Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" (43631 Views)

Isaac Oyedepo: We Are Not Photocopies Of Our Parents’ Calling / Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 25, 2017
All these so-called men of God sef.

Father Lord is watching. undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by utenwuson: 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
I don't even need to read all this crap...... just shut the school if u know u ain't making profit Mr private jet

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Captain6(m): 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
Statsocial:
APART FROM INSECURITY, CORRUPTION IS ANOTHER PROBLEM IN NIGERIA. WE HAVE LOOTING HERE AND THERE WHICH IS ALSO CAPABLE OF CAUSING UNREST. WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THE CORRUPTION IN THE COUNTRY?

That comes down to the kind of education that we offer. This is nothing but the expression of the content of the men. For instance, I have never given a bribe and I would be the last to give a bribe. I would rather die than give one. And those who collect bribe know that they can’t collect from me. Corruption has stayed with us for too long and I think it is a breeding ground for revolution. There is nothing happening in any private university today that would not have happened more in public universities, but for leakages here and there. But my understanding is that the church has a place of intense prayers because only God can change the hearts of men. People seek for appointment today not because of what they want to contribute but what they would have to share. Everybody is bothered, I am bothered. The rate of corruption in our society as Nigerians and Africans is enormous. But the church needs to be the example of what it wants to see in the society as far as corruption is concerned. Be that example; be able to say no and stand with it like Daniel. Right now, unlike in the time past, there are many Christians occupying sensitive positions at all strata of both public and private sectors. If the church people really come to a point of taking a stand against corruption, it would affect and impact Nigeria and the citizens positively.

SOME PEOPLE THINK THERE ARE TOO MANY CHURCHES IN NIGERIA AND THE BEST WAY TO MAKE MONEY IS TO ESTABLISH A CHURCH...…

Let them go and start one. Almost every house in some parts of Nigeria is a mosque. So what is the complaint about? Multitudes still flock the roads on Sunday mornings going nowhere. Are churches enough? No. Until everybody is saved and everybody is off the street on Sunday mornings, we don’t have enough churches. So for those who are angry, they would be angry for too long because we haven’t seen churches yet. A time is coming on Sunday morning that we won’t see anybody on the street, because they would be in church. And those who go to church to make money go bankrupt before they start. Church is not a money-making platform; it is a life-raising platform.

There are many men and women who are coming out to start stronger ministries than the ones we are doing. So, you can’t say enough. Enough of what? Why don’t you say people in the market are enough? Somebody else is starting shoe or wrist watch business today in spite of the millions that are in it in Nigeria. Some barbers are just graduating today to join the company of barbers in the country already, yet we didn’t say they are enough. So, what’s the headache? My submission is that we don’t have near enough churches in Nigeria yet and the ones we have are doing well. I can tell you that there are hundreds and thousands of vibrant and Bible-believing, heaven-focused and life-changing churches, founded by genuine people who are called by God and are pursuing their callings and ours is just only a little thing out of too many, and many more would still rise, so anybody that wants to be angry can just get ready to be more angry. Church is not a money-making venture, those who are saying it is should open one and they would make a lot of money.
Culled from Churchgist
I have never F**ked a girl too
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by ehissi(m): 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
Make sense
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by ybalogs(m): 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
Statsocial:

I think everyone knows very clearly that Church Universities amongst Private Universities are the Cheapest.
At least i have visited many Universities and i know that One year tuition of Nile University can school a person in Landmark for 7 years yet Landmark has one of the best Infrastructures in the Country, Same Nile tuition would school a person for Five years in Covenant.
Even Alhikmah which is not even near Landmark in anything is either more costly or same in price. Secondly, Private Universities are way different from each other, some are content with part time lecturers and a system without research work while some are not and even with part time lecturers you can't charge anything less than 400k in the long run.
Ask Western Delta University, when the student were no longer coming they had to compromise and tell students to come from home and pay 400k this is to evade the cost of Electricity and ensuring tuition was low.
Please get your facts right before posting here. Al Hikmah to covenant is like free education to private schools in Lekki. I don't know for Niles and Landmark though.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Primusinterpares(m): 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2017
Seriously

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by jordyspices: 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2017
true dat
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by MrPristine: 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2017
Shameless fraudster. angry

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Alariiwo: 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2017
Na so..

You are not making profit but gains, reason why you have private jets and can build more Covenant outside the country.

Continue amassing wealth o.. you won't take 5 kobo with you to the afterlife.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by ngwababe(f): 7:03pm On Nov 25, 2017
Very simple..." If you think we are doing business, go and open yours". Gbagam!!!!!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by cruzydal(m): 7:05pm On Nov 25, 2017
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Shaw007(m): 7:05pm On Nov 25, 2017
IS THERE ANY WAY WE CAN TRANSLATE THIS INTO THE NIGERIAN SYSTEM?

It is possible by believing in the capability and capacity of Nigerians to do whatever they need to do. This is the largest church auditorium in the world. It’s 104m free span wide. Even one of the reputed foreign construction companies (Julius Berger) came here to take pictures. Nigerians have unusual capacity to match any expertise in the world in any field they are involved in. Most of us go to school in foreign lands and we beat them, is it that when they get here, they become smarter? It’s just for the authorities at the various levels to believe that we cannot develop ourselves seeking foreign aides for everything. We must take advantage of the opportunities around us to develop the capacity of our men and women. This office (Church Headquarters) was built in 2001 and it’s neat and there is no crack on the wall, so, what is the problem? But if we want to do anything, we must give it to people from foreign countries so that those who award the contract can have a deal and share the money and at the end of the day, they are still poorer than poverty because any money stolen never enhances a man’s value.
if you did not read anything, read this.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Nuelstar(m): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2017
well said by the Bishop
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by skills50(m): 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2017
multi colored lies

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by ettybaba(m): 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2017
jeeqaa7:
Go and sit down
Is that all you can say to debunk what the Bishop said?
More annoiting to you Bishop Oyedepo sir.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by iamfromlagos(f): 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2017
*yimu *
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Benteroine(m): 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Desyner: 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2017
Haters will run with this.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Ximonak: 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2017
Shaw007:
if you did not read anything, read this.

