Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (50162 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Edu3Again: 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
dhardline:
grin grin grin grin these men are seriously trying to protect their investments. They don't even talk about sins that seek to destroy the eternal soul which is the most important but instead talk about Worldly vanities that will perish with earth every single one of it. What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul? SMH for those being deceived.
You've said it all, their concern is simply money.

purem:
Daddy freeze really got this man hard o grin
Freeze is shaking them all.
I believe God dey us am to set captives free.

rozayx5:
Pastor should stop emphasizing this tithe stuff already

Makes the church look like a business center

Na wetin dem don turn am to, pure business centre

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
I paid my tithe and there was no difference in my finances this month angry

Upon all tithe our tickets no green. E no go better for all these scammers parading as pastors. Na medium stout dey hail grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Lexusgs430: 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
FaniDan:
.Amen

Are you joining my crusade ?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Sanchez01: 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
LadyOfgrace:
Are you sure he said that? the media is always looking for what to "shook" inside Oyedepo's mouth.

You all want what to talk about, oya all the busy bodies food don come o undecided
Oyedepo has always been a garrulous, hot tempered fellow. He does not necessarily need the media to twist his words.

I stopped paying tithe earlier this year and I have never known a year I gave this much. Freeze might be uncouth but his stance on tithing is correct.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by lastmessenger: 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:

You go the universities??

Poor man
poor man? If working in a multinational company and taking a six figure salary equals poverty then no problem.God knows that even if I become rich like dangote,my children will never go to such school like covenant university. Not because the school is bad but because I have a different idea of how a proper university should be run.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by tizzle(m): 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2017
so it applies to only Christians so non christians who don't pay tithe will be blessed i know so many succesfull christians/non christians who don't pay their tithe.. i also know christians who have been paying tithes all their life but are still miserably poor...

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by lastmessenger: 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2017
Sunnah1:

The rate of those school fee?
I don't really care much about how much he charge as school fees. Universities are not cheap to run. Those who can't afford the school should look for public university.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by arherfish(m): 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2017
I pay tithe but my question is

Does paying tithe gives u Grace than other Christian

Can a man give God anything he doesn't have.

Please Nigerian Pastor should not be encouraging legalism but seek the salvation of God.

Salvation was bought with the blood of Jesus not through tithe.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by pentzuatzil(m): 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
Then dont pay for next month and see if the 10 percent dropped will change ur life next month.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by openmine(m): 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
martineverest:
So true

I saw Bill gates, Jeff bezos, Berlusconi etc begging at ojuelegba bustop last night.

SMH. We now know the truth... Nothing will ever make me pay tithe
buhahahahaha

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by DEOLINX: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
The commandment to tithe was part of the Law that Jehovah God gave to the 12 tribes of ancient Israel more than 3,500 years ago. That Law decreed that a tenth of the produce of the land and fruit trees and a tenth of the increase of the herds be given to the tribe of Levi in support of their services at the tabernacle.—Leviticus 27:30, 32; Numbers 18:21, 24.

Numbers: 21 And unto the children of Levi, behold, I have given all the tithe in Israel for an inheritance, in return for their service which they serve, even the service of the tent of meeting. ... 24 For the tithe of the children of Israel, which they offer as a heave-offering unto Jehovah, I have given to the Levites for an inheritance: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.

The Law did not specify a penalty for failing to tithe, but each Israelite was under a strong moral obligation to support true worship in this way. In fact, Jehovah accused Israelites who neglected tithing in Malachi’s day of ‘robbing him in tithes and offerings.’ (Malachi 3:8, New International Version) Could the same charge be leveled at Christians who do not tithe?

Well, consider. National laws are not normally valid outside a country’s borders. For example, the law that obliges motorists in Britain to drive on the left does not apply to drivers in France. Similarly, the law requiring tithing was part of an exclusive covenant between God and the nation of Israel. (Exodus 19:3-8; Psalm 147:19, 20) Only the Israelites were bound by that law.

