Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi (46666 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by wealthyhenry(m): 8:21am On Nov 26, 2017
Adieza:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=297825804056868&id=158338594672257
The world says seeing is believing, but God said if you believe you will see. The world says save, save and save you'll eventually become rich, but God says give, give and give you'll be blessed. God said to moses, stretch forth your hand and divide the red sea, without no dredging machinery or any machine whatsoever but Moses did as God said and divided it.
Nothing with God makes sense. Oga thank you for forensic analysis but know that the wisdom of men is foolishness with God.
do not lean on your own wisdom and understanding, it is futile with God...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by wealthyhenry(m): 8:23am On Nov 26, 2017
The world says seeing is believing, but God said if you believe you will see. The world says save, save and save you'll eventually become rich, but God says give, give and give you'll be blessed. God said to moses, stretch forth your hand and divide the red sea, without no dredging machinery or any machine whatsoever but Moses did as God said and divided it.
Nothing with God makes logical sense. Oga thank you for your forensic analysis but know that the wisdom of men is foolishness with God.
do not lean on your own wisdom and understanding, it is futile with God...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by DJMCOTTY(m): 8:43am On Nov 26, 2017
joshnes:
I admire your knowledge base, and I can see that your issue is not the jet but that the money should have been used for the needy. You seem to be a good researcher, have you researched on Pastor Chris & Christ Embassy's efforts to reach out to the needy? Let's leave that aside, you said the money should be used to meet the needy ones, let me ask you how many needy ones have you met their needs? With your little income, how many people's lives have you touched? How many people can point at you and say "this guy has been a blessing to my life" not because of the relationship that exists between you guys but because of your impact. It is easy to point fingers at people, but you, what have you done with the little you have? which needy have you helped? Your moaning reminds me of one of Jesus' disciple who was against a gift given to Jesus. His reason; the gift should have been sold and given to the poor. Sounds familiar? I earnestly desire that you do not end like he did.
pastor Chris pikin sighted

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by olowobaba10: 9:16am On Nov 26, 2017
JUST SHUT UP IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY, TRUTH HURTS!
joshnes:
I admire your knowledge base, and I can see that your issue is not the jet but that the money should have been used for the needy. You seem to be a good researcher, have you researched on Pastor Chris & Christ Embassy's efforts to reach out to the needy? Let's leave that aside, you said the money should be used to meet the needy ones, let me ask you how many needy ones have you met their needs? With your little income, how many people's lives have you touched? How many people can point at you and say "this guy has been a blessing to my life" not because of the relationship that exists between you guys but because of your impact. It is easy to point fingers at people, but you, what have you done with the little you have? which needy have you helped? Your moaning reminds me of one of Jesus' disciple who was against a gift given to Jesus. His reason; the gift should have been sold and given to the poor. Sounds familiar? I earnestly desire that you do not end like he did.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by maasoap(m): 9:18am On Nov 26, 2017
joshnes:
@op shouldn't have made statement about building hospitals or what the money could have been used for alternatively because it gave people like you something to divert attention.
BTW: @op didn't tell you that he had.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by maasoap(m): 9:26am On Nov 26, 2017
MyVILLAGEpeople:

I swear you just made my day with this wonderful writeup. God bless you.
Pastor Chris started preaching the gospel when he was 15 years old in Benin, and today Pastor Chris is over 50 years and somepeople still expect him to be in one level.
@op didn't say that the pastor does not deserve a private jet after preaching the gospel for 15 years but why lying about the source of the private jet.
His points 8 and 9 were based on the fact that even if the private jet was a gift, he himself will be using 1.4 billion naira annually for maintenance.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by rectitude(m): 9:55am On Nov 26, 2017
joshnes:

Profound! Couldn't have said it better.
You have blessed my day.

They know not, neither will they understand.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:07am On Nov 26, 2017
joshnes:
what has he done with his own money? his problem is that the money should have been used for the needy

Bro, you are diverting from the main issue...the point is WHY DID YOUR PASTOR LIE HE GOT THE JET AS A GIFT?

