Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed (44131 Views)

Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini / ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu / The Lord's Garden: Dr Paul Enenche's New Multi Billion Naira Auditorium (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by gabe: 11:55am On Nov 26, 2017
Its was when my own brother told me pastor Enenche, pastor Oyedepo et al has more revelation on tithe than Jesus Christ that i gave up. I had argued that Christ was talking to pharasees and he, his apostles and all early christian leaders gave NO directives to christians to tithe. See, please don't argue with this tithe people o. Their daddy G.O is greater than God and Jesus in their eyes.

5 Likes

Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by Xmen149(m): 11:57am On Nov 26, 2017
the tihing was to the levits a tribe of priests (who must have no single possession )and there were specific instruction on how it must be used,.the levits not Jesus or his deciples

its more like a kind of law guarding that particular area/state just like tax cos when the church drifted from this area of origin the churches(Christ and disciples where not collecting tithing in these new areas neither where they before)

even when the church started the Christian community in these new areas the THINGS BROUGHT BY THOSE WHO CAN WHERE SHARED AMONGST THE POORE ONES AMONGST THEN now that's the actual way tithe ought to be practiced.

Christ never collected he was calling then out that even though you pay to those guys its still not making your life any better (BC Christ him self no pay)and him and his church later established no collect so what are we doing

1 Like

Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by Em5(m): 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
onuhabel1:
Last night, God's servant, Dr Paul Enenche of Dunamis exposed the truth of tithing pointing out how Jesus endorsed in
Matt 23:23 says

New Living Translation
"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

King James Bible
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

The passage shows that Jesus endorsed tithing but rebuked tithing in iniquity, so we should tithe!
*You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.* (NLT)
Excerpts from the teaching:

WHAT IS THE TITHE ABOUT?
1. The Tithe is one-tenth of a person’s income
2. The Tithe existed before the law of Moses (Gen. 14:18-20; 2Cor. 9:6-7)
The Tithe did not come with the law of Moses so it cannot go with the law Moses. It existed far before the law and will continue to exist far after the law.
3. The Tithe did not begin as a commandment, it began as a Kingdom principle delivered by revelation (Gen. 14:18-20)
Nobody told Abraham to tithe, it was revealed to him by God
4. Kingdom principles and revelations are universal in application (Mark 13:37)
Time does not change Divine principles and revelations (Gen. 17:1; Matt. 5:48; 2Cor. 13:11)
6. Tithing was confirmed and commended by the Master in the New Testament (Matt. 23:23; Luke 11:42; Lev. 27:30)
7. The Tithe was validated by Paul the Apostle in the New Testament [Heb. 7:1-8]

Do not be pastored by Social media!

New Living Translation
"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

The New Covenant (or New Testament) Christianity was commissioned effectively after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Christ while he lived gradually debunked most of the old covenant (old testament) practices (including tithing) which would no longer be necessary in the Christendom he would leave behind by the time he is done. By Matt. 23:23 he was already laying the foundation or sending the signal to the effect that the new covenant Christian would have no need for such old covenant practice.

You say tithing was not part of the 10 commandments (or the law) that was replaced by Grace but so also burnt offering was not part of the 10 commandment but is also no longer necessary. If you say tithing was prior to mosaic law, there are other practices, such as circumcision and sabbath-keeping which pre-date the law and yet are no longer binding on us. why don't you preserve those as well. James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. Christ has paid the ultimate price by his death and resurrection, he has made the ultimate sacrifice so there would never be need for another. Don't forget that it was the Tribe of the Levites who where the Priests (intercessors)and had no inheritance that God commanded to receive tithes. In the new convenant Christ is the High Priest, made the ultimate sacrifice once and for all, He is the only intercessor and no more need for levitical priests, Hebrews 7:11-12 made this clear. Tithing was part of the mosaic law or laws of Moses. infact there were three tithes required of the isrealites.

