Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:36 PM

PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention (11584 Views)

APC Considers Zoning National Chairmanship Position To The North / PDP Gives Return Tickets To Saraki, Kwankwaso, Tambuwal After Convention / Fresh Crisis Rocks PDP 5 Days After Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

You are very wicked....and i mean it! So South East should the take the incosequential and ceremonial post of Deputy National Chairman South...not minding that SS had taken their fair share of the pie by producing the immediate past president of the country?

Guy be careful!
My dear friend, the truth is that while my emotions is tilted to the Southeast for Vice Presidency, I know that some power play will happen and unfortunately, NO Southeast politician save Ike |Ekweremadu is positioned to be given the Vice Presidency slot. Meanwhile, politics of wits may play out and Ekweremadu may settle for Senate Presidency instead grin.

Nevertheless, the Deputy National Chairman is not inconsequential
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by Yorubaangel(m): 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

God will bless you for your honesty.

The truth is that non of the aspirants from Southwest enjoy support among their fellow party men and women simply because of their antecedents. I want to refrain myself from mentioning names
There's no need of mentioning name... The party is too fragile for now to be handled to anyhow person...
BG asides from corruption baggage, his leadership role in lagos has not produced anything than chaos...
Ladoja is too greedy a politician to be national chairman...
Adeniran is almost cool but can he even control 1/5 of ekiti delegates?
JK lacks experience and he's a yo man to some governors
OGB is as good as BG
Who else?
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hunger is not a good thing you know undecided
SillyMods:

Changing from PDP to APC. And then from APC to PDP. And then from PDP to APDA. And then from APDA to PDP!

All this nonsense in two years?

May I never lose my bearing and be so confused as this Tonyebarcanista. Amen.
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by shollyb4: 6:45pm On Nov 23, 2017
sarrki:
Baba you don go back PDP ?
. Yes ooo
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by staymore: 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2017
Secondus seems to be a preferred candidate to emerge come Dec 9th National Convention. Our great party shall rise again.
PDP!!!!! Power to the People.

1 Like

Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by Cajal(m): 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:

APC na party before
did he say he was in APC.....?...DO not allow APC. to be ur headache brother. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.if Buhari decamps to PDP TODAY, AM 100% SURE THEY WILL OFFER HIM AUTOMATIC TICKET......
Support individual not political party.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by Cajal(m): 7:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
staymore:
Secondus seems to be a preferred candidate to emerge come Dec 9th National Convention. Our great party shall rise again.
PDP!!!!! Power to the People.
.....most likely...... That will give way for SULE LAMIDOE/FAYOSE.....
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by NaijaEfcc: 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2017
Tonyebarcanister you have no shame! No ideology!! Even formed a fictious group!!! You no get level brother!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by PipperLee: 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
You are talking Nonsense Bro
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by nwabobo: 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I am writing this piece as a party faithful that has strong interest in the rebuilding of the Peoples Democratic Party for it to be well positioned to offer Nigerians the leadership they earnestly yearned for ahead of 2019.

It is truism that a lot of people (myself included) got aggrieved by the party as a particular point in time between 2014 and now over one reason or the other, but we had to retrace to build the PDP because it is the only party with popular support across the length and breath of Nigeria and with wide acceptance by the Nigeria people irrespective of age, gender, social status, religion or ethnicity- I make bold to say that no other political party could boast of this.

However, since campaign for aspirants vying for various offices commenced, I (and members of the public) observed that some aspirants and their supporters have been engaging in maligning the image of fellow contestants by employing fabricated contents to blackmail both the party and the aspirants themselves. For the purpose of this piece, I shall concentrate on the office of the National Chairman.

Prelude To The Chairmanship Race
On August 12, 2017, the party held a non-Elective National Convention. The National Convention, being the SUPREME ORGAN of the party made a series of resolution and zoned the office of the National Chairman to the South in the next Elective National Convention, while the party's Presidential ticket for 2019 was ceded to the North. Let me state that the South here is in the context of Southsouth, Southwest and Southeast, while the North is in the context of Northwest, Northeast and Northcentral.