People are getting wiser now, gone are the days you continue to lie to people... The internet is scary.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by 3RNEST(m): 11:21am On Nov 26, 2017
Who bought the jet?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by kennykane1(m): 11:34am On Nov 26, 2017
joshnes:
what has he done with his own money? his problem is that the money should have been used for the needy

You seem to be living out of this world. How else do you want him to help? You see the problem of we Africans is we like to be lied to. For God's sake this guy is just an ordinary guy and the pastor you are here defending is supposed to be living a christlike life which his followers also learn from. Instead of you to reason deep and see the wrong in your pastors action, NO you would rather defend him and continue living a false life. Wake up peaple, wake up!

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by ken55: 11:38am On Nov 26, 2017
Obascoetubi:
Jesus didn't live this kinda style because there is no jet at that moment, u have forgotten that Jesus used donkey to travel to other cities? so, pastors needs jet to travel to other countries for evangelsm

YES. JESUS USED DONKEY IN HIS TIME. AND DONKEY WAS THE LOWEST OF ALL TRAVEL ANIMALS AT THAT TIME. THERE WERE HORSES, CHARIOTS OF ALL KINDS, AND EVEN "MOBILE THRONES" CARRIED BY STRONG MEN ON THEIRS SHOULDERS. BUT HE CHOSE A DONKEY. THE LOWEST OF THEM ALL.

SO YOU THINK HE DID THAT FOR NOTHING

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by rinzylee(m): 11:40am On Nov 26, 2017
Fadman4real:

I hate it when u guys counter the tithe argument by saying go and sell all you have for the poor. I worked hard to get what I have today I did not have to collect money that others have worked for and claim it is for God. I am not a fraudster unlike your so called men of God.

If dangote or any other wealthy man buys 10 private jets no one would complain. He worked hard to get to where he is today and doesn't beg or force people to give him money that he is the emmisary of God.

Read your Bible with an open mind and free yourself from the shackles of pastor worship it can't take you anywhere.

Lol... I have read my Bible well and still do. has anyone forced you to pay your tithe to Him In fact when last did you tithe??

You can argue over this matter till Jesus Returns, You will wear out.

Outta here
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by rinzylee(m): 11:41am On Nov 26, 2017
menxer:

One thing you should know is, anything used to tar a road is worthless for any other purpose. Apart from using Coal tar on our streets, do we wear it as an ornament?
What that Bible portion is trying to portray is the worthlessness of material things in the spiritual realms

Great point at worthlessness.... So Isn't the jet worthless too? Afterall this world and everything in it would be destroyed by fire......

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by Nwakerendu: 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
joshnes:
I sense thus boy is christ embassier or whatever you call yoursleves.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by Obascoetubi: 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
ken55:

YES. JESUS USED DONKEY IN HIS TIME. AND DONKEY WAS THE LOWEST OF ALL TRAVEL ANIMALS AT THAT TIME. THERE WERE HORSES, CHARIOTS OF ALL KINDS, AND EVEN "MOBILE THRONES" CARRIED BY STRONG MEN ON THEIRS SHOULDERS. BUT HE CHOSE A DONKEY. THE LOWEST OF THEM ALL.

SO YOU THINK HE DID THAT FOR NOTHING
HOW DO U KNOW IT'S THE LOWEST(DONKEY)_where did u see the price list at that time?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by obatoro: 2:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
Alariiwo:
Jesus Christ didn't live this kinda life... so what do these guys preach exactly.

Christ said His kingdom is not of this world, why He was always lowkey but seems these pastors are after wealth and riches of the world.
Most of them collected money from GEJ tho. so I'm not surprised. Like one said he will open gates of hell if we vote in PMB (mere mortal o). Till today nothing has happened.
God pass una

Let me tell you the truth, the preachers of today are so attached to the world even more than the world itself, and any attempt to correct them, the result is insults,they won't respond from the bible they are carrying. This is worrisome.

