Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,224 members, 7,780,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:03 PM

2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP (18172 Views)

Edo 2020: PDP Says No Automatic Ticket For Obaseki / 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Buhari — APC / 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Buhari, Says Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by olawalepopoola: 2:24am On Nov 26, 2017
All I know is that Yoruba's will support Osinbajo. Voters will vote along tribal lines. No sane Yoruba will ever support Fayose.
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by chngebeginwthme: 7:29am On Nov 26, 2017
Bede2u:
ur analysis may not mean much. If Atiku picks a SE vp, most igbos will feel naturally inclined to him immediately cos a bird at hand is worth 2 in the bush. No guarantee APC will choose SE president in 2023. Tinubu may want to run. As for SS, they have historically gone with se in presidential elections as far back as 1960 including Edo, even in 2015. I dont see that changing in 2019 seeing that 5 out of 6 ss states are pdp as again 3 out of 5 in se.

Dont forget that the north also knows that voting Atiku can gv them 12 yrs straight in Aso Rock. The average Igbo man doesnt care for Igbo presidency once PDP is in power.

LOL and you forget to put total votes from each region into consideration, South West valid voters is more than that of SS/SE combined so also is votes from North West and North East.

Atiku don't have upto 20% chance in the North as Buhari always win the North even when he was a lone ranger..

South West will vote enmass for Buhari/Osinbanjo as we will not want to loose our chance of being the VP again, Yoruba will rather support our own this time than support a South East VP.. So more than 15million votes from the North and almost 10million from South West is enough for PMB.PYO in 2019.. bookmark this..
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by chngebeginwthme: 7:34am On Nov 26, 2017
Bede2u:
To think u convinced me to vote Buhari in 2015 still dey shame me.
You guys are quick to note Buhari got 12 million votes in 2003. Wasnt results allocated then? The truth is rig or not, eletions in Nigeria has always reflected peoples wishes. In 2007 the same Buhari lost north which he won in 2003 to another northerner. Which shows u that 'Buharist' are not more than 7 million in the north out of a voting strenght of up to 13 million up north. If Atiku can get 5 million vote in north and buhari gets 8 million; in sw buhari get 2.5million and atiku get 2million (dont forget SW gave Atiku 2 million in 2007). If Atiku gets 2 million votes in SE and Buhari get 700k; if Atiku gets 3.5 million votes in ss and buhari get 1million; lets calculate-- Atiku 12.5 million votes
Buhari 12.2 milliion votes

Atiku wins. This is a fair calculation

Hahhaha forst of all Atiku cannot get upto 5million votes from the North i can bet my life on it, Where will he get that kinda votes self hahaha..

in 2019 regional politics will play out too where Yoruba will see their son as another opportunity to remain in power and with the completion of Lagos/Ibadan light rail as promise fulfillment for us and we can easily say it's because of our son at the Presidency. So we are voting back Buhari to continue the good work for the South West so in 2019 Buhari/Osinbajo will be expecting not less than 5million votes from South West mark my word.
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by chngebeginwthme: 7:37am On Nov 26, 2017
mercyp001:

Do u also remembered dat in 2003,PDP got over 24million votes,represented over 61percent .
And i want to remind u dat in dat 2003 PMB ran under ANPP and then ANPP was very strong in d North. Assuming u've been to North during election,u will understand better and u will knw d Northerners voting pattern. I did my NYSC at Zamfara, 2011,and i worked with inec,it was den i knw how Northerners vote. U knw dat zamfara is an ANPP state,on d day of election,those guys voted for ANPP(the present Gov),and he got almost 100percent of d vote in my polling unit. But when presidential election was held,those guys gave almost 100 percent of d vote to PMB of CPC. PMB won 2015 election because of APC,hatred for GEJ ,power must return back to North. Hope u remember that PMB unsuccessfully ran for the office of president in
2003, 2007 and 2011 general elections. Bro,b sincere to yourself,APC knws dat Atiku exit is a threat to dem.

Have you also forgotten that Atiku ran for the same post in 2007 in pull just 2million votes, People Know Atiku as a failure and will stil fail in 2019..

OBJ go tanda for one corner they look atiku..
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by chngebeginwthme: 7:41am On Nov 26, 2017
Bede2u:
lol even u no say na lie. SW Dont vote like that. Una sabi split una vote pass anybody. Dont forget Senate president will be ceded to sw plus pdp party chairman

LOL and you think we will prefer Senate President to Vice President? hahhaa keep fooling yourself..

