Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) (3723 Views)

The Global Scam Called Omegapro / The Scam Called GIFTAWORLD Aka AUDIO MONEY / The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by madeofhuman(m): 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2017
Last week Monday (13th November) I ordered a pair of Sony headphones on Jumia which was delivered on Thursday, 16th November at the Oshodi pick-up station. I paid with Jumia Pay. The item delivered wasn't what was described on the website (counterfeit with extra buttons and memory card slot) that wasn't on the item description on the website and I immediately called customer care to schedule a return.

I received a mail from Jumia Friday evening (delivered Saturday afternoon because dead phone) instructing me to return the item at their office at Simbiat Abiola way, Ikeja. I got there Monday morning only to be told by the agents on ground that the outlet was for vendor drop-offs only. They directed me to another office at Pepple Street in Computer village. I got there and was told the same story. I called customer service and was told to take it to the Oshodi pick-up centre instead.

I went to the Oshodi pick-up centre at Bola Tinubu complex on Tuesday morning only to be told by the neighbouring shops that the office hasn't be open in a while. I called customer care and was told to return the next day to check if they were open. I asked for the number of the person in charge of the center and was told there was a network issue and the number could not be retrieved. I went back home.

Later in the day I went back to the centre only to face the same thing: they were not out. During all these back and forth trips I was complaining on Twitter and the response I was getting was bordering on nonchalant. I also got a text from Jumia on Monday reminding me I had 2 days left to return the item.

Wednesday morning I caller customer care again and was directed to another outlet in Oshodi, on Charles Amu street. I got there only to be told the same story that it was for vendor drop-offs and not customer returns. I was juggling my daily activities with running all over town to Jumia offices. Wasting over 1500 Naira on transport.

I called Customer care again Wednesday evening and was told to try return the item to their office at 29 Airport Road and when I got there, to call the customer service for them to speak to the people there. The agent also they'd request for a re-delivery or something and I'd get a mail from them telling me where to go and return the item. Only mail I got was a reminder that I had to return the item to the Simbiat Abiola office that I'd gone to on Monday.

I went to 29 Airport Road this morning, Thursday 23rd November and was told by the agents on ground that if I dropped it there that it would be left unattended to. I tried calling customer service but it was unavailable. From 10am when I got there to 2pm after I'd left to my day's activities, the customer care line was unavailable.

This evening I got a mail telling me the return request had been cancelled since I did not return the item and I may not be able to return it again.

If Jumia cannot accept return of defective items from the customer why do they deceive people that they do? This is pure wickedness and criminal!! What sort of scam are they running there? I am tired and frustrated. Never in my life will I use their service again and I will make sure to tell any and everybody I know not to use their service. They are running a big scam! Any discount you get from them will be paid back in the future with your frustration and tears.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by heendrix(m): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2017
madeofhuman:
Last week Monday (13th November) I ordered a pair of Sony headphones on Jumia which was delivered on Thursday, 16th November at the Oshodi pick-up station. I paid with Jumia Pay. The item delivered wasn't what was described on the website (counterfeit with extra buttons and memory card slot) that wasn't on the item description on the website and I immediately called customer care to schedule a return.

I received a mail from Jumia Friday evening (delivered Saturday afternoon because dead phone) instructing me to return the item at their office at Simbiat Abiola way, Ikeja. I got there Monday morning only to be told by the agents on ground that the outlet was for vendor drop-offs only. They directed me to another office at Pepple Street in Computer village. I got there and was told the same story. I called customer service and was told to take it to the Oshodi pick-up centre instead.

I went to the Oshodi pick-up centre at Bola Tinubu complex on Tuesday morning only to be told by the neighbouring shops that the office hasn't be open in a while. I called customer care and was told to return the next day to check if they were open. I asked for the number of the person in charge of the center and was told there was a network issue and the number could not be retrieved. I went back home.

Later in the day I went back to the centre only to face the same thing: they were not out. During all these back and forth trips I was complaining on Twitter and the response I was getting was bordering on nonchalant. I also got a text from Jumia on Monday reminding me I had 2 days left to return the item.

Wednesday morning I caller customer care again and was directed to another outlet in Oshodi, on Charles Amu street. I got there only to be told the same story that it was for vendor drop-offs and not customer returns. I was juggling my daily activities with running all over town to Jumia offices. Wasting over 1500 Naira on transport.

I called Customer care again Wednesday evening and was told to try return the item to their office at 29 Airport Road and when I got there, to call the customer service for them to speak to the people there. The agent also they'd request for a re-delivery or something and I'd get a mail from them telling me where to go and return the item. Only mail I got was a reminder that I had to return the item to the Simbiat Abiola office that I'd gone to on Monday.

I went to 29 Airport Road this morning, Thursday 23rd November and was told by the agents on ground that if I dropped it there that it would be left unattended to. I tried calling customer service but it was unavailable. From 10am when I got there to 2pm after I'd left to my day's activities, the customer care line was unavailable.

This evening I got a mail telling me the return request had been cancelled since I did not return the item and I may not be able to return it again.

