Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,389 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded (17871 Views)

Lagos To Reintroduce Monthly Sanitation, Movement Restriction / FG To Reintroduce Tolls On Federal Highways / FG To Reintroduce Bicycle Riding In Abuja - Rotimi Amaechi Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Islie: 10:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
Babatunde Fashola, minister of power, works and housing, says the federal government has concluded the plan to reintroduce toll gates on various highways across the country.

He said this on Thursday while speaking at an interactive session with the senate committee on the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA).

Fashola said they would be reintroduced in 38 points across the roads.

He added that the toll gates would be brought back after the completion of the highways.

“We have concluded plans to reintroduce tollgates across the country,” Fashola said.
“It will be managed by the private sector and it will be located in the old places.

Thirty-eight points across the country.
“We are only waiting for the completion of those roads before we introduce the toll gates.”

The minister added that road users would be able to pay for toll on the roads through their phones, and that the money realised would be used for the maintenance of the roads.

He also said the federal government does not intent to ask road users “to pay toll on a road that is not good.”

“While the construction (of gates) is going on, we are working on the design. We want to standardise the design so that people when we ask people to come and bid for the construction, we can control what they are going to construct,” he said.

“They are going to construct the materials we have prescribed. We can also control the price so that nobody is bidding with disparage prices; there will be the floor and the ceiling. Your price will vary according to how many plazas you build and not because you claim to have used ‘foreign’ materials.

“The last part we are working on is the software that drives the management, audit, and payment of toll fares.”

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-introduce-toll-gates-highways-says-fashola

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by delishpot: 10:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
See money making venture. It's okay o. Let's hope the money raised would be spent well.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by 40kobo77: 10:17pm On Nov 23, 2017
I did not read the story.

But I know surely, it can never be well with Nnamdi Kanu anywhere he is hiding.

So he wants to build toll gates every where in the East?can you imagine?is Kanu mad?who does he think he is?

I mean for this recession?Mad man that Kanu.

Buhari should do something about Nnamdi Kanu please.

Let me go drink my medicine brb.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
I never knew that Arsenal FC were this useless until 23-11-2017

33 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Paperwhite(m): 10:23pm On Nov 23, 2017
In order to generate money to fund the budget again right Useless government of back and forth and trial by error. No consistency in government policies.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by DanseMacabre(m): 10:24pm On Nov 23, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
I never knew that Arsenal FC were this useless until 23-11-2017

I've always suspected, but they confirmed it today.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by cpapa: 10:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
If u try it d thunder DAT will fire u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Damoxy(m): 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
Am I the only person tired of this Administration?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
DanseMacabre:

I've always suspected, but they confirmed it today.
I weak for that team embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Blue3k(m): 10:32pm On Nov 23, 2017
The roads better be good. I want electronic tolls if when it comes and non tolled section. An example in Texas would be TX-360 and President George Bush Turnpike.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by HeyCorleone(m): 10:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
Boosit!

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by 989900: 11:03pm On Nov 23, 2017
Good one as long as the roads are well maintained.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by chinjo(m): 4:02am On Nov 24, 2017
Obasanjo should be called upon to rebuild the toll gates he demolished in the first place.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by baralatie(m): 4:07am On Nov 24, 2017
gbagaun
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Konquest: 4:23am On Nov 24, 2017
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-introduce-toll-gates-highways-says-fashola

^^^^^^
^^^^^^

It's a positive move but a toll gate
like the one at the boundary between
Lagos and Ogun states MUST NOT
be sited there because fatal truck accidents have been occurring there
as a result of the relatively sloppy and
narrow
nature of that part of Lagos-Abeokuta
expressway. Break failures are also
a factor in those multiple road accidents
at the tollgate.

I read in the media from time to time
about the several deaths at the so-called
old toll gate, then you can imagine
what would happen when tolling is
returned.

It should be sited deep into Ogun State
where there is enough space after the
Sona Breweries.

Raji Fasola should make SURE that DEEP
drainages are constructed along badly damaged
expressways such as Lagos-Abeokuta,
Calabar-Itu, Ilorin-Kiama, etc.