2015 electioneering will be a child play to that of 2019 in ethnic campaign.. Yoruba will never vote an Igbo man and that will be part of our Campaign in 2019..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by chngebeginwthme: 8:01am On Nov 26, 2017
Bede2u:
As u dey lie dey make me laugh. Buhari did not get 12 million votes in 2007, he got 7 million nation wide, some of which came from SE cos he had an Igbo vp. Atiku got over 2 million votes in 2007.
Buhari then was seen as a messiah. Many thought he would bring genuine change. His current bad governance has reduced his popularity grossly, even in the north.
Me for instance voted him in 2007 and 2015. I will vote against him in 2019. Do u think am the only one like that?
As for power of commander in chief, dont forget GEJ who won Buhari in 2011 lost to him in 2015. What do u think Buhari will do in polling units where he is unpopular? Prevent people from voting with soldiers? Na lie. Atiku is a political heavy weight and more will join him in defecting to PDP.

When raining your analysis try remember those that play part in the 2007 election, Firstly OBJ as the President them used his influence to rig in Yaradua/GEJ and now OBJ and Atiku are great enemy and OBJ has vow that Atiku will never be President of Nigeria as far as he is alive..

The last time i voted was in 2003 election but i have promise myself that i will register and vote for Buhari in 2019 and do you think am the only with that reasoning? Northerners now see Buhari as their messiah as they will always ask what did Atiku do for them when he was the VP for 8yrs..

PMB/VPYO achievements in South West like the Lagos/Ibadan light rail, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, and other tangible project will be used to campaign in 2019 and the campaign will based that we got those infrastructures because we have our son as the VP and won't want to loose that seat..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by chngebeginwthme: 8:11am On Nov 26, 2017
Nowenuse:

Atiku will divide the north, take it or leave it. I am from the north-central and I will likely vote Atiku instead of PMB.
Atiku will get massive voters in the North-central and North-east. And he will win the South-east and South-south

Abeg remove North East from your list as Atiku will loose in his Adamawa home state..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by Nowenuse: 9:27am On Nov 26, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

Abeg remove North East from your list as Atiku will loose in his Adamawa home state..

And who are you to decide for the north-east? Are you from Adamawa? Let the time come, you will see.
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by Nowenuse: 9:32am On Nov 26, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

LOL and you forget to put total votes from each region into consideration, South West valid voters is more than that of SS/SE combined so also is votes from North West and North East.

Atiku don't have upto 20% chance in the North as Buhari always win the North even when he was a lone ranger..

South West will vote enmass for Buhari/Osinbanjo as we will not want to loose our chance of being the VP again, Yoruba will rather support our own this time than support a South East VP.. So more than 15million votes from the North and almost 10million from South West is enough for PMB.PYO in 2019.. bookmark this..

Buhari will only win in Hausa Fulani land. We the Northern minorities have no reason to support Buhari Again this time.

If Atiku does his Campaign well, expect massive votes from the North Central and North East.
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by chngebeginwthme: 9:45am On Nov 26, 2017
Nowenuse:

And who are you to decide for the north-east? Are you from Adamawa? Let the time come, you will see.

LOL i am not from Adamawa and not even an Hausa person, But going by the politics of Nigeria i can tell you categorically that Northerners believe and trust Buhari more than any Northern leaders today and Yaradua said 2007 election where he defeat Buhari to be a sham and rigging...

Buhari have been wining in the North since 2003 so forget your calculation Atiku cannot have upto 20% votes in the North..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by chngebeginwthme: 9:48am On Nov 26, 2017
Nowenuse:

Buhari will only win in Hausa Fulani land. We the Northern minorities have no reason to support Buhari Again this time.

If Atiku does his Campaign well, expect massive votes from the North Central and North East.

hahahha joke of the century, Atiku cannot stand the test of Buhari in the North, Hausa minority my ass.. North East will vote massively for Buhari based on his defeat of Boko Haram and making them sleep and wake up in peace..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by Nowenuse: 9:58am On Nov 26, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

LOL i am not from Adamawa and not even an Hausa person, But going by the politics of Nigeria i can tell you categorically that Northerners believe and trust Buhari more than any Northern leaders today and Yaradua said 2007 election where he defeat Buhari to be a sham and rigging...