If Jumia cannot accept return of defective items from the customer why do they deceive people that they do? This is pure wickedness and criminal!! What sort of scam are they running there? I am tired and frustrated. Never in my life will I use their service again and I will make sure to tell any and everybody I know not to use their service. They are running a big scam! Any discount you get from them will be paid back in the future with your frustration and tears.

Lol guy dey para grin ...... that why I so love this place walmart nor fit do this to their customers there's complaint office which would address ur complaint same day asap
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by yanabasee(m): 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
This is unjust and delusory...

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
I never buy shyt from jumia, they be certified legal thieves, even Ali express which is known for fake sellers provide customers with a platform for a full refund in case the seller cheated you

3 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by Lovetinz(m): 10:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
I went to 29 Airport Road this morning, Thursday 23rd November and was told by the agents on ground that if I dropped it there that it would be left unattended to.

You should have left it there, it would have been signed for and you would have gotten a refund.
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by madeofhuman(m): 11:02pm On Nov 23, 2017
Lovetinz:

You should have left it there, it would have been signed for and you would have gotten a refund.

They weren't going to sign it. They were just going to dump it there like the lady that attended to me said.
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by IykeWest: 9:48am On Nov 25, 2017
First of all, my brother u have been scammed. Relax, and accept your fate, you cant change it. Secondly, its ur kind dat fill the pockets of yahoo boys all over Nigeria. Please my brother, what is Jumia pay? And as a human being dat u are, someone comes to do biz with u and d person u are doing business with pays u before getting d product, wont u scam such a person? You already handed money to dem via Jumia pay and u expect dem to regard u? I love to order stuffs online, it fill my heart with joy but i always take my brain with me. I do pay on delievery, i unwrap d product, i see it, i touch it, if possible, they follow me and reach my house so i can test it before i hand over d cash. Jumia pay is used to decieve gullible idiots(no offense) they say wen u use jumia pay, they take 2000naira off ur order, u will be jumping up and down thinking dat u have won but u didnt win, they did. Use your head my brother and dont let them chop u again, they fooled u once, shame on dem, but if u allow dem to fool u twice? My brother, shame will be for u. Endure, i know how it feels like to be scammed. But the feeling will pass and for ur sake dont let d lesson u learnt from this pass too. Good luck. We have all been scammed once or twice, so dont feel bad ok? Thank you for reading and please endure, you are a man, be a man now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by biuti(f): 11:58am On Nov 25, 2017
IykeWest:
First of all, my brother u have been scammed. Relax, and accept your fate, you cant change it. Secondly, its ur kind dat fill the pockets of yahoo boys all over Nigeria. Please my brother, what is Jumia pay? And as a human being dat u are, someone comes to do biz with u and d person u are doing business with pays u before getting d product, wont u scam such a person? You already handed money to dem via Jumia pay and u expect dem to regard u? I love to order stuffs online, it fill my heart with joy but i always take my brain with me. I do pay on delievery, i unwrap d product, i see it, i touch it, if possible, they follow me and reach my house so i can test it before i hand over d cash. Jumia pay is used to decieve gullible idiots(no offense) they say wen u use jumia pay, they take 2000naira off ur order, u will be jumping up and down thinking dat u have won but u didnt win, they did. Use your head my brother and dont let them chop u again, they fooled u once, shame on dem, but if u allow dem to fool u twice? My brother, shame will be for u. Endure, i know how it feels like to be scammed. But the feeling will pass and for ur sake dont let d lesson u learnt from this pass too. Good luck. We have all been scammed once or twice, so dont feel bad ok? Thank you for reading and please endure, you are a man, be a man now.

what? So it means you'll scam anyone that pays you before you deliver what one pays for?
That Jumia took advantange of payment before delivery doesn't make it wrong, poeple do that a lot everyday all over the world. Even on our dear nairaland here, there are many dealers poeple pay to directly before getting their goods or service without getting scamed.
May God help Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by IykeWest: 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
biuti:

what? So it means you'll scam anyone that pays you before you deliver what one pays for?
That Jumia took advantange of payment before delivery doesn't make it wrong, poeple do that a lot everyday all over the world. Even on our dear nairaland here, there are many dealers poeple pay to directly before getting their goods or service without getting scamed.
May God help Nigeria.
My dear, There are good people who wont scam u, but they are few. I know someone who makes millions because people trust him, so they pay him before delivery and he delivers as promised and people say good things about him, that he is trustworthy and the good things people say about him brings more customers to his business and he keeps getting richer. Nigerians dont give a Bleep about being trustworthy, just drop money and we go chop u. And later they will be thinking why dont customers come to my shop again? While d ones dat came to ur shop, u cheated dem and u expect dem to come back? Never! Thats what most people dont consider. But all is well. OP messed up, no need disturbing himself over it, best thing for him to do now is to learn and move on. Thats all i gat to say.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by biuti(f): 5:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
IykeWest:
My dear, There are good people who wont scam u, but they are few. I know someone who makes millions because people trust him, so they pay him before delivery and he delivers as promised and people say good things about him, that he is trustworthy and the good things people say about him brings more customers to his business and he keeps getting richer. Nigerians dont give a Bleep about being trustworthy, just drop money and we go chop u. And later they will be thinking why dont customers come to my shop again? While d ones dat came to ur shop, u cheated dem and u expect dem to come back? Never! Thats what most people dont consider. But all is well. OP messed up, no need disturbing himself over it, best thing for him to do now is to learn and move on. Thats all i gat to say.