After the National Convention, the National Executive Committee (NEC), the second highest organ of the party after the National Convention met and approved zoning of party offices to be contested for at the December 9 &10 National Convention. The NEC approved the zoning of some offices to the South, which include the office of National Chairman. The NEC did not microzone any of the offices to any of the Six Geopolitical zones, the position of the NEC is that let every interested aspirant from each of the two regions (North and South) aspire to any of the offices, including the office of National Chairman, that has been zoned to their region. This position of the party opened the floodgate for party leaders and chieftains to declare interest for their preferred position.

It was because of this arrangement that party leaders from the South such as former Governor of Oyo State, Chief Rashidi Ladoja, former Deputy National Chairman Chief Bode George, Prof. Tunde Adeniran, Prof. Taoheed Adedoja, Mr. Jimi Agbaje and Chief Gbenga Daniel, High Chief Raymond Dokpesi and former Acting National Chairman Prince Uche Secondus declared their interest to lead the party in the capacity of National Chairman.

What Is The Justification For Malicious Content Against Prince Uche Secondus?
I have been reading some unprintable remarks from a couple of Aspirants and some of their supporters for the office of National Chairman against the person of Prince Uche Secondus, a party leader from the Southsouth, whose only offence was being a highly popular and acceptable aspirant among those that are interested for the office he is running for. It is even more disturbing each time I come to the realization that the recent campaign of calumny against Prince Uche Secondus and the Senator Ahmed Makarfi led National Caretaker Committee is contrary to the provisions of the Peace Pact that was voluntarily drafted and signed by all 8 Chairmanship aspirants.

As a supporter and believer of Prince Uche Secondus project that has been following his campaign activities, I have never at any time heard or seen him maligning his fellow contestants. He has strictly kept himself to his 3Rs, which involves to Rebuild the party, to Reposition it for greatness and to Regain lost ground. What again is the justification of attacks on Prince Uche Secondus person?

I want to appeal to party leaders, contestants and supporters to always have in mind that we are all PDP and calumnious campaign will never work to subdue the choice of members, chieftains and delegates of the party, neither will it kill the spirit of Secondus.

I once again appeal that we remember that we are all PDP and we all have the responsibility to work with the eventual winner so that we can take the party and Nigeria to an enviable level.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
Inioribo Tamunotonye
National Coordinator,
Peoples Democratic Party National Youth League (PDPNYL)
https://pdpysap./2017/11/23/%E2%80%8Bpdp-national-chairmanship-contest-there-is-life-after-convention-inioribo-tamunotonye/

I thought you are now in APDA?
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2017
Yorubaangel:
I believe the SW is holding on to the PH failed convention agreement... I just wish anyone that emerged will be able to unite the party... SW should rather go for VP slot and leave the chairmanship position for SS (my thought)

I concor with you. Let southwest go for vp south east for senate, south south for chairmanship.
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by engineerboat(m): 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
Yorubaangel:
I believe the SW is holding on to the PH failed convention agreement... I just wish anyone that emerged will be able to unite the party... SW should rather go for VP slot and leave the chairmanship position for SS (my thought)

Exactly.

SW should see the bigger picture
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by engineerboat(m): 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
Sarrki to answer your question.

Applied knowledge ia wisdom.

Apply your knoweldge to get the wisdom of which party TonyeBarcanista belongs to from the write up.

Fi oju e riran arakunrin
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
Yorubaangel:
There's no need of mentioning name... The party is too fragile for now to be handled to anyhow person...
BG asides from corruption baggage, his leadership role in lagos has not produced anything than chaos...
Ladoja is too greedy a politician to be national chairman...
Adeniran is almost cool but can he even control 1/5 of ekiti delegates?
JK lacks experience and he's a yo man to some governors
OGB is as good as BG
Who else?
Now you understand... Perhaps Mimiko would have won it for SW
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by Yorubaangel(m): 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
engineerboat:

Exactly.

The issue majority of the contestants are self centred....
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
engineerboat:

Exactly.
You see I think SW should look at the positive side of it
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by Yorubaangel(m): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Now you understand... Perhaps Mimiko would have won it for SW
Yeah sure... Don't know why he's not contesting and his state was also exempted from the SW position sharing they did last week....
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by sarrki(m): 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
engineerboat:
Sarrki to answer your question.

Applied knowledge ia wisdom.

Apply your knoweldge to get the wisdom of which party TonyeBarcanista belongs to from the write up.

