Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,423 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (50200 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by olmoRoc: 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
anyone wey put im head down na im dem go march on top. That is why criminals, fraudsters and looters pay the most tithes, and they are made to believe that it is God that's blessing them! Every Christian should read the Bible, and seek to understand it. People will quote in context to buttress their points.

I pity the poor masses who are striving to survive that are being fleeced. What's that Hotel De Jordan's song again?

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by alen4smith(m): 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by shine12: 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
tizzle:
so it applies to only Christians so non christians who don't pay tithe will be blessed i know so many succesfull christians/non christians who don't pay their tithe.. i also know christians who have been paying tithes all their life but are still miserably poor...

Thank you o

What makes a man rich in life are: Hard-work, Persistence, Opportunity ceased/Some call it luck, Coming from a family with top socioeconomic connections, Wealthy background, Entrepreneurship, Quality education, Right opportunity etc. If those things are lacking, pay tithe till tomorrow, you will still be poor. In Europe they work and innovate themselves out of poverty, in Africa they ask us to bring our last kobo to become wealthy.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by cocolacec(m): 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
urahara:

That ish still vexes me .Only in Africa.They no born am well may he try something like that for obodoyibo

The Nigerian Pastors follow the footsteps of US Prosperity Preachers who live in affluence,fame Etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK9iAtdau5k

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by lexy2014: 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2017
FaniDan:
, nobody is emphasizing on tithes, tithe has always been preached. [b]Its just that of recent the devil is out to deceive many through social [/b]media
how?pls explain
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by bezimo(m): 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2017
Tithing is biblical and commanded by God as shown by Gods servant Bishop Oyedepo..He was preaching at Dunamis not Winners..while encouraging the brethren to continue the kingdom principles of tithing..so you that have never tithed, what is your problem..Is God forcing you, is Bishop forcing you..Abeg make I hear word.

In his words he said "if you are not a tither you end your journey as a beggar"..I believe him as my prophet and father, moreso..i believe God who commanded it. So your anger and frustration for those who tithe wont make any difference..

For those pious and religious hypocritical christians, you are free to go to heaven like lazarus did after suffering poverty on earth, but I have chosen to enter heaven like Abraham after enjoying kingdom wealth on earth. Make your choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by obatoro: 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2017
In as much as I respect this pastor, I really don't agree with what he said take a look at the following pastors, evangelists and theologians who had great ministries and never begged. They all disagree with tithe.

Arnold Fruchtenbaum Ph.D.
B. B. Warfield (1851 – 1921)
Bob Utley Ph. D.
Bruce Metzger (1914 – 2007)
C. S. Lewis (1898 – 1963)
C.I. Scofield (1843 – 1921)
Charles Buck (1771–1815)
Charles C. Ryrie (1925)
Charles Spurgeon (1834 – 1892)
David Croteau, Ph.D.
Erasmus (1466 – 1536)
F.F. Bruce (1910 – 1990)
Francis Chan (1967)
Francis Turretin (1623 – 1687)
Frank Stagg (1911-2001)
Frank Viola
Franz Pieper 1852 – 1931
G. Campbell Morgan
George Barna (1955)
George Fox (1624 – 1691)
Irenaeus (130 – 202)
J. Vernon McGee, Th.D., LL.D (1904 – 1988)
James Montgomery Boice (1938 – 2000)
John Bunyan (1628 – 1688)
John Cotton (1585 – 1652)
John Huss (1369 – 1415)
John MacArthur (1939)
John Milton (1608 – 1674)
John Nelson Darby (1800 – 1882)
John Owen (1616 – 1683)
John Piper (1946)
John Robinson (1576 – 1625)
John Smyth (1570 – 1612)
John Wesley (1703 – 1791)
John Wycliffe (1330 – 1384)
Justin Martyr (100 – 165)
Les Feldick
Lewis Sperry Chafer
Mark Driscoll
Martin Luther (1483 – 1546)
Matthew Henry (1662 – 1714)
Origen (184 – 253)
Richard C. H. Lenski (1864 – 1936)
Roger Williams
Russell Earl Kelly, Ph.D
Tertullian (160 – 220)
Thomas R. Schreiner
W.E. Vine (1873 to 1949)
Walter Elwell, Ph.D. (1937)
William MacDonald (1917 – 2007)
Many of them are founders of denominations that are still vibrant today.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by ebiem(m): 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2017
in as much as I respect preachers, God doesn't bless you because of your tithe moreover tithe is partially meant for the upkeep of the less privilege and the full time ministers
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by olmoRoc: 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2017
dhardline:
grin grin grin grin these men are seriously trying to protect their investments. They don't even talk about sins that seek to destroy the eternal soul which is the most important but instead talk about Worldly vanities that will perish with earth every single one of it. What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul? SMH for those being deceived.

