Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Tithing - Daddy Freeze's Fallacies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing - Daddy Freeze's Fallacies (360 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tithing - Daddy Freeze's Fallacies by Bwoodlt: 12:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
It's important that we understand the scriptures particularly in the area of tithing which has brought so much confusion. To begin with, beside Deuteronomy 12, 14 and 26, kindly reference any verse in the old and new testament where it was instructed to eat your tithe...

There were practises in the old testament that became obsolete as a result of Jesus’s death that we no longer engage in. Let me briefly mention a few:

1. According to Hebrews 10:1-4, Animal sacrifices served as reminders of sin, but became obsolete in the new testament.

For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near. 2 Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, since the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have any consciousness of sins? 3 But in these sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Hebrews 10:19-25, then says:

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

2. God commanded the Israelites to kill Passover lambs in Exodus 12:1-8. This ritual was to be repeated every year according to V24-27. But today, we no longer observe this instructions.

Now to tithing according to the old testament.

a) Leviticus 27:30 : “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord”.
b) Numbers 18:21 : “To the Levites I have given every tithe in Israel for an inheritance, in return for their service that they do, their service in the tent of meeting”, I believe tent of meeting is now what we refer to as Church.

(Thanks for the Holy Spirit - the bible didn’t record Pastors in the old testament until the new testament where in...
1 Corinthians 12: 4-11 - 4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; 5 and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; 6 and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. 7 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8 For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as (ESV) ).

c) Nehemiah 10:37 reads - and to bring the first of our dough, and our contributions, the fruit of every tree, the wine and the oil, to the priests, to the chambers of the house of our God; and to bring to the Levites the tithes from our ground, for it is the Levites who collect the tithes in all our towns where we labor.
Kindly take note of the bolded.

…and many others I won’t touch on because this post is becoming lengthy.

To conclude now and say because there are no Levites in the land, no one should receive nor pay tithe is canal. It shows you don’t read, meditate on the word of God. Most importantly, it shows lack of the Holy Spirit. I’ll let you conclude from reading those verses.

Quickly, let me referenced a few verses in the new testament where Jesus talked about tithing.

1. Matthew 23:23. Here Jesus mentioned tithe, in addition, He emphasised to the Phrisees that despite you paying tithe, woe to you that you have neglected the weightier matters… Jesus was affirming to the fact that paying tithe is important, but that there are more of great importance i.e justice, mercy and faithfulness.
2. Like 11:42. - “But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others."
3 Please also consider these verses:

Mark 12:17 - Jesus gave a clear instructions. Pay your taxes to your government and give to God what belongs to Him! Its that simple!
1 Corinthians 1:9 - I know you got this one!
2 Corinthians 9:6 - Talks about sowing.
Matthew 6: 1 - Men of God are not meant to go on National TV discussing all their charitable deeds. Its biblical. The fact you don't know about it doesn't mean they are not engaging in such deeds.
Luke 6:38 - In the area of giving.

I’ll just stop here. I sincerely encourage you, please go to the Holy Spirit and ask him these things. It is foolishness for someone to come on a social platform and say Jesus never mention tithe or tithing - And that it should be eaten. And you should take your wine to the presence of God and drink. Its all fallacies!

As the song says:
Read your bible,
pray every day x2
Read your bible
pray every day
If you want to grow.

(1) (Reply)

Delivered From Idol Spirit Which Tied Is Money / Deleted / What Shape Is God Almighty, The Father Of CHRIST JESUS???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.