Buhari have been wining in the North since 2003 so forget your calculation Atiku cannot have upto 20% votes in the North..

I have one question for you, when talking about the north here, are you referring to Hausa-fulani and Kanuri people or middlebelt people? Which one?
Cos only a mad person will generalize middlebelt and Hausa fulani people together in voting patterns. Cos just as the entire south does not have a common interest, the entire north does not.
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by mercyp001(f): 10:25am On Nov 26, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

hahahha joke of the century, Atiku cannot stand the test of Buhari in the North, Hausa minority my ass.. North East will vote massively for Buhari based on his defeat of Boko Haram and making them sleep and wake up in peace..
You can say that again and again that PMB has defeated Boko Haram,it is not your fault because your favourite network is Cartoon Network(CN) if not,I expect you to hear about the resent attack in Mubi, Adamawa State by Boko Haram. You that u do not even know the resent attack by Boko Haram in Mubi,I am very sure u can not know the geo political zone Adamawa belongs to. Abeg,keep on watching your Cartoon Network(CN). I smh for u!
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by ihatesycophant(m): 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
Nowenuse:

Yes I think I appeared emotional by using the phrase ''let it enter your heard''. This is simply directed towards the effrontery you appear to use in generalizing all northerners as 'cultlike' supporters of Buhari. That is arrogant of you and insulting to the personalities of my people.
You are not from the north as I can assume from your comments, so why just generalize the entire heterogeneous north with one description/assumption?

When you talk of platform, I really don't get the concept. Atiku was once our vice president. Who does not know Atiku in Nigeria? We all know him and that is what matters. Many people are going to vote Atiku because they feel APC is not meeting up to standard and Buhari has failed them. Simple. So they will want to try something new. All Atiku has to do is increase his campaigning and try to cajole and appeal to our people with the right words and strategies. That's all. Just as Buhari enticed us with the CHANGE slogan and Good luck enticed us with the I HAD NO SHOES slogan.

I do not really understand your 2nd paragraph where you said Buhari won all the states I listed except Taraba. If you were talking about the 2015 elections, please Buhari also lost in plateau, Nasarawa and FCT, not just Taraba alone.
Since Buhari was contesting in the past, he was only scooping votes mostly in core-northern states and not the middlebelt. This was why he lost in our region in 2011 but he swept the votes in Hausa-fulani areas. As simple as ABC.
Pls from henceforth, stop using the description 'cultlike' support of Buhari' to describe the entire north! That's very disrespectful to my people and completely misinforming. You can use it for Hausa-fulanis only, cos that is what it is.

Also, for the records, please never make the mistake of judging or juxtaposing the governorship and presidential voting patterns in our region together as you did in your 2nd paragraph. In 2015, Plateau & Nasarawa people voted APC in the governorship but yet PDP in the presidential elections. In Gombe, Buhari (APC) won but PDP won the governorship.

Let me first of all correct the impression you have about 'cultlike' adjective used to qualified BUHARI's political base. I don't generalised the north by using the word but only directing it to his political base, who come rain, come sunshine they would always come out to front for him and differ any negativity that ordinarily apolitical group will shy away from.
Besides, cultlike in English has different meanings. I believed you're fixing your mind on the general meaning well known to you. I've taken time to google for you some of its meanings as follows:

cult
n
1 a specific system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and deity
2 a sect devoted to such a system
3 a quasi-religious organization using devious psychological techniques to gain and control adherents
4 (Sociol) a group having an exclusive ideology and ritual practices centred on sacred symbols, esp. one characterized by lack of organizational structure
5 intense interest in and devotion to a person, idea, or activity
the cult of yoga
6 the person, idea, etc., arousing such devotion
a something regarded as fashionable or significant by a particular group
b (as modifier)
a cult show

Pls look keenly to number 5 and link it to cultlike used in relation to Buhari and try to apologise for being misconstrued.

Now, to the main issue. I've said this before and I am saying it again. You guys permutation of political spread always amuse me. No doubt that Atiku was once a vice president but as of today, he has no political base that he can call his own and that is why since he's been contesting on the platform of opposition he has not had good show because of lack of political base owned by him. His platform has always been an established platform by political parties. This is the edge the like of Buhari and Tinubu have over him and that is why if an election is conducted and those with political base wins, they tag it rigged. Because those with political base, there supporters are always anxious to go to the poll and vote and also stay overnight for months for their candidates while the one without political base would rely on the party for votes. This is one of the backbones PDP has before and brag at that they are everywhere. So there is a clear difference between knowing you as a vice president and having a political base that is viable.
I did told you to bookmark this page, I have helped you and I'll remind you as thing unfolds. You also claimed Buhari has failed people but forgot to put into consideration that 2019 is still far away and things can changed economically, administratively and politically.