They don't believe in the Bible. It's their hussle, so they just preach its content without believing in it. I came to this conclusion almost 20 years ago.

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
waitin 4 Daddy Freezers reaction to dis like kilode!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by LuvU2: 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2017
Horlufemi:
If you tithe and you don't have increase it falls to two things. God is a fraud or your Pastor is a fraud.

Since God cannot be a fraud, then automatically your pastor is a fraud.

It's simple
It's a simple stuff grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2017
kirajustice:

https://politicsngr.com/2017/11/24/dont-pay-tithe-permanently-beggar-oyedepo/

Lmao.

Oga last time I checked, Zuckerberg, Bill gates, Warren Buffet don't attend ur church and they don't pay tithe.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by derecho(m): 2:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
kirajustice:

https://politicsngr.com/2017/11/24/dont-pay-tithe-permanently-beggar-oyedepo/
I was expecting a video. However,I don't give tithe because some sweettalked me or threatened me,I DO SO BECAUSE IT'S BIBLICAL!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by deebrain(m): 2:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
gGGODDd:
Victim of delusion spotted. monkey you ain't know what's happening to you.

What is happening to you is the manifestation of stupidity in written english. Your parents should have used a condom.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by hypernikao(m): 2:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
The emphasis on the tithe issue these days is too much ooo...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Infocitadel: 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
a carnal man can never understand the things of the spirit.

if you tithe carnally and without understanding, you won't enjoy the rewards.

but tithe with understanding and you will see the power in tithing.

and nothing of the kingdom is forced on anyone, so if you disagree with tithing, fine and if you agree, fine.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
deebrain:
Sir, Whether it makes me a beggar or it makes me a millionaire, whether the church uses the money to build an orphanage or send a LovePeddler to school, I WILL PAY MY TITHE. AND DO IT PROUDLY.

Brilliant online critics, kill yourselves.

Lack of education, Poverty and lack of common sense powers religious stupidity. grin

"There's no place in the Bible that God or Jesus directed judaists(old testament) and Christians(New testament) to pay 10% of their salary to anyone.

Keep fooling ur self.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by djoe21(m): 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
lastmessenger:
I don't really care much about how much he charge as school fees. Universities are not cheap to run. Those who can't afford the school should look for public university.

If it is not cheap then why run one and burden the members especially as it is not the primary objective of a church?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by talk2percy(m): 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
Smart thief....keep brainwashing them and keep renewing the dogma of fear into them. Why not, they won't stop fattening ur wallet.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by deebrain(m): 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Lack of education, Poverty and lack of common sense powers religious stupidity. grin

"There's no place in the Bible that God or Jesus directed judaists(old testament) and Christians(New testament) to pay 10% of their salary to anyone.

Keep fooling ur self.

I promise i would.

You and your family can now kill yourselves.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by bezimo(m): 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
The folks who don't pay tithe such as the likes of freeze and co should be aware their opinion is garbage and nonsense. Isn't it comic that those who don't pay tithe now have a problem with those who do.Bishop was only encouraging the brethren at Dunamis gospel to continue tithing because God commanded it.

If you don't pay tithe your opinion is nonsense and rubbish and belong to the garbage to those who pay tithe.So we don't need it.
I pay tithe based on strong personal conviction as found in the Bible and have no single regret and I stand not to be corrected..

Hebrew 7:8
And here men(God ordained priest) that die receive tithes; but there he(Jesus Christ) receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

Malachi 3:10
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of host,if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it

We see here the Lord God commanding the payment of tithes..so satanic agents should stop talking nonsense and rubbish about tithing ordained by God

So when tithes are paid by a child of God in a God ordained Church to God, in heaven Jesus also receive them..So don't let any confused fake daft confuse you as a Christian on what is commanded by God.

If you don't pay tithe, no problem afterall God is not forcing you, the pastor is not forcing you.When satanic devourers come to strike, You will not know how far because you won't know how your non tithing invited them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Infocitadel: 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
djoe21:

If it is not cheap then why run one and burden the members especially as it is not the primary objective of a church?
please I plead with you, say what you know.

