Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 (58235 Views)

Everton Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 10th December 2023 / Dundalk Vs Arsenal : Europa League (2 - 4) On 10th December 2020 / Chelsea Vs Lille : UCL (2 - 1) On 10th December 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Godwin616: 1:00am On Dec 11, 2017
osazsky:
Spain and Italy has dominated d UCL for decades with real 13times baca 5 or so ac millan inter, d English teams u mentioned won by fluke, liechester won the EPL 2 seasons ago does DAT make dem a good team , am not understanding ur argument o , Spain dominates and will continue to dominate, . this year UCL we b won by baca, save this post . I will remained u in June or so

Lol. Barca ke? They won't even get to the final.Barca is not in form, they are just struggling. Watch as Man City will humble Barca if they get to meet them along the line as the competition progresses.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Jaysmart7: 1:31am On Dec 11, 2017
Godwin616:

Lol. Barca ke? They won't even get to the final.Barca is not in form, they are just struggling. Watch as Man City will humble Barca if they get to meet them along the line as the competition progresses.
na so man
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Nobody: 4:29am On Dec 11, 2017
Zeeeeeeek:

Call a spade a spade pls, Morinho is d problem of man. U, he wanted to play dis same pattern in Madrid, buh Madrid exco told him dat playing a defensive pattern against yr rival means u admit he is better dan u, Man. U is too big to play defensive game against any team, dis same defensive style made Hazard to say Chelsea were not meant to play futbal, I can tell u guys categorically dat d problem is not Lukaku, its simply Murinho's pattern, G. Jesus was not isolated in man. U box alone
Yea very correct...special one is negative...i heard he is the one who stopped cr7s entertaining football
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by IstandWitBuhari: 5:49am On Dec 11, 2017
sirfee:
Lol,match never end na.

Match don end now
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by andrew444(m): 6:55am On Dec 11, 2017
dabossman:

Name 3 Spanish teams that have won the Champions League since inception. I dare you.

I will mention 5 English teams that have won it. Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea.

Oya, your turn.

Spanish don't need to have 3 teams,Madrid 12 times and Barca 5 combined together shows Spain is the best, Oya name England club that has won champions league back to back?oya name England Club that has won europa league 3 times in a row?
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by andrew444(m): 7:06am On Dec 11, 2017
Jokerman:

Guy Mourinho won treble with grandies such as Zanetti, thiago Motta etc.... so??

You think Italian league is EPL,he won treble with grandies,and his Italian rivals like ac Milan juventus also have old leg in their team,so why won't he win?
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by ehis05(m): 8:31am On Dec 11, 2017
Sheun001:

Buh my Morata better pass am 10times
am a chelsea fan too...i wudnt even knw who to pick between dem...what am sure of is dat u cnt always rely on dem to deliver..there off days are way too much...so me sef tire for dem...abi u no watch our match against westham
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Sheun001(m): 8:37am On Dec 11, 2017
ehis05:
am a chelsea fan too...i wudnt even knw who to pick between dem...what am sure of is dat u cnt always rely on dem to deliver..there off days are way too much...so me sef tire for dem...abi u no watch our match against westham

Morata wasn't the fault of that match
They were all tired coupled with the fact conte made wrong selection
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Wahala90: 8:50am On Dec 11, 2017
Some yeye people go dey compare LaLiga with EPL. Stop arguing shit, there is a UEFA ranking:

Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by dabossman(m): 8:57am On Dec 11, 2017
andrew444:

Spanish don't need to have 3 teams,Madrid 12 times and Barca 5 combined together shows Spain is the best, Oya name England club that has won champions league back to back?oya name England Club that has won europa league 3 times in a row?

You young chaps really need to learn your football history before you come online to talk. Liverpool have won the champions league back to back, followed immediately by Nottingham Forest who also won it back to back.

And while no English team have won Europa league back to back, different English teams won the competition for 6 years in a row, same as the champions league.

The argument that EPL is overrated is a silly one if the league in questions is among the top 3 of all times across all competitions; way ahead German Bundesliga, French Championat, Dutch Erevidisie and many more.

And why shouldn't Spain be able to boast of more than two teams if the league is so super? Even the Dutch league can boast of 3 teams that have won the UCL. Goes to show that without Barca and Madrid, La liga is no better than Belgian League. tongue
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Wahala90: 9:34am On Dec 11, 2017
dabossman:

You young chaps really need to learn your football history before you come online to talk. Liverpool have won the champions league back to back, followed immediately by Nottingham Forest who also won it back to back.

And while no English team have won Europa league back to back, different English teams won the competition for 6 years in a row, same as the champions league.