WHAT IS THE TITHE ABOUT?
1. The Tithe is one-tenth of a person’s income:
The references of tithe in the bible was never money but goods, fruits, meat, wine, oil, etc. which were produces of harvest of the land. I am yet to see any reference in the bible where tithe was paid as money but I know of 28 References in the bible of first fruits and they all referred to the above mentioned harvests of the land. As a matter of fact in Deut 14:22-27 God specifically commanded that if the location of his presence be too far for you to carry these foods, sell them into money, when you are close to the location, convert the money back into food and bring to his presence.

The Tithe did not come with the law of Moses so it cannot go with the law Moses. It existed far before the law and will continue to exist far after the law.
If you say tithing was prior to mosaic law, there are other practices, such as circumcision and sabbath-keeping which pre-date the law and yet are no longer binding on us. why don't you preserve those as well. James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

3. The Tithe did not begin as a commandment, it began as a Kingdom principle delivered by revelation (Gen. 14:18-20).

God never commanded Abraham to give tithe, Abraham gave freely out of his will. like was mentioned earlier above, the only people that God COMMANDED to receive tithes were TRIBE OF LEVITES who were chosen Priests (Mediators/Intercessors) and had no inheritance.

?? Out of context ??

5. Time does not change Divine principles and revelations (Gen. 17:1; Matt. 5:48; 2Cor. 13:11)
?? Out of context ??

6. Tithing was confirmed and commended by the Master in the New Testament (Matt. 23:23; Luke 11:42; Lev. 27:30).
Not after the Masters death and his resurrection which ushered in the New covenant Christianity. Again, How come the new testament has no record whatsoever of any disciple of Even Christ himself paying tithes.

7. The Tithe was validated by Paul the Apostle in the New Testament [Heb. 7:1-8]
Here Paul was trying to make a connection between Christ and Melchizedek who was a mysterious Priest, so great that Abraham paid tithe to him. And please read further to [Heb. 7:11-13] and see Paul afterall saying that if the Levitical Priesthood was perfect there would have been no need for a different kind of priest to appear and of course a change in the law. Remember Christ is the High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.

In my opinion, I think if you feel good paying tithes and not out of compulsion, you can go on paying. I would rather pay 10%, 5% or 30% to my neighbour whose children I noticed have stopped school or to the very poor around me who can barely feed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
Any Christian will not argue about tithe paying. It is the mix multitude that is using the excuse in conjunction with unbelievers and pagans who are hell bound and ready to pull down the church
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by orisa37: 12:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
Tithe is Redistribution of God's Wealth for the benefit of all his Children. God instructs the uses of T I T H E !
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by jacyhelen(f): 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
All of una na Thieves......does muslim people who are from Dubia and other places not Rich
Is billgate and mark tite payers??..ndi oshi....
I was waiteing to hear him quote Deutonomy 14 22 to end but he skiped it..
God bless daddy freez

1 Like

Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by spartacus11(m): 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
onuhabel1:

It says
What I say to one, I say to all
so what God said to Abraham, he's saying to us also
Go and sacrifice ur isaac, we are waiting

1 Like

Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by slydubber(m): 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
The pastor quoting all this books, chapters n verses of the Bible omitted deutronomy 14:22-27.. They will neva teach u this part of the Holy book..

1 Like

Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by thamarvelz(m): 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
Could you pls explain how 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 supports tithing??
Does that portion support tithing or cheerful giving? And must u tithe for giving to be cheerful?

1 Like

Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by blackmantis: 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2017
We have seen that tithing formed an important part of the Old Covenant which was ratified at Mount Sinai. This Mosaic code came to a conclusion when the veil of the temple was torn when our Saviour expired upon the cross. Christians now live under the New Covenant. Both the apostle Paul and the writer of the anonymous Book of Hebrews plainly show that we are no longer subject to the legalistic Levitical system.
It is true that tithes are also mentioned prior to Sinai in connection with both Abraham and Jacob, but, as we have seen, we can deduce little from those examples for two reasons:
1. Tithing was not confined to Israel, the concept appears to have existed elsewhere in the ancient world.
2. Strictly speaking, those examples were not even a 'tithe' in the way in which that word is now often used, they were freewill offerings of a tenth.

