Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Palm Wine In Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Palm Wine In Islam (24194 Views)

Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! / Family Planning In Islam / Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palm Wine In Islam by anigbajumo(m): 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
Praktikals:

you can lie for Africa.

Really, prove me wrong with ur fact.Don't even go far,just here is Nigeria. If bokoharam targets other religion they won't stay in North killing Muslims...

Terrorist dominates all Islamic countries, it is out of sense to still call these people Muslim.
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by sorextee(m): 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
Tell us why it is haram...

iamgenius:

There's no confusion in it, IT'S HARAAM.
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by sorextee(m): 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2017
Palmwine cant get u intoxicated. Talking about fresh palmwine. Its only wen it has fermented. Palmwine is very good for d eyes.

What about ur Muslim folks in d north taking codeine, glue, Roche, weed(they even sprinkle lizard droppings on it), those sniffing pit toilet.

Don't dey get intoxicated too?

I agree with u guys that pork is haram cos of its health risk..

ishowdotgmail:
Allah isn't pleased with what gets you intoxicated and misbehave. So palm wine does
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by sorextee(m): 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
The Bosnia massacre/genocide/ cleansing, of July 1995 was a politically motivated movement, which was carried out by d serbian millitary and skorpions para millitary group. It wasnt carried out by xtians..

Its just like saying those killing the Muslims in Myanmar are Christians..
Talking about the rohingya Muslims, history suggests the rohingya pple settled in dat land and killed the real inhabitants of dat place. So the massacre going on there is a revenge mission.

Well, I can't say for sure if its true or not cos we all aint there in d beginning.
Just same way it was written that the Americans wiped out d red Indians and took over their land..

anibirelawal:

Thanks jare. Ask him about the massacare in BOSNIA,maybe he will have a slight knowledge of terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Palm Wine In Islam by anibirelawal(m): 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
sorextee:
The Bosnia massacre/genocide/ cleansing, was a politically motivated, which was carried out by d serbian millitary and skorpions para millitary group. It wasnt carried out by xtians..

Yes, you are on point. that means TERRORISM is beyond religion.
i beleive most of the terror attack you see are just to blackmail islam,and they make it look like that to the world.
e.g. if any true islamic group retaliate the genocide in bosnia as at time,they would have put the blame on them,& labeled them terrorist.
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by anibirelawal(m): 6:36pm On Nov 24, 2017
sorextee:
The Bosnia massacre/genocide/ cleansing, was a politically motivated, which was carried out by d serbian millitary and skorpions para millitary group. It wasnt carried out by xtians..

I can bet you, the people behind terrorism are those that pretend to be our saviour.terrorism has been in existence even before any religion.if i tell you that SLAVE TRADE is act of terrorism,you will argue.yes it is,but it is nothing to talk about.
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by begwong: 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2017
Why una dey divert thread to terrorism issue. Questions is on whether palmy is haram or halal, answer with your fact not any terror thrash!!!
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by Empiree: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
xclusiveguy4:
Salamaleikum brothers and sisters

Please wanna know Islam perspective view about cryptocurrency

As for the palm wine I 'guess' it's not allowed
Walaikum Salaam. This might be helpful to you
https://www.islamicfinder.org/iqra/cryptocurrency-and-islam/

1 Like

Re: Palm Wine In Islam by iamgenius(m): 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2017
coolqayy:
is beaurue de change allowed in islam ?if u can answer that you can relate it to cyptos
BDC is allowed, but it must be done hand to hand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palm Wine In Islam by Empiree: 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2017
iamgenius:

BDC is allowed, but it must be done hand to hand.
exactly.

1 Like

Re: Palm Wine In Islam by xclusiveguy4(m): 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
Empiree:
Walaikum Salaam. This might be helpful to you
https://www.islamicfinder.org/iqra/cryptocurrency-and-islam/
Jazak Allah Khairan

1 Like

Re: Palm Wine In Islam by udatso: 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2017
sorextee:
Palmwine cant get u intoxicated. Talking about fresh palmwine. Its only wen it has fermented. Palmwine is very good for d eyes.
Palm wine is an alcoholic beverage created from the sap of various species of palm tree such as the palmyra, date palms, and coconut palms.

Wikipedia
Do alcoholic drinks get one intoxicated? Yes. Therefore it's Haram.

What about ur Muslim folks in d north taking codeine, glue, Roche, weed(they even sprinkle lizard droppings on it), those sniffing pit toilet.

