Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Meet Sly Ayoola Monay, The Original Creator Of Ebuka's "Slay Agbada" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Sly Ayoola Monay, The Original Creator Of Ebuka's "Slay Agbada" (2006 Views)

Davido's Grandfather, Ayoola Adeleke, With US Farmers Union President (Photo) / Pictures Of EBUKA, & Jidenna In Different Outfits. Which Of Them Dresses Better? / Pre-Wedding Photo Of Ebuka Obi-Uchendu's Lookalike Causes Traffic In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Sly Ayoola Monay, The Original Creator Of Ebuka's "Slay Agbada" by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
These past few days, we've been greeted with headlines of Ebuka's agbada which broke the internet. While many people have resorted to screen grabbing pictures in order to have their tailors replicate the style, other's have gone as far as to make enquiries from Ebuka's own designer, just to have this fashion piece in their wardrobes.
While Ebuka's tailor has been praised for his skill in making the piece, many arent aware that the man who invented the masterpiece is a different person entirely who hasnt been given any credit so far.

Meet Sly Ayoola Monay, the original inventor of the agbada that broke the internet.

The young man pictured above created the Deconstructed agbada (as he calls it) in his 2016 collection and it made it's debut showcase at the African Fashion Week London 2016.
I noticed everyone has praised Ebuka's tailor as the creator of the design but I think it's necessary that people know the truth about the creator/originator of the style.
Below are pictures from Sly Ayoola's 2016 collection that features the deconstructed agbada. His website also reveals that the young designer has worked with many celebrities such as Nino B, Of Ukeje, Bryan Okwara, Kunle Remi, Adesua Etomi, among others.

Lalasticlala, Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Sly Ayoola Monay, The Original Creator Of Ebuka's "Slay Agbada" by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
Like play like play, the guy name don dey trend... Na your time bro.. I know say this one go open plenty more doors for you.
Re: Meet Sly Ayoola Monay, The Original Creator Of Ebuka's "Slay Agbada" by Ladycloud(f): 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2017
Whatever worth doing, is worth doing well... smiley
Re: Meet Sly Ayoola Monay, The Original Creator Of Ebuka's "Slay Agbada" by teresafaith: 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2017
I thought we're done with the agbada shiite of a thing
Re: Meet Sly Ayoola Monay, The Original Creator Of Ebuka's "Slay Agbada" by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
Lalasticlala this should be on FP.
Re: Meet Sly Ayoola Monay, The Original Creator Of Ebuka's "Slay Agbada" by PenlsCaP: 9:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
Naao
Re: Meet Sly Ayoola Monay, The Original Creator Of Ebuka's "Slay Agbada" by lilbazy(m): 12:04am On Nov 24, 2017
if its not Ebuka...it can never be like ebuka.
Re: Meet Sly Ayoola Monay, The Original Creator Of Ebuka's "Slay Agbada" by Kobicove(m): 8:57am On Nov 24, 2017
The guy don blow be that
Re: Meet Sly Ayoola Monay, The Original Creator Of Ebuka's "Slay Agbada" by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
Wow cool

(1) (Reply)

"My Soldier" - Wizkid Says As He Shares Adorable Photo With Zion / Toke Makinwa Slays In Her New Dress Her Fans Reacted / Zari, Diamond Platnumz Ex-wife Reacts After Her Sex Tape Was Leaked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.