Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,856 members, 7,806,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger (2454 Views)

It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! / Buhari: Amaechi Created Problem For Me In South-East / FFK And Wife, Precious Arrive Enugu For Igbo And Yoruba Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by AlNur: 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2017
One of the major problems militating against southern unity is the south-east and their victim mentality.

Especially concerning the issue of who is Igbo.

It is a known fact that Nzeogwu led a coup termed "Igbo coup" whose results was untold hardship and a genocide upon people of majorly Igbo ancestry and generally, the old eastern region.

However, my Igbo brothers who have found theirselves on the eastern borders of the Niger river wants to claim all the devastation to themselves.

They want us to say we didn't suffer also the destructions of lives and properties, just because some river acts as divide.

They're all too willing to talk about the marginalization they suffer because they "stood up against the Nigerian forces", conveniently forgetting officers and men from the west of the river Niger who led such resilience.

They don't talk about the Asaba massacre, it goes against their beliefs that they were the saviours who had to be hung on the cross.

In the most unruly and self serving manner, they want to tell you your own history and how saturated an Igbo you are.

They have arrogated to themselves "pure Igbo" and as the Jews did to the Samaritans, every other Igbo not domiciled in the south-east is an alloy.

Then when they realize that things have started favoring their "impure" brothers, they start fraternizing.

When Mike Okiro became IGP, they said, he wasn't "pure Igbo". Same was said for Ezeoba(chief of naval staff under Jonathan), currently also for our state minister for petroleum and then the CBN governor.

What they fail to realize is that the same marginalization they moan about is what we face, even in greater proportions, but we graciously challenge them and have pockets of victories.

Politically, Igbos stand a higher chance with a candidate from the "non-core Igbo states", yet, our brothers would rather die in marginalization than watch any other "who didn't sacrifice during the war" ascend, answering Igbo.

They formulated and introduced the derogatory term "delta Igbo", (a very effective tool used in the continuing division encouraged by her enemies), just to be sanctimonious and reinforce the "purebreed" mentality.

How then do we blame those who have grown up to believe they aren't Igbos, even though they bear Igbo names and practice Igbo traditions.

Let's get over the past and come together and forge a better future, for as a saying goes "united we stand, divided we fall".

Umuigbo, Igbo wu ofu!

N.D.I

4 Likes

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by whitebeard(m): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
Na now u just dey know..!?
Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by PenlsCaP: 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by sarrki(m): 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Ermacc: 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2017
This is grossly incorrect, when we say Igbo, we are referring to all the states in the southeast ( Anambra, Abia, Enugu, Imo, Ebonyi) and a little part of delta and rivers states. Stop regarding south southern states as non pure igbo, there are not igbo at all.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Yyeske(m): 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2017
Peniscap, I sight you so say something
Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by PenlsCaP: 2:58pm On Nov 25, 2017
Yyeske:
Peniscap, I sight you so say something

Heheheheh.
Trust ur nairaland daddy na grin
No1 father u like me grin
Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Yyeske(m): 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
@topic, I still have this feeling that ndigbo east of the Niger are majorly causing that dichotomy between east and western Igbos because they still feel they bore much of the brunt and casualties of the civil war.
Just as the OP said, most Igbos east of the Niger still feel any appointment to an Igbo west of the Niger isn't for them.
I know some cry babies will still come and call me and the OP afonja, FYI abum Nwa afor east of the Niger.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Yyeske(m): 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2017
PenlsCaP:

Heheheheh.
Trust ur nairaland daddy na grin
No1 father u like me grin
Stop yapping and say something about the topic at hand
Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Iykmann(m): 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2017
If you're Igbo you're Igbo, if you're not you're not.

18 Likes

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by magoo10(m): 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2017
You cannot be talking of one igbo yet come up with a caption that is not only insulting on the genarity of the igbos but also segregating.

The igbo problem as regards the body of the write up is a deliberate act of the political class and not the ordinary igbo man persay.
Let us not mislead the public ,the igboman see people from all areas as is brother, from bendel to Asaba, to ikwerre and even ijaw we are all one, it is the political class that have intentionally put an hindrance to the oneness of the igbo nation. wink

The igbos are united now than ever, no amount of propaganda by apc zombified agents can put asunder, especially the shameless ones trying so hard, claiming to be igbo.

22 Likes

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by PenlsCaP: 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2017
Yyeske:
@topic, I still have this feeling that ndigbo east of the Niger are majorly causing that dichotomy between east and western Igbos because they still feel they bore much of the brunt and casualties of the civil war.
Just as the OP said, most Igbos east of the Niger still feel any appointment to an Igbo west of the Niger isn't for them.
I know some cry babies will still come and call me and the OP afonja, FYI abum Nwa afor east of the Niger.

U dont need to lay emphasis on that my son!
We already know u ar afonja.
I AM UR FATHER u cant fo.ol ur father even when i fool other Nlanders... heheheeh

I think u should be more concerned why Yoruba muslims hate their yoruba christian brothers so much.. even to the extent of no allowing marriages between them.

Im concernd because i have many yoeuba christian friends.
And one of best friend had his proposed marrieage dashed because the gal she love so much was a yoruba muslim..

