Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,965 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? (21082 Views)

Please Is Lekky County Estate (Megamound Estate) Prone To Flooding / Flooding About To Collapse A House In Imo As Woman Cries For Ihedioha’s Help / Hottest Selling Estates On Promo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by nativedoctor(m): 11:12am On Nov 26, 2017
[quote author=bigtt76 post=62725178]OK thanks a lot.

[/quote

a friend is developing a block of 11 studio apartments in Chevy view estate.
It's about 80% done and has ground floor parking.
I think he will put it a generator for sanity's sake.
The finishing is extremely top notch ( infact I wondered why he spent so much on a one bedroom apartment in Chevy until if discovered that he imports the materials for sale).
We have not fixed the rent but it will hover around N1m per flat.
Will be ready in about 6 weeks.
You may wish to take a look
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Grabbeast: 11:27am On Nov 26, 2017
nativedoctor:

you may want to try the following estates coming from lekki phase 1 towards LBS

1. Nicon town (quite expensive though)

2. Still water gardens

3. Discovery gardens (on the right just before igbo efon. it's not visible from the express. access road not so good)

4. Napier Gardens (on the right Just before VGC. no flooding, 24/7 electricity)

5. Graceland estate ( just before Abraham Adesanya)

I am an estate surveyor and valuer. call for professional services on the island

08033342296, 09098132990

You can lie,

How can a native doctor be an estate surveyor. sad

1 Like

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 26, 2017
Grabbeast:

You can lie,

Hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 26, 2017
victord1st:

Pls I need to know your opinion on Oral estate just after the second toll gate. Can you do a short review,thx.

I cannot do a comprehensive review of Oral estate given the time it will require and also largely to the fact that i am not getting paid to do so, but i will give you my opinion of the estate.

Oral is housed in-between Ikota Villa Estate and Orchid Hotel road , it is less than a minute drive from the second toll gate. The estate was conceived out of the need to have a small community designed with a neighbourhood concept in mind ( schools, recreation, religious houses, hospitals, playgrounds ) all within one neighbourhood. A group of people came together, an association was formed and its individuals bought lands in oral estate solely to achieve this dream. Lands are also sold to anyone who might be interested in buying into the estate.

It was originally modelled after VGC which is designed by HFP. But they learnt well as not to make the same mistakes as HFP in terms of poor drainages and sewer system.

The estate has a master design in terms of infrastructure but individuals can build any housing design they desire but still following laid out plans for set infrastructure.

There is no service charge set to the estate now but I'm sure that would come in due time. Development is still ongoing but you can see visible infrastructures in place, paved roads, streetlights, drainages and an estate gate. The estate isn't susceptible to flood because it was well thought off but anyone buying into it will still have to do the usual raft foundation and also follow the estate guidelines to creating flowing drainages.

It is a mixed development estate so you have Duplexes. Terraces and Flats.
Housing Rate in Oral are as follows
Duplex sale: 45-65m, Rent: N2.3-N3.5m
Flats sale: N20-35m, Rent: N1.1m- 2m
Terraces sale: N45-55m, Rent N1.8m -3m

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by spartacus11(m): 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
Kobicove:

Anyone who can afford to buy prime real estate of about N100 million should not be worried about paying toll charges of max N300!

Imagine, i tire for some people
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by victord1st: 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ollymurs:

I cannot do a comprehensive review of Oral estate given the time it will require and also largely to the fact that i am not getting paid to do so, but i will give you my opinion of the estate.

Oral is housed in-between Ikota Villa Estate and Orchid Hotel road , it is less than a minute drive from the second toll gate. The estate was conceived out of the need to have a small community designed with a neighbourhood concept in mind ( schools, recreation, religious houses, hospitals, playgrounds ) all within one neighbourhood. A group of people came together, an association was formed and its individuals bought lands in oral estate solely to achieve this dream. Lands are also sold to anyone who might be interested in buying into the estate.

It was originally modelled after VGC which is designed by HFP. But they learnt well as not to make the same mistakes as HFP in terms of poor drainages and sewer system.

The estate has a master design in terms of infrastructure but individuals can build any housing design they desire but still following laid out plans for set infrastructure.

There is no service charge set to the estate now but I'm sure that would come in due time. Development is still ongoing but you can see visible infrastructures in place, paved roads, streetlights, drainages and an estate gate. The estate isn't susceptible to flood because it was well thought off but anyone buying into it will still have to do the usual raft foundation and also follow the estate guidelines to creating flowing drainages.

It is a mixed development estate so you have Duplexes. Terraces and Flats.
Housing Rate in Oral are as follows
Duplex sale: 45-65m, Rent: N2.3-N3.5m
Flats sale: N20-35m, Rent: N1.1m- 2m
Terraces sale: N45-55m, Rent N1.8m -3m

I hope this helps.

You have already done a good review,I appreciate your opinion.Thx

1 Like

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by spartacus11(m): 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2017
Billyonaire:

You are wrong. I live here and I own prime estates worth more but I worry about recurring N300 or N250 etc. The reason is very simple. If you own prime real estates here, then you should know that you will own businesses and staff that requires fleet of cars going through those toll gates.