1 Like

Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by chngebeginwthme: 11:49pm On Nov 26, 2017
Nowenuse:

I have one question for you, when talking about the north here, are you referring to Hausa-fulani and Kanuri people or middlebelt people? Which one?
Cos only a mad person will generalize middlebelt and Hausa fulani people together in voting patterns. Cos just as the entire south does not have a common interest, the entire north does not.

LOL now you are differentiating but when Buhari appoint someone from Kogi with the name Abdulahi your likes will rush to call him President of the North..

As far as i am concern PMB will win the North with landslide..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by chngebeginwthme: 12:12am On Nov 27, 2017
mercyp001:

You can say that again and again that PMB has defeated Boko Haram,it is not your fault because your favourite network is Cartoon Network(CN) if not,I expect you to hear about the resent attack in Mubi, Adamawa State by Boko Haram. You that u do not even know the resent attack by Boko Haram in Mubi,I am very sure u can not know the geo political zone Adamawa belongs to. Abeg,keep on watching your Cartoon Network(CN). I smh for u!

LOL you think everyone is addicted to Zee world like you? Even Almighty America are still being terrorize by terrorist, But their activities is what will be minimal, How many Local Government are still under Boko Haram control like it is under GEJ? How many times have you hear of bomb blast like it happen every week week under GEJ? 80% of Northerners that will vote are not on social media to listen to propaganda so continue fooling yourself..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by Nowenuse: 1:16am On Nov 27, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

LOL now you are differentiating but when Buhari appoint someone from Kogi with the name Abdulahi your likes will rush to call him President of the North..

As far as i am concern PMB will win the North with landslide..

Oga i am from the north! (middlebelt). Sebi in your mind everyone on nairaland is either yoruba or igbo? Pathetic!

Buhari is going to win Hausa-fulani areas landslide, no doubt. But i promise you he will have a tough time with we middlebelters.
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by Nowenuse: 1:35am On Nov 27, 2017
ihatesycophant:

Let me first of all correct the impression you have about 'cultlike' adjective used to qualified BUHARI's political base. I don't generalised the north by using the word but only directing it to his political base, who come rain, come sunshine they would always come out to front for him and differ any negativity that ordinarily apolitical group will shy away from.
Besides, cultlike in English has different meanings. I believed you're fixing your mind on the general meaning well known to you. I've taken time to google for you some of its meanings as follows:

cult
n
1 a specific system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and deity
2 a sect devoted to such a system
3 a quasi-religious organization using devious psychological techniques to gain and control adherents
4 (Sociol) a group having an exclusive ideology and ritual practices centred on sacred symbols, esp. one characterized by lack of organizational structure
5 intense interest in and devotion to a person, idea, or activity
the cult of yoga
6 the person, idea, etc., arousing such devotion
a something regarded as fashionable or significant by a particular group
b (as modifier)
a cult show

Pls look keenly to number 5 and link it to cultlike used in relation to Buhari and try to apologise for being misconstrued.

Now, to the main issue. I've said this before and I am saying it again. You guys permutation of political spread always amuse me. No doubt that Atiku was once a vice president but as of today, he has no political base that he can call his own and that is why since he's been contesting on the platform of opposition he has not had good show because of lack of political base owned by him. His platform has always been an established platform by political parties. This is the edge the like of Buhari and Tinubu have over him and that is why if an election is conducted and those with political base wins, they tag it rigged. Because those with political base, there supporters are always anxious to go to the poll and vote and also stay overnight for months for their candidates while the one without political base would rely on the party for votes. This is one of the backbones PDP has before and brag at that they are everywhere. So there is a clear difference between knowing you as a vice president and having a political base that is viable.
I did told you to bookmark this page, I have helped you and I'll remind you as thing unfolds. You also claimed Buhari has failed people but forgot to put into consideration that 2019 is still far away and things can changed economically, administratively and politically.

