Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

My Regretful Experience With Jumia - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Regretful Experience With Jumia (1355 Views)

Is It Advisable To Purchase Laptops From Jumia? / Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop / Jumia Black Friday 2018- Get Your Desired Laptop On Discount! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Regretful Experience With Jumia by Ndkings1(m): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2017
Fellow nairalanders, I greet y'all.
I ordered for a 32G memory card on jumia on Sunday, the following day I got an email that I should go to their ojota pick up station and pick up my I oder up.
I went there the following day, I got the package and paid but when I got home, after testing it I found out that it is totally corrupted. I formatted it but it still wasn't good. In fact, all the documents I tried moving to it got corrupted. I was more than heart broken to say the least.
I have gone back to the pick up station and complained but the guy said there's nothing he can do about it. He only asks me to call jumia which I tried but the line is not functional. I have also contacted them on Facebook, sent them emails and all yet no response. People I have told about these, have recounted to me their regretful experience with jumia.
I'm now regretting it too. This is my first time of patronizing them. I was only wooed by their black Friday offer.

Please I need suggestions from you all on how to get my money back or get a replacement
I'll also appreciate it if you give me info on how to fix the card.
Thank you all.
Re: My Regretful Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ojota to computer village na 100naira. And yet you go order memory card online.

Sorry o.
Re: My Regretful Experience With Jumia by teresafaith: 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2017
But I have good customer relationship with them, maybe cos its your first time
Re: My Regretful Experience With Jumia by Ndkings1(m): 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
I will greatly appreciate it if the mod moves this thread to the front page. I'm very angry and frustrated.
Below are some photos

Re: My Regretful Experience With Jumia by Ndkings1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
fuckerstard:
Ojota to computer village na 100naira. And yet you go order memory card online.

Sorry o.
Bro, I just dey regret am....
I tell you say na the black Friday thing Dem use woo me....
Re: My Regretful Experience With Jumia by Ndkings1(m): 3:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
teresafaith:
But I have good customer relationship with them, maybe cos its your first time
I don't have any problem with their customer care... My problem is the stuff they sent me is fake
Re: My Regretful Experience With Jumia by udemzyudex(m): 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2017
Jumia black friday na rubbish, I still dey wonder how people still dey fall into their trap.

I prefer make I buy from AliExpress than jumia, cos if anything happen, I go surely get my money back or replacement.
Re: My Regretful Experience With Jumia by samfuntua: 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2017
Bros i don delete my name from Jumia data base yesterday and declared my self minus one customer to Jumia.
because of poor service
Re: My Regretful Experience With Jumia by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
Most times its the seller's who sell on jumia who sell this fake stuff. Jumia should set up a platform to get rid of fake sellers and for bleeps sakes work on your customer care. Amazon and other top e commerce sites always place customers first. If they continue with their crappy customer service, they will end up crashing.
Re: My Regretful Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 24, 2017
I had the same experience last year with same 32gb memory card i ordered for. Did everything but didn't work angry angry They stole the memory card last last undecided undecided Still Thanking the guy that stole it though tongue tongue tongue Don't bother calling dem, nothing will be done about it. Just move on bro, Same Jumia dey owe me sef while i was working wit dem 2015.
Re: My Regretful Experience With Jumia by jeff1607(m): 10:54am On Nov 24, 2017
Igerizee:
I had the same experience last year with same 32gb memory card i ordered for. Did everything but didn't work angry angry They stole the memory card last last undecided undecided Still Thanking the guy that stole it though tongue tongue tongue Don't bother calling dem, nothing will be done about it. Just move on bro, Same Jumia dey owe me sef while i was working wit dem 2015.

dis your own strong oooooo

I wonder how the person who stole it would be feeling now lol

Bad market
Re: My Regretful Experience With Jumia by ryfoz(m): 9:07am On Nov 25, 2017
Ndkings1:
Fellow nairalanders, I greet y'all.
I ordered for a 32G memory card on jumia on Sunday, the following day I got an email that I should go to their ojota pick up station and pick up my I oder up.
I went there the following day, I got the package and paid but when I got home, after testing it I found out that it is totally corrupted. I formatted it but it still wasn't good. In fact, all the documents I tried moving to it got corrupted. I was more than heart broken to say the least.
I have gone back to the pick up station and complained but the guy said there's nothing he can do about it. He only asks me to call jumia which I tried but the line is not functional. I have also contacted them on Facebook, sent them emails and all yet no response. People I have told about these, have recounted to me their regretful experience with jumia.
I'm now regretting it too. This is my first time of patronizing them. I was only wooed by their black Friday offer.

Please I need suggestions from you all on how to get my money back or get a replacement
I'll also appreciate it if you give me info on how to fix the card.
Thank you all.

I know the feeling bro, rule number of shopping on Jumia: NEVER BUY MEMORY CARDS ONLINE!

Go to a store, ask for what you want then check for authenticity marks then pay. On the other hand why couldn't you use trusted agents who are dime a dozen on Nairaland here to place the order: becos it will save you the headache of returns.

Lastly always check the item ratings and if the item you are buying has return policy, though "Jumia" is unaware of d scam but they do have the responsibility to vet every Tom, Dick and Harry seller on their site.

Sorry sir
Re: My Regretful Experience With Jumia by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
Is Like Samsung Memory Card Are Not Just Good.

I Have Bought Samsung Memory Card Twice N Non Last More Than Two Days. They'll Vanish 4rm D Phone.
Re: My Regretful Experience With Jumia by Ndkings1(m): 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2018
Update :
After a countless number of calls, emails and threats, they finally refunded my money.
Thank you all

(1) (Reply)

Need A Cheap HP Or Dell Laptop!! / Toshiba L750 / Make Close To $20 Per Day With Mining

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.