Heheheh grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by PenlsCaP: 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2017
Yyeske:
Stop yapping and say something about the topic at hand

Mr son.!!..Learn wisdom from ur father.
Dont be faster than ur shadow. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by OreMI22: 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2017
These Fulani people are truly obsessed with fostering deceit to advance their strategy of DIVIDE and RULE

13 Likes

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
Anioma state loading
Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Yyeske(m): 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
PenlsCaP:

Mr son.!!..Learn wisdom from ur father.
Dont be faster than ur shadow. grin
I don't expect more than this from you, people of low intellect behave same way.
Instead of discussing the topic at hand, they'd rather walk around it and will finally expose their stupidity for the whole world to see

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Yyeske(m): 3:22pm On Nov 25, 2017
OreMI22:
These Fulani people are truly obsessed with fostering deceit to advance their strategy of DIVIDE and RULE
Was the word Fulani mentioned in the write up?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by PenlsCaP: 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
Yyeske:
I don't expect more than this from you, people of low intellect behave same way.
Instead of discussing the topic at hand, they'd rather walk around it and finally exposing their stupidity for the whole world to see

Hehehe
See my im.becile of a son with low IQ.
Not from me tho from his mum's side is now dissing me.. hehehe
Im not mad at u tho but u still my son.

On a serious not
Lets discuss about the rift between our yoruba muslim brothers and their chrristian counterparts... im more concern abt them.
My friend is still in pain! angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Yyeske(m): 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2017
Reasonable people should please tell us if the OP was right or wrong in his assertions, we are all here to learn but please back up your views with facts and avoid distractions from intellectually challenged individuals as some are already here to derail the thread.
Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by HoluwarTohbar(f): 3:28pm On Nov 25, 2017
Yyeske:
Lol..."jukwese" crooner. Where were you when thick lips Lauretta onochie said she was not Igbo?
Even an Onitsha man says he's not Igbo so save your breath and pray that some crumbs from Obianos table will accidentally land on you.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by PenlsCaP: 3:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
Lol..."jukwese" crooner. Where were you when thick lips Lauretta onochie said she was not Igbo?
Even an Onitsha man says he's not Igbo so save your breath and pray that some crumbs from Obianos table will accidentally land on you.

Hehehehehe.
U really know Yyeske my son grin
But not as much as i do.. grin

6 Likes

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by HoluwarTohbar(f): 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
PenlsCaP:

Hehehehehe.
U really know Yyeske my son grin
But not as much as i do.. grin
I know him wella!

Dele Momodu is my boy! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Yyeske(m): 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
Forget the Nwa Onye Igbo onicha people say, it doesn't mean they aren't Igbos or denouncing their Igboness, je juo ese.
Some western Igbos feel most Igbos east of the Niger want to take all the glory and sympathy after the civil war, I understand some did it out of fear of associating with the greater Igbo nation after the war.
Igbouzo was changed to Ibusa, we all know about the Ikwerre changes too even Ugwuta in Imo was changed to Oguta and several others.
We need to stop that victim mentality so we all can move on.

You can as well smash your head against the nearest wall because Obiano finally won.
Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Yyeske(m): 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
I know him wella!

I am Bill Gates, deal with that but don't derail the thread
Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by PenlsCaP: 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
I know him wella!

Lolz. grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by tomiwakeem: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2017
Yyeske:
bill gates bi ti bawo?

are you Yoruba or Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Yyeske(m): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2017
tomiwakeem:
bill gates bi ti bawo?
are you Yoruba or Igbo?
Fulani, face topic abeg

1 Like

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by HoluwarTohbar(f): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2017
Yyeske:
Forget the Nwa Onye Igbo onicha people say, it doesn't mean they aren't Igbos or denouncing their Igboness, je juo ese.
Some western Igbos feel most Igbos east of the Niger want to take all the glory and sympathy after the civil war, I understand some did it out of fear of associating with the greater Igbo nation after the war.
Igbouzo was changed to Ibusa, we all know about the Ikwerre changes too even Ugwuta in Imo was changed to Oguta and several others.
We need to stop that victim mentality so we all can move on.

You can as well smash your head against the nearest wall because Obiano finally won.
Story!

I'm actually happy Obiano won if for nothing, it keeps jobless touts like you out of the streets. I am sincerely happy bro.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by HoluwarTohbar(f): 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2017
Yyeske:
Bill Gates!! grin only in your dreams. grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Yyeske(m): 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
Story!

I'm actually happy Obiano won if for nothing, it keeps jobless touts like you out of the streets. I am sincerely happy bro.
If that is only what he can achieve, good but face topic
Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by Yyeske(m): 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
Bill Gates!! grin only in your dreams. grin
What do you have to say about the OF and his write up
Re: Igbo's In The Southeast Are The Problem For Igbo Denial Across The Niger by HoluwarTohbar(f): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2017
Yyeske:
If that is only what he can achieve, good but face topic
Face topic when you claim to be Bill Gates?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebonyi State And Its Arewa Blood Has Been Taken Over By APC / APC Lie Busted! Port Harcourt International Airport Upgrade A PDP Project / FULL VIDEO- Nnamdi KANU Caught In A Hotel Room With Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.