We have also noted that neither the apostle Paul nor the early Church appeared to hold any concept of paying tithes, with the concept only emerging post-Constantine when a means was sought to finance huge 'church' and cathedral buildings.
With hopefully a little sadness, we noted that increasingly the visible, organised church was now all too often led by "bishops" who were really more politicians than spiritual leaders. Of course, there were some exceptions to this but Christian history - all too often - paints quite a depressing picture. Hopefully we have also seen that the imposed tithe became associated with terrible abuses of power at times by the established church, leading to terrible periods of unrest in England and Germany, including the Peasant's Revolt (this is not to say, of course, that tithing - all on its own - caused the Peasant's Revolt, but that it was one of the things which appeared as gross injustices to the poor, such injustices finally leading to that revolt).

We have seen that the 'modern tithe' (which appears to have emerged in the late 19th century United States), bears little resemblance to the Levitical tithe. That tithe was concerned with meeting the needs of the poor of the land, whether the Levites who received no land inheritance, or others who wished to travel to the Levitical Feast days, or the poor in general. It was not the sort of tax which, as Samuel warned, kings would impose, thereby making themselves richer and financing their various projects!

Finally, I pointed out that the New Testament points out a financial approach which is best summed up by the word 'Koinonia' (sharing). We see this approach employed in the Book of Acts; it was a complete committment by all Christians to each other, so that none should suffer lack or privation, and out of this, the preaching and advance of the Gospel was also funded. If this were practised today, it is fair to say that congregations would no longer have poorer members, though pastors might have to accept lower pay for their labours in some cases, especially in more affluent areas. It is also true to say that if this kind of total Christian sharing were practised today, third world missions would surely receive much greater financial support than is often the case at present.

Once again I make a plea that all reading this and accepting these conclusions, be committed to not causing division within congregations. If any are feeling angry about any of my comments, please first ask yourselves WHY you are feeling angry before sending off an irate e-mail to me! If what I say is unbiblical, then show me where I am being unbiblical. May I just say, God bless all of you and if any feel that big and uncomfortable decisions are now called for, please petition the Lord to give you the strength and courage which you will undoubtedly need.

This is a well reserched article by Robin A. Brace 2002 http://www.ukapologetics.net/tithe.htm
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by milliondollas(m): 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
. Num 18:22 From now on the Israelites must not go near the Tent of Meeting, or they will bear the consequences of their sin and will die.

Num 18:24 Instead, I give to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the LORD. That is why I said concerning them: 'They will have no inheritance among the Israelites.'"

Num 18:26 "Speak to the Levites and say to them: 'When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the LORD'S offering.

Num 18:28 In this way you also will present an offering to the LORD from all the tithes you receive from the Israelites. From these tithes you must give the LORD'S portion to Aaron the priest.

Num 18:28 In this way you also will present an offering to the LORD from all the tithes you receive from the Israelites. From these tithes you must give the LORD'S portion to Aaron the priest.

Num 18:31 You and your households may eat the rest of it anywhere, for it is your wages for your work at the Tent of Meeting.

Deu 14:22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.

Deu 14:23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always.

Deu 14:24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the LORD your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the LORD will choose to put his Name is so far away),

Deu 14:25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the LORD your God will choose.

Deu 14:26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice.

Deu 14:27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

Deu 14:28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year's produce and store it in your towns,

Deu 14:29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the aliens, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Deu 26:12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.

Deu 26:13 Then say to the LORD your God: "I have removed from my house the sacred portion and have given it to the Levite, the alien, the fatherless and the widow, according to all you commanded. I have not turned aside from your commands nor have I forgotten any of them.

Deu 26:14 I have not eaten any of the sacred portion while I was in mourning, nor have I removed any of it while I was unclean, nor have I offered any of it to the dead. I have obeyed the LORD my God; I have done everything you commanded me.