In addition, although it is true that God never changes, his requirements sometimes do. (Malachi 3:6) The Bible states categorically that the sacrificial death of Jesus, in 33 C.E., “blotted out,” or “abolished,” the Law and with it the “commandment to collect tithes.”—Colossians 2:13, 14; Ephesians 2:13-15; Hebrews 7:5, 18.

In essence, Under the Mosaic Law, a tenth of the produce of the land and a tenth of the increase of the herds and flocks were given to the Levites yearly to support them. The Levites gave a tenth of this tenth to the Aaronic priesthood to support them. There were some additional tithes as well. Tithing is not required of Christians.

However, contributions to support true worship were still needed.

The apostle Paul did not cajole fellow believers to give. In fact, Macedonian Christians who were “under affliction” and in “deep poverty” had to ‘keep begging him with much entreaty for the privilege of kindly giving and for a share in the ministry destined for the holy ones.’—2 Corinthians 8:1-4.

True, Paul encouraged the more affluent Corinthians to imitate their generous brothers in Macedonia. Even so, observes one reference work, he ‘declined to issue directives, preferring rather to request, suggest, encourage, or appeal. Spontaneity and warmth would be absent from the Corinthians’ giving if coercion were present.’ Paul knew that “God loves a cheerful giver,” not one who gives “grudgingly or under compulsion.”—2 Corinthians 9:7.

In summary, Tithe as we know it today is not tithe as it was in the mosaic law, which has been abolished:

Colossians 2:13 ---Furthermore, though you were dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcised state of your flesh, God made you alive together with him. He kindly forgave us all our trespasses 14 and erased the handwritten document that consisted of decrees and was in opposition to us. He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake.

Ephissians 2:12 At that time you were without Christ, alienated from the state of Israel, strangers to the covenants of the promise; you had no hope and were without God in the world. 13 But now in union with Christ Jesus, you who were once far off have come to be near by the blood of the Christ. 14 For he is our peace, the one who made the two groups one and destroyed the wall in between that fenced them off. 15 By means of his flesh he abolished the enmity, the Law of commandments consisting in decrees, in order to make the two groups in union with himself into one new man and to make peace

Conclusion: Read this bible verses:

Hebrew 7: 5 True, according to the Law, those of the sons of Leʹvi who receive their priestly office have a commandment to collect tithes from the people, that is, from their brothers, even though these are descendants of Abraham. 6 But this man who did not trace his genealogy from them took tithes from Abraham and blessed the one who had the promises. 7 Now it is undeniable that the lesser one is blessed by the greater 8 And in the one case, it is men who are dying who receive tithes, but in the other case, it is someone of whom witness is given that he lives. 9 And it could be said that even Leʹvi, who receives tithes, has paid tithes through Abraham, 10 for he was still a future descendant of his forefather when Mel·chizʹe·dek met him. 11 If, then, perfection was attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for it was a feature of the Law that was given to the people), what further need would there be for another priest to arise who is said to be in the manner of Mel·chizʹe·dek and not in the manner of Aaron? 12 For since the priesthood is being changed, it becomes necessary to change the Law as well. 13 For the man about whom these things are said came from another tribe, from which no one has officiated at the altar. 14 For it is clear that our Lord has descended from Judah, yet Moses said nothing about priests coming from that tribe

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by mema900: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
Has he paid his own tithe?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by theapeman: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
kense88:
They don't really believe in second coming of jesus christ. Just deceiving people for there own gain. It actually reflects in the actions
I'm telling you!

all what most pastor preach about is money money money money and more money!

I stop going to church a long time ago and start enriching myself with the word of God.

these days is the day were false prophet will be in abundance. we are truly in the end time era!

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by lastmessenger: 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
ehissi:

Respect is carnal, honour is spiritual
I respect him.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by urahara(m): 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
yemmight:
A lot of successful individuals that i know who dont give tithe. Instead of being beggars, they have remained givers. A lot of emphasis on tithes in Nigeria.

