Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone (36781 Views)

Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored / American ATM Dispenses 100$ To Customers Instead Of 20$ / Paddy Adenuga Agrees To Be Jailed Instead Of Marrying His Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by WunderGist: 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
The shopping extravaganza following Thanksgiving 2017 - Woman 'deceived' into purchasing 11 potatoes for $100 rather than the iPhone 6 publicized

A woman claims to have been ‘tricked’ after buying an iPhone 6 in a Black Friday deal and somehow getting a box of potatoes instead.

While the annual Black Friday sales can be a golden opportunity to grab a bargain, the woman from Wisconsin also found they're a great opportunity for scammers and conmen to strike.

In a viral video originally posted on LiveLeak, the unknown woman says she saw a black truck with balloons and Black Friday posters driving around her neighbourhood in Milwaukee.

She says the vehicle was filled with gadgets, clothes and accessories, and she thought she’d struck a bargain when the driver agreed to sell her the phone for just $100 – around £80.

But when she got home, she says she was horrified to find she’d been swindled and the box was actually filled with 11 chopped pieces of potato.

“They have everything you could name: clothes, shoes, watches, purse, bundles of hair, DVDs, CDs – everything – phones, laptops,” she says on the video, which has been viewed more than 60,000 times.

“So I ask the guy about the iPhone 6 and he’s like, ‘Ah yeah, today, I will give it to you for $100.’

“He hands me an iPhone 6, I’m playing with it, turning it around, checking it.

“I ask him to call the phone and he showed me the number and I’m like, ‘Cool, it’s legit. It’s ringing. It’s working. I want it.’

“Right? Wrong. He turns around and puts the phone in the box with a piece of paper, he hands it to me, I hand him the money, I get in my car and drive home.

“I sit at my kitchen table about to play with the phone… The box is heavy, and I get home, and this n****r sold me a box of potatoes!”

And to add apparent insult to apparent injury, the scammer packed an Android charger in the box with the potatoes.

“What the heck am I supposed to do with this?” the woman yelled on the video.

“I am so hurt right now imma have to go to jail, imma go outside and imma find these old n*****s. What am I supposed to do with – oh you almost made me cuss.”

It is unknown what device the woman used to film the evidence of her apparent scam before it was uploaded to LiveLeak.

UK consumer watchdog Which? said to get the best deals on Black Friday, shoppers had to prepare thoroughly, research products beforehand and be wary of unusual brands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N9ulPXmQfQ

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Florblu(f): 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2017
So much for black friday grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2017
Some people are so clever in conning people cheesy why didn't she open it to check in his presence, she should make chips and chill out

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by yanabasee(m): 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
She's lucky the potatoes wasn't burnt black!

19 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by dominique(f): 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
American version of fufu phone grin

53 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Scarpon(m): 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
Ahhh funkee! Funkee!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by ivolt: 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Some people are so clever in conning people cheesy why didn't she open it to check in his presence, she should make chips and chill out

She did, it was while repackaging that the phone was swapped.

8 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by gurunlocker: 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
This is American IPhone Fufu pack...

6 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by lonlytroy(m): 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
Buhari why

3 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Templa(m): 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2017
The conman bought into her greed..simple

4 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by netbeans1(m): 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2017
Black Friday scam grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by tossie101(f): 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hian!!..
So Americans do this too shocked

7 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Ijaya123: 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2017
So no be only Computer Village guys sabi this scam... grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by ChiefSweetus: 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2017
dominique:
American version of fufu phone grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by SirMichael1: 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2017
So because it's black Friday you now reasoned within you that the price is reasonable enough?? cheesy

***If it's too good to be true, then trend carefully *** Learnt that from business tycoon on FB

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Sijo01(f): 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2017
Nor be only computer village sabi the game cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
Computer village boys don go global

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Ijaya123: 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
ChiefPiiko:

Now go back and read the full story and stop rushing for FTC.

6 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Sexytemi(f): 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
lolgringringringrin, so this scam dey abroad, chaiii...our brodas from computer village have moved down there ogringrin

5 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by ibkayee(f): 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lmao a similar thing happened to my friend's dad

I'm so sorry for laughing
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Mizhoneywealth: 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
u gat to always be careful
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by OurworkComNg1: 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
na yam sef no be potatoes.

na wa o. its either computer village boys dey learn where these people dey or these people come learn from computer village boys. all i know is that, there was a learning.

make she happy say no be smelling fufu she see inside the package

5 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
Cool the f+cking potatoes, eat and relax.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Russianruble: 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
wink
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by judgedredd22(m): 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2017

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by mammanbawa: 2:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
Maga don knack grin
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by chloride6: 2:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
Sorry maam .

This scam is more than 10yrs old.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
That's why it's not good to be lazy.
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Pidginwhisper: 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2017
Congratulations to our Otigba Street guys for computer village,dem don Open another branch abroad. But na tomatoes be the flavour not fufu grin

8 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by zubinike(m): 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2017
WunderGist:
The shopping extravaganza following Thanksgiving 2017 - Woman 'deceived' into purchasing 11 potatoes for $100 rather than the iPhone 6 publicized

A woman claims to have been ‘tricked’ after buying an iPhone 6 in a Black Friday deal and somehow getting a box of potatoes instead.

While the annual Black Friday sales can be a golden opportunity to grab a bargain, the woman from Wisconsin also found they're a great opportunity for scammers and conmen to strike.

In a viral video originally posted on LiveLeak, the unknown woman says she saw a black truck with balloons and Black Friday posters driving around her neighbourhood in Milwaukee.

She says the vehicle was filled with gadgets, clothes and accessories, and she thought she’d struck a bargain when the driver agreed to sell her the phone for just $100 – around £80.

But when she got home, she says she was horrified to find she’d been swindled and the box was actually filled with 11 chopped pieces of potato.

“They have everything you could name: clothes, shoes, watches, purse, bundles of hair, DVDs, CDs – everything – phones, laptops,” she says on the video, which has been viewed more than 60,000 times.

“So I ask the guy about the iPhone 6 and he’s like, ‘Ah yeah, today, I will give it to you for $100.’

“He hands me an iPhone 6, I’m playing with it, turning it around, checking it.

“I ask him to call the phone and he showed me the number and I’m like, ‘Cool, it’s legit. It’s ringing. It’s working. I want it.’

“Right? Wrong. He turns around and puts the phone in the box with a piece of paper, he hands it to me, I hand him the money, I get in my car and drive home.

“I sit at my kitchen table about to play with the phone… The box is heavy, and I get home, and this n****r sold me a box of potatoes!”

And to add apparent insult to apparent injury, the scammer packed an Android charger in the box with the potatoes.

“What the heck am I supposed to do with this?” the woman yelled on the video.

“I am so hurt right now imma have to go to jail, imma go outside and imma find these old n*****s. What am I supposed to do with – oh you almost made me cuss.”

It is unknown what device the woman used to film the evidence of her apparent scam before it was uploaded to LiveLeak.

UK consumer watchdog Which? said to get the best deals on Black Friday, shoppers had to prepare thoroughly, research products beforehand and be wary of unusual brands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N9ulPXmQfQ

You have paid, u have paid, remember stepping it down with a cold bottle of Coke....make you no loose 2-0
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by MorataFC: 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2017
grin
Re: Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone by Naff24(f): 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2017
yeyerolling:
Computer village boys don go global

Let Segun Egbegbe catch you grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banks In Dilemma Over Idle $5bn Deposits / 5 Signs That You Would Financially Successful / How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.