I understand that many are not trust worthy but I'm sure there are more than you think.
Please, stop spoiling our name by saying "we Nigerian..." You need to get familiar with nairaland business section to know there are still so many trust worthy Nigerians.
No be every Nigerian dey chop person wey drop money, I'll never do that even if I'm starving.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by IykeWest: 6:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
biuti:

I understand that many are not trust worthy but I'm sure there are more than you think.
Please, stop spoiling our name by saying "we Nigerian..." You need to get familiar with nairaland business section to know there are still so many trust worthy Nigerians.
No be every Nigerian dey chop person wey drop money, I'll never do that even if I'm starving.
grin grin grin You are taking this personal o. Like i am spoiling business for u. But i am only saying my mind. U say that you are trustworthy, good and fine, thats not for me or for u to decide, its for your customers to decide. If you are trustworthy, your business will flourish, just like a tiny seed grows into a big tree, your business will grow from nothing to something big but if you arent trustworthy, then you know......

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by biuti(f): 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2017
IykeWest:
grin grin grin You are taking this personal o. Like i am spoiling business for u. But i am only saying my mind. U say that you are trustworthy, good and fine, thats not for me or for u to decide, its for your customers to decide. If you are trustworthy, your business will flourish, just like a tiny seed grows into a big tree, your business will grow from nothing to something big but if you arent trustworthy, then you know......

My point is, stop generalizing when you've not met or transact business with everybody. Thank you
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by IykeWest: 8:24pm On Nov 25, 2017
biuti:

My point is, stop generalizing when you've not met or transact business with everybody. Thank you
grin grin Show me where i generalized grin grin
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 15, 2018
I got the same counterfeit sony headphones brother, I just had to let go, we loose some times also
madeofhuman:

Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by spiralwedge(m): 9:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
Never use Jumia Pay.

Never pay any vendor before delivery of the product, not even for delivery, never!

I prefer Jiji and OLX (personal level tinz). Maybe Konga too but their app aint working again.
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by madeofhuman(m): 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2018
benjman:
I got the same counterfeit sony headphones brother, I just had to let go, we loose some times also

Let go? I pursued the case and they refunded me my money oh. If everybody has that "let go" mentality, nothing will ever get done and no change will happen.

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 26, 2018
madeofhuman:

Let go? I pursued the case and they refunded me my money oh. If everybody has that "let go" mentality, nothing will ever get done and no change will happen.
It's all good, no point in philosophies, I figure you understood what I meant
And if everyone decided not to have the "let go" mentality, it would have been eye for an eye and the world would be blind now
Safe
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by Oye123(m): 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2018
How we allow to Check d item/product order at d pick-up point before making make
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by stevecantrell: 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
biuti:

May God help Nigeria.

True true...
Kasuwa aka Jumia started this pay on delivery madness in 2012, then Konga came on board a year later with the same thing...

Well both have destroyed the thing they created... haha ! Pay on delivery doesnt always equal scam-proof.
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by AstroG: 3:55pm On Mar 30, 2018
They did the same thing to me, I bought a phone and later found out some of the parts weren't working.
Called them and they were talking rubbish,had to destroy the phone
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by praise010(m): 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
Don't give up even if it's 5k product. Send a mail to elchariotlp@gmail.com and they ll assist you
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by Oye123(m): 7:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
praise010:
Don't give up even if it's 5k product. Send a mail to elchariotlp@gmail.com and they ll assist you

can buyer check d item at pick up station before leaving d station of jumia
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by McLizbae: 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2018
Anybody successfully tried a transaction with Jumia deals?
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by McLizbae: 11:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
Anybody successfully tried a transaction on jumia deals?
Re: The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) by stagebyte(m): 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2020
IykeWest:

@Iykewest. I'm forced to believe that you are a scam as well. How can you sound like this? You like many others are one of the reason Nigeria isn't were it's suppose to be globally in technology when you sound like this. See I have paid for products using Jumia pay and I had a fantastic experience. The product was delivered without any glitches. I have also had issues with the products I bought online from jumia. Yes! Jumia has their path to play on this by not having a efficient QA team.
However, that does not mean you so shouldn't "pay for the product you're using". We as Nigerians need to have this mindshift if we really want make online business work. You cannot go to amazon, ebay, costco and target and purchase item without paying for it. It tells me as the buyer that you're serious about getting the item. Remember the guy never complained about jumia not delivering the item or running away with his item. Rather his complain was on getting a defective product. If the guy wasn't satisfied with the product there is a section to review the product so that you can air your views and help other buys see reason not purchase that item from the same merchant. Remember Jumia is marketplace (a distribution network) not your regular ecommerce store.

(1) (Reply)

How A Free Loan Without Collateral Of N200,000 Saved My Business From Collapse / How To Earn #500 Daily Without Any Investment / How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.