Have you ever heard one of these prosperity ministers give a powerful sermon on I John 2:15:
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life is not of the Father, but is of the world."

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by joshnes(m): 2:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
Nwakerendu:
I sense thus boy is christ embassier or whatever you call yoursleves.
No, I'm not sir, just a believer
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by joshnes(m): 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2017
rectitude:

Profound! Couldn't have said it better. You have blessed my day.
They know not, neither will they understand.

Thank You, I'm glad to be a blessing.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by Alariiwo: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2017
obatoro:

Let me tell you the truth, the preachers of today are so attached to the world even more than the world itself, and any attempt to correct them, the result is insults,they won't respond from the bible they are carrying. This is worrisome.

Have you ever heard one of these prosperity ministers give a powerful sermon on I John 2:15:
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life is not of the Father, but is of the world."

God bless you for this verse you pointed out.

The devil has deceived so many into false doctrines and teachings, gullible people parting with their belongings all in the name of worshipping God.

I don't know what anyone has to give God that'll amount to 0.0000000001% of HIS wealth.

I can tell you that these pastors will burn in the deepest part of hell. Being a sinner in it's own is still pardonable cos we were all born into sin but being deep rooted in blasphemy against Holyspirit and using God's name for personal gain leads to eternal destruction.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by joshnes(m): 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
Mysselff2:

In essence,who the guy epp ?
What business is he into ? Hope he is not into fraud or drugs because body dey quick pepper hypocrites like him
So Mr OP who you epp?
Lol
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by joshnes(m): 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
victorioushands From your answer sir, i think you are a christian, so i will answer you appropriately. First, prosperity is my right as a christian, your right too and every believer's right. We The God Who "...giveth...power to get wealth" (Deut 8:18), The God "....which hath pleasure in the prosperity of His servant" (Psalm 35:27). The God Who ..."became poor, that ye through His poverty might become rich." (2Cor 8:9). Prosperity is our portion who do you expect to ride private jets? Unbelievers alone? Nope, we too ought to, if you can afford it, why not? Do you know the charitable work they do? Secondly, there is no doubt that there are Men of God eating people's money and God's money. But it is not your job to judge any one of them (Rom 14:4), let alone allow an unbeliever change your opinion on one. Finally sir, never look up to any man, these pastors are men too like you. Look up to Jesus, that way you will never be ashamed of anybody. Shalom victorioushands.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by joshnes(m): 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
MyVILLAGEpeople:

I swear you just made my day with this wonderful writeup. God bless you.
Pastor Chris started preaching the gospel when he was 15 years old in Benin, and today Pastor Chris is over 50 years and somepeople still expect him to be in one level.
Amen Sir, Bless You Too.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by joshnes(m): 3:40pm On Nov 26, 2017
Gryffindor:

Really funny how u left the points he made and turned ur attention to his personality,tell me those points of his doesn't intrigue u,why dont u counter him based on those points he has made made than counter the good he could nor couldn't hv done,if u ask me sounds cowardly of you
Those points are not proof of anything. If anything, he did not prove it impossible that the jet was bought as a gift, expensive and difficult, yes but impossible, NO. His points also included using the money for the poor. So I asked what he has done for the poor in his own small capacity.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by Fadman4real(m): 4:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
Obascoetubi:
and you think some one will borrow u his/her jet? if there is jet at the time of Jesus, i am sure he will use it instead of donkey

I am lost here, do you know that donkeys in the days of Jesus can be likened to motorcycles that we use today. Donkeys were used by poor farmers, If jesus wanted to use the best at that time he would av used carriage that only the very wealthy such as the kings could aford but he used a donkey to show humility which he has shown all through his life. Stop decieving yourself and try to study the life of christ and compare it to your pastors life and see if his ways are as humble as that of christ.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by Fadman4real(m): 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
rinzylee:

Lol... I have read my Bible well and still do. has anyone forced you to pay your tithe to Him In fact when last did you tithe??