Don't dey get intoxicated too?

I agree with u guys that pork is haram cos of its health risk..

This is the mistake you guys always make. Saying stuff like " what of so so and so, don't they do this and that ".
When did those addicts become role models Of Islam? Do you emulate someone of bad manners if you want to be good? So stop giving us that example. There are many Muslims that fornicate, consume alcohol and do all forms of fawahish (evil things (rough translation)) and there would always be. So using them to support your claim is illogical.

And by the way, in Islam, just because there is a bigger evil doesn't mean we should then be quite on smaller ones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palm Wine In Islam by AlBaqir(m): 8:36pm On Nov 26, 2017
iPopAlomo:
Moderation is the koko... taking any form of alcohol moderately isn't haram... it gets to haram point when intoxicated...

Read your Quran properly and don't let all these propagandists fool you...

# Sorry man, that is Christian understanding not Islam. In Islam, what is intoxicating in large quantity, is Haram even in small/drop quantity.

2 Likes

Re: Palm Wine In Islam by iPopAlomo(m): 8:43am On Nov 27, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Sorry man, that is Christian understanding not Islam. In Islam, what is intoxicating in large quantity, is Haram even in small/drop quantity.

Do you know the first doctors were Muslims...

Do you know what was used to sterilize their equipment...

Alco-fucking-hol!!!

Go and research it... then come back...
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by iPopAlomo(m): 8:46am On Nov 27, 2017
udatso:

Palm wine is an alcoholic beverage created from the sap of various species of palm tree such as the palmyra, date palms, and coconut palms.

Wikipedia
Do alcoholic drinks get one intoxicated? Yes. Therefore it's Haram.

This is the mistake you guys always make. Saying stuff like " what of so so and so, don't they do this and that ".
When did those addicts become role models Of Islam? Do you emulate someone of bad manners if you want to be good? So stop giving us that example. There are many Muslims that fornicate, consume alcohol and do all forms of fawahish (evil things (rough translation)) and there would always be. So using them to support your claim is illogical.

And by the way, in Islam, just because there is a bigger evil doesn't mean we should then be quite on smaller ones.

Even the Quran speaks of greater evil and lesser evil... stop distorting the truth to push your opinion of Islam on others...
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by udatso: 9:15am On Nov 27, 2017
There's no point arguing with a pompous and arrogant one. You just simply deliver the message and leave him be in his self-confusion
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by AlBaqir(m): 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
iPopAlomo:

Do you know the first doctors were Muslims...

Do you know what was used to sterilize their equipment...

Alco-fucking-hol!!!

Go and research it... then come back...

# Obviously, you are not getting the gist. Islam does not say, "don't use alcohol at all", its consumption whether directly or indirectly, in large or drop quantity is what Islam forbid.

* I am a Chemist with years of working experience, so you don't lecture me on the importance of alcohol.

* What we discuss here is its consumption.

# Alcohol does not only have bad effect on the body but also affects Ruh/Nafs/Aql/Qalb of man tremendously. Anyway, that is spirituality.
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by iPopAlomo(m): 2:32pm On Nov 27, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Obviously, you are not getting the gist. Islam does not say, "don't use alcohol at all", its consumption whether directly or indirectly, in large or drop quantity is what Islam forbid.

* I am a Chemist with years of working experience, so you don't lecture me on the importance of alcohol.

* What we discuss here is its consumption.

# Alcohol does not only have bad effect on the body but also affects Ruh/Nafs/Aql/Qalb of man tremendously. Anyway, that is spirituality.

This is what me I don't like...

Someone quoted me with... don't touch, don't produce, don't sell (alcohol)... you didn't address that... did you...? now me coming up with facts about Arab doctors using alcohol for sterilisation... you're distorting it to "don't consume..."

The Quran doesn't condemn alcohol outright... it is left to your understanding to know... not to overdo things...

As whether we like it or not... alcohol has its importance...

but read this thread from the initial page... not one person quoted the importance... not one...

and you're spilling the "I am a chemist" in my face... why didn't you in your chemist knowledge educate your tmc brothers about alcohol...