The argument that EPL is overrated is a silly one if the league in questions is among the top 3 of all times across all competitions; way ahead German Bundesliga, French Championat, Dutch Erevidisie and many more.

And why shouldn't Spain be able to boast of more than two teams if the league is so super? Even the Dutch league can boast of 3 teams that have won the UCL. Goes to show that without Barca and Madrid, La liga is no better than Belgian League. tongue

If you are trying to compare Premier league with LaLiga, then your points are poo. However, if you are saying the premier league is not a poo. as some persons think, that it is still better than some leagues in Europe, then you have a point. Which are you saying?
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by judedwriter(m): 9:43am On Dec 11, 2017
After this lost, and maybe after conceding the premiership to their noisy neighbours; Manchester united's attention is now to the UCL draws today. Can they win it? But who will they draw with? Juventus, real madrid?
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by dabossman(m): 9:45am On Dec 11, 2017
Wahala90:

If you are trying to compare Premier league with LaLiga, then your points are poo. However, if you are saying the premier league is not a poo. as some persons think, then you have a point. Which are you saying?

I'm saying people should stop making the EPL out to be a crap league. Yes, La liga is on top now, but history has shown that domination of the champions league by one country's league is not perpetual. These things go round. La liga is on the ascendancy now, which is okay. But other leagues like Italy, England and Germany have had their own spells of dominance. And the cycle will still turn again like it has many times before.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Wahala90: 9:52am On Dec 11, 2017
andrew444:

You think Italian league is EPL,he won treble with grandies,and his Italian rivals like ac Milan juventus also have old leg in their team,so why won't he win?

You failed to mention beating Chelsea, Barcelona and Bayern, scoring more goals than each of these top clubs.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Sanchez01: 10:09am On Dec 11, 2017
dabossman:

Name 3 Spanish teams that have won the Champions League since inception. I dare you.

I will mention 5 English teams that have won it. Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea.

Oya, your turn.
Just so you know, ALL FIVE English teams that have won the Champions league, jointly hold a total of 12 trophies, the same as a Real Madrid alone undecided
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Wahala90: 10:10am On Dec 11, 2017
dabossman:

I'm saying people should stop making the EPL out to be a crap league. Yes, La liga is on top now, but history has shown that domination of the champions league by one country's league is not perpetual. These things go round. La liga is on the ascendancy now, which is okay. But other leagues like Italy, England and Germany have had their own spells of dominance. And the cycle will still turn again like it has many times before.

Ok. I get it. The EPL is not a rubbish league cos they have also enjoyed a measure of success at some time. However, I think the point for the LaLiga is that they have been more successful than any particular league. You get that?
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Sanchez01: 10:11am On Dec 11, 2017
dabossman:

Nottingham Forest won back to back Champions League by fluke? Jesus, go learn your soccer history.

Meanwhile, you haven't answered the question. Name a third team from Spain that has won the UCL. Even Dutch league can boast of Ajax, PSV and Dortmund.

Mind you Liverpool have won it 5 times too.
Dortmund is a Dutch team? I'm sure you meant Feyenoord.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by dabossman(m): 10:15am On Dec 11, 2017
Sanchez01:

Dortmund is a Dutch team? I'm sure you meant Feyenoord.

Yes, I meant Feyenoord. Thanks.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by popizaino(m): 10:17am On Dec 11, 2017
LesbianBoy:
If man city wins this match
I repeat...
If man city wins this match
I will stop watching football and I mean it!!!
Man Utd to win!!! angry
so shall it be.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Sanchez01: 10:21am On Dec 11, 2017
dabossman:

The EPL is overrated. So much viewership with so little European success. The case with the La Liga is simply joint monopoly, dominantly dictated by Real Madrid and Barcelona. Regardless, EPL teams are nowhere near the La Liga teams if we end up matching them.

Real Madrid - ?
Barcelona - ?
Atletico Madrid - Chelsea
Valencia
Sevilla
Athletic Bilbao
Villareal
Real Sociedad

Care to match the above teams with worthy EPL opponents
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by dabossman(m): 10:25am On Dec 11, 2017
Wahala90:

Ok. I get it. The EPL is not a rubbish league cos they have also enjoyed a measure of success at some time. However, I think the point for the LaLiga is that they have been more successful than any particular league. You get that?

Of course I get that, and it is as a result of recent dominance. As recently as 2012, it was Spain's 13 to England's 12 in the UCL. That was just 5 years ago, not ancient history. As much as we have our preferences due to club affiliations, people should not make unfounded statements. Banter I understand, but when you now try to twist facts that is available to all, I draw the line.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Androidking: 10:26am On Dec 11, 2017
First of all Individually Lukaku Messed up but as a team Mou also messed up .

