Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? (21084 Views)

Please Is Lekky County Estate (Megamound Estate) Prone To Flooding / Flooding About To Collapse A House In Imo As Woman Cries For Ihedioha’s Help / Hottest Selling Estates On Promo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by markpenk: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2017
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm looking to move to the Island in short order. My single biggest worry is the high risk of flooding on the Island. We know the rains will be here very soon, and I really don't want to experience the flooding that many experienced this year on the Island.

Which leads me to my question: Where are the least flood prone areas on the Island? More specifically, anywhere between Lekki and LBS? -looks like the farther away from LBS the estates and areas are, the less planned/maintained (or maybe someone can educate me?). I'm also open to other suggestions if you have them.

All other things being equal -good security, drainage, roads, gated communities, and planned estates- I'd appreciate your recommendations. Please understand that I'm not particularly worried about rent and living costs per se. Just don't want to deal with a flooded apartment and/or street (okay, maybe the occasional flooded street. Definitely not a flooded home).

The farther away I can be from flood prone areas, the better really.

I'm hoping that this thread would not only benefit me, but also prove to be beneficial to other people who are thinking about doing the same.

Mods... Lalasticlala mynd44 lawyer... please epp me (make I no go become cautionary tale o) grin. Na beg i dey beg o. Please help a brother. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by spartacus11(m): 9:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
Important topic like dis, u won't see people in d know contribute

But if na Onitsha is better dan lagos dey for don full here

17 Likes

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2017
It depends on your budget for rent or land purchase but Graceland estate is nice, it is upland and has good drainage system, was very okay during the flood.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by olaade21: 12:57am On Nov 26, 2017
Northern foreshore estate is well planned and never floods. Avoid chevy view and areas around Agungi.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Turks: 6:53am On Nov 26, 2017
Nowhere is safe on the island. That’s why it’s called an island. It can be submerged anytime!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Kokaine(m): 6:55am On Nov 26, 2017
after ajah... all those abijon, lakowe, awoyaya, bogije, and the elekon beach side. vgc flooding is mainly at the enterance.

2 Likes

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by SokoDobo: 6:55am On Nov 26, 2017
I am here to learn
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by dingbang(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2017
Trust me.... One big tsunami and the entire lekki-ajah is so down....

1 Like

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by chukslawrence(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2017
Make i learn
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by popelix: 6:57am On Nov 26, 2017
Christ the king is today.. put on your dancing shoes and let's go proclaim him king... proudly Catholic... the only true Church

11 Likes

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Albert0011(m): 6:58am On Nov 26, 2017
Here in Rhodes island,we don't know wat is called flooding.
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by fatdon2(m): 6:58am On Nov 26, 2017
Festac
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by money121(m): 7:00am On Nov 26, 2017
Ok

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Adaumunocha(f): 7:00am On Nov 26, 2017
Just buy a canoe or speedboat in case of emergencies.... One can't tell. Its best to b prepared. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by overhypedsteve(m): 7:01am On Nov 26, 2017
The flooding thing could be resolved easily if only our First Class civil engineers are not busy using tweeter to sell themselves. You got First Class and you are stupid enough not to know how to plan your life or make yourself useful. Naija and fake distinctions.
80% of Harvard graduates move on to become employers not employee. Naija First Class student: goes to twitter and tweets give me work because he or she feel entitled to a job. They don't know that it is not your grade that entitle you it is your will, passion and hardwork

RunMyResearch.com provides research writing services to Graduates and Post Graduates of Nigerian Tertiary Institutions and even boast of having served some foreign customers.

Why use RunMyResearch.com?
1. We write a full, complete project research work for you from your own choose topic or we can get a new and unique topic for you.
2. @ Runmyresearch.com we hate plagiarism and our researchers are strictly warned against generating plagiarized research for our clients. We test all our written work with the latest plagiarism test innovations in the industry.
3. We do not just write your project work for you but we also offer a free review and revision to suit the need of our customer even after we are done with your job.
4. Our price is by far the cheapest in the industry.
5. When you write your project research with https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ you can be sure of the best and this is because most of our researchers are lecturers and authorities in their respective fields.
6. https://runmyresearch.com have a Live chat feature where you can communicate live with the researcher assigned to your work and keep track of the progress of your work.
7. We deliver within schedule. Our researchers work very hard to make sure that we deliver even before the deadline agreed upon.