You didn't... you know why... because you think I'm an easy target... whereas you're wrong... as much as I'm a Muslim... I've decided to use my brain a lot of the times than listen to anyone's opinion a about Islam...

ma sallam...
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by iPopAlomo(m): 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2017
udatso:
There's no point arguing with a pompous and arrogant one. You just simply deliver the message and leave him be in his self-confusion

Peace be upon you... smiley
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by Empiree: 3:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
iPopAlomo:

The Quran doesn't condemn alcohol outright...
if you are talking about at outstart (of islam), yes. But now, it is ABSOLUTELY HARAM to consume.

it is left to your understanding to know... not to overdo things...
there is nothing like zipping or drinking alcohol a little bit. Thats christian doctrine, sir.

Yes, but it importance is outweighed by its evil. Quran speaks:

"They ask you about intoxicants and games of chance. Say: In both of them there is a great sin and means of profit for men, and their sin is greater than their profit."

Look around you today. Many car accidents, especially in the West are caused by alcohol. There is nothing like drinking little bit.

but read this thread from the initial page... not one person quoted the importance... not one...
Bcuz its importance fades off and reduces to sterilization of medical equipments or to clean wounds. Alcohol for consumption is not allowed for the Muslims, and the alcohol used in wet wipes and other toiletries is chemical alcohol and not literally the consumable alcohol. It shouldn't be an issue in that case.

If you selling or drinking alcohol, you are engaging in haram activities.
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by AlBaqir(m): 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
iPopAlomo:

This is what me I don't like...

Someone quoted me with... don't touch, don't produce, don't sell (alcohol)... you didn't address that... did you...? now me coming up with facts about Arab doctors using alcohol for sterilisation... you're distorting it to "don't consume..."

The Quran doesn't condemn alcohol outright... it is left to your understanding to know... not to overdo things...

and you're spilling the "I am a chemist" in my face... why didn't you in your chemist knowledge educate your tmc brothers about alcohol...

You didn't... you know why... because you think I'm an easy target... whereas you're wrong... as much as I'm a Muslim... I've decided to use my brain a lot of the times than listen to anyone's opinion a about Islam...

ma sallam...

# I'm sorry there's a misunderstanding and incomprehension between messages being posted on this thread and the way you are trying to rationalise it. So, please sit back and read carefully:

* Again for a fact, Qur'an forbid consumption of intoxicants (be it alcohol or cocaine or whatever that intoxicate). Therefore, it is inappropriate using the word "alcohol" instead of "intoxicant".

* Second fact: the word "alcohol" is a family name for several liquid belonging to -OH group. Primary alcohol e.g ethanol is an intoxicant. And normally an absolute ethanol is usually 99% or approximately 100% pure. If you drink it, you will die unless you receive immediate care. Alcoholic drinks is usually 5 - 40% ethanol with the rest 95 - 60% of water (and other ingredients added to it). So, whatever percentage alcoholic drinks/beverages is, Islam says NO to its production, sales and consumption because its effect is not only detrimental to your body but also to your Aql/Nafs/qalb/ruh. And in Islamic spiritualism, ruh/Nafs is the reality of man (haqiqat insaniyyah).

I'd like to mention quickly that ethanol is widely used in various chemical extractions, and the fact that its boiling point is very low (around 78°C), it can evaporate even on standing not to mention by heating. This will help get rid of the ethanol whereby you easily make use of your remnants/extracts (chemical). This, among many other usage of ethanol (like sterilisation), Islam does not have problem with it. In fact, the first person to produce ethanol in the laboratory was not only a Muslim but a scholar by the name of Jabir Ibn Hayyan (Geber to the medieval Europe).

* We also have what is called "secondary and tertiary alcohol" e.g propan 1,2 -diol (propylene glycol) and propan 1,2,3-triol (glycerol or glycerine). The difference between this group and primary alcohol (e.g ethanol) is that the later has just 1 -OH which is very very reactive whereas the former (i.e secondary and tertiary) has more than 1 -OH, hence less reactive. Today, in medicine, cosmetics (especially creams), we make use of propylene glycol and glycerol. Glycerol is very sweet and even edible and it is a very good laxative unlike propylene glycol which has a bitter and burning after taste. Islam does not rule these group of alcohol as Haram because they are non-intoxicants.

Wa salam alaykum.
Re: Palm Wine In Islam by hardeytarhyour(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
PALMWINE is HARAM ! . and Allaah doesn't place our heal/Cure into what He has made Haram for Us,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan / Why Do Muslims Write, Wash And Drink Quranic Surahs. (ountu) / Saudi Arabia Announces August 20th As The Day Of Arafah, The Moon Sighted Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.