Befor Pogba injury Man u was up front team with at least 4 goals per match and Lukaku always involved in each goal per match either goal or assist .

Den d injury comes You changed Lukaku mentality just like he did with Mikel Obi.

Lukaku started to drop deep to help d defence .not every strike has d capability to defend but Mourihno is forcing him to do so .both in training and in d pitch . mentally its removing/reducing d attacking physic in Lukaku .

Lukaku by default is a goal porcher nothing more nothing less .he is not a passer or a dribbler , he doesn't mark d ball Man united boutgh him just to porch d goal . and that should always be his main focus of training its left more mourihno to find pogba replacement or change a tactics that will not make lukaku drop back . Man united defence and keep is already OK so no need dropping ur top 9 too deep. Mourihno is killing lukaku because d training advice is not divided in to attack and defence .it suppose to be attack only .d more u train for goals d better u become .no telling a strike (goal pitcher) to train for goals and at d same time train to help in defence .

I will also think he (the coach) need to trust Mata too in big games its not all about muscle .its about football sense . strength and power with out brain is so useless .Mata is a perfect replacement for pogba we need to trust him believe in him . and we will see him making Lukaku to score again .
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Androidking: 10:28am On Dec 11, 2017
Every match is an eye opener .this match simply implies that man u can attack well and score goals and defend well too especially with big teams.

The also proves that Man city are not so special.

Just d DAT fear is d best form of defeat .

Teams will stop being afraid of them now .they have one of the weakness defence in premier league .d problem is can u over come your fear and come out
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by dabossman(m): 10:39am On Dec 11, 2017
Sanchez01:

The EPL is overrated. So much viewership with so little European success. The case with the La Liga is simply joint monopoly, dominantly dictated by Real Madrid and Barcelona. Regardless, EPL teams are nowhere near the La Liga teams if we end up matching them.

Real Madrid - ?
Barcelona - ?
Atletico Madrid - Chelsea
Valencia
Sevilla
Athletic Bilbao
Villareal
Real Sociedad

Care to match the above teams with worthy EPL opponents

@Wahala90, see what I mean. "Little European success". As if he can name four leagues that have more success than the English league. Sometimes, l wonder if folks know the real meaning of the word overrated. It's like saying Barcelona is overrated because Madrid have won more champions league titles.

As for the comparison you are making, you can never compare teams like Bilboa, Villarreal, Soceidad etc with teams like Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Everton etc until they play together consistently in a league format. Notice, I excluded Man Utd and Liverpool who are the two most successful English teams. The comparison is mute, especially when you consider that even Leicester defeated Sevilla in the UCL round of 16 last season and Spurs got the better of all mighty Madrid this season.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Iamthoney(m): 11:17am On Dec 11, 2017
dabossman:

Nottingham Forest won back to back Champions League by fluke? Jesus, go learn your soccer history.

Meanwhile, you haven't answered the question. Name a third team from Spain that has won the UCL. Even Dutch league can boast of Ajax, PSV and Dortmund.

Mind you Liverpool have won it 5 times too.
Dortmund a Dutch league club? Ayam not understanding oooo
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by dabossman(m): 11:32am On Dec 11, 2017
Iamthoney:
Dortmund a Dutch league club? Ayam not understanding oooo

Cool your jets bruv. I meant Feyernoord.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Cynate(f): 11:47am On Dec 11, 2017
Eleniyan15:

Lol naxo

We dey viewing center here..see as we grab each other when manU score!!!

Football nah juju irrespective of tribe nah one love everybody!!!!

Go GGMU
Mou messed up Man Utd
Lukaku is useless jooor
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by laliga01: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2017
Why is everybody shouting "lukaku why"? He is playing with instructions.
This guy is a striker, he shouldn't be in our box, rather at the center line incase of a counter. I guess the coach has a better idea.
He was unfortunate not to get a goal in this match.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Eleniyan15: 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2017
Cynate:

Mou messed up Man Utd
Lukaku is useless jooor

It well....how i wish mancity lost the match jan would have been more interesting
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by Mirallas: 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2017
szen:
United need correct wingers. Rashi, lingers and martial are trying, but there're not natural wingers. How did they not see Salah?
I hope u know Mourinho does not like players without physique,height,strength and most importantly hardworking and qualities.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th December 2017 by plenitude(m): 5:35pm On Dec 11, 2017
szen:

grin brethren , your confidence is LEGENDARY !
cry
szen:

grin brethren , your confidence is LEGENDARY !

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Vs Arsenal :UCL (5 - 1) On 15th February 2017 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 6th May 2018 / Liverpool Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 19th April 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.