So what are you waiting for? Join us at https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ and get the very best from your project research writing for post graduate and undergraduates.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by money121(m): 7:01am On Nov 26, 2017
fatdon2:
Festac

Festac na mainland not Island

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by mamaafrik(m): 7:02am On Nov 26, 2017
Una wan live separately to form classy abi,Oya leme help u ask the yemoja?............................................,wait must u live dere even after ur inner mind is preaching "FLOOD" to the choir

1 Like

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by mamaafrik(m): 7:02am On Nov 26, 2017
Una wan live separately to form classy abi,Oya leme help u ask the yemoja?............................................,wait must u live dere even after ur inner mind is preaching "FLOOD" to the choir,oloowo n foworaku

1 Like

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 26, 2017
Why worry bro? Come to Banana island get an appartment of 15 million naira and you know no flood.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by leykeh: 7:03am On Nov 26, 2017
the best place u can ever think of is banana island...
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by 2cato: 7:03am On Nov 26, 2017
Ajegunle
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 26, 2017
They should demolish the entire Lagos and start all over. Very bleeped up structure.

2 Likes

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by checkedout: 7:10am On Nov 26, 2017
ismokeweed:
They should demolish the entire Lagos and start all over. Very bleeped up structure.

So you never well since all this yr?

I give up on your mattter

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by demolaxl(m): 7:16am On Nov 26, 2017
Come and buy land in bogije or abijo for 6.5m per plot..Governor's consent..no flooding..All dry perfect land...call Grace 08060020301(whatsapp), 07051216175
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by triple996(m): 7:17am On Nov 26, 2017
I Don tire 4 dis country self

1 Like

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by suteco16: 7:19am On Nov 26, 2017
No area in Lagos is safe, they are prone to tsunami!
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by nativedoctor(m): 7:25am On Nov 26, 2017
markpenk:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm looking to move to the Island in short order. My single biggest worry is the high risk of flooding on the Island. We know the rains will be here very soon, and I really don't want to experience the flooding that many experienced this year on the Island.

Which leads me to my question: Where are the least flood prone areas on the Island? More specifically, anywhere between Lekki and LBS? -looks like the farther away from LBS the estates and areas are, the less planned/maintained (or maybe someone can educate me?). I'm also open to other suggestions if you have them.

All other things being equal -good security, drainage, roads, gated communities, and planned estates- I'd appreciate your recommendations. Please understand that I'm not particularly worried about rent and living costs per se. Just don't want to deal with a flooded apartment and/or street (okay, maybe the occasional flooded street. Definitely not a flooded home).

The farther away I can be from flood prone areas, the better really.

I'm hoping that this thread would not only benefit me, but also prove to be beneficial to other people who are thinking about doing the same.

Mods... Lalasticlala mynd44 lawyer... please epp me (make I no go become cautionary tale o) grin. Na beg i dey beg o. Please help a brother. Thanks.

you may want to try the following estates coming from lekki phase 1 towards LBS

1. Nicon town (quite expensive though)

2. Still water gardens

3. Discovery gardens (on the right just before igbo efon. it's not visible from the express. access road not so good)

4. Napier Gardens (on the right Just before VGC. no flooding, 24/7 electricity)

5. Graceland estate ( just before Abraham Adesanya)

I am an estate surveyor and valuer. call for professional services on the island

08033342296, 09098132990

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by talkless07: 7:30am On Nov 26, 2017
Canada 5yrs work permit visa link open now call me if you can afford it no deposit but its 3m. zero eight zero three two seven zero six two seven seven.
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 26, 2017
Try diamond estate off the new ShopRite Novare mall road , the roads are interlocked and at least I have never seen it flooded b4 even during the last heavy rain. It has security, central water system but no central power supply. Road from estate to lekki epe express way is paved too due to ShopRite I guess. Only duplexes in estate. There are also many estates on that ShopRite road.
Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

80-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death As Fire Guts Building In Kwara (Photos) / Latest Prices Of POP Cement & Fibre Cement Ceiling Board In Edo/delta State / Own A Home In Abuja Through Easy Mortgage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.