Thanks for the lecturing on the meaning of cultlike but i'll pass. At the end of the day, does your definition of cultlike changes the fact that the masses who are unreasonably obsessed with Buhari are mostly Hausa-fulanis?

If i may ask What reason do you think will make the averge Igala or Idoma or Jukun or Plateau or southern kaduna person or any other middlebelter obsessed with Buhari?

Thank God you said Buhari still has some time, let's see if he can give us good enough reasons to vote him again. But one really wonders what he will do with his remaining 1 year (approx) that he could not do ever since.
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by chngebeginwthme: 8:36am On Nov 27, 2017
Nowenuse:

Oga i am from the north! (middlebelt). Sebi in your mind everyone on nairaland is either yoruba or igbo? Pathetic!

Buhari is going to win Hausa-fulani areas landslide, no doubt. But i promise you he will have a tough time with we middlebelters.

Buhari won't have any tough time in NC, The case will be of thr trust Nigerians have for him and as far as no one can say Buhari loot that alone will give me edge over any candidates..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by chngebeginwthme: 8:40am On Nov 27, 2017
Nowenuse:

Thanks for the lecturing on the meaning of cultlike but i'll pass. At the end of the day, does your definition of cultlike changes the fact that the masses who are unreasonably obsessed with Buhari are mostly Hausa-fulanis?

If i may ask What reason do you think will make the averge Igala or Idoma or Jukun or Plateau or southern kaduna person or any other middlebelter obsessed with Buhari?

Thank God you said Buhari still has some time, let's see if he can give us good enough reasons to vote him again. But one really wonders what he will do with his remaining 1 year (approx) that he could not do ever since.

At the bold samething will be use against PDP in 2019, PDP was in power for 16yrs and nothing to show for it, So we gonna wonder what they want to do now that they can't do for 16yrs..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by ihatesycophant(m): 8:46am On Nov 27, 2017
Nowenuse:

You're streamlining your submission to a section of a state forgetting that politics is dynamic. The IGALA you're even putting in the equal even defeat your permutation. IGALA people will vote him and revote him again. The only place he will have problem is in Okunland and not Ibiraland and IGALAland. In Plateau state he would surely have a good fight and you should be sure he's going to win Kwara state, except Saraki defect to another party before the general election. Surely he may have a rough ride in Benue and Taraba states but surely he would have a good show in Niger and Nasarawa and will win flat in all the 7 states in North West, win Gombe, Bauchi, Adamawa, Yobe and Borno. That's just for the northern states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by Nowenuse: 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2017
ihatesycophant:

You're streamlining your submission to a section of a state forgetting that politics is dynamic. The IGALA you're even putting in the equal even defeat your permutation. IGALA people will vote him and revote him again. The only place he will have problem is in Okunland and not Ibiraland and IGALAland. In Plateau state he would surely have a good fight and you should be sure he's going to win Kwara state, except Saraki defect to another party before the general election. Surely he may have a rough ride in Benue and Taraba states but surely he would have a good show in Niger and Nasarawa and will win flat in all the 7 states in North West, win Gombe, Bauchi, Adamawa, Yobe and Borno. That's just for the northern states.

The kind of boldness you use in analyzing the political scenario of my region is quite amazing. It almost seems like you now know my region more than me, well ok

But just to let you know that you are wrong in many areas. for instance, you are concluding that Buhari will win in Nasarawa. Why do you think so? Buhari has never won elections in Nasarawa state, not in 2011, not even in 2015, so why should he win now in 2019 when many people are now dissapointed in him? I hope any viewer and you yourself can see how flawed your predictions are? Based on this, i think i will decline this debate.
But just to make you see that middlebelt votes are not as predictable as you think. Our votes are usually heavily divided. Also, this is not 2015 when many people had high hopes on Buhari. Many people have lost hopes and are willing and perhaps desperate to try something entirely new and different.

I am promising you that the same way the support of GEJ fell from 8 states to 4 states in the middlebelt/NE region from 2011 to 2015 is most likely the same way Buhari's votes is falling too, perhaps worst.
Our people have no time for politics of bigotry, we leave that to Hausa people.

Besides don't forget that your own yoruba people (i highly suspect you to be a yoruba person from your comments and i hope you don't deny this).
Your own yoruba people usually split their votes. Yoruba people never vote 90-100% for one person/party. This was clearly seen in 2015, where even with all the high hopes and shouting for Buhari, yet PDP was able to secure at least 1/3 of yoruba votes. Let alone imagine now that many yorubas are obviously dissapointed with Buhari for scheming their leader Tinubu out of things and relegating their influence in the APC.
With this, it is very Clear that yoruba votes will be highly divided. This gives PDP a higher chance of winning.
APC cannot withstand a divided yoruba and middlebelt/NE.