The man no get sense

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by kense88: 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
Horlufemi:
If you tithe and you don't have increase it falls to two things. God is a fraud or your Pastor is a fraud.

Since God cannot be a fraud, then automatically your pastor is a fraud.

It's simple
You too sabi book my brother

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Emereu(m): 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
THINKING ABOUT TITHE PAYMENT TODAY
The entire Christian community is constantly reminded of Malachi 3:10 and warned seriously of the grave dangers of not paying tithes to the man of God or the church depending on where the speaker wants to put emphasis on.
Some religious groups that before now latently discussed tithe are gradually bringing it to the front burner. Her members are reminded to bring their tithes so that the church will grow.
Beyond these discussing, an average Christian ought to know exactly what the word of God says.
POINT 1
Abraham paid tithe voluntarily even before the law of tithing was given.
Gen 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all
POINT 2
When the law of tithing was finally given, four different types of tithes existed and were designed to serve different purposes.
Type 1 – General purpose tithe given by the tithe payer specifically to the levites who were empowered to collect tithes by the lord.
Num 18:26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.
Lev 27:30 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD'S: it is holy unto the LORD.
Lev 27:32 And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD.
Type 2- Tithe of Tithes. Inside the levites existed the family of Aaron which produced the priests. After collecting the tithes from the tithe payers(Israelites), the levites were directed by God to take a tenth of it (tithe) and give to the family of Aaron.
Neh 10:38 And the priest the son of Aaron shall be with the Levites, when the Levites take tithes: and the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes unto the house of our God, to the chambers, into the treasure house.
Type 3 – Personally consumed tithe. God designed that yearly a tithe payer should enjoy himself from his proceeds. But he must do this only at Jerusalem himself and his entire family.
Deu 14:22 ¶ Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.
Deu 14:23 And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.
There was a clause here concerning money.
Deu 14:24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee: 25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: 26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household
Type 4 – tithe for the orphans, less privileged, strangers and widows.
Deu 14:28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: 29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.
Deu 26:12 ¶ When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;
The tithe payer here is to say a special prayer designed by God.
Deu 26:13 Then thou shalt say before the LORD thy God, I have brought away the hallowed things out of mine house, and also have given them unto the Levite, and unto the stranger, to the fatherless, and to the widow, according to all thy commandments which thou hast commanded me: I have not transgressed thy commandments, neither have I forgotten them: 14 I have not eaten thereof in my mourning, neither have I taken away ought thereof for any unclean use, nor given ought thereof for the dead: but I have hearkened to the voice of the LORD my God, and have done according to all that thou hast commanded me. 15 Look down from thy holy habitation, from heaven, and bless thy people Israel, and the land which thou hast given us, as thou swarest unto our fathers, a land that floweth with milk and honey
POINT 3
Look at these passages below and you will agree all of the discussion on tithes has nothing to do with money, even though money was in circulation at that time.
Deu 12:17 Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings, or heave offering of thine hand:
Deu 14:22 ¶ Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.
Lev 27:30 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD'S: it is holy unto the LORD.
Lev 27:32 And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD.
Neh 13:12 Then brought all Judah the tithe of the corn and the new wine and the oil unto the treasuries.
From the foregoing, it would not be difficult for the reader to appreciate why God was not happy with the people of Israel for robbing him. Those being addressed in Mal 3:8-10 understood God better and could appreciate his concern.
Mal 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
POINT 5
Christ came and lived under the law Gal 4:4 but frown at the methodology of the tithe collection and the undue emphasis placed on it payment by the Pharisees of his days.
Mt 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Lu 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
A man even boasted about his regularity in tithe payment while Christ was on earth.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess
An interesting point here is that Christ lived under the Old Covenant and the church today operates under the New Covenant.
Heb 7:11 ¶ If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Stating from the beginning of the Church until recently,(precisely in the 1500s), the church had existed without Christian paying tithes.
Two major reasons could be fetched out.
1. The church is for the whole world and a practice given to a single nation operating an agrarian economy could not be foist on all mankind.
2. Like circumcision, it had to die with Judaism. That old priesthood following the order of Aaron is replaced with a priesthood of all believers with Christ as our only high priest.
2Pet 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
Wait for just a minute
• Tithe was not money in the Bible, today it is money.
• Tithe was stored in a storehouse in the temple. Today it is stored in banks being held for the men of God.
• The tithe payers then were not priest and gave to the priests. Today we are all priests and still give to senior priests.
• The temple was a physical building and had a store house. Today we are the temple of the living God.
• The church in the New Covenant is not the temple in the Old Covenant. The church is not a physical building.
• The four ways tithe payers operated in the Old Covenant is sharply different from what is practiced today.
• Paul was the most widely travelled missionary and would have enjoyed the benefit associated with tithes, yet he was completely silent about the issue.
Christians today are to give for the growth and spread of God’s word.
1Cor 16:1 ¶ Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
2Cor 8:12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.
2Cor 9:6 ¶ But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
Even the men of God were accommodated.
Gal 6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things
1Cor 9:11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
1Cor 9:14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel
The payment of tithes today by Christians is a mix up of God’s directives.
Although the tithe payer may be thinking he is right in doing so, it still does not make it right.
Although the tithe payer may be seeing results, the end does not justify the means if God does not give approval.
There is no direct command to Christians to pay tithe to the church.
The first century church did not pay tithes to the church.
Act 2: 44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
I pray this lesson will edify you and demand that you give to the lord beyond measure.
Come and study with church of Christ near you for undiluted word of God taught as his word directs.
Scripted by Mike Udam and powered by Evangelismportal2017