Fi oju e riran arakunrin

High ranking wailer its not a fight

Just a question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by Yusman316(m): 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Ngene what is this? Why not let IPOB matter be? Must you drag them into what never concerned them?
But u like dragging PMB to what doesn't involve him abi.
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by engineerboat(m): 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
sarrki:

High ranking wailer its not a fight

Just a question

Did i fight with you now BMC Nairaland coordinator
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by sekundosekundo: 9:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
nwabobo:

I thought you are now in APDA?
lol, Tonyebacanista is a master of political Jumpology.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by engineerboat(m): 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Ngene what is this? Why not let IPOB matter be? Must you drag them into what never concerned them?

Leave the BMC noisenaker alone.

Only good at making noise and diverting attention
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by engineerboat(m): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2017
Yorubaangel:
The issue majority of the contestants are self centred....

Very self centred
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by engineerboat(m): 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2017
Yorubaangel:
Yeah sure... Don't know why he's not contesting and his state was also exempted from the SW position sharing they did last week....

I think Maradona Mimiko is busy planning for his next action after last year election.

Moreso most of these SW contestant did nothing to assist him last year election
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by Afamed: 11:08pm On Nov 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

There was no such agreement, do let me know if any exist
Hope your moniker is not hacked?

Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by anonimi: 7:07am On Nov 24, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Exactly!

I think SW should encourage SE to take Deputy National Chairman (South) so that they can get VP (though I have sympathy towards SE to get the VP slot).

In fact, I prefer VP to National Chairman

How does this help or hinder the RESTRUCTURING clamour?
Will the country's politics only be about sharing positions for dividing the national cake and never about policies on how to MAKE the national cake?
The Fulani owners of naijeriya have cowed all the southerners, despite their book knowledge, to be their eternal slaves.
Otherwise why should a law professor be vice to an illiterate old soldier who is going senile
SMH.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

1 Like

Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by anonimi: 7:14am On Nov 24, 2017
NaijaEfcc:
Tonyebarcanister you have no shame! No ideology!! Even formed a fictious group!!! You no get level brother!!

Is there any major politician in Nigeria that has an ideology apart from sharing the national cake?
Which one? Please name just one.
Thanks.
Meanwhile are you doing anything to ensure we have politicians with ideology in office in our country

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2281191_politricks_jpeg1e074f9e4eb2ed17a7bc4617eb7731cb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3626665_hilarious_jpeg1ecdcdffc482a4c4b104159dc2f70be2

1 Like

Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by Konskott(m): 7:20am On Nov 24, 2017
Did Uche Secondus forget anything in the PDP chairman's office? He has occupied that position before. He should clear out of the way for fresh people to step in.
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by anonimi: 8:29am On Nov 24, 2017
Konskott:
Did Uche Secondus forget anything in the PDP chairman's office? He has occupied that position before. He should clear out of the way for fresh people to step in.

Are you a member of the party or even any party for that matter?
Abi na for mouth to make someone who is well established to clear out?
How much have you or someone you ever donated to a candidate so that fresh people can step into political office

[img]http://tobefree.files./2016/11/orwell_peoplewhoelectcorrupt.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by NaijaEfcc: 9:02am On Nov 24, 2017
anonimi:

Is there any major politician in Nigeria that has an ideology apart from sharing the national cake?
Which one? Please name just one.
Thanks.
Meanwhile are you doing anything to ensure we have politicians with ideology in office in our country

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2281191_politricks_jpeg1e074f9e4eb2ed17a7bc4617eb7731cb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3626665_hilarious_jpeg1ecdcdffc482a4c4b104159dc2f70be2
my brother, it's a shame, I used to look to him but now I have lost respect for him, just like deji said he is just anywhere belle faced hungry guy with no atom of shame and integrity just like sarrki and other BMC guys, am sure if offered the zombie job he will jump at it!! Look at the yeye group he even formed !! Total disgrace!!
Re: PDP National Chairmanship Contest: There Is Life After Convention by barbstee(m): 9:48am On Nov 24, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

God will bless you for your honesty.

The truth is that none of the aspirants from Southwest enjoy support among their fellow party men and women simply because of their antecedents. I want to refrain myself from mentioning names
Guy why are you not answering those questions I know you to be member of APDA when did you defect to PDP?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Lawyers Set To Defend Governor Ganduje At Tribunal / Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits / CBN: Senate Screens Cardoso, 4 Deputy-Directors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.