The lack of DRAINAGES has led to the
repeated collapse of those roads even
after patching in previous years!
Mr. Raji Fasola must do this in
addition to the reintroduction of
digitally-certified tollgates to avoid
embezzlement by tollway money collectors.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 24, 2017
When I said that Fashola was overrated, some people called me names. I hope they now enjoy his elitist style of leadership. Government of the rich by the rich and for the rich. cheesy

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by meezynetwork(m): 4:45am On Nov 24, 2017
Not funny
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by mrvitalis(m): 4:48am On Nov 24, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
When I said that Fashola was overrated, some people called me names. I hope they now enjoy his elitist style of leadership. Government of the rich by the rich and for the rich. cheesy

Do you have any other ideas to give us consistant good Road in this country apart from taxing car owners and toll gate ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by pointstores(m): 5:24am On Nov 24, 2017
Nawa
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by progress69: 6:07am On Nov 24, 2017
CaptainJeffry:

Wetin u sabi..
Go abroad, u go see tolls u go tire...
The difference is just that u may not see a physical structure everywhere just some places but one small scanner dey debit ur acct as u pass..God help u, u nkr know say na tolled road and no get the pass, dem.go snapnur plate, u go see ur bill house..no pay am and see how money dey grow for ur neck.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by femi4: 6:27am On Nov 24, 2017
Fashola the tax collector

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by EmeeNaka: 6:33am On Nov 24, 2017
Those that opposed this idea during GEJ time will now keep quiet. They will act as if they didn't see this.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by SIRmanjar(m): 6:47am On Nov 24, 2017
May God punish you ad ur children for making life hard for Nigerianz.
From high Nepa bills to failure to provide prepaid meters,Now this.

17 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by olatade(m): 6:52am On Nov 24, 2017
Then, the tax that replaced the toll gate must be removed. OBj swapped the toll gate for a broad tax on all of us

11 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by SHAKABOOM: 6:52am On Nov 24, 2017
SIRmanjar:
May God punish you ad ur children for making life hard for Nigerianz.
From high Nepa bills to failure to provide prepaid meters,Now this.

May God,Allah ad Jesus punish him ad his entire household..Heartless fool forming saint angry

6 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by ivandragon: 6:53am On Nov 24, 2017
in 2012/2013, the administration proposed the same thing & explained that would be the best way to manage key roads... some imbeciles kicked against it... now they see its the way forward...

in 2011/2012, the administration exposed the fraud in fuel supply & sought to curb it by fully deregulating the sector which would have encouraged investors to build refineries... some imbeciles kicked against it & said there was money to pay subsidy... today we have gone that route because it was the way forward...

in 2013/2014, the administration argued that the demands of the educational institutions could not be met & there was a need to renegotiate... imbeciles abused the government & egged the institutions to embark on long strikes... today those imbeciles are castigating the academic unions for being unreasonable...

yet some people called the other administration clueless... they ensured Nigeria would not progress just to achieve their selfish aims...

if we had all agreed to some of the ideas & efforts of the past administration, we would have been at a more advantageous position & far better off than we are today...

lesson:

progress must come before dumb politicking...

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by SIRmanjar(m): 6:59am On Nov 24, 2017
SHAKABOOM:

May God,Allah ad Jesus punish him ad his entire household..Heartless fool forming saint angry
I wonder when they will make prepaid meter available?And phcn is busy disconnecting people that have paid there monthly bill for owing unrealistic amount..Corrupt Criminals.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by NwaAmaikpe: 8:37am On Nov 24, 2017
shocked

One chance government!!!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by HermesParis: 8:37am On Nov 24, 2017
why is this govt so HEARTLESS and insensitive to the plight of the masses

Do they want to wipe out the masses so only them would be enjoying the wealth of this nation

I keep saying this, God blow the trumpet pls... Let everyone find their levels

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by kay29000(m): 8:38am On Nov 24, 2017
Fashola, this is a bad move...a career ender for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by jeeqaa7(m): 8:39am On Nov 24, 2017
Rubbish
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by holatin(m): 8:39am On Nov 24, 2017
if I say make I say wetin dey my mind, trust me e go cause more damage Dan an atomic bomb.

You dated your neighbour and broke
up with him , now you're dating
another guy in your street , and you
said you've moved on, my sister
what you're doing is called "Inter
house sports " You didnt move on,
rather you've moved from Yellow
house to Blue house

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK-Africa Summit: Four British Companies Sign Deals With Nigeria / 45 Passengers Kidnapped As Gunmen Attack Transporters Along Otukpo-Enugu Road / Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.