1st timothy 1 vs 8. the law is good if it is used correctly
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by Chylo(m): 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

Why don't you go and sacrifice your son or travel from Ur to Haran since those too are part of what God told Abraham to do given your statement that what God told Abraham is applicable to everybody in our world today.

And didn't God tell Abraham to circumscise his entire household as a mark of the covenant between Abraham and God? Whence then did Paul derive the authority to say that for IN CHRIST neither circumcision nor uncircumscision has any value, the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6
If Paul was alive to settle this tithe issue I can confidently say this is what he would say 'for In CHRIST tithing or not tithing does not count what counts is faith expressing itself through love.'

Most pastors endorsing tithe and foisting it on the people through words such 'tithe is a Kingdom principle' are being deliberately deceitful. There are no Kingdom principles- not tithe, not seed faith etc. The only principle is Christ, in Christ.
Open your eyes people.

No sir, there are kingdom principles. Tithing may not be one, but giving and receiving certainly is.
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by kennypoka2(m): 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
onuhabel1:
did God came down from heaven to collect Abraham's tithe?
After that event, the Levites began to be in charge
And today, priesthood is not by inheritance but calling
So, those called of God as ministers collets the tithe while God receives it
Do you know, we have all being called to priesthood! Immediately, you give your life to Christ, you are called King and priest by Jesus Christ. Before, in the old testament, the priests were appointed by God but after Jesus coming and resurrection, We are to be called God's priesthood- 1peter 2vs5. Everyone should start paying tithe to himself.
The levites then were the only one permitted to receive tithe but do you know in the new testament, we were all referred to as Levites.
The call of shepherding a church is totally different from tithing. Let's try to understand tithing before we spit out crap to support our idiocracy. I urge you to study the bible and understand it in depth.
You are not cursed if you don't tithe to a pastor. You have been liberated by Christ so why will some tithe hinder his blessings into your life. Live life freely caring not what some people say. Love God and love man. Do what's right and help in the little way you can.
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by phobia2002: 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
[quote author=onuhabel1 post=62709760]Yea, if what Jesus said to one person, he says to all

Don't u know Jesus was with God from the beginning and he's God?

If he told Abraham, it applies to us as well, Paul the apostle also spoke abt tithing, u knw?
[/quote

how many times have you offered ram sacrificed since it applied to all. Tithes is biblical but it should be used for its purpose. Some members do not have anything to eat after service today.
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by equity1(m): 1:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
MrBottle:
Why won't he be rich, when he put his money right back to his pocket all in the name of tithing.
He pays his tithe in another church.
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 26, 2017
Pls I am not against tithing, I need clearifications. The bible talks alot about tithes and I only see in Deut. 14:22 down how tithe is paid and to be used. Why is it that emphasis is not placed on this part of the scriptures by our teachers. I see this part of the scripture as a manual for tithing, all other parts talks about paying tithe, but in Deut. 14 from 22 down is a tithe manual which all the churches in Nigeria do not follow.
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 26, 2017
My people perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by Mujtahida: 1:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
Chylo:

No sir, there are kingdom principles. Tithing may not be one, but giving and receiving certainly is.
Take it or leave it. There are no Kingdom principles as such. Christ is all. Do you know the meaning of the 'I am' statements frequently used by Jesus?
If Jesus were to speak to you in his usual 'I am' statement he'd say 'I am the giving and the giver'.

Christians don't understand Christ. What makes your giving different from that of a generous Muslim? The answer is your giving is prompted from out of Christ. Giving is a basic principle of this world not a Kingdom principle. Christian giving is beyond just giving because it is of Christ.
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by nwakaibeya1: 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2017
those who have true power of Jesus Christ knows the battle field and that's where power rules and in the realm. Of the spirit there is no distance so what does ranting about tithe mean if those paying tithes can't sleep genuinely at night and are not empowered to be feared by evil people and evil marine promoters and kingdoms and occult world? Knowing a true man of God is to have peace and unbelievable power. How many people have you empowered spiritually and given the light and peace as Jesus Christ declared and gives those who truly locate him? Talk is cheap but the power and ability to defend what you say is not very cheap at all, especially at night where the battles of life are fought, won or lost and those who trade spiritually understand my unbelievable truth and revelation.

