Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,806 members, 7,893,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 03:40 AM

Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste (29725 Views)

Eudoxie Yao: Fans Struggle To Take Selfies With African Artiste With Biggest Bum / Davido And Cardi B Pictured At MOBO Awards / Davido Poses With Idris Elba At MOBO Awards 2017 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by HyconMojo(m): 1:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
Keneking:
The guy is buying awards with money
Buy your own awards by typing nonsense on nairaland
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by tballeyy(m): 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Can this year get any better?

Utibe's mom died this year
Tagbo died this year
DJ Olu died this year
Chime died this year
Mayowa Ogunbayo died this year.

Of course not!!!

OBO, Omo Aye
The Babymama maker!
If I say Fia Fall on you now,
Dem go say I dey hate like dat
How long will people go down back 2 back just for you to get the money.
I pity all of you who think he is the coolest kid in Africa
thunder fall on u dis weekend
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2017
tballeyy:
and so what? Town cryer
Why didn't you say "and so what" to the OP that is also announcing Davido's Performance? Crawl out my mentions b
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by StoneColdBiceps(m): 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2017
FlirtyKaren:
Just after winning MTV EMA Best African Act 2017, Nigerian singer, Davido just made history again as he will become the first African artiste to perform at MOBO Awards 2017 which will hold at the ‘First Direct Arena’ in Leeds, UK, on November 29.

The Awards show will be hosted by Maya Jama and Marvin Homes, which will broadcast on UK Channel 5 at 11pm. Other acts that will be performing at the event include Cardi B, Krept & Konan, Stefflon Don and Music Week On The Radar stars Yungen  plus Yxng Bane.

Davido was nominated at the MOBO in the Best African Act category. The singer who has enjoyed a great year, goes up against Wizkid, Maleek Berry, Mr Eazi and others.

The singer has already reacted to this news; 

https://www.lailasblog.com/davido-will-become-first-african-artist-perform-mobo-awards/

Good.
A NLer promoting his slam. Song s titled "elegushi. Hi guys, pls check my new slam. Song s titled "elegushi"https://soundcloud.com/user-819300560/jaboo-elegushi
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by Amibranki(f): 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Utibe's mom died this year
Tagbo died this year
DJ Olu died this year
Chime died this year
Mayowa Ogunbayo died this year.

Of course not!!!

OBO, Omo Aye
The Babymama maker!
If I say Fia Fall on you now,
Dem go say I dey hate like dat
How long will people go down back 2 back just for you to get the money.
I pity all of you who think he is the coolest kid in Africa
For Ur Mind Nw U Don Talk? Smh
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by Jackson042: 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
veekid:
Nigga no dey write him own song...... Wetin dey pain wizzy be that

First of all, must artists both locally & globally, have ghost writers... It's not a new thing...

Starting from Jay Z down to Beyonce & Rihanna & many others... all have ghost writers

The main fact is that, these artists all have good ears for music...

There are still artists that have ghost writers but still cannot drop a single hit... it's not because the ghost writer didn't write a good lyrics... but because the artist didn't have the skill set to turn that lyrics into a hit...

i don't know if you understand what I'm saying...

The question you should be asking is, how did Wizkid know that Davido doesn't write his songs? Because they're never in thesame recording studio... or did he say it just to undermine Davido?

Mind you, there's a probability that Wizkid also has a ghost writer...

1 Like

Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by elgramz: 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2017
hirekiller1:
Davido sha
Dem nominate wizkid for best international act he know shout
He no shout because he knows he can't win it!!

1 Like

Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by igbsam(m): 1:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
But wait o...This MOBO show, no be the same human being wey dey attend other shows wey other artist perform go still attend am ?
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by Jackson042: 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2017
teresafaith:
The baba that did it is very strong and effective, can you imagine, within the space he killed them, progress has been flying left, right and center for him

You know, you should remove that "faith" from your name. Because it seems you don't have any...