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by urahara(m): 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
OtemSapien:
Thief Oledepo is a clown cheesy
Some sheeple will fall for this grin

Looooooooool grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by salveoP(m): 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
....his personal opinion not d Bible's opinion. I pity d gullible followers. Sorry, he is protecting his biz.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by perry1988(m): 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
Many mansion for hell dey wait for this yahoo pastors who no longer talk about our save soul but worldly gain
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by FaniDan(f): 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Are you joining my crusade ?
, No am just saying Amen to you remaining a beggar.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
DEOLINX:

The commandment to tithe was part of the Law that Jehovah God gave to the 12 tribes of ancient Israel more than 3,500 years ago. That Law decreed that a tenth of the produce of the land and fruit trees and a tenth of the increase of the herds be given to the tribe of Levi in support of their services at the tabernacle.—Leviticus 27:30, 32; Numbers 18:21, 24.

Numbers: 21 And unto the children of Levi, behold, I have given all the tithe in Israel for an inheritance, in return for their service which they serve, even the service of the tent of meeting. ... 24 For the tithe of the children of Israel, which they offer as a heave-offering unto Jehovah, I have given to the Levites for an inheritance: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.

The Law did not specify a penalty for failing to tithe, but each Israelite was under a strong moral obligation to support true worship in this way. In fact, Jehovah accused Israelites who neglected tithing in Malachi’s day of ‘robbing him in tithes and offerings.’ (Malachi 3:8, New International Version) Could the same charge be leveled at Christians who do not tithe?

Well, consider. National laws are not normally valid outside a country’s borders. For example, the law that obliges motorists in Britain to drive on the left does not apply to drivers in France. Similarly, the law requiring tithing was part of an exclusive covenant between God and the nation of Israel. (Exodus 19:3-8; Psalm 147:19, 20) Only the Israelites were bound by that law.

In addition, although it is true that God never changes, his requirements sometimes do. (Malachi 3:6) The Bible states categorically that the sacrificial death of Jesus, in 33 C.E., “blotted out,” or “abolished,” the Law and with it the “commandment to collect tithes.”—Colossians 2:13, 14; Ephesians 2:13-15; Hebrews 7:5, 18.