Behold, its only at night that we know who is who evil or good no pretenses at night,no matter your title or position,hence every one is free to claim any title but the greatest title is what Jesus Christ calls you.

JesusChrist has name titles for those he truly knows, different from the titles of humans after all so many disciples where chased away by Jesus Christ and they never changed the title as bible recorded. Mathew 13,13-15

1 Like

Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by Mujtahida: 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2017
Batam:
Any Christian will not argue about tithe paying. It is the mix multitude that is using the excuse in conjunction with unbelievers and pagans who are hell bound and ready to pull down the church
The church that stands on the prop of tithe should be pulled down. It's a false church. No foundation other than Christ. God didn't say he would build his church with and through tithe. He said he would build it with living stones with Christ as the chief corner stone.
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by iriakanns(m): 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
Goshen360:

Please kindly name one blessing tithers receive that non tithers like me don't receive?

Btw, I'm a christian and a believer in giving. So let's get that straight
sir can you also name one thing unbelievers like me isn't getting that u re getting!
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by Rhectz(m): 1:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Kindly explain the "kingdom principles and revelations" in that Mark 13:37 passage.

Note that Abraham, as the father of Israel (true believers and Christians) was given as a sample for all Christians.

Isaiah 51:2 KJV
Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by beloveddan: 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2017
If we should tithe, churches should use the tithe for what it was used for in the old testament: attend to orphans and widows, take care of ministers etc. If churches use tithe funds to build schools, members kids should school in such schools free or at reduced cost. Same with hospitals. I do not think it is fair in God's sight that poor church members' kids cannot school in schools built with tithe funds.I cannot understand how a pastor can go on a rolls Royce while many church members are poor. Will Jesus be able to do that?
The issue is tithing. Yes, much important is what the tithe is done with. Many churches that emphasize tithing do not even pay their pastors well. How on earth can a pastor with family get #30k as monthly salary, yet the church's tithe is in millions? This beats my imagination.

1 Like

Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by khristal87(m): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
Paying tithe s nt really ma problem bt to dis churches with super Rich life style, flauting wealth, deceiving people, so many cars, private jets etc...no no no i ve better things to do with ma money....wen i tithe, i do it to very poor churches...it ll be useful there
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
TITHING HAS BEEN OPENING UNCOUNTABLE DOORS OF BLESSINGS FOR ME. TITHE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND NOT WHERE THE MONEY IS GOING TO.
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by Chylo(m): 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

Take it or leave it. There are no Kingdom principles as such. Christ is all. Do you know the meaning of the 'I am' statements frequently used by Jesus?
If Jesus were to speak to you in his usual 'I am' statement he'd say 'I am the giving and the giver'.

Christians don't understand Christ. What makes your giving different from that of a generous Muslim? The answer is your giving is prompted from out of Christ. Giving is a basic principle of this world not a Kingdom principle. Christian giving is beyond just giving because it is of Christ.

I agree with you because all these are just semantics and about how terms are defined. You said giving is a principle of the world, which is true, but it is also a principle for people who belong to God's kingdom. The key thing I was correcting was where you said there was nothing like principles.
Other kingdom principles include faith (by which we live), love (all things must be done in love) and hope. But of course as you rightly said, Christ is an encapsulation of everything!
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by Edesinpayan(m): 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
Chylo:

It is rather universal principle because it works for all
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by Edesinpayan(m): 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
Rhectz:

Note that Abraham, as the father of Israel (true believers and Christians) was given as a sample for all Christians.

Isaiah 51:2 KJV
Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.