As if Davido hasn't been progressing right from his song Dami Duro...

Just because he's friends died, every one is saying that he used them for ritual...

Nobody believes that God can lift someone up & make that person successful...

Have you thought for a second that MAYBE, those his friends where planning for his down fall or were planning his death?

What did Psalms 35 say? "Fight against those who fight against me".

2 Likes

Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by femi4: 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2017
AHCB:
You know, if I peek carefully I can almost see the colour of your undies. grin. wink
Asewo

1 Like

Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by femi4: 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
givan:
Until organizers realizes that none of his song is qualified to be played on d fest!
until you have heart attack
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by seenga(m): 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2017
This one go school so?
nmanma1:
Davidson rock on, im strongly proud of u sweetie. keeping on move higher bc ur a destiny child

1 Like

Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by lovely17(m): 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
Keneking:
The guy is buying awards with money

They won't rubbish your success in Jesus name

Ah ahn
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by Henryfocoyo(m): 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
internationalman:
now this is what I call prestige.

Not performing for friends and family at Royal Albert Hall..
davido is not de first africa artist to perform at mobo rada he is de first africa base musician #local artist to perform der
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by freeman95(m): 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lalas247:

Hope Shatta Wale can see this ... instead of him to go and make music “world class music” he busy stalking wish uo n down ... mtcheew

Anyway Davido is aite, I Just think he is slightly arrogant ... furthermore he didn’t hustle or work hard to get to the top .... omo baba olowo
Please bhumble

Better leave that shattawale... Person way no geh any sense
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by Habyz(m): 2:28pm On Nov 24, 2017
internationalman:
now this is what I call prestige.

Not performing for friends and family at Royal Albert Hall..
Slowpoke did his family and friends fill the entire hall?
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by talk2percy(m): 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
Chai...Wizkid will be like...why always him with his frog voice and me with Celine Dion's voice gets almost nothing.
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by stuffs4me(m): 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2017
Kudos to Davido.. Even though you are still second to your king Wizkid

1 Like

Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by danielosagie4(m): 2:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
More grease to your elbow man of the year... wailers FIA fall on all of ona
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2017
trustyshoess:
Meanwhile Wizkid was nominated in 2 categories: Best International Act along with Cardi B, Drake, Kendrick Lamar and DJ Khalid and Best African Act where Davido is also nominated
undecided

Nominated but not to perform. Davido is the first african artist to perform in mobo awards.
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by BiiDii(m): 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
Will he be performing live or mimicking himself via dj back up.
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2017
vowsng:

Nominated but not to perform. Davido is the first african artist to perform in mobo awards.
And Wizkid is the first African Artist to headline a sold out show at the Royal Albert Hall.
Not everyone who's nominated is gonna perform. DJ Khaled is not gonna perform but does that make Davido better than him?....nope
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by ersonleads(m): 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2017
teresafaith:
The baba that did it is very strong and effective, can you imagine, within the space he killed them, progress has been flying left, right and center for him
just STFU! Dirty mind
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by Realkenny(m): 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
TemmyTee82:

Lol. Abeg spare NwaAmaIkpe for us o.

Dude is weird, but we like am laidat.
we ke....speak for yourself
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by Lalas247(f): 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2017
freeman95:

Better leave that shattawale... Person way no geh any sense
Tired of the guy sha...
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by Lalas247(f): 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
Opelwonder:
it's black
Oniranu grin
Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by TemmyTee82(f): 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
Realkenny:
we ke....speak for yourself
On behalf of Nigerian Association of NwaAmaikpe likers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido To Perform At MOBO Awards 2017, Reacts To Being The 1st African Artiste by TemmyTee82(f): 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Timi Dakolo's Wife, Busola Dakolo, Stuns In New Photos / Fan Drags Wizkid To The Ground As He Performs On Stage (Video) / "That Is Not Chioma's Page"- Davido React To Unfollowing Girlfriend On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.