In essence, Under the Mosaic Law, a tenth of the produce of the land and a tenth of the increase of the herds and flocks were given to the Levites yearly to support them. The Levites gave a tenth of this tenth to the Aaronic priesthood to support them. There were some additional tithes as well. Tithing is not required of Christians.

The apostle Paul did not cajole fellow believers to give. In fact, Macedonian Christians who were “under affliction” and in “deep poverty” had to ‘keep begging him with much entreaty for the privilege of kindly giving and for a share in the ministry destined for the holy ones.’—2 Corinthians 8:1-4.

True, Paul encouraged the more affluent Corinthians to imitate their generous brothers in Macedonia. Even so, observes one reference work, he ‘declined to issue directives, preferring rather to request, suggest, encourage, or appeal. Spontaneity and warmth would be absent from the Corinthians’ giving if coercion were present.’ Paul knew that “God loves a cheerful giver,” not one who gives “grudgingly or under compulsion.”—2 Corinthians 9:7.

In summary, Tithe as we know it today is not tithe as it was in the mosaic law, which has been abolished:

Colossians 2:13 ---Furthermore, though you were dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcised state of your flesh, God made you alive together with him. He kindly forgave us all our trespasses 14 and erased the handwritten document that consisted of decrees and was in opposition to us. He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake.

Ephissians 2:12 At that time you were without Christ, alienated from the state of Israel, strangers to the covenants of the promise; you had no hope and were without God in the world. 13 But now in union with Christ Jesus, you who were once far off have come to be near by the blood of the Christ. 14 For he is our peace, the one who made the two groups one and destroyed the wall in between that fenced them off. 15 By means of his flesh he abolished the enmity, the Law of commandments consisting in decrees, in order to make the two groups in union with himself into one new man and to make peace

Hebrew 7: 5 True, according to the Law, those of the sons of Leʹvi who receive their priestly office have a commandment to collect tithes from the people, that is, from their brothers, even though these are descendants of Abraham. 6 But this man who did not trace his genealogy from them took tithes from Abraham and blessed the one who had the promises. 7 Now it is undeniable that the lesser one is blessed by the greater 8 And in the one case, it is men who are dying who receive tithes, but in the other case, it is someone of whom witness is given that he lives. 9 And it could be said that even Leʹvi, who receives tithes, has paid tithes through Abraham, 10 for he was still a future descendant of his forefather when Mel·chizʹe·dek met him. 11 If, then, perfection was attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for it was a feature of the Law that was given to the people), what further need would there be for another priest to arisewho is said to be in the manner of Mel·chizʹe·dek and not in the manner of Aaron? 12 For since the priesthood is being changed, it becomes necessary to change the Law as well. 13 For the man about whom these things are said came from another tribe, from which no one has officiated at the altar. 14 For it is clear that our Lord has descended from Judah, yet Moses said nothing about priests coming from that tribe

Very insightful and MOST IMPORTANTLY backed up with facts and verses from the BIBLE.

HE WHO HAS EYES SHOULD READ AND WAKE UP. DONT FALL VICTIM TO THESE SCAMMERS ANYMORE.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Daddybright1986(m): 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
Today I decided to go and rest at my mom's
restaurant.
When I got their, I met my younger
sister serving food to a pretty damsel.
I couldn't
resist her beauty, so I acted like a customer.
My
younger sister knew my moves, so she smiled
and played along.
ME: Hey! give me food am in a hurry, I didn't
park my car well (My sister smiled and the girl
gave me a charming look)
My sister: (Serving me) Customer, U can change
car ooo.
Look at the type of car u brought today
(Pointing at someone's Range Rover, that parked outside)
Me: Yaah, that one belongs to my mom.
My dad
travelled, so my mom took his lambogini, so I
decided to use my mom's Range Rover since am
tired of driving that my Ferrari.
My sister couldn't hold the laughter any longer, so she ran out and blast it.....I was left alone
with the girl, so I introduced myself to her and we
started chatting and I brain washed her.
When
she was about to succumb, My Mom just
entered...Piam! The next thing I heard was......
Chibuike Na so u go dey chop like mumu. Na only food u know. Anyway, did u sell the Moi-Moi
finish
Chai.......
My village people later succeeded, I am still
looking for where to hang my self... I have finally
disgraced my ancestors... hahahajajajjaja
ja

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by gGGODDd(m): 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
deebrain:
Sir, Whether it makes me a beggar or it makes me a millionaire, whether the church uses the money to build an orphanage or send a LovePeddler to school, I WILL PAY MY TITHE. AND DO IT PROUDLY.