We all know that Hausa-fulani and SE/SS always vote with bigotry in opposing sides and both of them are populous enough to cancel out each other. The battle ground is always yoruba land and middlebelt.
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by Nowenuse: 3:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
ihatesycophant:

You're streamlining your submission to a section of a state forgetting that politics is dynamic. The IGALA you're even putting in the equal even defeat your permutation. IGALA people will vote him and revote him again. The only place he will have problem is in Okunland and not Ibiraland and IGALAland. In Plateau state he would surely have a good fight and you should be sure he's going to win Kwara state, except Saraki defect to another party before the general election. Surely he may have a rough ride in Benue and Taraba states but surely he would have a good show in Niger and Nasarawa [/b]and will win flat in all the 7 states in North West,[b] win Gombe, Bauchi, Adamawa, Yobe and Borno. That's just for the northern states.

@your bolded. You said Buhari will win all the North west states flat. This further buttresses your ignorance and shallowness of northern politics and demographics.

Perhaps you think the entire length and breadth of North-west is Hausa-fulani populated. I laugh at you.
Buhari has never won election flat in Kaduna state. No! not when you have the millions of Southern Kaduna people in Kaduna. In 2015, the heavily populated Kaduna state was divided almost 50/50. Southern Kaduna people delivered about 1.2 million votes to GEJ against Buhari's 1.3 million votes, you can check the records. In 2015 when many were dissapointed in GEJ, yet he still got about 500k votes (about 32% Kaduna state's votes).
This same scenario played out in states like Kebbi and Kano (albeit) to a lesser degree where you also have a large population of northern minority groups and Igbo communities.

The North east has a worse case. In states like Gombe, Buhari has never won Gombe south senatorial district. Not in 2011, not in 2015. Likewise Borno south.
Adamawa votes are always almost equally divided. In 2011, PDP won Adamawa, in 2015 with all the hype for Buhari, he won, but not up to 60%.

This is typically unlike SE/SS where only in Edo state can you see a substantial support for anything APC. the rest votes overwhelmingly for one party. Buhari nor APC has never gotten up to 10% votes in other SE/SS states.
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by ihatesycophant(m): 6:19pm On Nov 27, 2017
Nowenuse:

@your bolded. You said Buhari will win all the North west states flat. This further buttresses your ignorance and shallowness of northern politics and demographics.

Perhaps you think the entire length and breadth of North-west is Hausa-fulani populated. I laugh at you.
Buhari has never won election flat in Kaduna state. No! not when you have the millions of Southern Kaduna people in Kaduna. In 2015, the heavily populated Kaduna state was divided almost 50/50. Southern Kaduna people delivered about 1.2 million votes to GEJ against Buhari's 1.3 million votes, you can check the records. In 2015 when many were dissapointed in GEJ, yet he still got about 500k votes (about 32% Kaduna state's votes).
This same scenario played out in states like Kebbi and Kano (albeit) to a lesser degree where you also have a large population of northern minority groups and Igbo communities.

The North east has a worse case. In states like Gombe, Buhari has never won Gombe south senatorial district. Not in 2011, not in 2015. Likewise Borno south.
Adamawa votes are always almost equally divided. In 2011, PDP won Adamawa, in 2015 with all the hype for Buhari, he won, but not up to 60%.