You can argue over this matter till Jesus Returns, You will wear out.

Outta here

Do you know what is called threats and humilation. In your churches today they make it seem like if you do not pay tithes you would die of poverty, you would be a begger. The only thing they emphasise on is tithes everytime when they have service, sometimes the pastor goes the extra lenght to curse you if you do not bring your tithes.

There are even times when you would not be allowed to do your weddings if you have not paid your tithes in your churches. My brother wake up from your slumber.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by joshnes(m): 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
Lightening:

Very poor comparison. Pastor Chris happens to be a custodian of peoples' charity givings and donations. Is the writer also receiving donations for charity?
I did not compare anybody, I only asked someone a series of question. Why will you give charity to Christ Embassy? Is it a charity organisation? The writer is a custodian of his own money, from his little what has he done?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by rinzylee(m): 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
Fadman4real:

Do you know what is called threats and humilation. In your churches today they make it seem like if you do not pay tithes you would die of poverty, you would be a begger. The only thing they emphasise on is tithes everytime when they have service, sometimes the pastor goes the extra lenght to curse you if you do not bring your tithes.

There are even times when you would not be allowed to do your weddings if you have not paid your tithes in your churches. My brother wake up from your slumber.

I am yet to see the church where the Pastor threatens the people to tithe... at least it doesn't happen in mine.

Second is the fact that God instituted tithing as a way to cater for the Levites who were barred from doing any other work save temple service. From there they eat, maintain their Families, and run the church.

Let me ask you a very honest question... If you were a pastor, would you be a poor one who can't even afford 1 meal??

If people brought seed willingly to you, and said Pastor this is for you, would you refuse??

If you are threatened and humiliated because you don't tithe, you go to another church and wed nah.

finally, If you were an idol worshipper would you dare refuse to sacrifice to your idol if he demands anything let alone challenge it's priest as to how he used the chicken or cow you brought

if you can't do this to a dead god, why do it to God and His servants

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by Gryffindor: 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
joshnes:
Those points are not proof of anything. If anything, he did not prove it impossible that the jet was bought as a gift, expensive and difficult, yes but impossible, NO. His points also included using the money for the poor. So I asked what he has done for the poor in his own small capacity.

Obviously u missed the part where he said for u to afford to give a private jet as a gift to a person, then u should be ready to be coughing upto N162 bilion in either fees or taxes I guess",that amount must sound possible to u in a situation where u attract serious investigation into ur dealings.seriosly u just didn't read d writeup well or u jst chose to neglect the sense he made

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 27, 2017
vertueptime:

U are askin what has he done? He has exposed the pastor for the fraud he is, it will save many potential gullible people from been scammed, poor people if i myt add. So he has helped alot of people by helping them avoid been duped and scammed

May your days be long and fruitful.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by Cromagnon: 6:09am On Nov 27, 2017
kstyle2:
So sad. The op said the annual operating cost of a private jet is estimated at 1.4b naira. Assuming this is true, and a Nigerian pastor can boast of 4 private jet, that's an estimated 5.6b naira per year. This amount can handle, say trunk c roads(local govt roads)construction and maintenance in certain states. I think this act alone can serve as a form of evangelism. Better still, this amount can be used to fund ideas generated by entrepreneurs. We truly have misplaced priorities in this country. Some 'educated' folks will still justify this action
I don't believe in bling bling pastor but why should he fix trunk c road and how many kilometres will he fix and what is lga chairman job
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by nwatthu(m): 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
businessmen, thats what i call dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

Where's the proof he's a "man of God"?

You're right. I shouldn't insult him.

I should insult YOU for allowing him exchange your brain with a pin mouth charger.

I didnt tell u that am falling mugu for any MOG. I only wanted u to talk like a congressman not irresponsibly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / Good Occult Fraternities / General Overseer & Wife Fight Dirty Over Church Ownership, Wife Floors Hubby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.