Brilliant online critics, kill yourselves.
Victim of delusion spotted. monkey you ain't know what's happening to you.

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by kense88: 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2017
martineverest:
So true

I saw Bill gates, Jeff bezos, Berlusconi etc begging at ojuelegba bustop last night.

SMH. We now know the truth... Nothing will ever make me pay tithe
Hahahaha Lol. I also saw them begging at upper iweka

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Boss13: 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
kirajustice:

https://politicsngr.com/2017/11/24/dont-pay-tithe-permanently-beggar-oyedepo/

Only tithing secures your destiny.

I thought the destiny of Christians is to make heaven or has the destiny changed? It appears like the objective of Christians has changed or the heaven is now on earth and securing it is via tithe.

Christians should go and study their religion very well because these days, there are so many charlatans out in the streets

8 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Champele(m): 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
CRIMINAL!!! Who is Dangote paying his tithe to?
Who is Bill gate paying his tithe to?
You are just taking advantage of stupid Nigerians. But time will tell.
#freethesheeples

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by leye4u: 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
mrlaw93:
Man scared, the hit is getting harder.. grin
you don't know anything, they people are getting richer by the day, just few days ago someone gave Bishop oyedepo a building worth a billion naira while Pastor Chris just received a jet as gift this past Sunday...... The so-called controversy is a blessing in disguise for them.....who God has blessed no "freezer" can curse
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Lexusgs430: 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
FaniDan:
, No am just saying Amen to you remaining a beggar.

You know say beggar get class ? I am happy to remain a beggar........

If you go to work, you are also a beggar .......... Month end, your begging bowl go full .......

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by OtemSapien: 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
urahara:

Looooooooool grin
he lives in fulfillment of his nickname.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by calyto: 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2017
God told him this too?

This Oyedepo is just a successful fraudster.

He talks anyhow, he's quick to anger,he curses as if he's the giver of life.

Since he won't respect himself, is it now safe for me to call him a wealthy idiot?

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by theapeman: 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2017
DEOLINX:

Hebrew 7: 5 True, according to the Law, those of the sons of Leʹvi who receive their priestly office have a commandment to collect tithes from the people, that is, from their brothers, even though these are descendants of Abraham. 6 But this man who did not trace his genealogy from them took tithes from Abraham and blessed the one who had the promises. 7 Now it is undeniable that the lesser one is blessed by the greater 8 And in the one case, it is men who are dying who receive tithes, but in the other case, it is someone of whom witness is given that he lives. 9 And it could be said that even Leʹvi, who receives tithes, has paid tithes through Abraham, 10 for he was still a future descendant of his forefather when Mel·chizʹe·dek met him. 11 If, then, perfection was attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for it was a feature of the Law that was given to the people), what further need would there be for another priest to arisewho is said to be in the manner of Mel·chizʹe·dek and not in the manner of Aaron? 12 For since the priesthood is being changed, it becomes necessary to change the Law as well. 13 For the man about whom these things are said came from another tribe, from which no one has officiated at the altar. 14 For it is clear that our Lord has descended from Judah, yet Moses said nothing about priests coming from that tribe

our pastorpreneur will never preach like this or even read those passage. them always read Hebrew as if Hebrew is the only book in the Bible

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

CWO Mothers Dancing Zanku, Legwork, Shaku Shaku And Gbe Body / Nigerian Church Uses Nicki Minaj's Photo In Relationship Seminar Poster / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin's Swag In Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.