I am not sure you know our budgets here for our cars needless to say I shouldn't worry about payment on yet the 3rd toll gate on this axis.

We do not steal the money, we work hard here so we worry about spending even 1 kobo without justifiable reason.

Na u tay d road?
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by spartacus11(m): 12:36pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ollymurs:
First I want you to note that the topography of the island is just slightly above sea level hence prone to flooding, so if you are moving here please have that at the back of your mind.

However there are still areas that are properly planned with good drainage systems and water channels that minimizes the effects of flooding.

If the cost of leasing/ renting a place isnt an issue for you, then the few estates and areas I can recommened to you that isnt susceptible to floods are

Still water Gardens Ikate: Rent N3.5m Yearly Duplexes
Friends Colony Estate Osapa N4m Duplexes, N2.8-N3m Flats yearly
Romay Gardens Estate Ilasan N4m Terraces
Victory Park Estate Osapa: Duplexes N4-5m yearly
Pinnock Beach Estate Osapa: N6-7m Duplexes
Nicon Town: N10-15m yearly Duplexes
Carlton Gate Estate Chevron N5-7m yearly Duplexes
Primewaters Estate Ikate Lekki: N3m
Lakeview Estate Ikota : N4-5m Duplexes
Royal Gardens Estate Ajah: N4-6m duplexes
Silver point estate Osapa Terraces : N3.5M

Note that aside these estates there are other areas you might likely wish to consider, some parts of ikate, osapa, chevron, lekki right hand side.

If you want a more comprehensive detail of these areas and more places you can mention me.

I hope this helps

Na mini flat me i want ohhhh, or one room self contain among this estates u just listed
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by spartacus11(m): 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2017
bigtt76:
I work on the Island hence my preference and also not ready to start furnishing more than a self-contained apartment. I currently stay at Elegant Court, Ajah and it is all I would ever want but the estate is completely run down - no electricity power for more than a month now despite the neighborhood having constant supply. Same thing with water supply. In terms of location it is just right for me but for these issues I'm pissed. I also don't want to have a generator.

Can we rent a 2 bedroom flat together?
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by villybest(f): 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2017
Since budget is not your problem, I suggest Nicon town and Acadia groove estate, the don't flood.
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by moshino(m): 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2017
talkless07:
Canada 5yrs work permit visa link open now call me if you can afford it no deposit but its 3m. zero eight zero three two seven zero six two seven seven.

Under which Canada Immigration Program do you get a 5yr work permit?
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by overhypedsteve(m): 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
RapportNaija:

And don't you think will, passion, and hardworking gave them the first class?

Why do you think major companies regard class of degree high? Because they believe candidates who can replicate the hardworking to get a degree can do the same on the job.

So, if I strive hard to get a First class, I should languish away and not beg for a job because I'm not entitled ba?

Harvard blah blah! my mother is a Edioot! Like Harvard is in Nigeria, and Nigeria has the same environment with the US.

My Father should
Shut up forever!
why this mumu they curse him parents?
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by nativedoctor(m): 2:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
Grabbeast:

You can lie,

Just a moniker bro

1 Like

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by phreakabit(m): 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
MCastle:
Magodo phase2 is far better
Call:08161333339
For any property in Lagos and Abuja

You don't know anything about marketing!

1 Like

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by bigtt76(f): 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
That's lovely but 1M shocked service charge inclusive? How do I get to view the place?

[quote author=nativedoctor post=62726048][/quote]
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Afritop(m): 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
Turks:
Nowhere is safe on the island. That’s why it’s called an island. It can be submerged anytime!
I TIRE WHY PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR DRYLAND IN AN ISLAND. ITS LIKE AN ILLITERATE LOOKING FOR LAND TO BUY BUT DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE WANTS

1 Like

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Afritop(m): 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
markpenk:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm looking to move to the Island in short order. My single biggest worry is the high risk of flooding on the Island. We know the rains will be here very soon, and I really don't want to experience the flooding that many experienced this year on the Island.

Which leads me to my question: Where are the least flood prone areas on the Island? More specifically, anywhere between Lekki and LBS? -looks like the farther away from LBS the estates and areas are, the less planned/maintained (or maybe someone can educate me?). I'm also open to other suggestions if you have them.

All other things being equal -good security, drainage, roads, gated communities, and planned estates- I'd appreciate your recommendations. Please understand that I'm not particularly worried about rent and living costs per se. Just don't want to deal with a flooded apartment and/or street (okay, maybe the occasional flooded street. Definitely not a flooded home).

The farther away I can be from flood prone areas, the better really.

I'm hoping that this thread would not only benefit me, but also prove to be beneficial to other people who are thinking about doing the same.

