Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Canada federal skilled workersProgram, - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada federal skilled workersProgram, (26340 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Liss: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2010
@ House

Any idea how long it takes for the office in Nova Scotia to reply the initial application sent in?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 9:10am On Jun 17, 2010
like 3 months don do now
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Liss: 10:48am On Jun 17, 2010
U sure? E fit pass o, As applications would be coming from all over the world. Can we please have a concrete response on this, NLnders?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2010
how long do u think read old replies now. and u cant even say how long cause anything can happen . just submit and remove ur mind from it .
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Nurudeena: 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2010
flushmedic,
Thank you so far,a cousin of my put in for this application with his intension that a country like nigeria will not be ask to write ITELS,to be frank he only had his formal education up to secondary school but with wealth experience as hotel manager,please he really want to know how hard is ITELS?
2.how is the possible way of it registration?
3.can i get a past question from you.
i will be glad if u can give assistance expecially in the area of past question.
i look 4ward to hearing frm u soonest.
cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Onyeara: 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2010
hi Nurudeena, you dont realy need the past questions per say, what you will need is a comprehensive test book like one Terry morgan &Judith Wilson. they come with cds for listening version and lots of examples to prepare you for the exam, used them and got 8 points in all.
You can get the new version awaiting release here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Focus-Academic-Skills-IELTS-Book/dp/140825901X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276800465&sr=8-3
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by halle2: 9:25pm On Jun 17, 2010
I just mailed my initial application via courier,(decided to use my hubby as principal applicant since he is more qualified), however in addition to Liss's question, i wanna know if I should fund my mastercard immediately as i indicated it as my mode of payment,or i should wait for them to respond to me. i want to know because once the mastercard is funded,my funds would be tied in the card if they dont consider the application. also i do not want a situation whereby they would want to take the fees and my card is not funded, whaddaya guys think?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 17, 2010
this process takes about 5-6 yrs for applicants outside Canada and the US.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by daddee: 7:47am On Jun 18, 2010
davidylan:

That was long time ago, now you can finish it within twelve calendar months
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Nurudeena: 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2010
Onyeara,
am very greatful for your contribution,how can i get a nearer date for the exam,my cousin need to take the exam within month of july.
Hecules07,
how were you able to get the exam done within 60 days they gave u,i had their is always a long people booking to take the exam,well my cousin reside in lagos here and want the exam done before end of july as is 120days notice to submit to accra will end by 10th august.
I look forward to hearing from you guys soonest.
Cheers.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 10:45am On Jun 21, 2010
davidylan:

lai lai , have u ever applied. its 6 months -1 year

Nurudeena:

Onyeara,
am very greatful for your contribution,how can i get a nearer date for the exam,my cousin need to take the exam within month of july.
Hecules07,
how were you able to get the exam done within 60 days they gave u,i had their is always a long people booking to take the exam,well my cousin reside in lagos here and want the exam done before end of july as is 120days notice to submit to accra will end by 10th august.
I look forward to hearing from you guys soonest.
Cheers.

i dont think u can make that july , if u dont take time sef august will be filled up , check on line to see
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2010
ajison3:

lai lai , have u ever applied. its 6 months -1 year

i dont think u can make that july , if u dont take time sef august will be filled up , check on line to see

check this
https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckAvailability.aspx
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by dandollar1: 3:16pm On Jun 21, 2010
hi
please is one with 5yrs banking experience but with a first degree in chemical engineering qualified to apply under the skilled workers and professionals category?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by dove24u(m): 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2010
ajison3:

check this
https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckAvailability.aspx

Hurry up to register:
17 July 2010

05 August 2010 These two dates still available
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 8:25am On Jun 22, 2010
dan_dollar:

hi
please is one with 5yrs banking experience but with a first degree in chemical engineering qualified to apply under the skilled workers and professionals category?

dan forget u have 5 years experience in banking not in chemical engineering so apply under banking now abi
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Hotstepper(f): 2:38am On Jun 24, 2010
Everyone should reard this as it is very important
http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jun/23/803.html
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 9:52am On Jun 24, 2010
Hotstepper:

Everyone should reard this as it is very important
http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jun/23/803.html

not bad not bad @ all
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Nurudeena: 9:50pm On Jun 24, 2010
jnze,
Have u receive any e-mail frm flushmedic concern the lawyer he use for his application?,i need to hear frm him also;if u have is e-mail address pls send it to nayantunde@yahoo.com or 08029301757.
i need to see flushmedic.
Cheers.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by jnze: 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2010
No , not yet. Still waiting. Will be gratefull if he could post it here.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by fineboy69: 2:42am On Jun 26, 2010
Good day everyone.Please i just joined in and a new member.Can some one please clarify me on this topic cuz av been on it for months without success.What is the first step to take and how do i get to pay the processing fee and to where,lagos,ghana or canada??After takin the self assessment test,do i mail my completed forms to them or pay first, Please i need urgent answers, Thank u
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Abiodunanthony: 8:47am On Jun 27, 2010
Hello friends online,can u plis tell me if i must have a relative in canada b4 i can file an application? Am i qualify as a teacher with almost 11yrs work experience? Please kindly let me know the processes involve in this progrograme to know if i am qualify or not,becouse i don't av any relative in canada,or can i link myself with somebody there if its allowed? Thanks fellow nairalander,your quick response would be of great help to me,we shall all get to our promise land.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Abiodunanthony: 9:45am On Jun 27, 2010
Friends, must i make d payment while filling d first application or when i got a reply from then accepting my application? If i don't av enough money for every member of my family,can i apply alone leaving my wife and children? Please advice me.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Nurudeena: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2010
GUYS,
nine noc jobs number are no more eligiable again and some jobs have been added to list of ministerial list of jobs,so always visit www.cic.gc.ca 4 better clarification b4 applying.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by DaRealman1: 7:50am On Jun 28, 2010
Hi Room,
Can anyone advice me on where to train for ielts in nigeria since it's one of the requirments for federal skilled worker stuff?
I triedn the eligibility test on the cic website and score 69. What's the chance that i'll still score the same when I submit my application?
How long does this process take? I intend dong my CCNP beofre applying, is it really important or I should just start now. I have an HND in computer Science and over six years work experience as an IT officer in a financial institution.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2010
men na wa ooo, this canada people na wa ooo dey have removed 9 occupation sha . No banking ,No IT , men na wa oooo
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 2:46pm On Jun 28, 2010
@ anthony forget it u cant apply , everthing don change since saturday , Canada no longer needs teachers.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Rare(m): 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2010
ajison3:

men na wa ooo, this canada people na wa ooo dey have removed 9 occupation sha . No banking ,No IT , men na wa oooo

Actually it depend on which IT branch. For software industry, these are the identified skills shortages culled from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/special-tech.asp

To fill critical shortages in Canada’s software industry, Canada has a simplified entry process for workers whose skills are in high demand in that industry.

Under this process, no confirmation letter from Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) is necessary for specific jobs when hiring a foreign worker, since it will not have a negative impact on Canadian or permanent-resident job seekers and workers.

This means that if you are coming to Canada to work in one of the jobs listed below, you do not need a letter from HRSDC, and your work permit application may be processed more quickly.

Click the links below to view the description for the job.

Note: It is up to your employer to make sure the job you are being offered falls under one of these descriptions.

Senior Animation Effects Editor (NOC 9990.1)
Embedded Systems Software Designer (NOC 9990.2)
MIS Software Designer (NOC 9990.3)
Multimedia Software Developer (NOC 9990.4)
Software Developer—Services (NOC 9990.5)
Software Products Developer (NOC 9990.6)
Telecommunications Software Designer (NOC 9990.7)
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by tunnytox(m): 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2010
Bad! they have removed most occupations that will be easier for Nigerians to apply for! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 8:20am On Jun 30, 2010
now we have plumber , electrician etc , how can electrician raise 164 k just for processing alone o, then 25 k for medical test etc . man me this oyinbo people na wa o
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 19, 2010
Does any1 knw if me and my galfrend of 2 yrs who js got her msc from a uk university qualifies to apply under the common law partner tin and what evidence we need to show to prove we'r common law partners as we dnt hv any legally bindin doc
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by lovelynk(f): 1:19am On Jul 19, 2010
hello all,
pls is it possible to send application direct to the central office in Canada and have the case processed at the Ghana office/embassy.
Also,wat are other fess are involved apart from the application wc i understand is 550 canada dollars?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. / Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect / New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.