Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,419 members, 7,781,224 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:54 AM

Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS (581 Views)

Robert Mugabe: 8 Important Dates In The Life Of Late Zimbabwean President / See Current Zimbabwean President Tweet, As Mugabe Dies At 95 (pixs) / Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by chloedogie(m): 11:22am On Nov 24, 2017
Emmerson Mnangagwa has been sworn in as Zimbabwe's new leader, following Robert Mugabe's resignation this week after nearly four decades of rule.

Mnangagwa, the country's former vice president, swore an oath of office to serve as interim president until a leader is elected at the polls next year. He is expected to contest the election as well.
"I, Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa, swear that as president of the republic of Zimbabwe I will be faithful to Zimbabwe and obey, uphold and defend the constitution and all other laws of Zimbabwe," he said.
Tens of thousands of people filled the cavernous National Sports Stadium in the capital, Harare, with African leaders and other dignitaries among them to watch the historic moment.

Known as "The Crocodile" for his political cunning and longevity, Mnangagwa fled the country after Mugabe fired him earlier this month, a dismissal that triggered the political turmoil and an apparent military coup in Harare.
Mnangagwa returned to Zimbabwe on Wednesday, a day after Mugabe's resignation, and vowed to take the country into a new era of democracy and to rebuild the economy that rotted under Mugabe's decades-long iron grip.
But critics have questioned whether Mnangagwa -- who is said to have been behind some of Mugabe's most ruthless policies -- is able to bring about reforms and return civil liberties to a people who have been oppressed for so long.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/24/africa/mnangagwa-swearing-in-zimbabwe/index.html

Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by manmoraskk: 11:25am On Nov 24, 2017
Same old people, same system.

1 Like

Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by nairanaira12: 11:26am On Nov 24, 2017
Interim? Very soon, he will become substantive without election. And the cycle of oppression will continue

1 Like

Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by chloedogie(m): 11:26am On Nov 24, 2017
It is the beginning of another Era(Hope R. Mugabe is not the script writer of all this coup paparazi sha).

Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by codedpee(m): 11:27am On Nov 24, 2017
No b today... We celebrated Buhari more than this in 2015. They might eventually wish Mugabe had stayed. They should have learnt from Nigeria! Make we just d look
Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by chloedogie(m): 11:27am On Nov 24, 2017
nairanaira12:
Interim? Very soon, he will become substantive without election

There were some bonds signed. Unless he acts outside the written script he should be another Abdusalam Abubakar.
Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by nairanaira12: 11:28am On Nov 24, 2017
chloedogie:

There were some bonds signed. Unless he acts outside the written script he should be another Abdusalam Abubakar.

I hope so. Rules are made to be broken.
Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by Elnino4ladies: 11:30am On Nov 24, 2017
This man will be worst than Mugabe
Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by OBIGS(m): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2017
Finally. I hope other African leaders learn from Mugabe downfall.
Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 24, 2017
the man is old too. hope he will restore true demo-crazy back to that country?
Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by chloedogie(m): 11:33am On Nov 24, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
This man will be worst than Mugabe

That is a fallacy of ambiguous generalization. You can't say he will be worse until he has done like 3 or 4 months. Give him some benefit of doubt.
Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 24, 2017
Great but when will Buhari visit the new interim president of Zimbabwe undecided
Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by chloedogie(m): 11:48am On Nov 24, 2017
Keneking:
Great but when will Buhari visit the new interim president of Zimbabwe undecided

As the giant of Africa, very soon bro. Of which na interim govt not a proper one so no need for such visits.
Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by Duru1(m): 11:48am On Nov 24, 2017
This nonsensical shenanigan can only happen in dumbass Africa.
Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by Solosolojohquay: 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2017
I don't know why each time I look at this man picture I keep on thinking is a pastor of a large church with dubious character who love collecting tithes and deceiving is congregation I don't know why.
Re: Mnangagwa Sworn In As Interim Zimbabwean President PICS by chloedogie(m): 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
Solosolojohquay:
I don't know why each time I look at this man picture I keep on thinking is a pastor of a large church with dubious character who love collecting tithes and deceiving is congregation I don't know why.
God help your soul. Amen

(1) (Reply)

U.S Government Accidentally Releases Documents On Remote Mind-control (photos) / Kofi Annan, Former UN Secretary-general, Dead At Age 80 / Cameroon Separatists Dismiss 'anglophone Special Status', Insist On Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.