This is typically unlike SE/SS where only in Edo state can you see a substantial support for anything APC. the rest votes overwhelmingly for one party. Buhari nor APC has never gotten up to 10% votes in other SE/SS states.
It funny the way you see the Buhari voting population as only Hausa-Fulani. All the states you're mentioning and arrogating voting strength to PDP because of certain section of tribe, you will be shocked by 2019 that Nigerians have passed the stage of tribe or sectionalism or religion. All the privileges PDP had in 2015 in Kaduna because of SAMBO would not be there and I am sure the underground work they are going to do would make your like to go to coma. Even the PDP knows that North West is a hot zone for them, if not you supporter that is given yourself lifeline. Kaduna, Kano, Kastina, Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Niger, Jigawa is going to be won heavily by Buhari and no shortcuts.
To the North East, he's going to win Yobe, Bornu, Adamawa, Bauchi, Gombe.
To North Central, he'll win Nasarawa, Kogi, Kwara, and a good show in plateau.
South West, he will definitely clear Lagos, OGUN, Osun, Oyo, Ondo and Ekiti. If Tinubu and OBJ still back him in 2019.
In South South, he's going to win Edo and get minimum of 25 percent in rest.
In South South, this is the only region he would have problem but I belt you, he will deliver the 25 percent constitutional requirement.
Again you see voting in the lens of tribalism, looking at the section of people living in a place, forgetting that the real Nigerians have gone beyond religion or tribal inclination. You forgot that northern vote has always be who will preserve our interests and it has been like that from time memorial and I don't see it changed in 2019. All other tribes always fuss into the same ideology and that is why you see Igbo elders interface during the northern youths quit notice given to Igbo.
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by Nowenuse: 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
ihatesycophant:

It funny the way you see the Buhari voting population as only Hausa-Fulani. All the states you're mentioning and arrogating voting strength to PDP because of certain section of tribe, you will be shocked by 2019 that Nigerians have passed the stage of tribe or sectionalism or religion. All the privileges PDP had in 2015 in Kaduna because of SAMBO would not be there and I am sure the underground work they are going to do would make your like to go to coma. Even the PDP knows that North West is a hot zone for them, if not you supporter that is given yourself lifeline. Kaduna, Kano, Kastina, Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Niger, Jigawa is going to be won heavily by Buhari and no shortcuts.
To the North East, he's going to win Yobe, Bornu, Adamawa, Bauchi, Gombe.
To North Central, he'll win Nasarawa, Kogi, Kwara, and a good show in plateau.
South West, he will definitely clear Lagos, OGUN, Osun, Oyo, Ondo and Ekiti. If Tinubu and OBJ still back him in 2019.
In South South, he's going to win Edo and get minimum of 25 percent in rest.
In South South, this is the only region he would have problem but I belt you, he will deliver the 25 percent constitutional requirement.
Again you see voting in the lens of tribalism, looking at the section of people living in a place, forgetting that the real Nigerians have gone beyond religion or tribal inclination. You forgot that northern vote has always be who will preserve our interests and it has been like that from time memorial and I don't see it changed in 2019. All other tribes always fuss into the same ideology and that is why you see Igbo elders interface during the northern youths quit notice given to Igbo.

Honestly i give up on you.

The only wrong assumption i'd like to ccorrect here is your claim that the PDP had high votes in Kaduna in 2011 or 2015 because of Sambo. That is very false because PDP lost in Sambo's hometown (Zaria).
PDP lost in all Hausa-fulani parts of Kaduna (Northern Kaduna). Where they got their votes were the Southern Kaduna areas.

Pls stick to analysis of yoruba land politics because you know nothing about northern politics/demographics.
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by ihatesycophant(m): 9:28am On Nov 28, 2017
Nowenuse:

Honestly i give up on you.

The only wrong assumption i'd like to ccorrect here is your claim that the PDP had high votes in Kaduna in 2011 or 2015 because of Sambo. That is very false because PDP lost in Sambo's hometown (Zaria).
PDP lost in all Hausa-fulani parts of Kaduna (Northern Kaduna). Where they got their votes were the Southern Kaduna areas.

Pls stick to analysis of yoruba land politics because you know nothing about northern politics/demographics.
Your mindset of Hausa-Fulani are the only set that have been voting Buhari defeat your argument. The influence of SAMBO and the then state governor gave Jonathan the votes he garnered but I am telling you, that will not be there by 2019 and I pray you and I should be alive to witness that.
I've bookmarked this page and I will remind you.
You also thinking I am from South West it's the greatest challenge you have. I am from North Central like you and I am in best position to talk about North Central and Nigeria as a whole.
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by eventsms(m): 10:04am On Nov 28, 2017
final year project topics and materials website www.easyprojectmaterial.com
Re: 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Atiku, Says PDP by kcmichael: 10:19am On Nov 28, 2017
No northerner can defeat buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Charles Aniagwu: Wike Didn’t Respect Zoning In Rivers in 2015, Ayu Won’t Resign / Patience Jonathan Leaves German Hospital, Checks Into Hotel / Buhari Speaks At The United Nations, Vows To Reverse Climate Change In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.