Many people will not see these various points

We’ve been here (Canaanland) since 1999 and we have never had power outage or water shortage. The main players are Nigerians, the builders are Nigerians
Meaning our government just don't want any sector in Nigeria to work, because they have all the resources but corruption will make them ignore it.

There is no building here that any foreign expert took part in. There is no foreign company’s presence here, including the (Faith) tabernacle. Some of the revered foreign companies here in Nigeria are technicians in Germany, and they are all political contractors, not that they have something special to offer....

....Nigerians have unusual capacity to match any expertise in the world in any field they are involved in. Most of us go to school in foreign lands and we beat them, is it that when they get here, they become smarter? It’s just for the authorities at the various levels to believe that we cannot develop ourselves seeking foreign aides for everything. If we want to do anything, we must give it to people from foreign countries so that those who award the contract can have a deal and share the money and at the end of the day, they are still poorer than poverty because any money stolen never enhances a man’s value

He just described why Nigeria will always be backward for now.
Our leader are just selfish

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Smutt360raven: 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2017
The gullible ones would keep believing this liars.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2017
StrangePrick:
Mtseew stupid man
YOU ARE THE STUPID ONE BRO,,,...................

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Organizer111222(m): 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2017
Me i do not have time to read this long epistle, but all i know is that oyedepo just lied.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Ramwab94(m): 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
UyiIredia:
I thibk critics of Oyedepo and tge likes nedd ro be balanced. Critocoze if you must but it will be grossly unfair if you undermjne or misportray the good they fo. I was a CU student one time they are quietly progressing the country and deserve commendation for it. In fact, if churches prioritized such initiatives as much as church activities I wpuld nit conplain about religion being a hindrance which unfortunately it is.
You are truly a CU GRADUATE. See as autocorrect do you strong thing. Bros abeg modify your comment.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Ehi07(f): 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2017
They way some people come online and insult people clearly older than they are and also men of God just shows that they weren't raised right.
If you don't have something nice to say can't you just shut up and pass? Must you show how poorly you were raised?
When God decides to punish you now you will start accusing your village people.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
P.S. NO MAN OF GOD PUTS A GUN ON YOUR HEAD TO PAY TITHE OR GIVE OFFERING.
IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GIVE DON'T GIVE. BUT PLEASE JUST SHUT UP AND LET THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN GIVING GIVE. IT'S NOT FROM YOUR POCKET AND WE AREN'T COMPLAINING.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by adadike281(f): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
Baba, show us the school's bank statement. undecided
biko, bata k'anyi suo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by stinggy(m): 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2017
Statsocial:

I think everyone knows very clearly that Church Universities amongst Private Universities are the Cheapest.
At least i have visited many Universities and i know that One year tuition of Nile University can school a person in Landmark for 7 years yet Landmark has one of the best Infrastructures in the Country, Same Nile tuition would school a person for Five years in Covenant.
Even Alhikmah which is not even near Landmark in anything is either more costly or same in price. Secondly, Private Universities are way different from each other, some are content with part time lecturers and a system without research work while some are not and even with part time lecturers you can't charge anything less than 400k in the long run.
Ask Western Delta University, when the student were no longer coming they had to compromise and tell students to come from home and pay 400k this is to evade the cost of Electricity and ensuring tuition was low.
What's Nile Uni's fee? How about Landmark and Al-hikma too?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Desyner: 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2017
utenwuson:
I don't even need to read all this crap...... just shut the school if u know u ain't making profit Mr private jet
When Bill Gates stops his charities then cos there is no profit in it I will support you with your daft submission.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by djbussy(m): 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
School Fees Structure for 100 Level 2017/2018 Session

S/N Programme Fees in Naira
1. Accounting 857,500
2. Banking & Finance 817,500
3. Business Administration 817,500
4. Demography & Social Statistics 817,500
5. Economics 817,500
6. Industrial Relations & Human Resource Management 817,500
7. International Relations 857,500
8. Marketing 817,500
9. Policy & Strategic Studies 857,500
10. Political Science 857,500
11. English Language 857,500
12. Psychology/Counselling 857,500
13. Sociology 817,500
14. Mass Comm./Publ. Rel. & Advert. 857,500
15. Architecture 857,500
16. Engineering Courses 882,500
17. Computer Science 857,500
18. Biochemistry 865,000
19. Microbiology 865,000
20. Ind. / Physics/Mathematics 865,000
21. Ind. Chemistry 857,500
22. Building Technology 857,500
23. MIS 857,500
24. Estate Management 857,500
25. Biology 857,500
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by nnamene55(m): 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2017
O.P can I get your WHATSAPP number please.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by emorse(m): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
Statsocial:

@ bolded
Are you joking? I have a good number of close friends who went to private unis. At least two of them went to CU so I have an idea of the differences in the fees they paid. Church unis are no where near the cheapest sir.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by God2man(m): 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
The Church is Marching on

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" by Desyner: 7:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ramwab94:
You are truly a CU GRADUATE. See as autocorrect do you strong thing. Bros abeg modify your comment.
There is no biggie in those typos. The guy is alright.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Wears N580k Guccify Hoodie On Visit To Cambridge (Pics) / Pastor Leke Adeboye Gifts Corn Seller N10k (Video) / Nathaniel Bassey: COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Ordeal Is God's Hand In Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.