Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? (2079 Views)

The Reason Why You Should Quit Gambling / Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? / GTBANK Fee For Receiving Wire Transfer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? by gentlewiz: 12:59am On Nov 25, 2017
Going straight to the point.

I have been expecting a wire transfer from Germany for over a week now and up until now nothing has been credited into my bank account. The transfer was made on Monday and the sender said it takes 3_4 days to get to Nigeria. I went to the bank and I was told there is no problem with my account. But the money is not here yet. Does anyone have any idea on how to get this done? Apart from Moneygram or Western Union? The reason is because Moneygram and Western Union usually has a limit to the amount of Money sent to african countries especially Nigeria but the amount i'm expecting is quite above the limit so the best option is bank transfer but it is taking forever to get here and i'm freaking out already. Please help!!!!!!
Re: What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? by sholatech(m): 1:31am On Nov 25, 2017
If truly it has been sent to you, the sender should send to you a Telex copy for you to show your bank. That will show immediately if the money is still with us sender, or wit correspondent bank or already with you bank it will also be good errors exist in details given the bank by the sender.
Re: What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? by dvkot(m): 8:16am On Nov 25, 2017
dem boyz winkdem boyz
Re: What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? by gentlewiz: 8:27am On Nov 25, 2017
sholatech:
If truly it has been sent to you, the sender should send to you a Telex copy for you to show your bank. That will show immediately if the money is still with us sender, or wit correspondent bank or already with you bank it will also be good errors exist in details given the bank by the sender.

thanks bro but it was not sent through bank telex transfer,, I would have done that if the sender forwarded the funds through telex.. it was done through the normal wire transfer but the mistake I made here was not telling the sender to pass it through bank telex transfer. Telex is very fast!!!! but ordinary wire always takes so long..
Re: What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? by gentlewiz: 8:30am On Nov 25, 2017
sholatech:

What errors bro? every info passed along was correct and gotten from the bank directly.
Re: What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? by sholatech(m): 9:01am On Nov 25, 2017
gentlewiz:

thanks bro but it was not sent through bank telex transfer,, I would have done that if the sender forwarded the funds through telex.. it was done through the normal wire transfer but the mistake I made here was not telling the sender to pass it through bank telex transfer. Telex is very fast!!!! but ordinary wire always takes so long..

You don't seem to understand my advice. Telex Is the ONLY evidence of Wire transfer. If sender cannot provide you with Telex evidence of the wire transfer, then no transfer was made to you. For some banks like GTB, your account will not be credited if you do not provide Telex copy of the wire transfer.
Re: What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? by gentlewiz: 10:37am On Nov 25, 2017
sholatech:

You don't seem to understand my advice. Telex Is the ONLY evidence of Wire transfer. If sender cannot provide you with Telex evidence of the wire transfer, then no transfer was made to you. For some banks like GTB, your account will not be credited if you do not provide Telex copy of the wire transfer.

ok could you please shed more light on this? is the telex you are talking about here a form of receipt to prove the transaction has been made? meanwhile according to my bank (fidelity) they said the funds will be credited into my account once the transfer is successful.
Re: What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? by sholatech(m): 10:56am On Nov 25, 2017
gentlewiz:

ok could you please shed more light on this? is the telex you are talking about here a form of receipt to prove the transaction has been made? meanwhile according to my bank (fidelity) they said the funds will be credited into my account once the transfer is successful.

Yes. Let the sender obtain Telex from his bank and email you. I receive wire transfers from Germany within two working days

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? by gentlewiz: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2017
sholatech:

Yes. Let the sender obtain Telex from his bank and email you. I receive wire transfers from Germany within two working days

the sender actually said there was no form of telex or receipt given after the transfer was made,,, and the only way to find out if it went through was by account statement which he will go and check on Monday, if the transfer was successful, it will show that the funds has been deducted from his account over there and sent here to Nigeria... it has been. more than 4 working days and nothing is in my account yet so probably the transfer failed. You receive wire transfer from Germany in two working days?? how do you do it?? My plan right now is to tell the sender to try and send the money again on Monday via Bank Tellex transfer because it is faster than the regular wire transfer. (note i'm to receive this money in my naira savings account not a Domiciliary account) my bank said it is possible but they will convert the Euro when the money comes and credit my account with the naira equivalent. I don't know if this also the reason the transfer is taking longer or failed. Do you receive the transfers with a domiciliary account or naira account?
Re: What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? by sholatech(m): 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2017
gentlewiz:

the sender actually said there was no form of telex or receipt given after the transfer was made,,, and the only way to find out if it went through was by account statement which he will go and check on Monday, if the transfer was successful, it will show that the funds has been deducted from his account over there and sent here to Nigeria... it has been. more than 4 working days and nothing is in my account yet so probably the transfer failed. You receive wire transfer from Germany in two working days?? how do you do it?? My plan right now is to tell the sender to try and send the money again on Monday via Bank Tellex transfer because it is faster than the regular wire transfer. (note i'm to receive this money in my naira savings account not a Domiciliary account) my bank said it is possible but they will convert the Euro when the money comes and credit my account with the naira equivalent. I don't know if this also the reason the transfer is taking longer or failed. Do you receive the transfers with a domiciliary account or naira account?

I receive both into my domiciliary & into my Naira. Same process & within two days. He just needs to ask his bank in Germany for Telex. They will give him.
Re: What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? by gentlewiz: 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2017
sholatech:

I receive both into my domiciliary & into my Naira. Same process & within two days. He just needs to ask his bank in Germany for Telex. They will give him.

Thanks, You have been so helpful.
I will let you know when it finally goes through.
Re: What Could Be The Reason Of A Failed Wire Transfer??? by JoshMedia: 1:01am On Dec 29, 2017
gentlewiz:

Domiciliary account is better

It will favour you while converting it to Naira through people like us.

I exchange at the rate of N350/$ rather than N305/$ for wire transfer.
Can you see the difference now?

(1) (Reply)

Wood/plank Processing Business Opportunity / Clearance Items (VERY Long List) / Is Lagos Lottery Still Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.