I have been a winner for years and still one, NEVER has any fundraising been raised, Infact we don't even lay emphasis on money. winners is one of the churches where no one puts pressure on your finances. offerings are taken just once, no financial obligations from anywhere

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
bezimo:
The folks who don't pay tithe such as the likes of freeze and co should be aware their opinion is garbage and nonsense. Isn't it comic that those who don't pay tithe now have a problem with those who do.Bishop was only encouraging the brethren at Dunamis gospel to continue tithing because God commanded it.

If you don't pay tithe your opinion is nonsense and rubbish and belong to the garbage to those who pay tithe.So we don't need it.
I pay tithe based on strong personal conviction as found in the Bible and have no single regret and I stand not to be corrected..

Hebrew 7:8
And here men(God ordained priest) that die receive tithes; but there he(Jesus Christ) receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

Malachi 3:10
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of host,if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it

We see here the Lord God commanding the payment of tithes..so satanic agents should stop talking nonsense and rubbish about tithing ordained by God

So when tithes are paid by a child of God in a God ordained Church to God, in heaven Jesus also receive them..So don't let any confused fake daft confuse you as a Christian on what is commanded by God.

If you don't pay tithe, no problem afterall God is not forcing you, the pastor is not forcing you.When satanic devourers come to strike, You will not know how far because you won't know how your non tithing invited them.

At the bolded, so your tithe money is teleported to Heaven inorder to be recieved by Jesus?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by hotwax: 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2017
bezimo:
Tithing is biblical and commanded by God as shown by Gods servant Bishop Oyedepo..He was preaching at Dunamis not Winners..while encouraging the brethren to continue the kingdom principles of tithing..so you that have never tithed, what is your problem..Is God forcing you, is Bishop forcing you..Abeg make I hear word.

In his words he said "if you are not a tither you end your journey as a beggar"..I believe him as my prophet and father, moreso..i believe God who commanded it. So your anger and frustration for those who tithe wont make any difference..

For those pious and religious hypocritical christians, you are free to go to heaven like lazarus did after suffering poverty on earth, but I have chosen to enter heaven like Abraham after enjoying kingdom wealth on earth. Make your choice.

Abraham was a giver and not tither. He wasnt buried with his wealth too.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2017
deebrain:

I promise i would.

You and your family can now kill yourselves.

Don't go home to ur family and demand that ur father n mother must give u money after u have paid tithe grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by toggy: 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2017
If you use tithe to buy private jet?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Horlufemi(m): 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2017
Pesuzok:

Why are they missing something.

You have to be a child of God, you have to be born again

You are tithing wrongly. At least from the Bible

You don't tithe money.
If you must tithe money it has to be 30%
Tithe is yearly
Every three years you give your tithe to the orphans and widows.
At least in the Bible.
Tithing is law. We are no longer under law.
Tithing is like telling me to make sacrifices. It's mandatory 10%.
Under grace it's about you giving according to what you feel. 0% or 100%

I am born again and I love God. I don't like these pastors because they are against everything God stands for. See I'm not rich and I'm not poor. I rather give my money to the poor than these pastors. Why? Because I am showing them God's love. It's better than the love pastors show them.

I don't claim to hear from God but I know giving to fellow Christians who are in need is better than giving to a pastor who already has sooo much.

A true Christian doesn't need a Rolls Royce he needs a car. A true Christian doesn't need a private jet. There are alternatives.

I can't change your mind because of the cult like love you have for your pastor. Sit down think from the area of love, the love for God. By their fruits you shall know them.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by obatoro: 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2017
Infocitadel:
please I plead with you, say what you know.

I have been a winner for years and still one, NEVER has any fundraising been raised, Infact we don't even lay emphasis on money. winners is one of the churches where no one puts pressure on your finances. offerings are taken just once, no financial obligations from anywhere

Offerings are raised for Covenant University project during shiloh programs, unless you are anew member.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by bezimo(m): 2:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
hotwax:

Abraham was a giver and not tither. He wasnt buried with his wealth too.

Read Hebrews 7:2
To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace.

So dont suffer in ignorance...God help you.
What is Tithe:10% of your earnings.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
bezimo:

Tithing is biblical, But paying tithe with money is an evil teaching always sold by thieves to steal people's money....

Jesus till his death always shared everything he had with his followers which are the flock, Pastors n Priests today keep telling their flock to bring more n more money...

Pastors n Priests claim that they are Christians (Christ like), But when it comes to helping the flocks, They renegade.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by mildflame: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2017
COWBOY PASTOR

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi: "Bishop Oyedepo's Protocol Did Not Allow Me See Him" / 17-year-old Pakistani Boy Leads His Entire Tribe To Jesus / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin's Swag In Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.