Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

My Journey To Being A Professional - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Journey To Being A Professional (29546 Views)

BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) / My Pencil And I: My Journey As A Self:taught Artist. / My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hello everyone..
This is basically just a diary of all the graphics work I have done and my progress.
I am doing this for some reason:
+ for inspiration
+ Awareness
+Progress

Would start up then.... My name is Dipo

Please . relax and take a chill pill grin wink

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
Yeaa.. So like I said.. Name is Dipo
And all my skills(if they are worthy to be called that) are self taught or maybe I should say YouTube taught...whichever.. Not sure how long it is that I got my system(laptop) buh it is either its not yet up to a year or its a little past a year.. Before I got it, I saw other peoples designs and just wanted to do mine too.. I love art and also like to make money grin.. So that could be my two inspiration...
The way I started might make you think I am now an expert, please don't be deceived.. Ayam not rara.. I just want to share my story and in the process get clients too wink..
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2017
When I got my system.. I remember that “I am going to computer village” became an anthem... Considering the fact that I don't usually go out on my own before then.. I was ‘gingered’ to go.. Went there... Got Pes16 and 15 ( as a guy naa grin football first) bought controllers too then finally managed to buy coreldraw and photoshop7.0. Got home Installed it.. Football games first.. They installed. Then the graphic programs.. As expected some didn't work

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 1:07pm On Nov 24, 2017
Most of them were just blank discs.. Pes7.0 , illustrator, coreldraw. Only ones that worked

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2017
Then the YouTube trip started.. Kept searching... Before I got a working illustrator.. I had the photoshop7.0 first so I was working with Ps7.0 first. . there wasn't much videos on ps7.0 so I just downloaded videos for cs6 and Cc and tried working it with 7.0.. I was deceiving myself..

I was able to design something sha..

9 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by InfinixMine: 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
Following...
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2017
And this...

And Yes.. I am A PROUD member of IACC... That's our Baba Woli By the way grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
I did one other one laidat sha.. I happen not to know where it is again... So I just completed 3 designs basically and gave up.... I didn't buy any program again and didn't bother about designing... Channeled all my energy to Pes grin grin and alas.. I became a God cool... I resumed school.. Changed my walking steps to that of someone that now owns a system of his cheesy(don't bother asking about this).. Started inviting people for games.. We played.. I won some and I lost most... Until it became I won most and lost some... Leaving Football out of it.. I sha later came to nairaland... I only knew the front-page and the pet section then (also a dog lover).. When I finally came to the art graphics and videos part I was wowed . by the logos section mainly.. I wanted to start again... And thanks to Mtn 25 naira night plan I have gotten somewhere grin

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2017
When I started again... I did this first.. Saw a tutorial on something like that and did mine sha

I almost forgot to mention this.. From here onward I was working with illustrator... Yeah.. Finally got a working one..did all these with illustrator

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2017
I know I gbinyanju grin thank you..

Later.. Wanted to do something payable.. I tried this sha

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2017
Horrible right?? Trust me..I know

After doing that horrible job.. I decided to stay away from color...Then I watched this tutorial of a line art kinda stuff sha... Its just drawing with the pen and no color.. Just white and black..

1 Share

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2017
Then

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 2:12pm On Nov 24, 2017
On my celebrity crush grin

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
I dinnurh like that one.. So I did another

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
Then..... 18+ pleaseeeeee lipsrsealed

Ayam not putting the real picture of this lipsrsealed wink

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
Then this

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2017
I then made this friend that has been amazing.. She had a page for shoes and bags and asked if I could work on a logo for her... I wanted to do buh I didn't have much idea.. I sha did something.. It wasn't a logo buh I did something

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
With the stuff I did.. She referred me to another friend that also wanted a logo too.. Her brand deals with weaves and makeup products.. Royalty signatures.. Days passed and I had no idea about what I wanted to do... I thought about doing the typographical logo stuff.. Worked on it too... Added a face and used this

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
Came up with this

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2017
By the way.. I designed all the social media logos myself.. Didn't import...

I didn't like the look and I did more

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2017
More

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2017
Decided to do more again, a different concept this time around

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
Sent all the logos to her and told her whichever she likes.. And I actually got paid cheesy cheesy which I am happy about..

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2017
Ever since.. I have been playing around cartoons

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2017
Did this today

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
That's about all my story.. I have questions for the logo designers.. How do you get inspirations and ideas for a brands logo and make it nice ...

And you guys should rate me.. Any other artwork would be posted

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by Shobizz(m): 3:34am On Nov 25, 2017
kip d ball rolling, Bro U Try continious practise make perfection,

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by MezieFresh: 12:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
Great work!

It can always get better
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
Shobizz:
kip d ball rolling,
Bro U Try continious practise make perfection,

Thanks Mahn

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2017
MezieFresh:
Great work!

It can always get better

Thanks Bro.. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2017
Today's Job grin.... This thing actually takes time to do embarassed

Who wants to turn his or her picture to a cartoon grin

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2017
Yesterday's work

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Let's Proudly Show Off Mobile Photography... / (PHOTOS) Amazing Photos Of 2015 By Ty-bello / Amazing Charcoal Drawings By 2poundz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.