignominy Of Visas / PDP Reacts At Buhari, Gerba Shehu Over Excuse On Cabinet Delay, Mocks APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Excuse Me, But We Cannot Ignore. by NaijaElba(m): 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
Call me what you may—a pessimist, a cynic, or even go further in your search for an adequate adjective that would especially suit you in this wandering journey to designate me because of what I think this nation of not-too-socioculturally-different-people that are summed-up-under-a-political-name, Nigeria, is, I will always be here wishing you well, and with love. Look, there are only two tribes in Nigeria and they are the tribes of the downtrodden (the masses) and the oppressors (the ruling politicians). Anyone among the masses who lays a claim to ethnicity, and uses it maliciously against others within the same masses is just stupid. The same oppression is what you have everywhere in the country, whether in the North, the South, the West or the East. Nigeria has only a single domestic terrorist, and that terrorist is the Nigerian politician.

The Nigerian politician is the single embodiment of all that is wrong with the country. The Nigerian politician is the reason you think your great-great-grand parents are the ones responsible for your ordeals in life. The Nigerian politician is the one who makes you see the Igbos as the problem of Nigeria and who makes you target them for horrible things. You see, any time you comment on any post on social media and you say the Igbos are the ones giving the country bad names, and that all they know are drugs and crimes blah blah blah. Just remember that the person responsible for that disgraceful and unintelligent thought of yours is the Nigerian politician. You see, whenever you comment on social media and you claim that the reason Nigeria is retrogressing while the world is progressing is because of the Hausa/Fulani and their cows. Just remember that the witch behind your problem is not that dead ancestor of yours, it is the Nigerian politician. And when you comment on any post and that spirit from the lord tells you to write that the Yorubas are cowards and cunny and you know the rest of the things you say on social media. Again, your problem is not spiritual, it is the Nigerian politician.

Sometimes, one just finds it difficult to ignore the level of ignorance that has completely impaired the country. Indeed, It is difficult to collect all this ignorance, put them in a box and apply to the box a special name that would befit it. It is also not clear how to rescue a 'deplorable' from what seems to me to be a perpetual loss of touch with facts and realities. But it is obvious that the greatest of them all is a sociopolitical ignorance. This disease is clearly one that is anti-intellectual.

It is only in Nigeria that people would complain for donkey years that a politician is bad and the next election year when the power rotates back to them, they'll go behind to sell their power and their future for as cheap as 200naira. After doing that, they'll return to church to disturb God again of their problems. I am sure God is laughing at that level of ignorance from wherever. That ignorance is equal to none in any part of the world as far as my small eyes can see. And listen, the problem of Nigeria is not spiritual. The problems of Nigeria are caused by Nigerian politicians so quit seeking spiritual solutions to canal problems. God is not canal!

Now we talk of tithing. I will not even go there. Your pastors are smart people, they will continue to make good money from your ignorance. My hope is that they continue to make as much as they can make from your ignorance and buy as many private jets as they so desire. And hey, I don't believe the Nigerian pastors are the problems of Nigeria. At least you still run to them and they give you hope. The problem is the Nigerian politician. If the education sector were up to the modern standard, you would not be ignorant anymore. It is not necessarily the responsibility of the Nigerian pastor to fix it. You elected someone to do that job and such person takes away at the end of the day the money you willingly give him/her and the ones you did not. That is the person that is politically empowered but who has refused to put things you need for the edges of your brain to get brushed up.

Education is the way out people. It solves many things. No one is born brilliant. Brilliance is acquired somehow along the processes of developing in life and by contact with different things. So, next time you argue that you saw a woman flying and she suddenly turned to a bird, or that a school boy suddenly turned to a yam, or the witches in your villages are the ones responsible for your tribulations, or that mermaids are real, just remember that you are ignorant today because of the Nigerian politician.

(1) (Reply)

The Recent Politicization Of The Education Of 106 Chibok Girls At @aunigeria Is / Nigeria Ranks 127th In Road Quality And Other Sector / NAFDAC Confiscates Over N5m Products In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.