We look unto Christ now not Abraham. Christ is a superior being and a role model for Christians..
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by Iamsuksex(m): 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
All these reactions to the tithing principles... With the plenty verses why didn't the senior pastor talk about what is written in the book of Deuteronomy. At least what is applicable there should be applicable to us all too.
iriakanns:

sir can you also name one thing unbelievers like me isn't getting that u re getting!
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by ehissi(m): 3:53pm On Nov 26, 2017
MrBottle:
Why won't he be rich, when he put his money right back to his pocket all in the name of tithing.

With all due respect, Sharaaaaap! That is an insult to a highly revered elder of God.

If a child wakes up today and says he wants to go to grow up and be an oil worker or petro-chemocal engineer, you see a financially rewarding future.

When your child wakes up and tells you he wants to be a painter or a vulcaniser or a scavengers thats picks scrap metal from waste bins you see something wrong his brain.

That was what Pastoring was, Pastors were not known to be wealthy then when they started so I dont understand why people suspect them of such
Pecuniary ambitions.

For your info, Oyedepo dey tithe to Adeboye so park well...... angry
Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by dankol: 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
onuhabel1:
Last night, God's servant, Dr Paul Enenche of Dunamis exposed the truth of tithing pointing out how Jesus endorsed in
Matt 23:23 says

New Living Translation

King James Bible
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

The passage shows that Jesus endorsed tithing but rebuked tithing in iniquity, so we should tithe!
*You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.* (NLT)
Excerpts from the teaching:

WHAT IS THE TITHE ABOUT?
3. The Tithe did not begin as a commandment, it began as a Kingdom principle delivered by revelation (Gen. 14:18-20)
Time does not change Divine principles and revelations (Gen. 17:1; Matt. 5:48; 2Cor. 13:11)
6. Tithing was confirmed and commended by the Master in the New Testament (Matt. 23:23; Luke 11:42; Lev. 27:30)

Do not be pastored by Social media!

grin grin grin grin grin GOSPEL OF TITHE ACCORDING TO PASTORPRENEUR ENENCHE.. ISSORIT

WHAT IS THE TITHE ABOUT?
MY RESPONSE: I am not surprised at the definition but it is 101% deviant from biblical definition. Tithe is a tenth of farm produce, animals and agricultural goods and foods stuff.

MY RESPONSE: Totally correct but not the one practiced to day. Abraham only tithed ONCE, not from his INCOME either. More importantly, HE GAVE TITHE NOT PAID TITHE.

MY RESPONSE: OMG ! where did God revealed it to Abraham. I guess another rhema from above BUT UNSCRIPTURAL!

MY RESPONSE: Totally correct but not the one practiced to day. Abraham only tithed ONCE, not from his INCOME either. More importantly, HE GAVE TITHE NOT PAID TITHE. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin When you cant justify why an unbeliever is prospering.. thats what you end up saying. but then, is he infering that, Dangote, Zuckerberg, Seun Osewa (of all people lol) pay tithe..hahahahahaha

MY RESPONSE: I am very interested in this part. This where they claim validation in the new-testament. But, they fail to realize that, jesus was talking about the LAW in entirety that THE PHARISSESS PRACTICE A FEW FAVOURABLE ONES AND IGNORE THE REST. PLEASE CHECK THE LAST WORD OF THAT PASSAGE.. "LAW".. The question is.. which law? The law of Moses. So if a pastor is refering to this passage, by implication, he practice the law... and YET JESUS CAME TO FULFILL THE LAW AND WE ARE UNDER GRACE... hmmm.. i smell hypocrisy in phrassesial form.

MY RESPONSE: This was the worst reply i have seen in defence of tithe.. cherry-picking passages.. why not read the whole passage.. that is the key to understanding tithe in the new testament. No where did paul validated tithe...

WHO IS NEXT TO RELEASE HIS OWN VERSION OF THE GOSPEF OF TITHE...

1 Like

Re: Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed by obatoro: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
you can just read this in your spare time, it will clear all doubts about tithe.https://www.nairaland.com/4184887/answers-tihte-questions#62510220

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Replies Follower Who Begged For Money To Replace Mother's Phone / 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! / (VIDEO) Holy Mary Mother Of Jesus Appeared In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.