Mods... Lalasticlala mynd44 lawyer... please epp me (make I no go become cautionary tale o) grin. Na beg i dey beg o. Please help a brother. Thanks.
YOU NEED TO DEFINE AN ISLAND IN YOUR VOCABULARY
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by bigtt76(f): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
Where? And how much each?

spartacus11:

Can we rent a 2 bedroom flat together?
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by spartacus11(m): 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
bigtt76:
Where? And how much each?

At d island, I've been looking for affordable self contain, but it has been difficult and some aee overpriced

And it looks to me that 2-3 bedroom apartment is easier to get if only one can have someone to share d cost with

I will be in Lagos by next week or 2 if u are serious

I really don't know my way around lagos, since you're already living in Ajah we can work on something together and share d cost
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by RGem(f): 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2017
ismokeweed:
They should demolish the entire Lagos and start all over. Very bleeped up structure.

I Said these exact words to a friend some days ago!
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by jackyraw09: 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ollymurs:

Although i didnt mention Napier Gardens on that list, Napier Gardens are bungalows of 3-4bedroom with usually a room bq and they have a rental value of between N2.5-2.8m, However if you desire a selfcon at Napier please note that what you would get is a bq in these bungalows, it is an ensuite bq with a toilet and bath but no kitchen and the rooms arent big.

I currently do not have any bq for rent at Napier Gardens, but if you are serious about your request I can contact a few colleagues to ask.

If you are ok with the above description of how a selfcon at Napier is please give me a mention and i will send you my contact

How much is those bq? Send me ur contact
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
jackyraw09:

How much is those bq? Send me ur contact

I dont get your question, are you asking how much it is to rent the bq at Napier Gardens or are you asking how much the bungalows at Napier Gardens Cost?

You can reach me on 08027853079
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by YOUNGELDER1(m): 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
fatdon2:
blood of Buhari, John wetin u dey do here

Lol you dey craze been here for long as a guest and now .. You open one for me then which I don forget the password .. NL is home . I do see you comments often but just decide not to quote you yet ..
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by YOUNGELDER1(m): 4:59am On Nov 27, 2017
fatdon2:
blood of Buhari, John wetin u dey do here

Lol � you don turn here to your house .
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by fatdon2(m): 6:52am On Nov 27, 2017
YOUNGELDER1:

Lol � you don turn here to your house .
guy na my house be this o, e remain small self i for become moderator
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by YOUNGELDER1(m): 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
fatdon2:
guy na my house be this o, e remain small self i for become moderator

Lol enjoy
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Konquest: 11:24am On Apr 11, 2018
nativedoctor:

2. Still water gardens

3. Discovery gardens (on the right just before igbo efon. it's not visible from the express. access road not so good)

I am an estate surveyor and valuer. call for professional services on the island

08033342296, 09098132990
^^^^
^^^^
Great info. Thanks.
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Konquest: 11:25am On Apr 11, 2018
adeolaademuluyi:
Try diamond estate off the new ShopRite Novare mall road , the roads are interlocked and at least I have never seen it flooded b4 even during the last heavy rain. It has security, central water system but no central power supply. Road from estate to lekki epe express way is paved too due to ShopRite I guess. Only duplexes in estate. There are also many estates on that ShopRite road.
Cheers
^^^^
^^^^
Great info... Thank
you.
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Konquest: 11:26am On Apr 11, 2018
markpenk:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm looking to move to the Island in short order. My single biggest worry is the high risk of flooding on the Island. We know the rains will be here very soon, and I really don't want to experience the flooding that many experienced this year on the Island.

Which leads me to my question: Where are the least flood prone areas on the Island? More specifically, anywhere between Lekki and LBS? -looks like the farther away from LBS the estates and areas are, the less planned/maintained (or maybe someone can educate me?). I'm also open to other suggestions if you have them.

All other things being equal -good security, drainage, roads, gated communities, and planned estates- I'd appreciate your recommendations. Please understand that I'm not particularly worried about rent and living costs per se. Just don't want to deal with a flooded apartment and/or street (okay, maybe the occasional flooded street. Definitely not a flooded home).

The farther away I can be from flood prone areas, the better really.

I'm hoping that this thread would not only benefit me, but also prove to be beneficial to other people who are thinking about doing the same.

Mods... Lalasticlala mynd44 lawyer... please epp me (make I no go become cautionary tale o) grin. Na beg i dey beg o. Please help a brother. Thanks.
^^^^
^^^^
Nice topic and thread... Only the paranoid survive! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Dremca(m): 3:26pm On May 25, 2018
Does orborne foreshore in ikoyi flood, please write review on it.
Ollymurs:

I dont get your question, are you asking how much it is to rent the bq at Napier Gardens or are you asking how much the bungalows at Napier Gardens Cost?

You can reach me on 08027853079
Re: Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? by Konquest: 11:57am On Sep 25, 2018
nativedoctor:

2. Still water gardens

08033342296, 09098132990

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

80-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death As Fire Guts Building In Kwara (Photos) / Latest Prices Of POP Cement & Fibre Cement Ceiling Board In Edo/delta State / Own A Home In Abuja Through Easy Mortgage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.